WWE Brand Split News, Rumors, and Other Tidbits Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Fun fact: The WWE world title is being referred to as simply the 'WWE Championship' again.

So, yeah... SmackDown is definitely getting its own world title again following the draft. I wouldn't mind seeing the Big Gold Belt being revived again.

I just finished watching last night's episode of Raw (DVR...for the win!) and I noticed that they were pushing hard on saying "WWE Championship" every time the belt was mentioned. The first couple of times, I figured it was just so they could shorten things up by not saying "world heavyweight", but it became such a sticking point on commentary (Seth was really driving it home) that it made me figure it was to start getting fans used to the idea of the title as it currently exists will simply become the "WWE Championship" again and we'll be getting the "World Heavyweight Championship" back.

wk

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Apparently Raw will have the first pick... Raw will get 3 picks for each of Smackdown's 2 for obvious reasons... Lesnar is draft eligible, Taker is not... Tag teams are one pick unless the GM specifically says otherwise... Six picks will be made for NXT talent... Backlund, Maryse, Lana are not draft eligible... Injured performers not eligible... Eva Marie is a main roster talent what

Draft rules revealed: Everything you need to know about the WWE Draft

Place. Your. Bets.

Last edited:

WarMachine1

Bringing the Internet Pain
Reaction score
FA2CI9v.gif