WWE 2K18 My Career / Road To Glory Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SupaHeeroh

The man with the rear that makes the girls cheer!
Reaction score
I'm gunna guess quite a few people are playing My Career / Road To Glory so I thought I would make a general discussion thread to discuss anything to do with the mode including things that are happening in your career, how RTG is going and anything else along those lines.

So far I've finished the main My Career story. It seems after Wrestlemania there isn't any more storyline and it's just little things here and there which is a little disappointing but expected. It doesn't even take too long either to finish the main story which is a shame because it is fun.

Theres a side mission one of the following weeks after Wrestlemania where Matt Bloom will be backstage saying he has a rookie from NXT coming up and he wants you to mentor him for a few matches, currently as of typing this side mission is bugged. You'll start a match where its a random opponent (mine was John Cena) vs ??? with you as manager. If you have entrances on, it'll do your opponents then the game will freeze and you can't continue. If you have entrances off, it'll start with your opponent and a frozen Jojo standing in the ring. She can't move and your opponent will walk straight past her, jump out the ring and start attacking you. If you attack back the game will literally close itself. If you get yourself sent to the back by the ref, your opponent wont know what to do and will just climb in and out of the ring forever. The only way to advance is to run to the top of the ramp and pray for a countout. You'll draw the match but the match will actually end and you'll fail the objective, but at least you don't need to do it again. It's currently the only way to advance.

I've done a few weeks after that but each week i'm in tag matches against random opponents with random partners and it's pretty boring now. I might switch brands back to Raw...

Online I've been keeping my own spreadsheet of results and it currently looks like this:
16dadac60de0889458c074f647eaaf2d.png

I think I've got a pretty good record online. My guys overall is 77 which is pretty good and having 5 reversals as a showboat is also pretty handy online. How's everyone else doing?

d71b594f6b5b27aa189e50f1bbd5a425.png

Chicken McDouble

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Started off nicely for me, got to around Summerslam where I won the Intercontinental Championship from Dean Ambrose, then me and a few friends played an online 6 man battle royal, which after the match deleted all my 2K18 data including MyPlayer. (It was an incredibly glitchy match, and caused the game to crash and delete my data.)

I started again with a new CAW, and I've just finished the feud with Neville/Cesaro/Zayn, probably will go to Smackdown as I stayed on RAW in my original save. Good thing is that this happened only a week after I got the game, and not late on into its existence.

Haven't got round to RTG at all, will probably do so in the future.

SupaHeeroh

Reaction score
Started off nicely for me, got to around Summerslam where I won the Intercontinental Championship from Dean Ambrose, then me and a few friends played an online 6 man battle royal, which after the match deleted all my 2K18 data including MyPlayer. (It was an incredibly glitchy match, and caused the game to crash and delete my data.)

I started again with a new CAW, and I've just finished the feud with Neville/Cesaro/Zayn, probably will go to Smackdown as I stayed on RAW in my original save. Good thing is that this happened only a week after I got the game, and not late on into its existence.

Haven't got round to RTG at all, will probably do so in the future.
Interesting. I moved to Smackdown right at the start after the jobber matches, won the US Championship. Ended up getting suspended and losing it, then eventually won the WWE Championship and feuded with Triple H and The Rock until the end at Wrestlemania. I missed out on 4 way feuds I guess.

Chicken McDouble

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Interesting. I moved to Smackdown right at the start after the jobber matches, won the US Championship. Ended up getting suspended and losing it, then eventually won the WWE Championship and feuded with Triple H and The Rock until the end at Wrestlemania. I missed out on 4 way feuds I guess.

Probably should've made it clearer that you get the choice to feud with either Cesaro, Neville or Zayn, not a 4 way, that's my mistake. (Though it would be cool if you could do a 4 way feud)

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
So from what I'm gathering for 2k18 is...

Fun game overall did some improvements, but they need a patch soon to fix glitches.

AfricanScatMahn

The Showoff
Reaction score
My career mode has been seriously glitchy. It keeps switching up the characters and objects in the storylines. The best example of this I was feuding for the US championship cause I was on smack down.. right after winning MITB but anyway. It was changed to the IC championship and the same guy was holding it. I didn't even get a title celebration scene because it was for the IC title but it was supposed to be the US title. So after I won it came up I was the us champion. One of many glitches.. but that was the best one. I honestly thought they were gonna just skip over my MITB win. Wouldn't have been surprised either

SupaHeeroh

Reaction score
My career mode has been seriously glitchy. It keeps switching up the characters and objects in the storylines. The best example of this I was feuding for the US championship cause I was on smack down.. right after winning MITB but anyway. It was changed to the IC championship and the same guy was holding it. I didn't even get a title celebration scene because it was for the IC title but it was supposed to be the US title. So after I won it came up I was the us champion. One of many glitches.. but that was the best one. I honestly thought they were gonna just skip over my MITB win. Wouldn't have been surprised either
Oh god yeah the name switching especially happens all the time. I was told to cut a promo on Mark Henry. I got to the ring and Enzo came out instead, then once I finished and returned backstage I was told "Good job, The Miz will be running scared now." I was just like wtf.

AfricanScatMahn

The Showoff
Reaction score
Oh god yeah the name switching especially happens all the time. I was told to cut a promo on Mark Henry. I got to the ring and Enzo came out instead, then once I finished and returned backstage I was told "Good job, The Miz will be running scared now." I was just like wtf.
Yeah I got that during a promo side quest for sin cara for 3 weeks. Also got the rival of my tag team partner accept my tag team proposal. That storyline didn't last long

SupaHeeroh

Reaction score
Updated online stats:
20766c44376ad60371f7cd795ccf2e19.png

794121ae3814ea1450a471e70341a90c.png

Even though my normal match record is good, 2 losses were aids where they got me counted out. The draw was my own fault. The guy ran to the top of the ramp at the start of the match. I waited at the bottom in case he ran back. I didn't keep an eye on what the refs count was up to and we got a double countout. I shouldn't have left the ring. Still 77 rated too. I need to play offline MyCareer to get some attributes, my money is building up now.

SupaHeeroh

Reaction score
So... I'm the current WWE Champion. I won the briefcase and I was asked to cash in. I accepted and now...
ddc1eaea8b044fa0daca8229f9d8b670.jpg

IMMA BOUT TO JOB OUT TO MYSELF FOR THE TAG CHAMPIONSHIP

• Haha
Reactions: Rosie

SupaHeeroh

Reaction score
So... I'm the current WWE Champion. I won the briefcase and I was asked to cash in. I accepted and now...
ddc1eaea8b044fa0daca8229f9d8b670.jpg

IMMA BOUT TO JOB OUT TO MYSELF FOR THE TAG CHAMPIONSHIP
To follow up; this is what happened...

I quickly realised I couldn't grapple so because of this there was no way to win the match so I had to get a count out. What a waste of a briefcase. Also another great example of this buggy game.