WWE 2019: No Wildcards

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tg11

Reaction score
A 6 Pack Challenge #1 Contenders Match to determine who faces Seth Rollins for the WWE Universal Championship at King of the Ring and those 6 men are: AJ Styles of The OC, my Tribal Chief Roman Reigns of The Bloodline, Daniel Bryan, Jeff Hardy, Rey Mysterio and The Prizefighter Kevin Owens...my picks for who wins are either AJ Styles because he will have Gallows, Anderson, Murphy and Big Cass to help him out...or Roman Reigns wins because of The Bloodline because The Usos either get involved or Naomi & Tamina do

Either way if Rollins goes up against Reigns or Styles, his title reign may as well be over

The pentagram...I bet this is an ominous sign from Aleister Black and if I'm right about that, it was Seth Rollins and The Church who took Black out of action...so it only makes sense he would target Rollins after being taken out

Even if Bianca Belair does get past Ember Moon and becomes next in line for that WWE Women's Championship...she would have to go up against The MMA Horsewomen which means going up against Rousey and honestly that's a match I wanna see

Reactions: Roy Mustang

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
SZ6TuKo.jpeg

2Xy1wtq.jpeg

EEuNphu.jpeg

v8s41Jf.jpeg

bJ0Zu1i.jpeg

X2D2FJ2.jpeg

I4W0eUi.jpeg

q5GFZX4.jpeg

TuAfS5H.jpeg

dQ3Jsqg.jpeg

jSWJ6hs.jpeg

xkXewJk.jpeg

kyOFwGs.jpeg

emkF8UF.jpeg

EqCBXY5.jpeg

q4XxsNq.jpeg

9m3efWz.jpeg

vT6Zqc0.jpeg

kD6YB1M.jpeg

rtK5zTX.jpeg

4k1fmti.jpeg

3ZUnwIo.jpeg

jNPz6tA.jpeg

7KXzHXp.jpeg

lnNKzMc.jpeg

KBTtRhS.jpeg

O0MuBNs.jpeg

9nkcUmH.jpeg

FW87WhZ.jpeg

JVTetuW.jpeg

9qK1Grf.jpeg

vWxfCJz.jpeg

Tg11

Reaction score
- That was a statement sent by The Hurt Business...Business Is Boomin as MVP would say because it clearly is with Swerve Strickland the #1 Contender for the WWE Championship leaving the champion Drew McIntyre laying...not just him but Nduka as well as they busted McIntyre open!!! That is probably the 1st time where McIntyre has looked oh so vulnerable

- But McIntyre beating his former tag team partner Dolph Ziggler and who will ever forget their history with one another not only as partners but their rivalry after that? WWE Champion beating WWE Cruiserweight Champion in a Champion vs Champion match...what a match

- British Strong Style vs Ungovernables as a feud is one I can go for...but then again Pete Dunne & Tyler Bate are in the next round of King of the Ring but then again so are Cesaro, Dragunov and Dijakovic I think right?

- Why is it that whenever we think Cesaro is going to turn babyface and leave The Ungovernables, he always takes two steps back and stays heel staying in The Ungovernables? Has anyone ever noticed that? Because The Ungovernables are doing nothing but holding Cesaro back

- Xavier Woods beating Hurt Business member Lio Rush to advance in the King of the Ring tournament...can Woods win this? I doubt it especially when he has to face Samoa Joe in the next round

- Joe winning his match and beating Rowe to advance in King of the Ring...Joe has to be a favorite to win it all

- Omos beating Big Show in a Giant vs Giant match...Big Show putting Omos over...that basically puts Omos on the map as far as being a future star in this business especially as a monster in this company

- Keith Lee the NXT North American Champion and NXT Champion...being a double champion at the same time simultaneously...how much longer can he be?

- Sami Zayn advancing in KOTR beating Church of Rollins member Karrion Kross of Smackdown to advance...that's a huge win hell may even be an upset

- Mustafa Ali becoming #1 Contender yet again for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship...I definitely didn't see that happening given that Ziggler has beaten Ali how many times already

- Ciampa now that he's here on the main roster I can easily see him going after the WWE Intercontinental Championship with that being his new "goldie"

- MMA Horsewomen have all the gold...but now that Ronda Rousey is WWE Women's Champion and Shayna Baszler is WWE Women's Universal Champion...they are also the WWE Women's Tag Team Champions now too so then why don't they just pawn their titles off on Shafir & Duke and give them the WWE Women's Tag Team Championships?

- Charlotte Flair is no doubt injured and put on the shelf...if that is the case and with Becky already gone because of her giving birth to hers & Rollins' daughter...who else is left to fight this war against the MMA Horsewomen? Kairi Sane is on the shelf as well injured...I mean you have Sasha, Bayley and Asuka who else?

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
- That was a statement sent by The Hurt Business...Business Is Boomin as MVP would say because it clearly is with Swerve Strickland the #1 Contender for the WWE Championship leaving the champion Drew McIntyre laying...not just him but Nduka as well as they busted McIntyre open!!! That is probably the 1st time where McIntyre has looked oh so vulnerable

- But McIntyre beating his former tag team partner Dolph Ziggler and who will ever forget their history with one another not only as partners but their rivalry after that? WWE Champion beating WWE Cruiserweight Champion in a Champion vs Champion match...what a match

- British Strong Style vs Ungovernables as a feud is one I can go for...but then again Pete Dunne & Tyler Bate are in the next round of King of the Ring but then again so are Cesaro, Dragunov and Dijakovic I think right?

- Why is it that whenever we think Cesaro is going to turn babyface and leave The Ungovernables, he always takes two steps back and stays heel staying in The Ungovernables? Has anyone ever noticed that? Because The Ungovernables are doing nothing but holding Cesaro back

- Xavier Woods beating Hurt Business member Lio Rush to advance in the King of the Ring tournament...can Woods win this? I doubt it especially when he has to face Samoa Joe in the next round

- Joe winning his match and beating Rowe to advance in King of the Ring...Joe has to be a favorite to win it all

- Omos beating Big Show in a Giant vs Giant match...Big Show putting Omos over...that basically puts Omos on the map as far as being a future star in this business especially as a monster in this company

- Keith Lee the NXT North American Champion and NXT Champion...being a double champion at the same time simultaneously...how much longer can he be?

- Sami Zayn advancing in KOTR beating Church of Rollins member Karrion Kross of Smackdown to advance...that's a huge win hell may even be an upset

- Mustafa Ali becoming #1 Contender yet again for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship...I definitely didn't see that happening given that Ziggler has beaten Ali how many times already

- Ciampa now that he's here on the main roster I can easily see him going after the WWE Intercontinental Championship with that being his new "goldie"

- MMA Horsewomen have all the gold...but now that Ronda Rousey is WWE Women's Champion and Shayna Baszler is WWE Women's Universal Champion...they are also the WWE Women's Tag Team Champions now too so then why don't they just pawn their titles off on Shafir & Duke and give them the WWE Women's Tag Team Championships?

- Charlotte Flair is no doubt injured and put on the shelf...if that is the case and with Becky already gone because of her giving birth to hers & Rollins' daughter...who else is left to fight this war against the MMA Horsewomen? Kairi Sane is on the shelf as well injured...I mean you have Sasha, Bayley and Asuka who else?

Just to clarify Dijakovic and Dragunov have their 1st round matches on Smackdown but the rest mentioned are in the 2nd round. Basically looking to build to Survivor Series which is 3 weeks after King of the Ring at the same time. Keith Lee also lost the North American title the takeover after winning it in a ladder match to Damien Priest but he is still NXT World Champion.

Tg11

Reaction score
Just to clarify Dijakovic and Dragunov have their 1st round matches on Smackdown but the rest mentioned are in the 2nd round. Basically looking to build to Survivor Series which is 3 weeks after King of the Ring at the same time. Keith Lee also lost the North American title the takeover after winning it in a ladder match to Damien Priest but he is still NXT World Champion.

Okay cool but if Keith Lee is still NXT Champion he has to defend his title at the Takeover the night before Survivor Series...so who is he going to face?

But then I wonder if for Survivor Series, it will be War Games based for like 2 of the main event matches for the Men's and Women's?

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Okay cool but if Keith Lee is still NXT Champion he has to defend his title at the Takeover the night before Survivor Series...so who is he going to face?

But then I wonder if for Survivor Series, it will be War Games based for like 2 of the main event matches for the Men's and Women's?

So unless EWR does some fuckery Keith Lee is defending his title against Santos Escobar at NXT Takeover War Games

Reactions: Stojy

Tg11

Reaction score
- Zack Gibson advancing in KOTR by beating Dominik Mysterio is a massive upset but this Gibson in NXT is really impressive but a battle of the Brits next round with Gibson taking on Pete Dunne...what a match that'll be

- Gran Metalik beating Santos Escobar is also another KOTR upset especially since Santos is #1 Contender for the NXT Championship against Keith Lee...and Metalik beats him...that puts him in the NXT Championship discussion

DTP

Reaction score
WWE No Mercy – October 4, 2020:

One day I will get back up to speed with this properly.

It’s truly interesting to see you take tag teams into different directions, as seen here by Rowe hanging out with Kevin Owens. Shawn Michaels makes for a decent authority figure as we have seen from NXT in the past year.

The O.C. is a loaded faction right now, isn’t it? I’m on board with Buddy Murphy being part of it – he just fits ideally as a faction guy, alongside Luke Gallows for that matter. Big Cass is a choice out of left field, and while Gallows is a part of a team, it’s interesting you have two big heaters in the same faction.

Apollo Crews is a dark horse candidate for King of the Ring, if you ask me. Good choice for the pre-show match, defeating Humberto Carrillo. Humberto is a square peg in a round hole as far as fitting in with the WWE roster, I’ve found.

There are a lot of factions in this, and that rings true and evident with the utilisation of this pre-show. Alpha Academy makes a world of sense to me, as everyone fits that mold pretty well.

I can imagine Rey Mysterio and Nathan Frazier would have been a special match between two high-flyers. Rey with the win was no surprise. Would not have minded seeing this go longer, though it’s hard with a pre-show.

Onto the main card, not a bad shout for the WWE Women’s Tag Team Championship match to kick things off. You have done a solid job of beefing up the lacking tag team division in the women’s ranks, though I am a little tired of the MMA Horsewomen and WWE Horsewomen at this point. Regardless, this was a fun write-up and having Charlotte Flair and Sasha Banks as the champions is a good call…but can they coexist?

I dig the contrast in couples with Daniel Bryan and Brie Bella opposite John Morrison and Franky Monet. Being uninformed, I am amused by the inclusion of Erick Rowan as Morrison’s second, though. Not a bad match, kept short here.

I do not know how I would have found a Braun Strowman and Karrion Kross match, but it is a spectacle with the Last Man Standing stip, and as a result could have been quite fascinating to watch. I think the ten count formatting took me out of the writing. It built drama for sure, but I do think in future there could be a better way of notifying the reader of a competitor beating the count of nine. Kross winning made more logical sense, as Strowman is an established name and was guarded well in defeat. Big drama in the closing moments, for sure.

Kevin Owens and Rowe makes for such a strange combination. At least if it were Hanson I could see KO and him with the stereo Cannonball sentons in the corner. With the Bloodline doing an injury angle with Hanson it makes sense why though. The Usos getting the win was a surprise, and I have reason to believe we may be in for a WarGames match or multi-man tag team match in the not too distant future perhaps, once Hanson returns.

Chad Gable and AJ Styles would have been an awesome match, I really enjoyed the write-up of this. I think it could have gone a little longer again, as some of these pay-per-view matches have gotten their wings clipped tonight. AJ with the win made sense, and while I’m not keen on the finish, it makes sense with Big Cass occupying the role of Omos in aiding AJ to victory. Still a bit of a disappointing finish for these two, though maybe that is the point with the cowardly O.C. characters.

I could imagine Bianca Belair and Ember Moon having a fun collision, and the right person won here. Bianca should rightfully be en route to the upper echelon of the women’s division, after all.

Finn Bálor defeating Matt Riddle was a surprise, but gets over the O.C. as a strong unit. It’s a shame this turned into more of an angle than a match, as these two are absolutely capable of a real banger if given time. Still, this got more time than I was expecting, even if it went 6:00. The WWE United States Championship remaining in the O.C. was the way to go, out to control titles.

I was very surprised we never got Ronda Rousey and Bayley in real life, though then again they were never truly around one another at the right time to set things in motion. Rousey winning the WWE Women’s Championship admittedly came as a surprise to me.

We have seen what can be afforded by Edge and Seth Rollins in big match situations, and it was interesting to see you put this in a Hell in a Cell scenario. Seth winning the WWE Universal Championship only adds fuel to the fire of the Church’s run over the WWE. I liked the use of the finish, and the Curb Stomp onto the chair made for a very fun callback from that famed angle in 2015. I suspect by the aftermath we may be in for a Bray Wyatt return?

Overall, this was a solid show. I felt with nine matches, you could have done away with one or two, though, down to pacing and overall priority of matches on the card – chiefly the WWE United States Championship and Usos/KO and Rowe tag team matches. There is a lot going on with a very fleshed out roster, which can be alarming sometimes as certain guys can tend to get lost in the shuffle. That aside, I’ll be interested in seeing how you pull off the 2020 King of the Ring.

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
WWE No Mercy – October 4, 2020:

One day I will get back up to speed with this properly.

It’s truly interesting to see you take tag teams into different directions, as seen here by Rowe hanging out with Kevin Owens. Shawn Michaels makes for a decent authority figure as we have seen from NXT in the past year.

The O.C. is a loaded faction right now, isn’t it? I’m on board with Buddy Murphy being part of it – he just fits ideally as a faction guy, alongside Luke Gallows for that matter. Big Cass is a choice out of left field, and while Gallows is a part of a team, it’s interesting you have two big heaters in the same faction.

Apollo Crews is a dark horse candidate for King of the Ring, if you ask me. Good choice for the pre-show match, defeating Humberto Carrillo. Humberto is a square peg in a round hole as far as fitting in with the WWE roster, I’ve found.

There are a lot of factions in this, and that rings true and evident with the utilisation of this pre-show. Alpha Academy makes a world of sense to me, as everyone fits that mold pretty well.

I can imagine Rey Mysterio and Nathan Frazier would have been a special match between two high-flyers. Rey with the win was no surprise. Would not have minded seeing this go longer, though it’s hard with a pre-show.

Onto the main card, not a bad shout for the WWE Women’s Tag Team Championship match to kick things off. You have done a solid job of beefing up the lacking tag team division in the women’s ranks, though I am a little tired of the MMA Horsewomen and WWE Horsewomen at this point. Regardless, this was a fun write-up and having Charlotte Flair and Sasha Banks as the champions is a good call…but can they coexist?

I dig the contrast in couples with Daniel Bryan and Brie Bella opposite John Morrison and Franky Monet. Being uninformed, I am amused by the inclusion of Erick Rowan as Morrison’s second, though. Not a bad match, kept short here.

I do not know how I would have found a Braun Strowman and Karrion Kross match, but it is a spectacle with the Last Man Standing stip, and as a result could have been quite fascinating to watch. I think the ten count formatting took me out of the writing. It built drama for sure, but I do think in future there could be a better way of notifying the reader of a competitor beating the count of nine. Kross winning made more logical sense, as Strowman is an established name and was guarded well in defeat. Big drama in the closing moments, for sure.

Kevin Owens and Rowe makes for such a strange combination. At least if it were Hanson I could see KO and him with the stereo Cannonball sentons in the corner. With the Bloodline doing an injury angle with Hanson it makes sense why though. The Usos getting the win was a surprise, and I have reason to believe we may be in for a WarGames match or multi-man tag team match in the not too distant future perhaps, once Hanson returns.

Chad Gable and AJ Styles would have been an awesome match, I really enjoyed the write-up of this. I think it could have gone a little longer again, as some of these pay-per-view matches have gotten their wings clipped tonight. AJ with the win made sense, and while I’m not keen on the finish, it makes sense with Big Cass occupying the role of Omos in aiding AJ to victory. Still a bit of a disappointing finish for these two, though maybe that is the point with the cowardly O.C. characters.

I could imagine Bianca Belair and Ember Moon having a fun collision, and the right person won here. Bianca should rightfully be en route to the upper echelon of the women’s division, after all.

Finn Bálor defeating Matt Riddle was a surprise, but gets over the O.C. as a strong unit. It’s a shame this turned into more of an angle than a match, as these two are absolutely capable of a real banger if given time. Still, this got more time than I was expecting, even if it went 6:00. The WWE United States Championship remaining in the O.C. was the way to go, out to control titles.

I was very surprised we never got Ronda Rousey and Bayley in real life, though then again they were never truly around one another at the right time to set things in motion. Rousey winning the WWE Women’s Championship admittedly came as a surprise to me.

We have seen what can be afforded by Edge and Seth Rollins in big match situations, and it was interesting to see you put this in a Hell in a Cell scenario. Seth winning the WWE Universal Championship only adds fuel to the fire of the Church’s run over the WWE. I liked the use of the finish, and the Curb Stomp onto the chair made for a very fun callback from that famed angle in 2015. I suspect by the aftermath we may be in for a Bray Wyatt return?

Overall, this was a solid show. I felt with nine matches, you could have done away with one or two, though, down to pacing and overall priority of matches on the card – chiefly the WWE United States Championship and Usos/KO and Rowe tag team matches. There is a lot going on with a very fleshed out roster, which can be alarming sometimes as certain guys can tend to get lost in the shuffle. That aside, I’ll be interested in seeing how you pull off the 2020 King of the Ring.
Cheers for the feedback dude. Honestly in hindsight I should have dropped the bloodline vs KO/War Raiders match from the card once EWR sent Hanson to rehab writing him out for the time being. Also US title match was going to a longer match but once I realized where the card was going length wise I wanted one sprint to mix things up a little bit.

Tg11

Reaction score
- Becky Lynch is pregnant like she shouldn't even be on TV right now...she's all but set to give birth to her & Rollins' daughter Roux but her visiting Bayley I guess makes sense because of their long standing friendship

- Rey Mysterio becomes #1 Contender for the WWE Universal Championship by beating 5 other guys AJ Styles, Jeff Hardy, Daniel Bryan, Kevin Owens and Roman Reigns...I guess I can see why you would have Rey go over because of his long standing rivalry with Rollins even though I would have gone with a fresher opponent like Jeff or Bryan myself or even Reigns

- Shawn Michaels trying to prevent The Bloodline from interfering makes sense...but Shawn only did that because he knows what we all know...if The Bloodline were there, Roman would have won the match let's be honest. Shawn is terrified of Roman being in contention for that title or even being champion.

- Asuka beats MMA Horsewomen member Marina Shafir but at what cost? She literally gets destroyed by WWE Women's Champion Ronda Rousey and one half of the WWE Women's Tag Team Champions, WWE Women's Universal Champion Shayna Baszler the other half of the WWE Women's Tag Team Champions, Marina Shafir, Jessamyn Duke & Natalya...Sasha Banks tries to make the save for Asuka but she too gets destroyed...they can't fight the MMA Horsewomen on their own...Charlotte Flair is out of action injured so is Bayley and Becky is still pregnant so...who does that really leave?

- Big E with that tease of cashing in on Rollins because he still could because Big E as Mr Money in the Bank can cash in his briefcase on either Champion...that's the advantage of being Mr Money in the Bank...you can show up on both shows on RAW and on Smackdown every week...plus Big E has history with The Church specifically Karrion Kross who he has had a rivalry with and especially over that briefcase

- Big E moving on in the King of the Ring beating John Morrison to advance...Big E has to be a tournament dark horse to win it all and he's already Mr Money in the Bank...Big E is pretty much set up to break out as a main event star...plus Big E has a new finisher The Stretch Muffler submission...I love it...can get people to tap out

- Big E vs Ciampa in the next round of KOTR...what a match that'll be

- A Triple Threat Match to determine who faces WWE Women's Champion Ronda Rousey I'm guessing at King of the Ring or will the match happen at Survivor Series instead? Bianca Belair vs Tay Conti vs Naomi...well Naomi has The Bloodline in her back pocket to interfere in this match to make sure she wins or Belair her undefeated streak is on the line in this match pretty much so she would almost have to go over here but then Tay Conti just returned from injury so something has to give here

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
- Becky Lynch is pregnant like she shouldn't even be on TV right now...she's all but set to give birth to her & Rollins' daughter Roux but her visiting Bayley I guess makes sense because of their long standing friendship

- Rey Mysterio becomes #1 Contender for the WWE Universal Championship by beating 5 other guys AJ Styles, Jeff Hardy, Daniel Bryan, Kevin Owens and Roman Reigns...I guess I can see why you would have Rey go over because of his long standing rivalry with Rollins even though I would have gone with a fresher opponent like Jeff or Bryan myself or even Reigns

- Shawn Michaels trying to prevent The Bloodline from interfering makes sense...but Shawn only did that because he knows what we all know...if The Bloodline were there, Roman would have won the match let's be honest. Shawn is terrified of Roman being in contention for that title or even being champion.

- Asuka beats MMA Horsewomen member Marina Shafir but at what cost? She literally gets destroyed by WWE Women's Champion Ronda Rousey and one half of the WWE Women's Tag Team Champions, WWE Women's Universal Champion Shayna Baszler the other half of the WWE Women's Tag Team Champions, Marina Shafir, Jessamyn Duke & Natalya...Sasha Banks tries to make the save for Asuka but she too gets destroyed...they can't fight the MMA Horsewomen on their own...Charlotte Flair is out of action injured so is Bayley and Becky is still pregnant so...who does that really leave?

- Big E with that tease of cashing in on Rollins because he still could because Big E as Mr Money in the Bank can cash in his briefcase on either Champion...that's the advantage of being Mr Money in the Bank...you can show up on both shows on RAW and on Smackdown every week...plus Big E has history with The Church specifically Karrion Kross who he has had a rivalry with and especially over that briefcase

- Big E moving on in the King of the Ring beating John Morrison to advance...Big E has to be a tournament dark horse to win it all and he's already Mr Money in the Bank...Big E is pretty much set up to break out as a main event star...plus Big E has a new finisher The Stretch Muffler submission...I love it...can get people to tap out

- Big E vs Ciampa in the next round of KOTR...what a match that'll be

- A Triple Threat Match to determine who faces WWE Women's Champion Ronda Rousey I'm guessing at King of the Ring or will the match happen at Survivor Series instead? Bianca Belair vs Tay Conti vs Naomi...well Naomi has The Bloodline in her back pocket to interfere in this match to make sure she wins or Belair her undefeated streak is on the line in this match pretty much so she would almost have to go over here but then Tay Conti just returned from injury so something has to give here

One thing on the Becky stuff, I made sure to check how far along she was at this point and yeah she is fairly pregnant at this point but I still think she would be able to make appearances on TV if they want her to in a non-covid world. I can assure you she will not be wrestling till at least Summerslam 2021 in this thread.