WWE Champion John Cena Injured?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Castiel

Reaction score
WWE.com has learned that WWE Champion John Cena sustained an injury during WWE's European tour. The WWE Champion injured his right Achilles tendon while battling Ryback.

The injury raises questions about the scheduled match between Cena and Ryback at Extreme Rules on May 19. What lies ahead for the Cenation leader? Does this put Ryback one step closer to capturing the WWE Title?

There are no details yet about Cena's expected recovery time.

For more, stay with WWE.com and tune in to Monday’s Raw at 8/7 CT on USA Network.

Seems like it could easily be a work since it's on WWE.com and tries to fit into the storyline. Even if this is true, I can only see Cena working through it. If true he would join Punk and Rock on the injured list, this could refresh the WWE title scene but who would feud over the belt?

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
Even though I don't watch wrestling, I have to say.. that doesn't really sound specific enough to classify how serious the injury is.

Did he pull his achilles tendon? Did he tear his achilles tendon? Those things have to be mentioned in order to know the status of the injury. If he tore it, than he's gonna have to take some time off in order to have surgery, if he strained it or pulled it than I guess they'll probably just give him some painkillers for the next few weeks and make him work through it. I'm assuming that the fact that this says "WWE Champion John Cena" that he still has some importance on TV but if it's a tear than there's no way that he can work through that without taking some time off from surgery.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sabretooth

Reaction score
It's probably a work due to the fact that they're saying it's Ryback's fault.

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
I imagine that Cena has a little bit more in ring experience than this "Ryback" character?

Professional wrestling is a very dangerous activity, anything can happen. I'm not doubting it, but that's another thing to take into account.

Castiel

Reaction score
Even though I don't watch wrestling, I have to say.. that doesn't really sound specific enough to classify how serious the injury he is.

Did he pull his achilles tendon? Did he tear his achilles tendon? Those things have to be mentioned in order to know the status of the injury. If he tore it, than he's gonna have to take some time off in order to have surgery, if he strained it or pulled it than I guess they'll probably just give him some painkillers for the next few weeks and make him work through it. I'm assuming that the fact that this says "WWE Champion John Cena" that he still has some importance on TV but if it's a tear than there's no way that he can work through that without taking some time off from surgery.

I'm guessing it could easily be a minor injury but they aren't releasing the severity of it yet so you have to tune into Raw to find out. True though, we need to wait to find out more about the injury. Also, for someone that doesn't watch you've got a good handle on things it seems from your wrestling posts. Lol

It's probably a work due to the fact that they're saying it's Ryback's fault.

It says Ryback was who he was facing, thousands that saw the show live can vouch for this so I wouldn't use that as a factor in determining if this is real or not.

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
I'm guessing it could easily be a minor injury but they aren't releasing the severity of it yet so you have to tune into Raw to find out. True though, we need to wait to find out more about the injury. Also, for someone that doesn't watch you've got a good handle on things it seems from your wrestling posts. Lol

Haha, well I am an athlete. And in my MMA training I have seen people suffer injuries from minor cuts to dislocated shoulders. And although I am more favorable towards MMA, I know that training Pro Wrestling is 10 times harder than training MMA and as a result there are more hazards involved.

Plus, I'm also well aware of how the wrestling business works from watching documentaries. And from an athletic standpoint, I don't like how WWE handles things. But I know how big of a media giant WWE and how much they value their top stars. So it's like when you work for them and get high up enough you're pretty much selling your soul to the devil, and I believe that reason is probably why The Rock went from wrestling to movies because they are very similar and he didn't want to risk his popularity.

One of the things I want to go to school for is Entertainment Marketing and as wrestling is a large part of pop culture today, I'd be a fool to ignore its importance in the entertainment world. Especially WWE with their ventures in film, music, and from what I've been told getting their own TV Channel. I look up to billionaire entrepreneurs like Donald Trump, Richard Branson, and Mark Cuban and I have to say that Vince McMahon is a downright entrepreneurial genius and definitely amongst those I mentioned.

TNA seems to be going in a more sport oriented fashion, hence their MMA style rankings and why they signed King Mo (I think Spike TV had something to do with that 'cause King Mo fights in Bellator). And that's why I believe they differentiated their product and decided not to compete with WWE. It's just a smart business decision. I also believe that Dixie Carter values the wellness of the talent more than WWE does and that's why wrestlers who are more concerned with their health jump ship to TNA. (although TNA throwing the Dudleyz in the Electrified Cage made me wonder)

Bottom line is (in my oppinion) those wrestlers who want to make money go to WWE. Those wrestlers who value their health and craft more go to TNA, because when I did watch wrestling I was blown away with the athletic performance of the TNA superstars.

Last edited by a moderator: