• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
WWE Main Event, which debuts on October 3rd on the ION channel is to feature WWE Superstars and Divas with a focus on the main angles within the company. The show is scheduled to be filmed prior to SmackDown on Tuesday's.

JMobile

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Is this the "Lucha Libre" show WWE has been talking about?

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
According to Brian Alvarez of F4WOnline.com, the new WWE Main Event show will basically be Superstars but with a different name. With NXT no longer being taped before Smackdown, it's assumed that matches will be taped for Main Event on Tuesday nights.

Meh now that it's basically superstars, my interest after the show starts will decrease.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Just sounds like a lazy way for the WWE to further storylines. Instead of looking at the problems they have with Raw and Smackdown, they think up this great idea to create a second Superstars but for main event talent.

Brilliant.

It is an easy way for them to make more money, the cost themselves tens of millions of dollars by not getting NXT or Superstars back on television so this is their chance to make up for that. In the end WWE is there to make money so even though this spreads the roster even thinner and means the writers will be under more pressure they will still do it.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Sescoops.com

WWE recently announced that a new weekly television show will debut on the ION network this October, WWE Main Event. There has been a lot of concern in WWE over the WWE product getting over exposed, especially with RAW expanding to 3-hours on a weekly basis starting next month.

Two new hours of WWE programming each week carries risk, however WWE is poised to make millions of dollars per year in TV rights fees from the new shows.Because the extra hour of RAW and the new WWE Main Event show will be filmed during nights when WWE already is running television tapings, the cost to produce RAW’s third hour and WWE Main Event is minimal.

Even though Ion is ranked as the 8th most popular broadcast network in the United States, millions of fans who do not have cable television will now have access to Main Event. Between that additional exposure and the TV rights fees, WWE is confident the new show will be successful.

Just thought I would add this. Like I said, it is a positive for cable less people and mostly because I watch ion anyhow

Aniking

Reaction score
So it's just about profits? They're gonna stretch their roster that already lacks top depth, placing more of a burden on the shoulders of their already hard worked main event talent just so the company can make more money? They don't look at improving their product on TV, but instead look towards stretching it further.

This is all well and good for people who don't have cable in America as they'll be able to see a couple of matches by main event guys, but that's the only positive. If anything there's more negatives and it just sounds silly when Raw just added a third hour and Smackdown is already a mess because of the Supershow.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The goal of business is to make profit. All they will do is hire back some former stars and some extra writers to cover the gaps. I agree that they are spreading the roster very thin with 6 hours of tv each week plus NXT but in the end they are there to make money so hopefully they can figure out a good balance. Plus I really can't see RAW staying for three hours for too long, it will be for the summer and that will probably be it unless they suddenly become mainstream again.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The goal of business is to make profit. All they will do is hire back some former stars and some extra writers to cover the gaps. I agree that they are spreading the roster very thin with 6 hours of tv each week plus NXT but in the end they are there to make money so hopefully they can figure out a good balance. Plus I really can't see RAW staying for three hours for too long, it will be for the summer and that will probably be it unless they suddenly become mainstream again.

Yes but you are assuming this will make money, it might just be a flop. If it is basically the same as Superstars I don't see the point. Thev sad thing is I think there is room in the market for another smaller WWE show which does something different to raw and smackdown. Maybe NXT was that show, but people seem to have got fed up of that pretty quick.

Still can't believe they are expanding raw to three hours, watch those ratings drop now.