WWE apparently makes first Swedish signing

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Gonna have to try and find a more legit source on this but WWE has apparently signed former gladiator (read American gladiators style show), arm wrestling champion and pro bodybuilder Sarah Bäckman (pronounce the first part of her surname "Beck") to a developmental deal. I'm trying to find some more wrestling related sources on this but the Swedish Fitness site she used to blog for has congratulated her on her developmental deal.

Först Gladiator och nu WWE Diva… Hahahahah! Sarah Bäckman kan nu avslöja att hon skrivit på ett sk ”Development Contract” med WWE som kommer innebära att hon nu blir en sk WWE Diva!

Translation: First a Gladiator and now a WWE diva... Hahahahah! Sarah Bäckman can now reveal that she has signed a so called "Development Contract with the WWE which will entail her becoming a so called WWE Diva!
Full post

For those wondering how she looks here's a pic:
ecf84c20f0ca6b755fca883f9926ea02.jpg

Seen her on TV and she is without a doubt athletic and also a fair bit charismatic. Hopefully she can develop some ring skills in Florida. Another strike for Triple H in signing athletic divas instead of models. Also first Swedish WWE signing if all is legit which makes me a bit proud. :obama:

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Looks good, hopefully she can develop some good in ring and mic skills. Seems to be a lot of signings in the Diva division recently, I guess they're going to try after all.

BaraaKhalaf92

Champion
Reaction score
Man she looks good :gusta:
Great to know that they actually do care about the Divas division!

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
Diva instead of models?

Damn:phew:

Making Sweden look good. :eek:tunga:

Stopspot

Reaction score
Testify said:
Stopspot I hope you're next WWE signing from the great country of Sweden!

Gotta get in ring shape and get some training. Then I'll kick the door in whilst riding in on a longboat with a horned helmet on.

Reactions: seabs

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
With the way her hair is it looks like she has a freakishly large left bicep, anyone got any vids of her performing?

Stopspot

Reaction score
seabs said:
With the way her hair is it looks like she has a freakishly large left bicep, anyone got any vids of her performing?

She hasn't wrestled before from what I understand but here is a vid of her working out. She has really big arms for a lady.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Stopspot said:
She hasn't wrestled before from what I understand but here is a vid of her working out. She has really big arms for a lady.

Wasn't she on some gladiator show though, did she speak on it (can't understand the words but the tempo would give an idea of her natural ability at least) or perform any athletic feats?

Stopspot

Reaction score
seabs said:
Wasn't she on some gladiator show though, did she speak on it (can't understand the words but the tempo would give an idea of her natural ability at least) or perform any athletic feats?
I'm trying to find something from it.

Stopspot

Reaction score
@seabs here is a clip of her from the Swedish version of Gladiators. She doesn't speak in it but it shows her playing her part and interacting with the crowd and such.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Stopspot said:
@seabs here is a clip of her from the Swedish version of Gladiators. She doesn't speak in it but it shows her playing her part and interacting with the crowd and such.

I can't play it :downer:

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Athletic Divas are always a good thing, instead of models. Looking forward to seeing her on WWE. But every time a Diva gets hired I get a bad taste in my mouth, because it doesn't really matter how talented she is, she'll just be thrown into that... uh... let's call it "division".

Reactions: GrammarNazi82