• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WWE: Best Match of 2016?

• Roman Reigns vs Dean Ambrose vs Brock Lesnar (Fast Lane)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HHH vs Dean Ambrose (Roadblock)

• Dean Ambrose vs Kevin Owens (Royal Rumble)

• Total voters

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
In your opinion, what is the best match in a WWE ring this year, so far?
Vote in the poll and post your thoughts.

Sami Zayn vs Shinsuke Nakamura gets my vote. This was the best match in wrestling for years that I've seen. An absolute masterpiece. :nakamura:

Reactions: SWAGSUKE

Messiah1

The Showoff
Banned
Reaction score
AJ Styles vs. John Cena.. It's the only match i remember and it was pretty good.. Once a match is over i tend to forget about it pretty quickly

Found it funny that the divas match is listed here.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
AJ Styles vs. John Cena.. It's the only match i remember and it was pretty good.. Once a match is over i tend to forget about it pretty quickly

Found it funny that the divas match is listed here.

That was one of the best matches at Mania did you not watch it? Becky took an arse whooping and Charlotte actually looked like a wrestler in the ring.

Drag

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
What else but Zayn/Naka could win this?

Will say, it is a shame about Jericho/Styles at Mania. Felt that could have been another solid contender but the finish and how draggingly slow it later got really make it tough for a re-watch.

Messiah1

The Showoff
Banned
Reaction score
That was one of the best matches at Mania did you not watch it? Becky took an arse whooping and Charlotte actually looked like a wrestler in the ring.

I actually don't think i watched it.. I needed 1 match for a piss break, it was a 4 hour show... Knowing the divas reputation, it's just surprising they're on the poll.

• Haha
Reactions: Solid Snake

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Unfair to pit main roster matches against NXT, NXT will win 9 times out of 10. Although, Roman's series with Styles was great. Not to mention the fatal four ways for the IC title.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Thought this was a list of matches that people added to :sad:

Zayn/Nakamura, Womens 3-way and Reigns vs. Styles are the only serious contenders at this point.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Just throwing some love towards American Alpha vs The Revival in here... you may now continue professing your love for Zayn/Nakamura and whatever else happened this year

Reactions: Prince Bálor

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Don't get time to watch NXT anymore so went with IC fatal 4 way, loved that match.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
:zayn: vs :nakamura:, obviously.

Although, gotta give a shout-out to that Fatal 4-Way for the IC title, Charlotte/Becky/Sasha at WM 32, Styles vs Reigns who had pretty good matches, Bálor vs Joe at TO: Dallas and as Snowman's already said, The Revival vs American Alpha.

Indy

Banned
Reaction score
Every match on this list has been pretty great and above the **** mark imo. WWE has had a lot of great wrestling so far, but I'm sure that nothing this year will go against what Zayn vs. Nakamura did. I don't think it's ''5 stars'' or the greatest match of this decade or anything like that, but it was such a special moment and such a special match that was fitting for the magnitude and the star that Nakamura as a character is.

Not Awesomenrh

The Artiste
Reaction score
Went with Reigns/Styles, my top 3 this year for WWE are probably that, the fatal 4-way and Cena/Styles.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Just throwing some love towards American Alpha vs The Revival in here... you may now continue professing your love for Zayn/Nakamura and whatever else happened this year

American Alpha vs the Revival is my pick for WWE/NXT match of the year easily. It really was the best I've seen in the WWE this year.

Reactions: Snowman1