WWE already running out of ideas for Brodus Clay?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
So by now Brodus has squashed pretty much every jobber in wwe. He didn't appear on raw and his angle on smackdown in which he defeated Heath slater then was attacked by drew McIntyre was edited off smackdown. This leads me to believe that wwe is already running out of ideas for him.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Re: Is wwe already running out of ideas for Brodus Clay

So by now Brodus has squashed pretty much every jobber in wwe. He didn't appear on raw and his angle on smackdown in which he defeated Heath slater then was attacked by drew McIntyre was edited off smackdown. This leads me to believe that wwe is already running out of ideas for him.

Because of one week without him? If they go a month without him I'd lean towards this, but right now we'll need to wait and see. Raw was a little heavy this week, so perhaps they didn't have time for him. I heard a funny idea today where he'd be gone for a month and then come back with another totally different gimmick. I chuckled and then realized that would probably not work. :lol:

CrimsonTide

Reaction score

I dunno... He seems like a 1 trick pony. Like a Big Daddy V type character.

Castiel

Reaction score

Because of one week without him? If they go a month without him I'd lean towards this, but right now we'll need to wait and see. Raw was a little heavy this week, so perhaps they didn't have time for him. I heard a funny idea today where he'd be gone for a month and then come back with another totally different gimmick. I chuckled and then realized that would probably not work. :lol:

That would be hilarious, but better suited for Jericho before he began talking. Lol

No, it's been one week... there's no reason to jump to that conclusion just wait and see what happens. He'll likely be back next week.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

And guess what guys. Wwe had reportedly decided to put the funkasaurus character on hold the time being. Word is that Vince McMahon thinks that brodus's wrestling skills aren't that good yet

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

And guess what guys. Wwe had reportedly decided to put the funkasaurus character on hold the time being. Word is that Vince McMahon thinks that brodus's wrestling skills aren't that good yet
:golfclap3:

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Notice it didn't say he had a problem with the CHARACTER though, just the in-ring work. I'm sure Funkasaurus will be back in no time.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Meh, put him back on NXT with his old gimmick and we'd be back to business.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

What gimmick was that? The monster heel one that can already be filled by Henry and potentially Show if he turns for the 96th time? Or Kane on Raw? The Funkasaurus gimmick was the best part about Clay, if he'd been another monster heel he would totally have been lost in the shuffle.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

I'm starting to agree with you. I love the funkasaurus but I'm not sure the character would fit into any feud. He can't have a major feud molesting his opponent

Sabretooth

Reaction score
What gimmick was that? The monster heel one that can already be filled by Henry and potentially Show if he turns for the 96th time? Or Kane on Raw? The Funkasaurus gimmick was the best part about Clay, if he'd been another monster heel he would totally have been lost in the shuffle.

Pretty much read post 10

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Pretty much read post 10

Pretty much remember that I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to Brandon. And by the way, I don't see what Post 10 has to do with my statement.

Thanks for coming out though.

Oh and thanks for double posting again, is it really that hard to edit your old posts?

Reactions: 1 person

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

Henry's time is coming to end sooner rather than later and I'm pretty sure so is Kane's. Brodus would be the new monster for tomorrow. And TBH what's he doing now? All he does is two minute squashes as it is, I don't think he could slide any worse without the gimmick.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Henry's time is coming to end sooner rather than later and I'm pretty sure so is Kane's. Brodus would be the new monster for tomorrow. And TBH what's he doing now? All he does is two minute squashes as it is, I don't think he could slide any worse without the gimmick.

Given the fact that its possible Kane/Henry are nearing retirement (and Show too for that matter) I see your point. However, they wanted him on the show now, not in the future, so the gimmick is what allowed that to happen. One thing I really don't understand is how they thought he was going to be better in-ring. I mean don't they watch footage of these guys?

One thing you can't deny, Clay did take the gimmick and run with it, which at the very least shows his loyalty to the company. That has to count for something.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Given the fact that its possible Kane/Henry are nearing retirement (and Show too for that matter) I see your point. However, they wanted him on the show now, not in the future, so the gimmick is what allowed that to happen. One thing I really don't understand is how they thought he was going to be better in-ring. I mean don't they watch footage of these guys?

One thing you can't deny, Clay did take the gimmick and run with it, which at the very least shows his loyalty to the company. That has to count for something.

I hold nothing against Clay for the gimmick so I do admire him for running with it. I just wasn't entertained by so I'm going to secretly hope to myself that when returns, it's with a gimmick change... ;)