• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WWE announces Survivor Series set for Chicago

Dale

Super Moderator
No Tribal Chief in the graphic
I mean he doesn't really fit in for this event anyway and clearly they don't need any extra help moving tickets. There's no other PLE after this one until the Rumble again so they can probably work a title match in on SmackDown like they did last year with Riddle.

John McHenry

John McHenry
there are no ppv bonuses or buys to share as far as I am concerned. Unless he has a great agent, Roman's salary is his salary, pretty sure that's how WWE has worked for a while now

As I understand it they have a base salary. Which guarantees amount of dates, what they're paid if they're injured things of that nature. It's possible this is just legends deals, or the old way.

The dates portion may require x number of PPVs for main eventers to show up at? So if your contract says 10 but you do 12 you may get a bonus or incentivized in some way.

I mean if I'm WWE and I've got Roman under contract and it's a blanket contract for whatever I want to put him on I'd use him a bit more than I am now. I get keeping him off air is safer for him draws out the title reign. But does Roman actually move the needle so much you need that?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
I think I have heard they give bonuses kind of arbitrarily for big shows, since they don't have PPV buys involved anymore really. But I don't think it's anything really contractually obligated

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
I love that WWE has successfully convinced their fans its totally legit to not have your biggest draw and world champion on a big 4 ppv :WOW