WWE 2009 - The WWE Championship Scene

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stojy

Reaction score
WWE 2009 – The WWE Championship Scene
As opposed to writing a full BTB with weekly shows or focusing on one particular wrestler in a ‘diary’ format, I’ve kind of gone for a hybrid of both. I’ll be fleshing out the journey of three wrestlers as they push hard for the WWE Title. Those three wrestlers are:

the current WWE Champion Randy Orton
former WWE Champion John Cena
former former WWE Champion CM Punk.

We will be kicking off from The GAB 2009 where the following matches will be featured in this BTB. One because it’s got all our competitors involved and the second one because it helps flesh out the story.

WWE Great American Bash 2009
July 19th, 2009
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Six Man Tag Team Match:

Batista, CM Punk and John Cena vs. Chris Jericho, Randy Orton and Vladimir Kozlov

World Tag Team Championship:
Texas Bullrope Match:

Priceless (Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase Jr.) vs. Dustin Rhodes and Dusty Rhodes​

I won’t go into this blindly so here’s a little bit of a backstory of how these matches came to be, and more importantly, what Orton, Cena and Punk have been up to.

Randy Orton
After losing the WWE Title to CM Punk on 30th June 2008 (he didn’t lose it earlier in this universe), Orton regrouped and quietly progressed throughout the remainder of ’08 and ’09. After failing to recapture the gold, Orton would then have a failed attempt at winning the Royal Rumble, a Rumble in fact that John Cena would win (more on that later). Little did anybody know that Orton was taking these failures in his stride and was devising a plan that relied on strength in numbers.

The same way he came up with Evolution, Orton created Legacy, recruiting fellow generational stars in Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase Jr. Together the trio started going through most of the Raw roster, until Orton was given a WWE Title match against John Cena at Night of Champions. Cena managed to get Rhodes and DiBiase banned from ringside, but that night a new member of Legacy would arrive, Mr. Kennedy. Kennedy would hit Cena with a steel chair with the referee down, allowing Orton to pick up the win and the WWE Title.

Since winning the title, Orton and his posse have actively tried to recruit Triple H to their side, and whilst the devious Triple H hasn’t turned them down, he hasn’t said yes either. Legacy also has loose affiliations with heels such as Jericho and Kozlov, who Orton tries to fool and control into doing what he needs them to do. It’s also worth noting that Legacy holds all the gold, with Priceless being the tag champs, and Kennedy just recently won the WWE Intercontinental Title.

John Cena
After returning from injury and winning the Royal Rumble in 2008, everybody expected John Cena to regain his WWE Championship. But he didn’t. Not for an ENTIRE year anyway. It took Cena winning the Rumble again in 2009 to finally earn a WWE Championship opportunity against CM Punk at WrestleMania. Cena came out on top, however his reign only lasted a few months, when Orton stole the title from him at Night Of Champions. Cena is now on the hunt on revenge and regaining his WWE Championship which he has yet to have a rematch for. Perhaps a victory over Orton at GAB will get him the rematch he wants.

CM Punk
CM Punk cashed in his Money In The Bank briefcase on an episode of Raw on 30th, June 2008 to win the WWE Title. Punk would go on to have a successful reign, ending with an impressive showing in a defeat to John Cena at WrestleMania 25. Since then, Punk has been trying to get back into the title scene, but the devious plans of Randy Orton have prevented that to happen. To try and get at Orton, Punk even recently tried to take the WWE Intercontinental Championship from Mr. Kennedy but was screwed. Much like Cena, perhaps a win at GAB is all Punk needs to get back in WWE Championship contention.

Final Note:
Guess you can bet how the tag title match came about with Priceless being douches, and Cody wanting to destroy his ‘embarrassing’ family.​

Never tried something like this before so we will see how we go. Segments will be written in full but will only be focusing on segments involving the guys who are supposed to be featured here, or something that relates to them.

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
You don’t know how excited I got when I saw that thread title lol. I’m intrigued, very intrigued, wish you nothing but luck Stojy!

Reactions: Stojy

Stojy

Reaction score
You don’t know how excited I got when I saw that thread title lol. I’m intrigued, very intrigued, wish you nothing but luck Stojy!
Hopefully you'll feel the same way once I actually write something :)

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Very cool concept, I'll be on the look out.

BattleTank

What A Maneuver!
Reaction score
This is cool as hell! Always wondered what a journey just highlighting a few key guys would look like, so I’m excited for this, Stoj. Best of luck writing!

Stojy

Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments so far. Here's The GAB.

WWE GREAT AMERICAN BASH
July 19th, 2009
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

After the video package, the show opens up with the usual epic pyrotechnic display that can be expected from a WWE pay per view. We pan around the arena, seeing plenty of the excited fans trying their best to make some noise and get some attention. No further messing about, as one of our featured matches just happens to be opening the show tonight.

Match One
World Tag Team Championship;
Texas Bull rope Match:

Priceless (c) vs. Dustin Rhodes and Dusty Rhodes

Whilst I know my backstory for this one left a bit to be desired, big brother teaming with father vs. younger brother and his equally shitty attitude carrying friend is all you need to know here. Considering the type of match this is as well, it’s safe to say we don’t get anything technical in the early stages. It’s just a straight up brawl, plenty of hatred with the fans heavily invested, as both teams kick the shit out of each other and do their best to now allow the opponents to use the Bull rope.

Whilst Dustin and Ted Jr. end up pairing up and slugging it out, it leaves Dusty to duke it out with his younger son, Cody. Despite his hesitance to get physical in the lead up to this match, that’s all gone now. ‘The American Dream’ gets on top and hammers away at Cody, only stopping to shake out his knuckles and let the fans know that “fiths are flyin’, bebeh”!!! Because Rhodes is as charismatic as they come, the outburst gets a big reaction from the crowd.

The match doesn’t really settle down, but they do venture around ringside and split up, allowing the action to get a little slower paced. It’s still just a slug fest though, and it gets even more exciting as multiple bull ropes come into play. Each man cops some bull rope action, getting hit and whipped multiple times throughout, but business really picks up at one point on the outside of the ring. Dusty has Cody down again, and Cody tries to cower and crawl away. Dusty grabs at his sons foot to pull him closer… WHEN CODY GETS HIS HANDS ON A BULL ROPE… AND SWINGS WILDLY… SMASHING THE HARD END RIGHT INTO DUSTY’S FOREHEAD!!!

Dusty immediately drops to the floor and shows a gruesome sight, blood leaking from his forehead like he’s in his prime. This allows Cody to get on top and start to batter his father around ringside, but Dusty doesn’t show any signs of giving in. The quarter continue to splatter each other around ringside, even throwing in some action in the crowd for a bit of extra excitement.

As Cody and Dusty continued to battle on the outside, Dustin and DiBiase found themselves back into the ring. The veteran formerly known as Goldust is well and truly in control though, hammering Ted into a corner of the ring. Dusting off his old move set, Rhodes sets Ted up in the corner, takes a few steps back… SHATTERED DREAMS CONNECTS!!!

Ted screams out in agony but before Dustin can capitalise any further, he gets pummelled from behind by Cody. Cody now stomps over his fallen brother… ONLY TO TURN INTO A COWBELL SHOT FROM HIS OLD MAN!!! Now it’s Cody’s turn to be busted open, and the visual seems to give Dusty some sort of sick satisfaction. ‘The American Dream’ brings Cody right back up and peppers away with his trademark jabs… AND THEN THE BIONIC ELBOW CONNECTS!!!

There are still no thoughts of ending this match though, as instead of going for the cover, the father and son combo get a table and begin setting it up. Dusty continues to work on the table as Dustin turns towards Cody, kicking well he’s down. He turns to do the same to DiBiase… BUT TED RUNS THROUGH HIM WITH A TITLE SHOT TO THE FACE!!!

With Dusty’s back turned… DIBIASE PINS DUSTIN…1…2…NO!!! DUSTY REALISES AND BREAKS UP THE COUNT!!!

Dusty stays on Ted to, picking him up… DUSTY LANDS A DDT ONTO THE SAME STEEL CHAIR!!!

DUSTY COVERS TED NOW…1…2…NO!!! CODY GRABS DUSTY’S FOOT AND YANKS HIM OFF THE FINISH!!!

Before Dusty can react, Cody ties the bull rope around his dad’s neck and begins choking the life out of him. As he continues to choke out his dad, he leans over his lifeless body and lands some brutal elbows to the mid-section. It’s getting pretty brutal with Dusty seemingly struggling to breathe… WHEN DUSTIN SAVES WITH A CHAIRSHOT TO THE FACE OF CODY!!!

Cody goes down after that, Dusty stays down and DiBiase is still out of it as well. Being the only man left standing, Rhodes heads to the outside of the ring and grabs a second steel chair. Dustin brings it into the ring, and he sets up both chairs next to each other, as if they are ready to be sat on. Dustin then surveys both opponents and decides to focus on DiBiase. He brings him to his feet… AND SETS HIM UP FOR THE CURTAIN CALL!!!

TED MANAGES TO SQUIRM AND ESCAPE BEHIND THE BACK OF DUSTIN…

DIBIASE HOOKS HIM…

DREAM STREET THROUGH BOTH STEEL CHAIRS!!!

Arguably the spot of the match as Dustin is finished, however due to the impact, Ted remains down as well. On the other side of the ring, Dusty has managed to battle to his feet and yet again, his attention is all on his youngest son. Dusty drags Cody up, but Cody shrugs him off, and the two begin trading right hands, blood flinging around as each shot connects. Just as it seems like Dusty is starting to get the advantage in the exchange, DiBiase clobbers Dusty in the back.

With Dustin still showing no signs of life, it’s a two on one now. The youngers beat on the legend, who can’t fight back, eventually beating him down and dragging him towards the table which Dusty set up earlier. Cody is directing traffic, giving DiBiase some instructions as he climbs onto the table. Cody stands on the table and begins dragging Dusty up, as Ted hoists his dead weight up from the bottom.

Using teamwork, they manage to get Dusty onto the table, where Cody gets him up… AND IN POSITION FOR THE CROSS RHODES…

CODY CROSS RHODES HIS OWN FATHER THROUGH THE TABLE!!!

CODY HOOKS THE LEG OF HIS DAD…1…2…3!!!

Winners: Priceless @ 12:59

It was an absolute war but at the end of it, Cody and DiBiase stand tall, exhausted but pleased, their tag titles in their hands. They begin to celebrate as the fans reign down heat on them, and the heat gets louder, as the remaining members of Legacy decide to come on down and join the celebration.

The WWE Champion Randy Orton steps into the ring, looking as proud as punch, and he’s closely followed by the WWE Intercontinental Champion Mr. Kennedy. They applaud both men before Orton whispers something to Ted, who removes himself from Cody. Orton points at Cody’s fallen family members and tells him, “THIS IS YOUR MOMENT, KID. ENJOY IT”!

With that, DiBiase and Kennedy hoist Cody onto their shoulders, parading him around the ring. The fact that Cody is so pleased with having destroyed his father and brother irks the audience even more so. As Rhodes is up on the shoulders of his buddies, in a throwback to his own past, Orton throws Cody a sincere thumbs up.

The audience members that remember the way Orton was dumped from Evolution create a bit of a murmur throughout the arena, but this is just a coincidence tonight. It’s a non-event, as once it’s deemed that they’ve celebrated enough, Kennedy and DiBiase place Cody gently back to the canvas.

Unfortunately for some, it seems that the celebration is over, but proceedings are not. Orton barks some instructions to his crew, and then Kennedy steps to the plate, grabbing a hold of the fallen Dustin Rhodes. KK drags him to his feet… MIC CHECK TO DUSTIN RHODES!!!

As Kennedy reclaims his IC Title, Priceless then drag Dustin back up, and throw him through the ropes and to the outside. On the other side of the ring, ‘The American Dream’ has started to stir. Dusty rolls from his back to his stomach and fights to his knees… ONLY FOR ORTON TO START RUNNING TOWARDS HIM… THE PUNT CONNECTS!!!

Gasps and shrieks come from the audience as Orton damn near kicks Dusty’s head off his neck. Cody’s father is unconscious now, and Legacy look pleased with the damage. The dastardly quartet stand together in the ring, covered in gold, as they all raise each other’s hands to major heat.

Finally, they decide to leave the ring, whilst EMT’s come from everywhere to check on Dustin and Dusty…

After the Cruiserweight title is defended, we head to the backstage area where Todd Grisham is standing by.

Todd Grisham: Ladies and gentlemen, my guest at this time is a former WWE Champion, and one of the men who will be looking to make a statement in the big six-man tag team match a little later on tonight. Please welcome… JOHN CENA!!!

Mixed reaction of course but mainly cheers as a very focused John Cena steps into shot and politely nods in Grisham’s direction.

Todd Grisham: John, we all know your journey to get here tonight. You were screwed out of the title by Randy Orton when he formed Legacy, and you haven’t been able to get a rematch ever since. How does that make you feel heading into tonight’s match where you finally do have a chance to be in the same ring as the WWE Champion?

Cena clenches his jaw as Todd recaps some of the crappy things that has happened to him lately.

John Cena: Look Todd, it’s simple. All the crap I’ve had thrown at me over the last few months, I’m pissed off. But tonight, I’m not gonna’ let that anger ruin me, I’m gonna’ let it fuel me. Above all else, tonight is an opportunity. I mean, we’ve all heard it before, Randy Orton says that I’ll never get another title match again.

The former champ pauses, rolling his eyes and shaking his head in frustration at being avoided.

John Cena: The only thing is, even with Randy as the WWE Champion, there are certain factors that even he can’t control. You see, for those of you who don’t remember, I’m a multiple time WWE Champion myself. I’m a veteran in this title scene and I know the rulebook, especially in relation to if the champion were to be pinned. Regardless of the match type, stipulation, it don’t matter, if a contender pins the champion, that person is ninety eight percent guaranteed to get a WWE Title match. So you wanna’ know how it feels to be in the ring with Orton tonight? It feels exciting because tonight I’m gonna’ pin Randy Orton and earn my shot at the WWE Title that’s what I’m gonna’ do.

An intense Cena walks away, tonight isn’t a night for catchphrases, as Grisham sends us back to ringside for the next match…

Another match down and we find ourselves at the interview set, staring at Todd Grisham once again.

Todd Grisham: Ladies and gentlemen, much like my guest earlier in the night, right now I have with me another man who has been screwed out of the WWE Championship by Randy Orton, and he will be looking for revenge in tonight’s six-man tag team match. My guest at this time is… CM PUNK!

CM Punk steps into screenshot, an ironic smirk on his face, but it’s obvious that much like Cena, Punk’s not in the best of moods tonight.

Todd Grisham: CM Punk, I spoke to John Cena earlier and he talked about how his gameplan tonight surrounds pinning Randy Orton and earning a shot at the WWE Championship. I can’t help but think that may be your plan as well, and if it is, how are you expected to coexist tonight if you’re both chasing the same thing?

Punk takes a moment before answering, contemplating his words.

CM Punk: I have all the respect in the world for John Cena as a competitor, but quite frankly, I don’t care about Cena’s strategy tonight. People who know me know that I’m pretty outspoken so I’m just gonna’ come out and say it, it feels like the world has been against me a little lately with some of the recent events. To be even more blunt, I’m reasonably annoyed that I’m stuck wrestling in a six-man tag tonight. I still haven’t had my rematch after losing the title at WrestleMania, so I was told tonight I was supposed to have a WWE Title match. That obviously hasn’t happened and that annoys me, just as it annoys me that Randy Orton and his buddies worked hard in screwing me out of the Intercontinental Title on Monday. I’m frustrated, I’m angry, I’m annoyed, I’m irked, I’m irritated but tonight, I’m gonna’ take all of that out on Randy Orton, Jericho and Kozlov.

Quite a bit there from Punk as we all know he can go on a rant when required.

CM Punk: Oh and sorry John, but I don’t think your strategy is gonna’ work. Because when I do everything that I set out to do in tonight’s match, I’ll EARN another title shot.

Much like Cena before him, quick and to the point from Punk, who walks away, seemingly ready for tonight’s match. Grisham now sends us back to ringside…

After an impressive performance earlier in the night in which he defeated the up and comer in Bryan Danielson (yes, he’s in this universe), Triple H sits down in his locker room, undoing his wrist tape. Hunter continues to focus on the job at hand when Priceless, the World Tag Team Champions enter. Both Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase Jr. are fresh and showered after competing in tonight’s opener. Triple H kind of just half acknowledges them with a nod before continuing to work on his tape.

Cody Rhodes: Look, Hunter, we know you’re probably busy, but we just wanted to come by and congratulate you on the win tonight.

Ted DiBiase Jr: Bryan Danielson got taught how to play the game tonight.

HHH smirks at them buttering him up, before finally finishing with his tape. He now stands up so he can look both his visitors in the eye.

Triple H: Thanks. You both did alright as well. But let’s cut through all the small talk and get to what you’re really here for. I know Orton sent you because he knows that I’ve taken a liking to the two of you. I see so much potential in you both, but that doesn’t mean he can just send you both in here because for some reason he wants me on side. You can tell Orton that I don’t trust him at all.

Trips abruptly leaves after that, whilst Priceless just kind of shrug, knowing this interaction didn’t exactly go as planned…

We’re only one match away from the big six-man tag now, as we focus in on the WWE Champion Randy Orton. He’s in his locker room but his got his wrestling tights on now, and in the locker room with him are his partners for tonight, Chris Jericho and the scary, Vladimir Kozlov. We seem to pick things up with Orton mid-way through giving his partners a pep talk of sorts.

Randy Orton: And that’s it. That’s the plan, we should all know it by now. We’ve talked and discussed for long enough so we should all understand the number one goal tonight. The goal is to clear the path forward, the goal is to eliminate the number one threat of Legacy.

Kozlov remains stoic, who knows if he’s even taking in what Orton is saying. Jericho screws up his face though, seemingly rubbed the wrong way with something Orton said.

Chris Jericho: I understand that we’ve all got our own best interests in our hearts. We’d be ignorant to not understand that of each other. With that being said, I’m not clearing the path for Legacy so you can skip off to the sunset with that WWE Championship. I’m clearing the path so that I can step in your path. Before we go out there, what I want to know is when will I get the title shot you promised me?

Randy looks a little annoyed by the question but tries to shrug it off.

Randy Orton: Chris, we’ve got to take this one step at a time. Looking to far forward is how mistakes happen and I won’t let mistakes happen tonight. When all the other threats are out of the way, you will get your title shot, I will deliver on what I promised.

Jericho still seems a little uneasy but doesn’t have much of a choice, eventually nodding in agreement. They all then look to continue discussing however we cut away and don’t hear any more of the conversation…

Match Eight
Batista, CM Punk and John Cena vs. Chris Jericho, Randy Orton and Vladimir Kozlov

Strangely deciding to lead by example, Orton looks to start things off for his team, but when Cena opts in as the legal man for the faces, Orton changes his mind. And this is pretty much the tale of the early stages of the match, every time Cena gets in, Orton hurries to the outside. Eventually Punk gets tagged in and he and Orton lock up. Unfortunately for the WWE Champion, Punk has his way with Orton in the early stages, even scoring some scary near falls with some flash covers. Once Batista gets tagged in, he’s able to rough up Orton as well.

After a terrible start to the match for himself, Orton manages to rake the eyes of Batista before hurrying off to tag Kozlov. ‘The Moscow Mauler’ gets in slowly, eyeing off ‘Tista and the two begin circling before locking up. The two jostle for position and end up just linking hands in a test of strength… But they remain even. Neither man budges and neither man will wilt… UNTIL JERICHO COMES FROM NOWHERE WITH A MISSILE DROPKICK TO THE BACK OF BATISTA!!!

The cheap shot off the top rope from Jericho is enough to allow Kozlov to begin to dominate Batista. The three heels begin utilising fast tags, isolating Batista and keeping him down, until Kozlov decides to hurl Batista around the ring with some awesome Suplexes. After another near fall, Kozlov tags in Orton, however suddenly Batista shows some life. He manages to fight off Orton’s shots and rally with some of his own, only for Jericho to illegally intervene. Jericho and Orton double team Batista before sending him to the ropes… BATISTA RUNS THROUGH BOTH MEN WITH A DOUBLE CLOTHESLINE!!!

He takes a little while to get moving, feeling the effects of the match so far, but eventually Batista is able to make the hot tag to CM Punk! Jericho and Orton both remain in the ring, even with Orton being legal, but Punk doesn’t care, dropping both men repeatedly with a variety of sloppy martial arts kicks. Kozlov storms back into the ring and looks to intervene, but Cena meets him from the other side and backs him up with right hands. Kozlov leans against the ropes to keep his balance, and Cena charges at him, taking Kozlov and himself out of the ring with a version of the Cactus Clothesline!

Inside of the ring, Punk shows a little too much attention to Jericho, stomping him in the corner… WHEN HE TURNS INTO AN RKO!!!

NO!!!

PUNK PUSHES ORTON AWAY!!!

Before Orton can respond, Punk lands a few right hands and sends him into a different corner to where Jericho is. Punk charges in and nails Orton with his corner high knee, followed by the Bulldog! As soon as Punk gets to his feet, Jericho charges at him, but Punk connects with a Step Up Enzuiguri!

Meanwhile, on the floor, Kozlov managed to reverse and send Cena into the steels steps, allowing him the advantage. The evil Russian isn’t done though as he picks up Cena… KOZLOV NAILS A SIDE BELLY TO BELLY SUPLEX ON THE CONCRETE FLOOR!!!

Cena is left groaning on the floor, whilst Kozlov doesn’t pay his victim a second thought, instead rolling into the ring. A fired-up Punk meets him with some hard kicks to the mid-section, but Kozlov no sells the last one and just swats Punk away. As Punk staggers to the side, a recovered Batista charges at Kozlov and the big men collide.

Due to the impact, both men fall to the canvas and begin rolling around, before heading underneath the bottom rope and to the outside. With Batista and Kozlov brawling on the outside, Punk turns back towards where Orton and Jericho are… PUNK TURNS RIGHT INTO AN RKO!!!

NO!!!

PUNK PUSHES ORTON AWAY A SECOND TIME!!!

Orton bounces off the ropes and runs back at Punk…

PUNK GETS HIM UP…

GO TO SLEEP CONNECTS!!!

PUNK HOOKS THE LEG…1…2…3!!! NO!!! JERICHO BREAKS UP THE COUNT JUST IN TIME!!!

Boos emanate from the crowd who wanted that to be it, but the match isn’t over yet. After clobbering Punk across the back a few more times, Jericho waits for him to battle up, and when he does… JERICHO GOES FOR THE CODEBREAKER!!!

NO!!! PUNK PUSHES JERICHO AWAY… CAUSING HIM TO LAND BACK FIRST ONTO THE CANVAS!!!

Just as Punk shakes out the cobwebs, Cena has managed to struggle his way back up onto the ring apron. As Jericho gets up, Punk decks him with a Roundhouse Kick! On the outside of the ring, as Punk was taking care of Jericho, Kozlov had managed to ram Batista into the crowd barricade to keep him down. Ignoring basic tag team rules, Kozlov slides into the ring and goes straight after Punk.

Using his quickness, Punk connects with more of his brutal kicks and knees to stagger Kozlov, but the Russian just won’t fall. With Kozlov spaghetti legged, Punk heads to the apron… PUNK LOOKS FOR HIS SPRINGBOARD FLYING CLOTHESLINE!!!

KOZLOV COUNTERS WITH A HEADBUTT TO THE CHEST IN MID AIR!!!

Punk falls back to the corner, gasping for air, and as he collapses to the canvas, he happens to be in reaching space for Cena to make the tag. As soon as the tag is made, Punk rolls to the outside, struggling to breathe. Cena shows no hesitation charging back into action, ducking a shot from Kozlov and landing several big right hands of his own…

BEFORE BATISTA CHARGES AND SPEARS KOZLOV… SENDING BOTH MEN FLYING THROUGH THE MIDDLE ROPE AND TO THE OUTSIDE!!!

Cena shrugs, almost a little shocked as Batista and Kozlov continue to throw bombs outside of the ring, eventually heading into the crowd and fighting away from ringside. Back inside of the ring, Orton is still down after the GTS, however Jericho is back up and he swings a wild shot at Cena, who ducks… Blue Thunder Bomb connects!!!

‘The Champ’ bounces off the ropes, Five Knuckle Shuffle connects on Orton! It’s almost like that shot woke him up, as Orton stumbles back to his feet, still dazed after some recent hard shots to the head. Sensing his chance to earn his title shot… CENA HOISTS ORTON ONTO HIS SHOULDERS FOR THE FU!!!

NO!!!

JERICHO COMES OUT OF NOWHERE AND TAKES CENA DOWN WITH THE CODEBREAKER!!!

Mid move Orton just awkwardly falls off Cena’s shoulders and crumbles to the canvas, but Cena is in big trouble now. Desperate for his own title shot, Jericho urges Orton to make the cover, but as Orton fights back to his feet, he shakes his head, telling Jericho that “I’M NOT FINISHED”. Orton stalks Cena, simply waiting, as Cena shows his usual heart, battling back to his feet… ORTON NAILS CENA WITH THE RKO!!!

ORTON WITH THE COVER…1…2…3!!!

IT’S ALL OVER!!!

Winners: Chris Jericho, Randy Orton and Vladimir Kozlov @ 20:19

The bell rings and the fans are disappointed, the air clearly taken from the arena. Before the referee can raise their hands in the air, Jericho has to help Orton to his feet, the champion still dazed after such a hellacious match.

As the celebration commences with Orton raising his WWE Title above his head, he’s joined by the remainder of Legacy. Mr. Kennedy, Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase Jr. make their way to join the celebration. Each member of Legacy is littered in gold, as Jericho leaves the ring, realising he’s not a part of this moment.

Legacy continues to celebrate their very successful night. The young trio put Orton on their shoulders, parading him around now, and he shoots everybody a thumbs up, extremely happy with his night’s work.

Eventually, the quartet leave the ring and make their way through the curtain, truly feeling on top of the world. Meanwhile, a heartbroken and distraught John Cena gets back to his feet, looking shattered for a moment before his facial expression turns to one of anger.

The fans try and give him encouraging applause, but Cena is furious that he missed out on another opportunity to get a shot at the WWE Championship. With Randy Orton seemingly on top of the world, just who will be the next challenger?

Stojy

Reaction score
WWE Monday Night Raw
July 20th, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia

It’s a cold opening to Raw this week. No opening. No pyro. No shenanigans. Instead, the titantron comes to life, and we head straight into the General Manager’s office. Mike Adamle sits behind his desk, suited up, looking important and seemingly ready to drop an announcement on the world.

Mike Adamle: Welcome everybody to Monday Night Raw!!!

Adamle gruffs his voice a little at Raw, perhaps paying homage to Vince McMahon.

Mike Adamle: I’ll keep this short and sweet because we have a huge show in store for you all tonight, including a WWE Intercontinental Championship match between Mr. Kennedy and Finlay…

Pop for that one from the crowd.

Mike Adamle: As well as yet another tremendous six-man tag team main event. Tonight, we will see the youngster, Bryan Danielson team up with John Cena and John Morrison to take on the team of Chris Jericho, Cody Rhodes and the WWE Champion Randy Orton.

Mixture of a pop for the match announcement and heat at the mention of the WWE Champion.

Mike Adamle: Before we get on with the show, I need to take a moment to address the elephant in the room. After Randy Orton and his teammates were able to pick up the victory at The Great American Bash last night, there isn’t an obvious number one contender for the WWE Championship.

He pauses, a smirk beginning to come across his face.

Mike Adamle: That feeling will only last another seven days because next week, we will crown a new number one contender for the WWE Title. We will crown a number one contender who will go on to challenge Randy Orton at Summerslam. And we will crown that man at the end of a twenty man Battle Royal!

Another pop for that announcement.

Mike Adamle: Thanks everybody, enjoy the show!

With that, we cut away from Adamle and in somewhat of an awkward transition, we now get the opening video package for Raw. The pyro goes off around the arena, the fans are excited, and the commentators run down tonight’s action. Before we know it, the competitors for the first match are in the ring and ready to go.

Match One
CM Punk vs. Ted DiBiase Jr. w/Cody Rhodes

Punk knows he needs to keep an eye on the other half of the World Tag Team Champions on the outside, so he cleverly positions himself right in the centre of the ring for a lock up. The two go to the mat, and we get some real basic exchanges of chain wrestling, because neither guy can really do that much more. In the early stages, it seems Punk is a little better at knowing when to pick his spots, meanwhile DiBiase is all in every time, trying to force his game onto Punk and overpower him.

The additional singles wrestler experience of Punk seems to be the difference with most the exchanges. Punk is just a step ahead in most ways, and he’s able to dodge, escape and avoid most of the mat based holds that Ted tries. Eventually, DiBiase gets frustrated and lands a back elbow to break his way out of a Hammerlock. After a few more right hands, DiBiase looks to go for a kill with a Clothesline, but Punk ducks. The former WWE Champion then peppers DiBiase with body kicks, before a big Roundhouse sends DiBiase tumbling to the outside.

Cody tries to tell DiBiase to slow down, but running on adrenaline, he looks to slide right back into the ring… Punk takes him out with a Baseball Slide Dropkick! Punk remains in the ring as the referee begins counting out DiBiase, as Cody helps him up. Trying to kill the momentum of Punk, Cody calms Ted down and tries to talk strategy… TOPE SUICIDA FROM PUNK TAKES OUT BOTH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS!!!

The move garners a huge pop from the fans, and with all three men down on the outside, we head to a commercial break.

-COMMERCIAL BREAK-

When we return the action is back in the ring, and Punk is still in control, having not relented in the past couple of minutes. He sends DiBiase into the corner, before following in for his vintage high knee in the corner. As usual, Punk looks to come out of the corner with the Bulldog, but DiBiase shoves him off and into the ropes… AS PUNK BOUNCES OFF THE ROPES… CODY GRABS HIS FOOT… TRIPPING HIM UP FROM THE OUTSIDE!!!

Boos come from everywhere as Punk lands with a thud, face first on the canvas. Somehow the referee didn’t see it so Priceless get away with the obvious cheating, which infuriates the fans even more. Thankfully for DiBiase, this now allows him to take over and get a sustained period of offense after a pretty rough start to the match. Punk is favouring his face after the fall, but also his neck, which our commentary team mention could be due to whiplash from the fall. With that in mind, DiBiase is smart and focuses all of his offence to the head and neck area of the former WWE Champion.

Even though it’s not a tag team match, Priceless show why they are the World Tag Team Champions also. DiBiase is constantly raising the attention of the referee, dragging him to conversations in the corner of the ring, which is allowing Cody to get involves and inflict illegal punishment on Punk.

Despite the dominance for several minutes though, DiBiase is unable to put Punk away at this stage. Beginning to get a little frustrated, DiBiase roughly sends Punk into the corner of the ring. With a full head of steam, DiBiase charges to towards the corner, but Ted connects with nothing but turnbuckle as Punk avoids the contact. Before DiBiase can react, Punk comes back in, connecting with his second corner high knee of the match! And this time the Bulldog does connect afterwards!!!

Both men remain down after that, with Punk unable to capitalise after all the punishment he’s received. As the referee counts them out and the fans cheer Punk on, both competitors battle back to their feet at the same time. They begin trading right hands, with Punk gaining the advantage until DiBiase goes to the eyes. Ted bounces off the ropes for added momentum and swings wildly with a Clothesline… Punk ducks… Punk nails a Step Up Enzuiguri!

With DiBiase down, Punk doesn’t get up, instead rolling underneath the bottom rope and onto the ring apron. Punk waits patiently and as Ted gets back to his feet, Punk looks to springboard… BUT CODY GRABS HIS FOOT ON THE APRON!!!

PUNK KICKS CODY AWAY!!!

PUNK HURRIES WITH THE SPRINGBOARD FLYING CLOTHESLINE!!!

DIBIASE CATCHES HIM WITH A POWERSLAM OUT OF MID AIR!!!

The momentary distraction from Cody was enough… NOW TED MAKES THE COVER…1…2…3!!! NO!!! PUNK KICKS OUT!!!

Easily the closest near fall of the match there, and it’s enough for the exhausted DiBiase to signal that this one is about to be over. He grabs Punk, slowly getting him in position for the DREAM STREET!!!

PUNK ARM DRAGS OUT OF THE HOLD!!!

Both men bounce back to their feet and meet in the centre of the ring…

PUNK DAMN NEAR KO’S TED WITH A ROUNDHOUSE KICK TO THE TEMPLE!!!

A big time pop from the fans for that one, as Punk doesn’t hesitate, bringing the dead weight of DiBiase right back up. PUNK LIFTS DIBIASE ONTO HIS SHOULDERS FOR THE GO TO SLEEP!!!

A DESPERATE CODY RHODES JUMPS ONTO THE APRON FOR A DISTRACTION!!!

Punk incredible manages to keep DiBiase on his shoulders as he heads towards Cody, arguing with him. Suddenly… CODY GETS PULLED OFF THE APRON BY PAUL LONDON!!!

With Cody taken care of, Punk steps back towards the centre of the ring… BUT TED IS ABLE TO ESCAPE DOWN PUNK’S BACK!!!

DIBIASE WITH A ROLL UP…

HE GRABS THE TIGHTS… 1…2…3!!!

NO!!! PUNK JUST ESCAPED AT THE LAST SECOND!!!

Full of adrenaline now, both men bounce right back to their feet, and Punk meets DiBiase with a kick to the gut. PUNK GETS DIBIASE UP ON HIS SHOULDERS AGAIN…

THIS TIME THE GO TO SLEEP CONNECTS!!!

PUNK HOOKS THE LEG…1…2…3!!!

Winner: CM Punk @ 15:02

The fans pop loudly for the result and an exhausted CM Punk looks relieved, leaning against the ropes, happy to be back on the winners list. As Priceless lick their wounds on the outside, a smiling Paul London backs up the ramp, happy to have thwarted the tag champions plans to cheat Punk out of a victory here tonight.

After celebrating a little more to his adoring fans, Punk grabs himself a microphone.

CM Punk: I guess I’ll start off by putting my hands together and congratulating Legacy on all of your recent success.

Punk sarcastically rolls his eyes and claps whilst the fans let it be known how they feel about Legacy. Rhodes and DiBiase listen on from the top of the ramp, not looking all too pleased.

CM Punk: You’ve screwed me out of the WWE Championship, you’ve screwed me out of the Intercontinental Championship and you hold all of the gold. But I’ve been around this business long enough, and I’m a smart enough guy to learn from my mistakes. Unlike what happened with the WWE Title, I have a rematch clause for the WWE Intercontinental Title. Let the games begin, guys, and tell Kennedy to enjoy holding that IC belt, because in two weeks, that belts coming home with me!

Big cheers from the crowd as Punk drops the mic, firmly setting his sights on the IC Title. Rhodes and DiBiase aren’t happy, and don’t seem like they’ll look forward to giving the news to their stablemate either…

Due to the quick start to the show, our commentators now get time to hype some of the events on tonight’s show, including a huge six man tag team match:

BRYAN DANIELSON, JOHN CENA AND JOHN MORRISON VS. CODY RHODES, CHRIS JERICHO AND WWE CHAMPION RANDY ORTON!!!

A little later on in the night we head to the locker room of Legacy, which sees WWE Champion Randy Orton calmly standing in front of a seated audience, title on his shoulder. His audience? The World Tag Team Champions, Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase, the WWE Intercontinental Champion, Mr. Kennedy, and Orton’s other partner for tonight’s six man, Chris Jericho.

Randy Orton: Our goals have changed ever so slightly after what went down last night at The Great American Bash. Chris, I told you I’d grant you a title shot once we got rid of John Cena, but that hasn’t happened yet. I honestly thought last night… I thought we had done enough, I thought we had eliminated John Cena as a threat. It turns out I was wrong and we didn’t do enough. Now there’s this Battle Royal next week to see who gets the next shot at my WWE Title and Cena’s been named as one of the participants.

Everybody in the room is on the same page, not liking the idea of Cena getting a title shot.

Randy Orton: So tonight we regroup and we work towards the same goal. We are still working towards eliminating Cena as a threat so our goal is making sure Cena doesn’t make it to the Battle Royal next week.

Orton gains eye contact with everybody, ensuring they’re all in agreement. It seems they are as we head to a commercial break.

-COMMERCIAL BREAK-
Right after the break, we’re in another locker room where sitting in a casual tee, watching the show on a monitor is none other than Triple H. ‘The Game’s relaxed manner doesn’t last long though, as he jumps to his feet as WWE Champion Randy Orton barges into the locker room. No love lost between the two, they go nose to nose, the tension in the air, neither willing to blink, until Orton puts his hands up and takes a step back, indicating that he comes in peace.

Randy Orton: Look, Hunter, I know we’ve got a past, but that’s why I’m here to talk to you. All the crap between us, it’s in the past. Cody and Ted relayed your message back to me so I wanted to show you the respect of speaking to you myself. I understand that you wouldn’t trust me. I don’t blame you for it, but I’m not interested in playing games. I’m here to ask you face to face, what do I have to do to get you on my side?

Triple H raises his eyebrows, looking genuinely confused.

Triple H: Huh, I still don’t get it kid. After everything, why would you want me on your side?

Orton smirks, the ultimate chess player, almost expecting this question.

Randy Orton: Because I’m not stupid. Despite our differences, I respect all that you’ve done throughout your career and all that you’ve taught me in the past. I don’t want to push my luck, but maybe we can talk about the Battle Royal next week…

There’s an awkward silence between the two, and before the conversation can go further, Orton seems to ‘notice’ the camera and ushers the cameraman outside, before shutting the door…

And we now skip to the end of the night, as its main event time.

Match Five
Bryan Danielson, John Cena and John Morrison vs. Cody Rhodes, Chris Jericho and Randy Orton

This one begins in absolute mayhem as Cena tries to immediately charge at Orton, however Orton continues the trend of avoiding Cena at all costs. Cody looks to step in front of his leader and protect him, leading to everybody else getting involved and we have a brawl to start off. The faces get the better of it and eventually the heels are forced to flee the ring. Once things settle down, the legal men for both teams are Danielson and Jericho. The two trade mat wrestling holds, going back and forth, with Danielson seemingly looking a little more crisp with transitions, but Jericho’s experience keeps him up to Danielson’s level. After some fun sequences and yet another stalemate between the two, Jericho gets a little frustrated and tags out to Cody.

A little overzealous, Cody looks to get involved in the same mat wrestling exchanges that Jericho was in, but Cody isn’t at that level at this point in his career. Instead, Danielson stretches the shit out of Cody on the mat, putting him in a variety of gruelling holds. Eventually, Cody flees and tags in Orton, who looks eager to lock up with Danielson, but the fans and John Cena urge ‘The American Dragon’ to tag in Cena. Danielson does so and Orton immediately runs to the outside of the ring, refusing to engage with Cena.

A frustrated Cena charges outside the ring, chasing Orton around the ring and back in. The boos from the crowd pick up as there’s still no action between the two, when Morrison slaps Cena on the back, blind tagging himself in. Cena isn’t overly happy with the tag, but the referee ushers him to the apron anyway. Meanwhile, Morrison and Orton begin to do battle, and maybe it’s over confidence from the champion, but Morrison gets the better of Orton, using his fast pace and unique offence to keep Randy off balance.

The WWE Champion gets more and more irritated and tags out, getting Jericho back in, and this allows Cena to get tagged back in. Cena finally gets to release some of his pent up aggression, flinging Jericho and illegally entering Cody around the ring with ease, before Cena begs for Orton to get inside the ring. Orton decides against, instead leaping off the apron and to the floor, regrouping with his battered teammates… WHEN MORRISON TAKES OUT ALL THREE OPPONENTS WITH A CORKSCREW PLANCHA!!!

The faces are firmly in control, the fans are going wild at the high risk move, as we head to commercials.

-COMMERCIAL BREAK-

Upon returning from the break, the faces are still in control, all three members tagging in and out, really doing a number on the arm of Jericho. Each man does their own damage but it’s clear Danielson is ultra-vicious, really focusing in on the arm and perhaps having more impact than his teammates. Unfortunately for Danielson, at one point he looks to bounce off the ropes to build momentum, and Orton takes the change to knee him right in the back!

It's a small action but it’s enough to drop Danielson to his knees and allow Jericho to seize the opportunity and make the tag. Now it’s the heels turn to have a heat period, as after the blow to the back, they isolate Danielson, working over his back and midsection. Of course, the WWE Champion is more than happy to be in the ring for extended periods now that his team has the advantage. He makes sure to constantly taunt Cena on the apron also, letting him know that, “YOU’RE NEVER GETTING ANOTHER TITLE SHOT”!

Cena tries his best to restrain himself, with the referee warning him to stay on the apron also. The beat down on Danielson continues though, the momentum of the match only changing once Rhodes is back in the ring. Cody gets a little to big for his britches, allowing Danielson to much time to breathe, and Danielson connects with a STEP UP GAMENGURI off the ropes!

Both men are down after that, crawling towards their respective corners to make the tag. The fans are right behind Danielson, but it’s Cody who makes the tag first, bringing Orton back into the ring. Danielson continues to crawl towards his corner, but Orton surprisingly sprints past him, and collides with Cena, sending Cena flying off the apron… AND THIS ALLOWS DANIELSON TO MAKE THE TAG TO MORRISON!!!

Our commentators put over the fact that Orton was more worried about making sure Cena didn’t get in the ring, as opposed to stopping the hot tag altogether. Morrison begins taking it to Orton, the fresh man delivering the goods, and he’s able to clean house when Cody and Jericho try to constantly get involved as well. After recovering from the earlier blow, Cena has finally lost his temper, and he gets in and tackles Orton, sending him falling into the corner.

Cena wails on Orton in the corner, until Cody looks to save his leader again, grabbing Cena from behind and dragging him off. Cody turns Cena towards him and swings with a right, Cena ducks… PROTO BOMB ON RHODES CONNECTS!!!

Meanwhile, Morrison comes flying across the ring and connects with a corner high knee on Orton. As Morrison turns to leave the corner… JERICHO POUNCES WITH THE CODEBREAKER!!!

Orton staggers out of the corner, sensing his chance to make the cover and win the match… BUT CENA STEAMROLLS ORTON AND JERICHO WITH A DOUBLE CLOTHESLINE!!!

Firmly in control and with the ref having given up trying to keep just the legal men involved now, Cena bounces off the ropes… FIVE KNUCKLE SHUFFLE TO ORTON!!!

As Cena bounces back to his feet, looking like his stalking Orton for the FU, he gets attacked from behind by Cody. Rhodes clobbers on the back of Cena, beating him down to one knee, and showing no signs of slowing down… DANIELSON COMES FROM NOWHERE WITH A FLYING DROPKICK OFF THE TOP ROPE!!!

The impact of the shot sends Cody rolling underneath the bottom rope and to the outside. Knowing there’s danger for his team, Cody uses the crowd barricade to pull himself to his feet rather quickly… DANIELSON TAKES CODY OUT WITH A TOPE SUICIDA!!!

Meanwhile, back inside of the ring, Orton has recovered and smirks, seeing that Cena is still down on one knee. Orton methodically heads towards Cena… WHEN CENA EXPLODES AND HOISTS ORTON UP ONTO HIS SHOULDERS…

FU CONNECTS ON ORTON!!!

Cena knows he’s not the legal man so he doesn’t go for the cover, instead getting to his feet, when Jericho comes from behind and throws Cena through the ropes and to the outside. Cena lands with a splat on the outside, causing Jericho to smirk… BUT HE THEN TURNS INTO A SPRINGBOARD ENZUIGURI FROM MORRISON!!!

That dazes Jericho, who drops to the canvas and rolls outside of the ring. It’s only Morrison in the ring now with a downed and out Randy Orton. Sensing his chance, Morrison goes right to work on the WWE Champion, pulling him to his feet… MORRISON DRILLS THE DAZED ORTON WITH THE MOONLIGHT DRIVE!!!

MORRISON HOOKS THE LEG…1…2…3!!!

Winners: Bryan Danielson, John Cena and John Morrison @ 19:15

HOLY SHIT!!! JOHN MORRISON HAS JUST PINNED THE WWE CHAMPION!!! Morrison is ecstatic, pumped up and celebrating what is easily the biggest win of his career. Orton remains down, the others are all littered outside the ring, so Morrison gets his moment in the spotlight.

He gets a really nice ovation from the fans, whilst our commentators wonder if this means a new contender for the title has seemingly emerged out of nowhere.

Either way, it’s a feel good ending to the show, as Morrison celebrates pinning Randy Orton, the WWE Champion…

END OF SHOW

Stojy

Reaction score
News And Notes

WWE have released the names of the 20 participants who will compete in Raw’s Battle Royal to determine the number one contender for the WWE Championship. The winner will go on to face WWE Champion Randy Orton at Summerslam. Below are the list of participants:

Batista
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Cody Rhodes
Curt Hawkins
Dolph Ziggler (ECW)
Elijah Burke (ECW)
Finlay
John Cena
John Morrison
Kenny Dykstra
Mr. Kennedy
Paul London
Rey Mysterio
Ted DiBiase Jr.
Triple H
Vladimir Kozlov
William Regal
Zach Ryder​

Whilst it’s expected that the Battle Royal will take up a fair portion of the show, certain competitors will be performing double duty. Warm up matches for select superstars are listed below:

Elijah Burke (ECW) vs. John Cena
Rey Mysterio vs. Vladimir Kozlov​

Reactions: DJ25

Stojy

Reaction score
WWE Monday Night Raw
July 27th, 2009
Washington, D.C.

We’re in the Nations Capital, and we’re wasting no time tonight, kicking off Monday Night Raw in a big way. We’ll see two of the men competing in tonight’s Battle Royal going against each other in a warm up of sorts.

Match One
Elijah Burke vs. John Cena

Surprisingly, this one began with some mat work, as despite his former boxing prominence, Burke refuses to engage in a brawl in the early stages. The two trade holds, however despite Burke’s technical advantage, Cena is able to use his brute strength advantage to keep Burke at bay, and actually win a majority of the exchanges.

Cena used a basic Side Headlock very effectively to put the squeeze on Burke and keep him on the canvas. Frustration started to boil over for Burke, so he threw some elbows to the gut to break the hold, and when both men got back to their feet, the matched turned into a brawl. Burke had some initial success as he’s the one who turned the match this way, however it wasn’t long until Cena fired up.

The former champ started to rock Burke with his custom haymakers, before running through him with a few Clotheslines. Knowing he has another match later on tonight… CENA WANTS TO END THINGS QUICKLY… GETTING BURKE UP FOR THE FU…

HOWEVER, BURKE SLITHERS DOWN THE BACK OF CENA!!!

As Cena turns to face him, Burke grabs a hold of the waist band of Cena’s shorts and uses them to pull him, the momentum sending Cena through the ropes and to the outside. Cena lands with an uncomfortable splat on the protective mats, and sensing his chance, Burke immediately goes out after Cena. He clobbers him on the back a few times, before bringing him back to his feet. BURKE THEN SUPLEXES CENA… HAVING HIM LAND BACK FIRST ONTO THE CROWD BARRICADE!!!

That’s the type of move that will change the direction of the entire match. With Cena reeling in pain and clutching at his back, Burke smirks as we head to a break.

-COMMERCIAL BREAK-

When we return, the action is back inside of the ring, and Burke is well and truly in control. Our commentators let us know that Burke has been working on the back throughout the entire break. That continues now that we’ve returned, with Burke smartly ensuring all of his offense targets the back or the mid-section of Cena. It’s all pretty simple offense also, with Burke grinding away, throwing elbows and knees to the back to keep Cena down.

Of course, Burke isn’t against bending the rules either, occasionally throwing in an illegal choke hold until the referee counts to four and threatens disqualification. Eventually, Burke tries a different avenue of pain, locking Cena in a Standing Octopus Hold! Cena looks like he’s going to fade, in a tremendous amount of pain, but he refuses to submit, and eventually powers out of the hold with a sluggish Hip Toss!

Burke bounces right back to his feet, knowing he has to stay on Cena, but Cena’s ready for it and rocks Burke with right hands, before sending him to the ropes. As Burke bounces off the ropes, Cena runs him down with a Clothesline, followed by a second Clothesline, followed by two consecutive Shoulder Blocks! Cena’s beginning to really cook now, dragging Burke back to his feet and landing some more straight punches, however Burke is able to rake the eyes.

As Cena grabs at his eyes, trying to regain vision, Burke backs him up with his own right hands, battering Cena until he backs into the corner. With Cena still struggling with his eyes, Burke backs away from the corner before charging in… ELIJAH EXPRESS!!!

CONNECTS WITH THE CORNER AS CENA MOVES FROM THE CORNER AT THE LAST MOMENT!!!

Burke stumbles backwards, out of the corner… PROTO BOMB FROM CENA!!!

We know what’s next now as the man who likes to be called ‘The Champ’ stands over Burke, and gives him the old “YOU CAN’T SEE ME”. Cena bounces off the ropes… FIVE KNUCKLE SHUFFLE CONNECTS!!!

Cena now begins to stalk Burke, waiting for him to get up, and when he does… CENA GETS BURKE UP FOR THE FU!!!

BURKE EXPLODES WITH DESPERATION ELBOWS TO CENA’S TEMPLE, FORCING HIM TO LET HIM DOWN!!!

With Cena dazed, Burke follows up with a brutal Step-Up Knee Strike! BURKE LOOKS TO FOLLOW UP WITH THE HONOUR ROLL!!!

BUT CENA CLINCHES ON TO BURKE’S ARM AND PULLS IT DOWN TO DRAG HIM TO THE CANVAS!!!

Burke’s almost in shock, unsure what to do, as Cena quickly rolls to Burke’s legs… STFU IS LOCKED IN!!!

They are in the centre of the ring, there’s nowhere for Burke to go. He tries to fight out of it, until Cena pulls back even harder… AND BURKE TAPS OUT!!!

Winner: John Cena @ 14:18

Probably a more gruelling match then both would have preferred before tonight’s Battle Royal, but Cena looks relieved to have gotten through it anyway. He enjoys the cheers from the fans as the referee raises his hand in the air, only for Cena to then get a look of pure grit and determination on his face, whilst signalling that the WWE Championship is coming back to his waist.

We now head to the back where CM Punk is watching on a monitor, nodding his head, impressed with Cena’s performance. Upon appearing on the titantron, Punk gets a tonne of cheers himself, as he now focuses on the camera, ready to cut his own promo.

CM Punk: That was impressive from John Cena, who I have nothing but the upmost respect for. But it’s nothing compared to the month I’m about to have. Tonight, I’m going to win the Battle Royal, next week I’m going to win the WWE Intercontinental Championship and then at Summerslam… I’ll do exactly what I’ve been wanting to do since WrestleMania. I will once again hold the WWE Championship and restore integrity to that title.

An equally determined CM Punk gives the camera a confident smirk, before we cut to commercials.

-COMMERCIAL BREAK-
Returning from the break, we get an eerily similar image to last week, with the WWE Champion Randy Orton slowly entering the locker room of his former Evolution mentor, Triple H. Unlike last week though, there isn’t as much tension with Triple H almost looking like he expected the arrival of the champion.

Triple H: Okay, here we are. You’ve got what you wanted. Do you have the list?

Orton digs into his pockets and pulls out a piece of paper, handing it to ‘The Game’. Triple H looks over it, nodding as he reads.

Triple H: Let me get this straight, tonight in the Battle Royal if me and your boys eliminate these three names…

Randy Orton: You’d get a future title shot, and it would be like Evolution all over again but better, we’d have your back.

Both men stare into each other’s eyes, wondering if they can trust the other, before they seemingly nod in agreement and go their separate ways…

Later on in the show, WWE Champion Randy Orton is still lurking backstage and finding people to talk to, this time approaching Chris Jericho. Jericho looks at Orton and then looks away, continuing to lace up his boots ahead of tonight’s Battle Royal.

Randy Orton: It’s done, the plan is in motion. You need to watch Triple H’s back tonight. Get rid of everybody else and let it get down to the two of you.

Jericho stands up, a little aggressively and is quite close to Orton’s face.

Chris Jericho: I have to be honest with you, champ, I don’t care for all of your scheming. With that being said, what I do care about is the WWE Championship. And if I haven’t made it crystal clear already, I’ll do whatever necessary to get my shot.

Randy doesn’t completely like the words of Jericho, but he lets it slide, knowing he needs as many allies as possible heading into this Battle Royal…

We now see the WWE Intercontinental Champion Mr. Kennedy standing in a random spot in the back.

Mr. Kennedy: Next week, I shut all your mouths and I shut CM Punk’s mouth. Next week, I defend my title against CM Punk. I’ll prove to you all that there’s really no comparison between the two of us. Punk is a worthless piece of shit, he’s from an awful city, and to be brutally honest, he looks like a bum. Meanwhile, I was bred to be a champion and next week I will prove it. Next week, after our match, all you will hear is your winner… And STILL WWE Intercontinental Champion……. MIIIISSSTTTEEERRRR KEEENNNNAAAAADAAAAAAYYYYY…

I’m sure you all know where this is going.

Mr. Kennedy: KEEENNNNNAAAAAADAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!

Kennedy is clearly full of confidence ahead of his big title match tomorrow night…

At ringside, our commentators announce that due to injuries sustained in his match earlier against Vladimir Kozlov, REY MYSTERIO WILL NO LONGER BE COMPETING IN TONIGHT’S BATTLE ROYAL!!!

His spot will be taken by… EVAN BOURNE!!!

Later on in the night, right for the entrances for the Battle Royal begin, our commentators drop some more interesting info. First, they hype up the huge Kennedy/Punk IC Title match for next week, before announcing that THIS SATURDAY ON THE RETURN OF SATURDAY NIGHT’S MAIN EVENT, WE WILL SEE A PREVIEW OF THE INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH!!!

CM PUNK AND REY MYSTERIO VS. MR. KENNEDY AND RANDY ORTON… THIS SATURDAY!!!

Some wrestlers that aren’t overly integral to our story now start making their way to the ring for the big Battle Royal…

-COMMERCIAL BREAK-
By the time we return, a majority of the participants of the Battle Royal are in the ring, with only CM Punk, Triple H and John Cena getting televised entrances before the match begins.

Match Four
20 Man Number One Contender’s Battle Royal

With everybody in the ring to start things off, it’s absolute mayhem when the bell rings. Plenty of chaos all over the place and it isn’t pretty, with there not being a lot of room for guys to move. It does look like WWE Champion Randy Orton’s strategy is in effect also, with Cody Rhodes, Ted DiBiase, Mr. Kennedy, Chris Jericho and Triple H either working together or staying out of each other’s way, depending on what is required. In a bit of a brain fade moment, KENNY DYKSTRA THROWS CAUTION TO THE WIND AND CHARGES AT VLADIMIR KOZLOV…

KOZLOV USES HIS MOMENTUM AND BELLY TO BELLY SUPLEXES DYKSTRA OVER THE TOP ROPE AND TO THE OUTSIDE!!!

ELIMINATION #1 – KENNY DYKSTRA BY VLADIMIR KOZLOV

Orton’s crew, including Jericho and Triple H begin focusing on what we can only imagine is the man at the top of the list of people Orton doesn’t want to face: John Cena. They corner Cena like rabid dogs and really do a number on him, until CM Punk makes the save. Punk drags them all off one by one, dropping them with Roundhouse Kicks, which allows Cena to recover. The unlikely duo are then able to fight off Legacy and their buddies, getting the fans really pumped up.

As Cena and Punk share a respectful nod, Cena looks to focus in on Jericho, meanwhile Elijah Burke charges at Punk, but he gets dropped by a Roundhouse Kick as well! Punk is on fire as he immediately drags Burke back up… GO TO SLEEP CONNECTS!!!

It’s a Battle Royal so instead of falling to the canvas, Burke falls back and stumbles into the ropes… ALLOWING PUNK TO CLOTHESLINE BURKE OVER THE TOP ROPE AND TO THE OUTSIDE!!!

ELIMINATION #2 – ELIJAH BURKE BY CM PUNK

As this is happening, Dolph Ziggler continues to look impressive also, seemingly making the most of his appearance on Monday Night Raw! Punk’s earlier actions come back to haunt him though, as now Triple H, Rhodes and DiBiase look to triple team him, getting revenge for earlier. They beat him up in the corner, until this time it’s Cena’s turn to play the role of the saviour. Cena begins pulling Priceless and Trips off of Punk, throwing his patented haymakers to keep them all at bay.

In the centre of the ring, Evan Bourne and John Morrison are duking it out. The two share quite the athletic sequence, with plenty of flips and what not, and it ends in a stalemate. Both men stare each other down as the fans applaud the interaction, until they both get run down with a Double Clothesline from Kozlov! As Kozlov turns around… KOZLOV GETS SPEARED TO THE CANVAS BY BATISTA!!!

Batista lands on top of Kozlov and explodes with right hands, but Kozlov quickly rolls on top, landing some shots on Batista as well. The two continue to trade positions, hammering away, as we cut to a commercial break.

-COMMERCIAL BREAK-

When the show returns to the air, we see some footage from during the break, where Rhodes, DiBiase and Mr. Kennedy WORKED TOGETHER TO THROW CURT HAWKINS OVER THE TOP ROPE!!!

ELIMINATION #3 – CURT HAWKINS BY CODY RHODES, MR. KENNEDY AND TED DIBIASE

Now we’re back to live action where Punk and William Regal are having an intense exchange. Punk eventually swings with a Roundhouse Kick… Regal ducks… REGAL NAILS A HALF NELSON SUPLEX!!!

Building some momentum, the Brit begins going crazy, nailing multiple competitors with running knee strikes to the temple. After dropping a few of his opponents, Regal spots Finlay, down on one knee. REGAL CHARGES AT FINLAY WITH THE RUNNING KNEE STRIKE!!!

FINLAY AVOIDS CONTACT!!!

Finlay immediately pushes the off balance Regal in the back, sending him stumbling into the ropes… FINLAY FOLLOWS UP WITH A CLOTHESLINE TO THE BACK OF THE HEAD, SENDING REGAL TUMBLING OVER THE TOP ROPE!!!

ELIMINATION #4 – WILLIAM REGAL BY FINLAY

Wearing a toothy grin after the elimination, Finlay turns to the centre of the ring, straight into a huge Lariat from Kozlov! Before Kozlov can capitalise on the blow, he’s tackled into the corner by the Batista, and the two big men begin brawling again. Meanwhile in the centre of the ring… MORRISON LOOKS FOR A SPRINGBOARD ENZUIGURI ON ZIGGLER!!!

ZIGGLER DUCKS AND MORRISON LANDS WITH A THUD!!!

As Morrison gets up… ZIGGLER NAILS THE ZIG ZAG!!!

Ziggler jumps back to his feet, immediately begin greeted by some kicks to the mid-section from Evan Bourne. The late sub into the match leaves Dolph reeling, before bouncing off the ropes to gain momentum… BUT ZIGGLER POPS HIM UP…

GETTING HIM IN POSITION FOR A POP UP POWERBOMB!!!

Ziggler keeps Bourne in the air… AND BEGINS RUNNING TOWARDS THE ROPES… BOURNE COUNTERS WITH A HURRICANRANA WHICH SENDS ZIGGLER OVER THE TOP AND TO THE OUTSIDE!!!

ELIMINATION #5 – DOLPH ZIGGLER BY EVAN BOURNE

A relieved Bourne lands on the apron, and immediately slides underneath the bottom rope and back inside of the ring. On the other side of the ring, Punk has managed to isolate Cody Rhodes from his friends, and sends him into the corner. Punk follows in, landing his high knee strike, before taking Rhodes out of the corner with a Bulldog! As Punk looks to get back to his feet… KENNEDY POUNCES WITH A MIC CHECK!!!

The WWE Intercontinental Champion gains plenty of heat from the fans for getting one up on his opponent, when he’s confronted by John Cena. Cena goes to work, hammering away to back Kennedy into the ropes. CENA BEGINS SLOWLY LIFTING THE LEGS OF KENNEDY… TRYING TO ELIMINATE HIM…

ONLY FOR TRIPLE H TO CLOBBER CENA FROM BEHIND AND MAKE THE SAVE!!!

The commentators are quick to point out that Orton’s plan is still working well to this point, as Triple H and Kennedy now work together to double team Cena. They both continue to beat on Cena, until Bryan Danielson and Paul London nail them with stereo Dropkicks! Danielson focuses on Triple H, and London on Kennedy, as the battle of the behemoths continues in the middle of the ring… WITH BATISTA DRILLING KOZLOV WITH A SPINEBUSTER!!!

Kozlov crawls away to the side of the ring, using the ropes to pull himself up… BATISTA CHARGES AT KOZLOV!!!

SIMILAR TO DYKSTRA EARLIER… KOZLOV CATCHES BATISTA… ATTEMPTING A SIDE BELLY TO BELLY SUPLEX OVER THE TOP!!!

BATISTA HOLDS ON… AND BOTH MEN GET CAUGHT… GOING TUMBLING OVER THE TOP AND TO THE OUTSIDE TOGETHER!!!

ELIMINATION #6 AND #7 – BATISTA AND VLADIMIR KOZLOV

The double elimination gets a HUGE pop from the crowd, but neither man seems to care, as they continue to beat the hell out of each other on the outside. A bunch of WWE officials and referees are forced to run down the ramp, trying to break up the brawl. The carnage seems to distract Zach Ryder, who gets caught up watching, ONLY TO TURN AND BE CLOTHESLINE OVER THE TOP ROPE BY JOHN CENA!!!

ELIMINATION #8 – ZACH RYDER BY JOHN CENA

The mayhem continues, Batista and Kozlov going at it, a tonne of WWE staff members trying to regain order, meanwhile we’ve still got half the participants in the Battle Royal as we head to our final break of the night.

-COMMERCIAL BREAK-

We’re back and we pick up some fast paced action, with Danielson and London working together to hit nearly all competitors with a series of double team moves. This culminates with Finlay trying to intervene but falling victim to a Double Dropkick! The two stalk Finlay as he battles back to his feet… LONDON NAILS FINLAY WITH A SUPERKICK!!!

Finlay staggers backwards… STRAIGHT INTO DANIELSON WHO THROWS HIM OVER THE TOP ROPE!!!

ELIMINATION #9 – FINLAY BY BRYAN DANIELSON

Both members of Priceless are fighting Punk and Morrison, doing some damage with some basic strikes, until both men fight back with forearms. Punk and Morrison then drop Priceless with stereo Step Up Enzuiguris! Both men are right back to their feet, and now Punk and Morrison face off, being no strangers to each other. The fans buzz, an old rivalry renewed as they begin exchanging shots, leading to a fiery kick exchange.

Eventually Punk tries to turn it up a level, throwing a Roundhouse Kick but Morrison ducks the shot. DiBiase then charges at Punk, who ducks a Clothesline, so Morrison kicks DiBiase in the gut and gets him up for a Vertical Suplex… BUT MORRISON INSTEAD OF FINIHSING THE SUPLEXES… PLACES DIBIASE ONTO THE SHOULDERS OF PUNK!!!

PUNK NAILS AN ASSISTED GO TO SLEEP ON DIBIASE!!!

Big time pop from the fans as there’s a sense of uneasiness between Morrison and Punk, but they realise this is a huge chance to break up the conglomerate of Orton’s soldiers working together. Punk and Morrison slowly drag DiBiase… BUT THEY ARE ATTACKED FROM BEHIND BY TRIPLE H AND CHRIS JERICHO!!!

DiBiase is saved momentarily, but H’s attack at least doesn’t last long, when London nails him with a Dropsault! In the corner of the ring, Danielson has Rhodes cornered and is pummelling him with elbows, only for Kennedy to intervene and turn that into a two on one in favour of the heels. Meanwhile, London waits for Triple H to use the ropes to get back to his feet… LONDON RUNS AT TRIPLE H AS HE GETS UP…

TRIPLE H PULLS DOWN THE TOP ROPE… LOW BRIDGING LONDON AND FORCING HIM TO FALL TO THE OUTSIDE!!!

ELIMINATION #10 – PAUL LONDON BY TRIPLE H

That elimination seems to bring a slight pause to the action, as half the participants have now been eliminated. Not only that, but there’s something of five on five stare down in the centre of the ring. All of Legacy, Rhodes, Kennedy and DiBiase, as well as Orton’s other recruits, Jericho and Triple H are on one side. On the other side are Cena, Punk, Morrison, Bourne and Danielson. The tension builds as the stare down continues, the fans making HEAPS of noise… UNTIL THEY ALL MEET IN THE CENTRE AND START A HUGE BRAWL!!!

It's pandemonium for awhile in the centre before opponents begin pairing off and heading to different corners of the ring. Remaining in the centre and battling it out are Kennedy and Evan Bourne. Bourne wins the battle of fists due to his quickness, before looking to send Kennedy into the ropes, but Kennedy sends Bourne instead. Bourne bounces off the ropes, and when he comes back… KENNEDY GETS HIM UP FOR A MODIFIED SPINEBUSTER!!!

BOURNE REVERSES INTO A SNAP HURRICANRANA!!!

Wasting no time, the fired up Bourne drags Kennedy up… AND BOURNE BEGINS WORKING ON TRYING TO HEAVE KENNEDY OVER THE TOP…

WHEN RHODES AND DIBIASE ATTACK BOURNE FROM BEHIND!!!

Having broken free from their opponents, Rhodes and DiBiase begin trying to work on Bourne, who shows tremendous fight, until Triple H gets involved as well. The three on one is to much for Bourne to handle, and the trio overwhelm Bourne… BEFORE THEY WORK TOGETHER TO TOSS HIM OVER THE TOP AND TO THE OUTSIDE!!!

ELIMINATION #11 – EVAN BOURNE BY CODY RHODES, TED DIBIASE AND TRIPLE H

The faces, even though one man down now, manage to regroup and bring the fight to the heels again, as the explosive situation turns into mayhem. As the brawl continues, Triple H tries to support all the other heels, also trying to get them to direct their attention specifically towards Cena, Punk and Morrison. As Triple H is happy leaving Kennedy with Morrison, Morrison explodes with a bunch of big kicks to back up Kennedy.

With Kennedy dazed… MORRISON CHARGES AT HIM WITH A CLOTHESLINE!!!

KENNEDY DUCKS…

BUT MORRISON FOLLOWS THROUGH AND CLOTHESLINE BRYAN DANIELSON OVER THE TOP AND TO THE OUTSIDE!!!

ELIMINATION #12 – BRYAN DANIELSON BY JOHN MORRISON

There’s a moment of celebration by Morrison, happy to get one step closer to victory, until he realises that it’s now only, he, Punk and Cena against Orton’s crew. The heels take over now, beating the hell out of the outnumbered faces… UNTIL JERICHO DECIDES TO HIT PUNK WITH THE CODEBREAKER!!!

With Punk incapacitated, Cena and Morrison go back to back, fighting for their lives… BUT PRICELESS ARE ABLE TO LAND THE MILLION DOLLAR BAILOUT (THINK SNAPSHOT IN THIS UNIVERSE) ON MORRISON!!!

As the others focus on Cena… JERICHO NAILS THE DOWNED MORRISON WITH THE LIONSAULT!!!

It’s absolute domination at this stage, as Priceless work on Cena in the corner, however Cena explodes out of the corner, fighting back. He managed to drop Cody with a right hand, before hammering away on DiBiase, sending him stumbling into the ropes. CENA THEN EXPLODES WITH A HUGE CLOTHESLINE… SENDING DIBIASE BACKWARDS OVER THE TOP ROPE!!!

ELIMINATION #13 – TED DIBIASE BY JOHN CENA

A furious Rhodes recovers just in time to see the elimination of his partner. CODY CHARGES AT CENA… WHO DUCKS AND GETS CODY UP ON HIS SHOULDERS…

FU SENDS CODY CRASHING ONTO DIBIASE… AND MORE IMPORTANTLY… OVER THE TOP AND TO THE OUTSIDE!!!

ELIMINATION #14 – CODY RHODES BY JOHN CENA

In a matter of seconds, a surge of adrenaline has seen both members of Priceless eliminated by Cena! Cena drops back to the canvas after that explosion of energy, feeling the effects of the match so far. Meanwhile, Kennedy climbs up to the top rope… KENTON BOMB CONNECTS ON MORRISON!!!

Instead of allowing Morrison to breathe, Kennedy drags him back up by the hair, and throws him towards Triple H, who kicks him in the gut… PEDIGREE CONNECTS ON MORRISON AS WELL!!!

After the big time move, a recovered CM Punk charges at Triple H and begins backing him up with some big time forearm strikes. As Triple H continues to back up, Kennedy attacks Punk from behind, halting all of his momentum. On the other side of the ring, Cena and Jericho are going at it now, and Cena ducks a wild Clothesline from Jericho… Protobomb connects!!!

A refreshed Cena bounces off the ropes… FIVE KNUCKLE SHUFFLE CONNECTS ON JERICHO!!!

Whilst Kennedy and Punk deal with each other, Triple H has been able to separate himself from that situation and focus on pulling Morrison to his feet. TRIPLE H DRAGS THE LIFELESS MORRISON TO THE ROPES… AND BEGINS TO LIFT HIM OVER THE TOP…

WHEN CENA PULLS TRIPLE H OFF OF MORRISON!!!

Cena begins nailing Triple H with right hands, both men standing next to the ropes… WHEN JERICHO CHARGES AND CLOTHESLINE CENA OVER THE TOP ROPE!!!

BUT SOMEHOW CENA CLINGS ON AND LANDS ON THE APRON!!!

Jericho is trying his hardest to push Cena off of the apron, and Triple H looks to join in, only for Morrison to run over and nail Triple H with a bunch of forearms. The blows momentarily drop Triple H, but Morrison collapses as well, completely out of it after taking heaps of finishing moves not too long ago. Jericho and Cena (on the apron) continue to do battle, until Jericho over extends, trying to push Cena off… AND CENA GETS JERICHO ON HIS SHOULDERS FOR THE FU!!!

BUT JERICHO MANAGES TO SLIDE OFF AND LAND ON THE APRON!!!

Both Cena and Jericho are playing it dangerous now, battling away with right hands, both one fall from being eliminated. As they continue to battle away… PUNK COMES FROM NOWHERE WITH A ROUNDHOUSE KICK TO JERICHO!!!

BUT JERICHO DUCKS…

PUNK CONNECTS ON CENA!!!

CENA SLUMPS DOWN ONTO THE APRON…

TEETERING…

AND HE FALLS TO THE FLOOR!!! HOLY SHIT!!!

ELIMINATION #15 – JOHN CENA BY CM PUNK

Everybody is in complete shock, including Punk who just pauses, unable to believe that he just accidentally eliminated Cena. The one person who still seems to have their wits about them is the smirking Jericho… AS JERICHO GETS A GOOD GRIP ON PUNK AND DRAGS HIM OVER THE TOP ROPE AND ONTO THE APRON!!!

As a dejected Cena walks away, Jericho is in his second battle of survival on the apron in mere moments. Punk beats Jericho to the punch though, hammering away, and Jericho backs into the ring post… PUNK LANDS A MODIFIED VERSION OF HIS CORNER HIGH KNEE!!!

With Punk still on the apron… TRIPLE H CHARGES AT HIM… BUT PUNK SHOWS TREMENDOUS BALANCE AND DROPS HIM WITH A ROUNDHOUSE KICK TO THE SKULL!!!

As Triple H falls, another man lines up as now it’s Kennedy turns to attack… AS KENNEDY HOOKS PUNK UP FOR A VERTICAL SUPLEX!!!

PUNK REVERSES AND GETS KENNEDY UP…

BUT KENNEDY KICKS HIS LEGS DESPERATELY…

AND PUNK IS ONLY ABLE TO PULL KENNEDY OVER THE TOP ROPE BUT THEN PLACE HIM ON THE APRON!!!

With Jericho still recovering, it’s a one on one fight on the apron between Punk and Kennedy, a preview of what’s to come on next week’s edition of Raw. The two trade right hands, neither taking a backwards step… WHEN PUNK GRABS HOLD OF THE ROPES… AND USES LEVERAGE TO LAND A SIDE KICK TO THE HEAD!!!

WHICH SENDS KENNEDY FALLING TO THE FLOOR!!!

ELIMINATION #16 – MR. KENNEDY BY CM PUNK

We’re now down to the final four as Punk, Jericho, Triple H and Morrison remain. In the ring, both Morrison and Triple H are slowly trying to fight their way to the feet. On the apron, Jericho has recovered and he and Punk are trading brutal forearm shots. Finally, Punk gets the better of Jericho, nailing forearm after forearm, UNTIL AN EXHAUSTED TRIPLE H WALKS OVER AND TRIES TO SHOVE PUNK OFF THE APRON…

BUT PUNK CLASPS ONTO TRIPLE H’S ARMS AND USES THEM TO PULL HIM OVER THE TOP ROPE!!!

BEFORE TRIPLE H CAN HIT THE FLOOR THOUGH… KENNEDY GETS IN POSITION TO STOP HIM AND HEAVES HIM BACK ONTO THE APRON!!!

Despite being eliminated, Kennedy manages to save Triple H. H’s prone body is now on the apron, but Punk has no time to react, having to deal with Jericho. Punk stands over Triple H… AS HE GETS JERICHO ON HIS SHOULDERS FOR THE GO TO SLEEP!!!

BUT KENNEDY PULLS ONE OF PUNK’S LEGS OUT FROM UNDER HIM!!!

Punk lets Jericho slide off his shoulders, focusing only on trying to maintain his balance… BUT JERICHO SHOVES PUNK AS HARD AS HE CAN IN THE CHEST…

AND PUNK FALLS TO THE FLOOR!!!

ELIMINATION #17 – CM PUNK BY CHRIS JERICHO

A distraught and furious Punk gets right back up… BUT KENNEDY CREAMS PUNK WITH THE IC TITLE TO THE SKULL!!!

The boos are deafening as the cocky Kennedy poses with his title, before slowly and FINALLY making his way to the back. Enjoying his triumph, Jericho stands on the apron, smirking as he looks down at the fallen Punk… UNTIL TRIPLE H PUSHES JERICHO IN THE BACK FROM BEHIND…

SENDING JERICHO CRASHING FACE FIRST INTO THE RING POST… AND FALLING TO THE FLOOR!!!

ELIMINATION #18 – CHRIS JERICHO BY TRIPLE H

It’s a double cross!!! The plan the WWE Champion Randy Orton had crafted was for Jericho and Triple H to be the final two, but sensing his chance, Triple H just eliminated Jericho early. Triple H poses for the fans, knowing all that’s left now between he and a title shot, is the complete out of it John Morrison. However, they’ve been battling on the apron for awhile now, so as Triple H turns around…

MORRISON RUNS TO THE CORNER…

SPRINGBOARD GAMENGURI CONNECTS TO THE FACE OF TRIPLE H!!!

AND TRIPLE H FALLS OFF THE APRON AND TO THE FLOOR!!!

ELIMINATION #19 – TRIPLE H BY JOHN MORRISON

Winner: John Morrison @ 35:10

The ovation is TREMENDOUSLY loud as an exhausted, battered and beaten Morrison collapses to the canvas. After a hellacious journey in this match, Morrison is victorious and heading to Summerslam to challenge the man he pinned last week, Randy Orton for the WWE Championship.

It takes awhile but eventually Morrison is able to regain his footing and celebrate the biggest win of his career in style. As the celebration continues, things aren’t as happy on the outside of the ring, with a pissed off Triple H kicking the ring steps, before stomping his way to the back.

But the story here is Morrison, who continues to celebrate…

When the WWE Champion RANDY ORTON steps through the curtain, WWE Championship on his shoulder.

Despite his plan not coming together tonight, Orton shows no emotion. Instead, he just stared down Morrison, who stares right back, and signals that the title is coming to him.

The main event of Summerslam continue to stare each other down as the show fades to black.

END OF SHOW

WWE Summerslam
August 16th, 2009
Los Angeles, California
Staples Centre

WWE Championship Match:
Randy Orton (c) defends against John Morrison​

The Visionary

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
I always have believed that WWE had a gem with John Morrison and he never reached his full superstar potential. I hope this is the start of something special. Love the flow of Raw Stojy and already looking forward to a great Summerslam and especially the clash between Randy Orton and John Morrison!!!

Stojy

Reaction score
WWE Saturday Night’s Main Event
August 1st, 2009

It’s almost time for the one featured match of the evening, but just before that, a video package plays, hyping MR. KENNEDY DEFENDING THE INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP AGAINST CM PUNK… THIS MONDAY NIGHT ON RAW!!!

Match Three
CM Punk and Rey Mysterio vs. Mr. Kennedy and Randy Orton

Having the bigger issue with both opponents, a fired Punk opts to start for his team and Mysterio is happy to oblige. A smug Orton decides to start things off for the Legacy team, however the smugness is quickly wiped from Orton’s face, as CM Punk starts with all guns blazing. He keeps Orton off balance with his array of mixed martial arts kicks, until the WWE Champion feels the need to tag in the IC Champ. Unfortunately for Kennedy, it’s the same result as Punk is simply on fire, able to beat Kennedy around the ring as well.

Eventually, Punk decides to make a tag to Mysterio, bring in the masked Luchador, and Rey’s able to use his crazy, high risk, fast paced offence to keep Kennedy at bay. Orton tries to come in and help out, but doesn’t have any luck, charging straight into a Drop Toe Hold! Orton falls and hangs on the middle rope, basically setting himself up for the 619, but before Mysterio can dial it up, he’s intercepted by Kennedy.

Luckily for him, Mysterio ducks the Clothesline attempt from Kennedy and continues to have the better of the exchanges. This did allow Orton to get up and get back onto the apron though. Mysterio and Kennedy have another exchange… AND MYSTERIO LOOKS SET TO NAIL HIS WHEELBARROW BULLDOG!!!

BUT KENNEDY THROWS MYSTERIO OFF OF HIM AND ACROSS THE RING…

MYSTERIO LANDS ON HIS FEET… AND RUNS TO BOUNCE OFF THE ROPES…

STRAIGHT INTO A KNEE TO THE BACK FROM ORTON ON THE APRON!!!

That blow is enough for Mysterio to stagger from the ropes, straight into a high velocity Clothesline from Kennedy. Finally, Kennedy has managed to ground Mysterio, and now he and Orton take their time, focusing on the head and neck of the smallest man in the match. Of course, because they are Legacy, anytime they can taunt Punk and get the referee distracted so that they can cheat and perform illegal double teams, they do that as well.

After an Orton Chinlock initially grounds Mysterio, Rey fights back to his feet. He elbows himself free, before bouncing off the ropes… SWINGING HURRICARANA CONNECTS!!!

The fans urge Mysterio to make the tag as Orton does his best to grab Mysterio’s foot, but REY STILL GETS THE HOT TAG TO PUNK!!!

Much like in the beginning of the match, Punk comes in like a house on fire. He immediately beats the tar out of Orton, and when Kennedy gets involved, Punk starts throwing his unique kicks to clean house off both men. Orton rolls out of the ring for a breather but Kennedy isn’t so lucky, as Punk grabs him and sends him to the corner. PUNK FOLLOWS KENNEDY IN… CORNER KNEE STRIKE CONNECTS!!!

AND PUNK TAKES KENNEDY OUT OF THE CORNER WITH THE BULLDOG!!!

Punk gets straight back to his feet and ascends to the top rope as the fans urge him on. Kennedy fights back to his feet… FLYING CLOTHESLINE OFF THE TOP FROM PUNK CONNECTS!!!

Once again, the relentless Punk is right back to his feet… BUT THIS TIME ORTON COMES FROM NOWHERE WITH A SCHOOLBOY…1…2…NO!!! PUNK KICKS OUT!!!

Both men bounce back to their feet, adrenaline pumping, and Orton swings wildly with a Clothesline. PUNK DUCKS… AND GETS ORTON ON HIS SHOULDERS FOR THE GO TO SLEEP…

GO TO SLEEP CONNECTS ON ORTON!!!

CM PUNK HOOKS THE LEG…1…2…3!!!

NO!!! MR. KENNEDY PULLS CM PUNK OFF OF THE COVER AND TO THE FLOOR!!!

The heat for the illegal save from Kennedy is quite loud from the crowd. On the outside, Kennedy just clobbers Punk with shot after shot, forcing him to collapse to the floor… ONLY FOR MYSTERIO TO COME FROM NOWHERE WITH A FLYING CROSSBODY TO TAKE OUT KENNEDY!!!

Another big time spot gets some nice cheers, as Mysterio uses the crowd barricade to get back and pose to the fans… As we head to a break.

-COMMERCIAL BREAK-

As we get back into the match off of the break, Punk is now the one being isolated in the ring by Kennedy. Our commentators talk about how Mysterio waits patiently on the apron for a tag, whilst the WWE Champion Randy Orton is sprawled on the outside, still trying to recover from the GTS! Kennedy really goes to town, working on the back and mid-section of Punk. He’s relentless as the commentators put over that this might be the most impressive/aggressive they have ever seen Kennedy. According to them, that makes sense as he’ll be trying to soften up Punk ahead of their Intercontinental Title match in two night’s time.

Whilst he’s getting dominated, the one thing Punk shows is resilience, constantly rolling a shoulder up at two, and refusing to give in. Even once Orton has recovered and Kennedy and Orton are able to utilise quick tags to stay fresh, Punk stays in the contest. Eventually Kennedy makes a mistake though, heading to the top rope… AND HE LOOKS FOR THE KENTON BOMB!!!

BUT PUNK ROLLS OUT OF THE WAY!!!

In agony and holding his back, Kennedy slowly makes it up, BUT THE DESPERATE PUNK MEETS HIM WITH A STEP UP ENZUIGURI!!!

With the fans completely behind Punk, both men slowly crawl towards their respective corners, desperate to tag in their partners… BOTH MEN MAKE THE TAGS!!!

Mysterio uses his stiff lower leg kicks, and his quickness to take it to Orton off the tag, and when an exhausted Kennedy comes in for support, he cops it at as well. He keeps both men off balance and eventually rams their heads together, and the meeting of the minds causes both men to collapse to the canvas. Mysterio senses his chance and climbs up to the top rope… MYSTERIO COMES OFF WITH A MOONSAULT…

WHICH CONNECTS ON ORTON!!!

REY STAYS ON TOP FOR THE COVER…1…2…NO!!! ORTON ROLLS A SHOULDER OFF THE MAT!!!

After adjusting his mask, Mysterio brings Orton back up and lands a few solid punches… UNTIL KENNEDY CHARGES AT MYSTERIO!!!

REY SIDESTEPS HIM AND CLEVERLY KICKS KENNEDY’S LEGS OUT…

KENNEDY INADVERTENTLY FLIES THROUGH THE AIR AND KICKS ORTON IN THE BACK!!!

A furious Kennedy is red faces as he gets back up… MYSTERIO CONNECTS WITH A SPRINGBOARD CROSSBODY OFF THE MIDDLE ROPE!!!

This is enough to keep Kennedy down now, before Mysterio spots Orton, and realises he fell in perfect position for the 619 after Kennedy’s inadvertent Dropkick! Rey bounces off the ropes… 619 CONNECTS ON ORTON!!!

Orton falls flat to the canvas, as Mysterio looks ready to land the killer blow from the apron, only to see that Kennedy is back on his feet… PUNK TAKES KENNEDY OUT WITH A SPRINGBOARD FLYING CLOTHESLINE!!!

Still favouring his mid-section after the brutal assault earlier, Punk drops to one knee, which allows for Kennedy to roll underneath the bottom rope. After another deep breath, Punk gets back up and runs off the ropes… TOPE SUICIDA THROUGH THE ROPES TAKES OUT KENNEDY!!!

As this is happening, the fans are at a fever pitch, as Mysterio has waited for the WWE Champion to slowly stumble to his feet. MYSTERIO SPRINGBOARDS OFF THE ROPES… LOOKING FOR THE WEST COAST POP!!!

ORTON DUCKS…

REY LANDS ON HIS FEET…

BUT TURNS STRAIGHT INTO AN RKO!!!

ORTON WITH THE COVER…1…2…3

!!!

Winners: Mr. Kennedy and Randy Orton @ 15:20

A sore Punk gets back into the ring but he is to late, his partner has dropped the fall. Orton immediately rolls out of the ring and helps Kennedy to his feet. The two back up the ramp, grins on their faces now, as they are given their respective titles.

Meanwhile, inside of the ring, Mysterio is still down, and Punk looks frustrated, as Kennedy lets him know that it will be the EXACT same result in two days’ time, Punk losing. We get one last look at the frustrated image of CM Punk before we cut to the next scene…

Reactions: RDT

Stojy

Reaction score
WWE Monday Night Raw
August 3rd, 2009
Mohegan Sun, Pennsylvania

Well, it looks like this weeks episode of Raw is kicking off with a bang…

Match One
WWE Intercontinental Championship Match

Mr. Kennedy (c) defends against CM Punk

There’s no feeling out process in this one as Punk is well and truly sick of constantly being screwed by members of Legacy. It almost seems like he catches Kennedy off guard a little, as he goes straight into attack mode. Punk lands a few right hands, and some kicks, before locking in a variation of a Thai Clinch and drilling Kennedy with some knees to the mid-section as well. The IC Champ struggles with the barrage until he manages to rake the eyes of Punk, allowing himself to break free. Kennedy takes a moment to catch his breath, before turning the tables, now mauling Punk, before dropping him with a Clothesline and stomping all over his head and neck.

After dropping several elbows to the back of Punk’s neck, Kennedy waits for him to get up… KENNEDY CHARGES WITH A CLOTHESLINE… PUNK DUCKS… AND PUNK GOES CRAZY WITH A BARRAGE OF KICKS TO THE BODY OF KENNEDY…

FOLLOWED BY A ROUNDHOUSE KICK TO THE HEAD!!!

The blows enough to send Kennedy staggering to the ropes, and he tumbles through the middle rope and to the outside. He gets back to his feet as soon as he can… WHEN PUNK COMES THROUGH THE ROPES WITH A TOPE SUICIDA!!!

BUT KENNEDY SIDESTEPS THE CONTACT AND PUNK CRASHES AND BURNS!!!

There’s groans from Punk and the fans after the uncomfortable landing, whilst the resourceful Kennedy plans to take advantage. The champion drags Punk up… AND IMMEDIATELY RAMS HIM BACK FIRST INTO THE RING APRON!!!

Punk shrieks in agony and falls to the floor, whilst a relentless Kennedy continues to stomp away on his back, as we head to a commercial break.

-COMMERCIAL BREAK-

Upon returning from the break, the action is back in the ring, and Kennedy continues to have Punk grounded. He continues to work on the back of Punk, which according to the commentators, that’s exactly what he focused on during the break as well. Kennedy shows a little more of his sadistic side as well, pulling Punk’s hair to drag him into forearm shots to the lower back. Punk’s determined to not waste this title opportunity though, and he continues to explode with forearms and kicks to turn the tide, but his back is so fragile, that Kennedy keeps going back to it and it’s effective in shutting Punk down.

After a near fall off of a Backbreaker, Kennedy brings Punk to his feet and lands several right hands, before sending him to the ropes. As Punk bounces off the ropes, Kennedy bends down for a Back Body Drop, but Punk puts on the breaks and kicks Kennedy right in the face. It’s enough for Kennedy to be forced into an upright position… PUNK LANDS A STEP UP ENZUIGURI!!!

Both men remain down after this, as the referee begins the count, but both men are up around the count of seven. Kennedy looks to land a punch, but Punk beats him to the punch, before again using body kicks to back Kennedy up and keep him off balance. After backing Kennedy into the corner, Punk whips him into the opposite corner. Punk follows in, connecting with his big high knee into the corner, and of course, he follows it up with a Bulldog!

Instead of going for the cover after the impactful move, Punk clutches at his back upon landing, still feeling the effects of Kennedy’s offensive focus. The delay in Punk getting to his feet means Kennedy’s right there to meet him, but Punk lands a right hand, followed by a left, followed by a Spinning Back Fist. The blow sends Kennedy bouncing into the ropes, and when Kennedy comes back… PUNK SHOOTS FOR ANOTHER ROUNDHOUSE KICK!!!

KENNEDY DUCKS…

And lands a kick to the gut… KENNEDY RUNS THROUGH PUNK WITH A KNEE LIFT!!!

KENNEDY HOOKS THE LEG…1…2…NO!!!

PUNK KICKS OUT!!!

Kennedy shakes his head at the count, before getting another handful of hair and dragging Punk to his feet. He lands a few more forearms to the back, before sending Punk to the ropes. When Punk comes back… KENNEDY GETS HIM UP FOR A SPINEBUSTER!!!

PUNK REVERSES INTO A SWINGING DDT!!!

Adrenaline is flowing through the body of Punk now, as whilst he feels the pain of his back, he still gets up rather quickly. He drags the dazed Kennedy up… PUNK CONNECTS WITH THE ROUNDHOUSE KICK!!!

As Kennedy crumbles to the canvas, Punk makes the motion with his hands that it’s time to put Kennedy to sleep. Punk then drags Kennedy up… AND GETS HIM ONTO HIS SHOULDERS FOR THE GO TO SLEEP!!!

KENNEDY RAKES THE EYES!!!

It’s enough to force Punk to grab at his eyes, meaning Kennedy gets the opportunity to slide down the back of Punk. With Punk still struggling with his vision… KENNEDY GETS A ROLL UP…

WITH A HANDFUL OF TIGHTS…1…2…NO!!!

PUNK MANAGES TO FIGHT OUT OF IT!!!

Both men are straight back to their feet, and Punk runs at Kennedy, but Kennedy ducks a Clothesline. Punk keeps running though, bouncing off the ropes and coming back… THIS TIME KENNEDY CONNECTS WITH THE SPINEBUSTER!!!

KENNEDY WITH THE COVER…1…2…NO!!!

PUNK JUST ROLLS A SHOULDER OFF THE MAT!!!

On commentary, they put over how the Spinebuster would have more impact than usual due to Punk’s back issues. Kennedy isn’t happy though, as he drags Punk up… KENNEDY GETS HIM IN PLACE FOR THE MIC CHECK!!!

Punk elbows out of it like crazy, and as Kennedy relinquishes his grip… PUNK HOISTS HIM UP FOR A VERTICAL SUPLEX!!!

BUT USES IT TO DUMP KENNEDY ON HIS SHOULDERS FOR THE GO TO SLEEP!!!

PUNK BRINGS KENNEDY DOWN FOR THE GO TO SLEEP!!!

KENNEDY SOMEHOW MANAGES TO LATCH ONTO PUNK’S KNEE… BLOCKING THE KNEE FROM CONNECTING WITH HIS FACE!!!

That means Kennedy manages to land on his feet on the canvas, and he still has a hold of Punk’s leg. CM Punk is hopping around on one foot, showing tremendous balance… WHEN PUNK EXPLODES OFF HIS ONE LEG AND SNATCHES KENNEDY INTO AN INSIDE CRADLE…1…2…3!!!

HE GOT HIM!!!

Winner: CM Punk via pinfall @ 17:02

THE POP IS GIGANTIC!!! The fans are pumped as Punk quickly rolls out of the ring, still favouring his back. The referee jogs around the ring and meets Punk on the outside, presenting him with his newly won Intercontinental Championship.

Whilst Punk has made it clear, he’s chasing the WWE Championship, it’s clear by his celebration that he still cherishes the IC Title. As Punk kisses the belt and shows the fans, an irate Kennedy loses his mind in the ring, storming around and kicking the ropes in frustration.

A smiling Punk nods at Kennedy though, showing him the gold, happy with how things have gone here tonight. We continue to see images of the two men, in completely different moods after the results, as we cut to commercials.

-COMMERCIAL BREAK-
Later on in the night, we get out weekly instalment of TRIPLE H, sitting alone in his locker room, taping his wrists ahead of tonight’s main event. As per the pattern of the last few shows, Triple H is joined in his locker room by the WWE Champion, RANDY ORTON. Not scheduled for action tonight, Orton is in casual clothing, and he nods at Triple H, who nods back, the two of them clearly a little more comfortable with each other after the past few weeks.

Randy Orton: Hunter…

Triple H: Randy.

Randy Orton: I’ll keep this short and sweet. Being that I’m champion and all, I just want you to know that I haven’t lost any of that humility that I’ve always been known for. I came in here tonight to say thank you. I thank you for teaming up with Cody tonight to help get rid of Morrison before Summerslam.

Triple H shakes his head, something triggering him here.

Triple H: I’m not sure I’ve ever seen you show humility, and I don’t care about it either. Let me tell you about the one thing I am sure of, teaming with Cody tonight, I’m not doing that for you. I’m getting my hands on John Morrison because I was embarrassed last week.

A seething Hunter gets to his feet, breathing heavy.

Triple H: As a matter of fact, I should be the number one contender to the WWE Championship right now. I admit, I made a mistake last week. I took my eye off the ball at the end of the Battle Royal. I did something that I don’t normally do, and that’s make a mistake, and because of that, Morrison got lucky.

‘The Game’ looks right in Orton’s eyes, almost like he dares him to say otherwise, but instead the pensive champ nods in agreement.

Triple H: So tonight, I’m going to end him for myself. I’m not doing this for you…

Orton stares at Triple H, really thinking, before shrugging his shoulders.

Randy Orton: That’s fine, I don’t mind your reasons. As long as I get the outcome I want, I’m happy, but what I will do for you, I’m going to show you what Legacy could do for you.

Triple H seems a little confused at that last comment, but he doesn’t get the chance to press further as Orton leaves the room. After a little shake of his head, Trips goes back to getting ready for tonight’s main event…

Later on in the night, we see Todd Grisham standing by the interview set.

Todd Grisham: Ladies and gentleman, please welcome my guest at this time, he is the NEW… WWE INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPION… CM PUNK!!!

A content looking CM Punk steps into screenshot, newly won IC Title placed over his shoulder, as he nods at Grisham.

Todd Grisham: Firstly CM Punk, I want to thank you for your time when you could be enjoying this moment with friends and loves ones. And let me be one of the first to congratulate you on winning the Intercontinental Championship.

Punk smiles at Grisham politely.

CM Punk: Well, thank you, Todd. My disdain for Mr. Kennedy means that I hate to admit, but it was a tough match. Kennedy fought well. It wasn’t easy, I’m beat up, my back is killing me, but nothing good in life comes easy and I’m proud to be the WWE Intercontinental Champion. I’m proud to hold this title and I’m proud to call myself the absolute best wrestler on Raw.

That gives Grisham an idea for another question.

Todd Grisham: I think a lot of the fans out there would agree that you are one of the best wrestlers on Raw, however there are two other men who have a claim to being the absolute best and they will compete at Summerslam for the WWE Championship. Of course, I’m talking about WWE Champion Randy Orton and John Morrison, do you have a prediction for that match.

Punk takes a moment to rub his chin, mulling over his answer a little.

CM Punk: Firstly, we all know the way Randy Orton got the WWE Championship was a load of crap, so WWE Title or no WWE Title, I still consider myself the best wrestler here. As for Orton and Morrison, it’s no surprise that I despite Orton, but I don’t have the best history with Morrison either. It’s safe to say I don’t really like either of them. Taking my personal opinions aside, if I had to pick a winner, based on what I’ve seen from being in the ring with both and the crucial main event experience factor, I’d go with Orton.

Grisham looks surprised by that answer, but Punk pays the reaction no attention.

CM Punk: Now it’s no surprise that I still want and will continue to chase the WWE Title, but I also need to pay this prestigious championship on my shoulder the respect that it deserves. So what I’m going to do is a keep a close eye on the next match. Then once I know who I will be defending the Intercontinental Title against at Summerslam, I’m going to get the hell out of here and find myself an ice bath.

Punk playfully smirks and grabs at his back with the last comment, as Grisham thanks him for his time and sends us back to ringside…

The following match saw BRYAN DANIELSON defeat FINLAY in just over six minutes to qualify to face CM Punk for the Intercontinental Championship at Summerslam.

-COMMERCIAL BREAK-

It’s time for the main event, folks.

Match Five
Cody Rhodes and Triple H vs. John Cena and John Morrison

The big guns start this one out, with Triple H and John Cena going nose to nose. This gets a big ovation from the crowd and they do some basic move trading. Triple H tries to keep it to holds and counter holds, feeling he is the better technical wrestler. He gets frustrated when Cena holds his own, resulting in a few stalemates until Trips tags in Rhodes. With a smirk on his face, Cena backs away and makes the tag to Morrison, letting the two younger talents go at it.

Similar to the elders, Rhodes and Morrison go at it with some chain wrestling, however they have some far more interesting chains than the previous two competitors did. It’s clear Morrison has a strength and speed advantage which holds him in good stead, but Rhodes keeps up with his wrestling knowledge. On commentary, they put over the fact that Rhodes just seems to read each exchange and what’s next a little quicker, and that’s probably due to his upbringing and being Dusty’s kid.

With that being said, Morrison does eventually take over, working on the left arm of Cody. Morrison makes a quick tag to Cena, and they double team Cody, taking turns on wringing his arm, before Morrison is tagged back in. Cena and Morrison are working as a unit rather impressively to this point, however when Morrison sends Cody to the ropes, Cody hands onto the ropes and bails to the outside of the ring.

Being the veteran that he is, Triple H immediately jumps off the apron and meets Cody on the floor. He calms him down and they begin whispering to each other, discussing strategy… WHEN MORRISON TAKES THEM BOTH OUT WITH A CORKSCREW PLANCHA!!!

The first high risk move of the match gets a tremendous pop from the fans, and as Morrison jumps back to his feet, we head to our final break of the evening.

-COMMERCIAL BREAK-

Returning from the break, Morrison and Cena are still isolating Rhodes, working on his left arm and shoulder. Again, our commentators are surprised that they are doing so well against Cody, who is one half of the World Tag Team Champions. After stomping on Cody’s arm a few times, Cena looks to bounce off the ropes, but he does it to close to the opposition’s corner… And Triple H knees him in the back. Cena immediately retaliates, dropping Hunter off the apron with a right hand, but he then turns into a big right armed Clothesline from Rhodes!

Finally, Cody has a moment to catch his breath, before he begins beating the tar out of Cena. Using his tag team knowledge, Rhodes keeps himself between Cena and his teams corner, and continues to beat the hell out of him. Cody is quick to mock Morrison as well, drawing him in so he can then choke Cena, or allow Triple H to come in for a double team. When Trips is the legal man, he beats Cena up as well, showing a slightly more aggressive streak than usual.

We all know Cena for his resilience though and eventually he’s able to retaliate to some right hands from Triple H, with some haymakers of his own. Cena levels things up before even taking the advantage, rocking Trips with multiple right hands in a row, before he bounces off the ropes… FLYING SHOULDERBLOCK FROM CENA TAKES TRIPLE H DOWN!!!

Both men are out of it in the centre of the ring as the referee begins his count to ten. Rather than battle back to their feet, both men are instead intent on crawling to their corner and making the tag. The crowd urge on Cena as Triple H makes the tag to Cody, and then Cena follows up with the tag to Morrison. The number one contender for the WWE Championship continues his hot streak of late, coming in like a house on fire.

Morrison cleans house on Cody and then unloads on Triple H as well, basically dominating a two on one situation. He nails both men with a variety of his big kicks, one causing Rhodes to stagger into the corner. Morrison charges into the corner, landing his own version of the corner High Knee Strike! As a dazed Cody staggers out of the corner… MORRISON NAILS HIM WITH AN STO ACROSS HIS KNEE!!!

He doesn’t get the chance to pin Cody, as he can see Triple H working his way back to his feet on the other side of the ring. Morrison heads to the apron and ascends to the top rope… SHOTGUN DROPKICK CONNECTS TO TRIPLE H!!!

After the rough landing, Morrison gets back up, but Cody clobbers him from behind… CODY LOOKS FOR THE SILVER SPOON DDT!!!

MORRISON TWISTS OUT…

AND LANDS A STEP UP ENZUIGURI!!!

Not wasting anytime now, Morrison drags the dazed Cody back up, SETTING HIM UP FOR THE MOONLIGHT DRIVE…

BUT TRIPLE H TAKES MORRISON’S HEAD OFF WITH THE HARLEY RACE LIKE HIGH KNEE!!!

The air goes out of the arena as Morrison’s run ends, with Triple H planning on finishing things completely. He drags Morrison up by the hair… PUTTING HIM IN POSITION FOR THE PEDIGREE…

CENA INTERRUPTS BY RUNNING THROUGH TRIPS WITH A CLOTHESLINE!!!

The blow sends Triple H down but he’s straight back to his feet… MORRISON NAILS HIM WITH A SPRINGBOARD ENZUIGURI!!!

Somehow, Triple H remains standing, albeit spaghetti legged, and stumbles into a PROTO BOMB FROM CENA!!!

A recovered Cody now charges at Cena with a Clothesline… Cena ducks… and Morrison sends Cody face first into the top turnbuckle with a Hot Shot! As Cody’s leaning in the corner, Cena bounces off the ropes… FIVE KNUCKLE SHUFFLE CONNECTS ON TRIPLE H!!!

After the move, Cena plays to the crowd a little, when Cody comes from nowhere with a huge Dropkick to the back, causing Cena to fall through the ropes and to the outside. A frustrated Morrison runs at Cody… BUT CODY MANAGES TO SIDESTEP HIM AND GET A SCHOOL BOY… WHILST HOLDING THE TIGHTS…1…2…NO!!! MORRISON KICKS OUT!!!

Both men bounce straight back to their feet, and Cody swings wildly with a Clothesline… Morrison ducks… MORRISON GETS CODY UP FOR THE MOONLIGHT DRIVE…

MOONLIGHT DRIVE CONNECTS!!!

MORRISON WITH THE COVER…1…2…3!!!

Winners: John Cena and John Morrison @ 18:23

There’s a loud pop from the fans as John Morrison continues his awesome run to the WWE Championship with another victory here tonight. It doesn’t take long for Cena to join Morrison in the ring, and the two shake hands before celebrating their victory.

The celebration continues, until there’s a commotion at ringside… RANDY ORTON HAS COME FROM THE CROWD AND JUMPED OVER THE CROWD BARRICADE!!!

WWE Title in hand, Orton slides into the ring, and with Morrison to busy playing to the fans… ORTON SMASHES MORRISON ACROSS THE BACK WITH THE WWE CHAMPIONSHIP BELT!!!

Hearing that something isn’t right, Cena instinctively turns around… AND ORTON NAILS CENA WITH THE TITLE TO THE FACE!!!

The heat is enormous as Orton now begins to stomp on both men, until Triple H slides back into the ring. Orton continues to stomp on both Morrison and Cena, but his eyes don’t leave Hunter’s, wondering what his next move will be.

‘The Game’ looks a little confused himself, just staring as TED DIBIASE JR. and MR. KENNEDY make their way from the back and slide into the ring. They help their fallen comrade, Cody to his feet, and now all of Legacy stomps away on Morrison and Cena.

Orton pulls away from the violence to look eye to eye with Triple H, before pulling the hair of Morrison to show Triple H his face. The WWE Champion then pulls Cena’s face off the mat as well, showing Triple H how he is down as well.

Orton then tells Triple… “THIS IS WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU… TAKE YOUR REVENGE FOR LAST WEEK”!!!

Orton signals with his hand for Trips to join in the beating and get his ‘revenge’, and Triple H explodes, beating both Morrison and Cena with right hands. He then ushers for the rest of Legacy to go away, and Trips drags Cena up… TRIPLE H DRILLS WITH CENA WITH A PEDIGREE!!!

Triple H now joins all of Legacy in stomping all over the fallen Morrison, much to the dismay of the audience. This obviously brings a big smile to Orton’s face, as the fans start chanting for ‘BATISTA’, but there’s no sign of any help coming from the back. The commentators mention that after his earlier brawl with Kozlov, Batista isn’t in the arena.

Finally, after the attack goes on and on, Triple H takes the lead again, dragging Morrison up… TRIPLE H DRILLS MORRISON WITH THE PEDIGREE!!!

After the Pedigree, Triple H returns to his feet and Orton pats him on the back. The two gain eye contact again, former mentor and student, and they smile at each other.

With a chuckle, Orton tells Triple H… “THIS IS THE EVOLUTION OF EVOLUTION”!!!

Triple H nods, telling him… “YOU NOW OFFICIALLY HAVE MY ATTENTION”!!!

With plenty of heat reigning down from the fans, Legacy and Triple H continue to celebrate, having a good night.

END OF SHOW

WWE Summerslam

August 16th, 2009
Los Angeles, California
Staples Centre

WWE Championship Match:
Randy Orton (c) defends against John Morrison

WWE Intercontinental Championship Match:
CM Punk (c) defends against Bryan Danielson​

Reactions: Roy Mustang and RDT

Stojy

Reaction score
There won’t always be editions of Superstars in here because I’m not all that interested in forcing myself to write more content than I need to. With that being said, a couple of little segments I just felt like writing before digging in for another episode of Raw.

WWE Superstars
August 6th, 2009
Long Island, New York

During this episode of Superstars, we see a clip from after Raw went off the air. We see all of Legacy alongside Triple H, make their way through the curtain and to the back. Everybody seems in a celebratory mood after their beatdown of John Cena and John Morrison when the WWE Champion Randy Orton takes Triple H aside. With a confident smirk, Orton poses a question to his former mentor.

Randy Orton: That was pretty fun out there, huh? Well, that’s only the beginning if you make the right decision. Are you willing to give me the thumbs up on joining Legacy?

Triple H makes Orton sweat, taking his time to consider his words carefully.

Triple H: I’ve been around this business a long time, and I know not to just jump into things without considering all the elements. After everything we’ve been through, I’m still somewhat hesitant of your motives.

Orton takes a step back and puts his hands up as if to proclaim innocence.

Randy Orton: You have my word that there’s no ulterior motive here. I want Legacy to be the best it can be and that means having you involved. Not only that, but I want to repay all the lessons you taught me. No matter what way I look it, you’re a perfect fit for Legacy.

The conversation ends there as with a lot to think about, Triple H simply turns and leaves. Our WWE Champion is left wondering on just what Triple H’s decision surrounding joining Legacy will be…

Next up we get a pre-taped segment where an unhappy Mr. Kennedy has some words for the camera.

Mr. Kennedy: Since the moment that the referee’s hand slapped the canvas for a third time on Raw, since the moment all the idiots in the stands lost their minds, I’ve been asked the same thing over and over. Mr. Kennedy… Now that you’ve lost the WWE Intercontinental Championship, what’s next for you? What’s next for me? It’s simple, getting my title back. Any unbiased viewer can see that Punk clearly held the tights and cheated to win the Intercontinental Title. Congratulations Punk, but you’ve just unleashed a side of me that you’re not gonna’ like. No catchphrases, no bullshit, I promise to win my title back.

A rather intense and different attitude from Kennedy, as the scene fades away and we head to a commercial break.

-COMMERCIAL BREAK-

Upon returning from the break, we get another pre-taped promo, however this one has an opposite mood to the annoyance of Kennedy. The number one contender to the WWE Championship, John Morrison looks rather content with the position he’s in, and the run he’s currently on.

John Morrison: Since coming back to Raw, I’ve turned a leaf and started following a new philosophy. I’m not gonna’ sit here and talk and talk and talk about all the amazing things I can do. Actions speak louder than words and at Summerslam, I’m gonna’ beat Randy Orton. I’ll do what is written, I’ll fulfill my destiny and I’ll become the WWE Champion.

A confidence and determination exist in the eyes of Morrison that make him an imposing figure as we cut away…

Later on in the night, we get a video package which highlights some of the matches we have to look forward to on next week’s edition of Raw (all of these matches will be written as they will somehow involve our three main characters in one way or another):

~ The new number one contender for the WWE Intercontinental Championship Bryan Danielson vs. ECW’s Dolph Ziggler

~ Priceless will defend their World Tag Team Championships against Paul London and Rey Mysterio

~ CM Punk, John Cena and John Morrison vs. Mr. Kennedy, Randy Orton and Triple H

END OF SHOW

Stojy

Reaction score
WWE Monday Night Raw
August 10th, 2009
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

This week’s episode of Raw is kicking off with one of our featured matches…

Match One
Bryan Danielson vs. Dolph Ziggler (ECW)

They begin with action on the mat, as the commentators promote Ziggler’s amateur wrestling background, but Danielson slowly grinds him down, and ends up dominating the exchanges. ‘The American Dragon’ is able to have his way with Ziggler, stretching him out on the mat in various painful submission holds. Eventually, Ziggler fights his way to his feet as Danielson has a Chicken Wing applied, and Danielson is forced to relinquish his grip. As Danielson’s feet hit the canvas, Ziggler immediately pounces with a poke to the eye, following by a big Standing Dropkick!

As the commentators gush over the athleticism of Ziggler, the fans boo the heelish tactic to gain the opportunity. Annoyed at being schooled in the early exchanges, Ziggler focuses on the neck and head of Danielson with his offence, ensuring ‘AmDrag’ doesn’t have much chance to recover. The assault from Ziggler continues, however the mood in the arena picks up, as THE WWE INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPION CM PUNK makes his way out onto the stage to watch the match.

Punk remains rather stoic as he watches on, with Danielson struggling to get back into the match due to Ziggler’s blatant cheating. Eventually, Danielson does fight back though, shrugging off Dolph and going to town with his patented big kicks to the chest. As Ziggler grabs at his chest, Danielson bounces off the ropes… DANIELSON DRILLS ZIGGLER WITH A FLYING ELBOW SMASH!!!

On instinct, Ziggler is straight back to his feet but Danielson quickly sends him into the corner. Danielson follows in, Forearm Smash in the corner connects… FOLLOWED BY A STEP UP GAMENGURI!!!

As Dolph crumbles to the canvas, Danielson immediately drags him back up… HOOKING HIM FOR THE DRAGON SUPLEX!!!

Ziggler begins desperately throwing elbows, breaking the grip of Danielson. Ziggler then bounces off the ropes and swings for a Clothesline… Danielson ducks… THIS TIME DANIELSON NAILS THE DRAGON SUPLEX!!!

DANIELSON HOLDS THE BRIDGE…1…2…NO!!! ZIGGLER SHOOTS A SHOULDER UP!!!

Ever the competitor, Danielson doesn’t get frustrated, instead looking to turn ZIGGLER INTO THE CATTLE MUTILATION!!!

BUT ZIGGLER EXPLODES AND MANAGES TO ROLL AWAY!!!

Both men jump back to their feet, and Ziggler gets a go behind… AND LEAPS UP FOR THE ZIG ZAG!!!

DANIELSON HOLDS ONTO THE TOP ROPE TO REMAIN STANDING… AND ZIGGLER GOES CRASHING TO THE CANVAS!!!

AND DANIELSON IMMEDIATELY POUNCES WITH THE CATTLE MUTILATION!!!

After a second in the hold, ZIGGLER IMMEDIATELY TAPS OUT!!!

Winner: Bryan Danielson @ 6:47

The fans applaud the impressive effort from Danielson, as he gets up and has his hand raised in victory by the referee. After a few moments, Danielson noticed CM Punk on the stage and points in his direction.

Punk initially smirks as Danielson signals that the Intercontinental Title will be coming to his waist. Suddenly, Punk gets a serious look on his face, raising the title above his head, letting Danielson know he won’t be taking anything without a fight.

The two continue to stare each other down until Punk turns on his heel and walks to the back…

We skip to a little later in the night and it wouldn’t be an episode of Raw without the weekly edition of Triple H getting ready for in ring action in his locker room. Of course, as usual, he’s interrupted by the WWE Champion Randy Orton, the only difference being that this week Orton is dressed for competition as well. This time around Triple H doesn’t get up, instead allowing Orton to sit next to him, perhaps a sign of the two getting more comfortable around each other.

Randy Orton: I haven’t heard anything but I know you’ve been getting close to Cody and Ted. Maybe you’ve had a discussion with them and not me, have you accepted the offer to join Legacy?

Triple H chuckles and shakes his head, confirming that he hasn’t.

Randy Orton: That leads me to my next question, and I’ve told you about my motives. What’s holding you back?

Before ‘The Game’ can respond, the WWE Champion continues.

Randy Orton: I would have thought that I should have earned your trust last week by giving you that assault on Morrison and Cena.

Now Orton pauses, giving Triple H a chance to respond, and he seems to be nodding in agreement with Orton.

Triple H: You’re right, you did earn my trust, but I’m only joining a group that’s at the absolute top. Tonight, the kids are defending their tag titles, and me and you are part of a six man tag, let’s just wait and see how tonight goes. I’m not going to join a group that doesn’t produce results.

Unlike previous weekly interactions between these two, this time Triple H is the one who gets up and walks away, leaving Orton to his own thoughts…

Match Three
World Tag Team Championship

Priceless (c) w/Randy Orton defend against Paul London and Rey Mysterio

Despite portraying their usual arrogance and confidence, the champions are off balance and uncomfortable from the get-go here. London and Mysterio are just far too quick, using their speed advantage a lot in the early stages to bamboozle the champs. Multiple times the champions rush to the outside to regain their composure, as well as being sent tumbling through the ropes with Dropkicks and some awesome stuff from Mysterio.

Eventually, Cody gets a poke to the eye of London and things settle down momentarily, with Cody and DiBiase beginning to work on the arm of London. They isolate him with some quick tags, however when Cody attempts to send him to the ropes, London reverses and sends Cody instead. When Cody comes back up… LONDON DRILLS HIM WITH A HURRICANRANA!!!

London quickly crawls over and makes the tag back to Mysterio, causing DiBiase to immediately charge in and the referee loses control again. Together, London and Mysterio are again able to clean house, taking care of Rhodes and DiBiase, until they decide to bail out to the floor yet again. Instead of getting straight back in, this time Randy Orton mentors them, getting them to slow down and break the momentum of the challengers… ONLY FOR REY REY TO TAKE OUT ALL THREE MEN WITH A SPRINGBOARD CROSSBODY!!!

An epic pop emanates from the audience as Mysterio gets up and pumps his fist, with even London applauding. As Mysterio joins his partner back inside of the ring, the two are firmly in control as we cut to a break.

-COMMERCIAL BREAK-

When we return from the break, it looks like London is in control of Cody, but then Rhodes nearly takes his head off with a huge Clothesline! And that’s the game changer, as Cody smartly drags London towards his corner, and now Priceless are able to successfully isolate London. The champions work on the head and neck of London, quite severely and viciously, moving very calculatedly. The commentators note that they look to be taking more and more from their mentor, and Orton definitely looks pleased on the outside of the ring.

Eventually, DiBiase sends London into a corner, and then follows in with a shoulder charge of sorts, but London avoids contact. Ted crashes into the corner… AND THEN TUMBLES STRAIGHT INTO A DROPSAULT FROM LONDON!!!

There is no pinfall from London, as he rolls of DiBiase and immediately begins crawling towards his corner. With plenty of encouragement from the fans, London continues on his way, as DiBiase does the same, and both men makes the tag to their fresh partners. Even though he makes the tag, DiBiase doesn’t get out of the ring, so Mysterio is forced to take on both men. Considering his freshness and his pace, he’s able to keep both men at bay with his high flying, unique offence.

The frustration in Cody builds and he ends up uncontrollably charging at Mysterio, but Mysterio drops down and lands a Dropkick to the knee! The blow causes Rhodes to fall across the middle rope… SO MYSTERIO BOUNCES OFF AND LOOKS FOR THE 619!!!

CODY CATCHES THE LEGS OF MYSTERIO!!!

Rhodes shows tremendous strength, keeping hold of the legs of Mysterio and lifting him through the ropes and back into the ring… WHEN MYSTERIO COUNTERS WITH A FLYING HEADSCISSORS!!!

Cody tumbles across the ring but is quickly back up, with the help of DiBiase… BUT LONDON TAKES DOWN BOTH MEN WITH A CROSSBODY!!!

This time it’s Ted Jr. who is the first to get back to his feet for the champions… BUT MYSTERIO TAKES HIM DOWN WITH A SPRINGBOARD SEATED SENTON!!!

A dazed DiBiase needs a breather, rolling to the outside… AS LONDON HITS CODY WITH A JUMPING ENZUIGURI!!!

Cody falls into the ropes yet again, but meanwhile, DiBiase has regained his composure on the outside. Seeing this, London sprints across the ring… BASEBALL SLIDE DROPKICK!!!

DIBIASE AVOIDS THE SHOT…

LONDON’S MOMENTUM TAKES HIM TO THE OUTSIDE…

AND DIABIASE DRILLS LONDON WITH A DREAM STREET ON THE CONCRETE FLOOR!!!

There are some groans from the audience as London is out of commission after that, but there’s plenty happening inside of the ring as well. Mysterio bounces off the ropes… THIS TIME THE 619 CONNECTS ON CODY!!!

Mysterio is primed on the apron, ready to deliver the killer blow, when DiBiase grabs his leg from the floor. Mysterio manages to shrug his foot away, and land a vicious Roundhouse Kick to know DiBiase to his knees. Mysterio now turns back to see Cody staggering to his feet… MYSTERIO SPRINGBOARDS IN THE RING FROM THE TOP ROPE…

STRAIGHT INTO A DROPKICK IN MID AIR FROM CODY!!!

Big time move from Rhodes, who is back up quickly, dragging Rey with him… CROSS RHODES CONNECTS!!!

CODY HOOKS THE LEG…1…2…3!!!

Winners: Priceless @ 15:45

The fans aren’t happy as Cody makes his way up and punches his fist in the air in celebration. It isn’t long until DiBiase and Orton join him in the ring, World Tag Team Titles in hand. Ted has his in possession when Orton hands over the other strap to Rhodes, letting him know how impressed he was with him tonight.

Orton actually lifts Cody up in a seated position on his shoulders, parading him around the ring to celebrate the impressive performance. With a toothy grin, Orton shoots a thumbs up and a proud DiBiase does one too. Meanwhile, Cody continues to smile amongst the heat from the fans, enjoying the moment as he remains one half of the World Tag Team Champions…

Later on in the night, our commentators announce a HUGE eight-man tag team match which has been booked for Summerslam:

Cody Rhodes, Mr. Kennedy, Ted DiBiase Jr. and Triple H vs. John Cena, Kofi Kingston (ECW), Paul London and Rey Mysterio

We’re now at the interview set where Todd Grisham is standing by.

Todd Grisham: Ladies and gentleman, please welcome my guest at this time, he is the number one contender for the WWE Championship… JOHN MORRISON!!!

An understated John Morrison steps into shot. He politely nods at Todd, no flash about him, as he looks extremely focused.

Todd Grisham: John, we heard from you quite briefly on Superstars where you talked about you will fulfill your destiny and become the WWE Champion at Summerslam. You seem to be keeping your emotions in check at this point, is there anymore you can reveal to enlighten us on exactly how you feel?

Wow. Todd asks a decent question. Morrison mulls over his words for a few moments.

John Morrison: I feel confident and I feel ready, but if you’re looking for me to get all emotional, it isn’t going to happen. Randy Orton is to dangerous to allow myself to get emotional, so instead at Summerslam… I’m going to treat it like any other match and I’m going to come through on all my potential and promise. Those words potential and promise don’t mean a hell of a lot to me, but when I fulfill my destiny people won’t talk about my potential, they’ll talk about me… As the WWE Champion!

Short, sharp and focused from Morrison, who leaves the shot, knowing he still has to compete in the main event of tonight’s edition of Raw…

Match Five
CM Punk, John Cena and John Morrison vs. Mr. Kennedy, Randy Orton and Triple H

Before the bell rings to officially start the contest, there’s some issues between the babyface team. Once they are all inside of the ring together, Punk and Morrison go nose to nose, reliving their fiery feud and dislike for each other. Ever the mediator, Cena is forced to get in between them, calming them down as he reminds them that their opponents are on the other side of the ring. Speaking of which, the heels all laugh it up and seem pretty cocky after seeing the issues with the face team.

It turns out to be a non-event once the action starts though, with each man wanting to get the victory no matter what. As per the trend of each time they get involved in a tag match together, not only has Orton banned Cena from a future WWE Title match as long as he’s champion, but he also refuses to engage with Cena. Each time Orton is in the ring and Cena becomes legal, Orton heads for the hills, frustrating the hell out of Cena.

In the early stages, Punk and Morrison do most the work for their team, taking turns kicking the life out of Kennedy. Kennedy manages to escape and hurry to his corner, tagging in ‘The Game’ and he gets right in Punk’s face, only for Punk to slap him. That infuriates Trips, who runs at Punk, but Punk cleverly takes him down with some Arm Drags, outwrestling the angry veteran. After his fun with Triple H is over, Punk tags Morrison back into the ring.

Morrison keeps Triple H on the defensive, until Orton sends Kennedy charging into the ring, but Morrison catches Kennedy with a Dropkick! Orton tries to be a little more strategic in terms of sneaking in, but Morrison catches him with a Dropkick as well! Triple H has gotten back to his feet now, but he’s sent down with a Dropkick! The fans cheer loudly for Morrison cleaning house, as all three heels roll to the outside to regroup.

With a spring in his step, Morrison looks to bounce off the ropes, ready for some sort of dive to the outside… BUT BEFORE HE CAN… CM PUNK TAKES OUT ALL THREE OPPONENTS WITH A TOPE SUICIDA!!!

Morrison’s forced to put on the breaks and he doesn’t look overly impressed, meanwhile Punk battles up, and rolls Triple H back into the ring. As Punk gets applause from the fans on the outside, and Morrison goes to work on Triple H on the inside, we cut to our final break of the evening.

-COMMERCIAL BREAK-

Upon returning, we find out that Triple H managed to tag himself out during the break, but it hasn’t changed his team’s fortunes. The only difference is now Kennedy is the one being worked over by Cena, Punk and Morrison. Whilst they are on the advantage, it’s still very clear to see the tension between Punk and Morrison, with Cena constantly having to get them to snap out of it. Their dislike tends to be their undoing, as Morrison gets tagged in by Punk rather roughly.

Before focusing on Kennedy, Morrison stares down Punk, until Cean reminds him that he has a match to win. Morrison then turns towards Kennedy, sending him to the ropes, but a recovered Kennedy bounces back with a big Clothesline! Sensing this is his chance to change things up, Kennedy roughly grabs Morrison by the hair and drags him into his own teams corner.

From here, the heels are able to dominate, isolating Morrison away from the safety of his teammates. Whilst all three men do some damage to Morrison, Orton does the most as it’s clear he’s being extra vicious and violent. On commentary, they point out the reason for Orton’s assault is to try and injure Morrison before their title match at Summerslam in six days’ time.

The beat down on Morrison continues until Kennedy gets back in. He drags Morrison back to his feet and whips him into the ropes, before landing a huge punch to his stomach. As Morrison is hunched over, Kennedy charges at him with a Knee Lift… Morrison avoids it… AND MORRISON NAILS HIM WITH A BIG JUMPING ENZUIGURI!!!

Both men remain down on the canvas, heavy breathing and recovering, until they both crawl to their teams corners, and they both make tags. Cena is in for the faces and Triple H is in for the heels. They meet in the centre of the ring, and Cena beats Triple H to the punch, keeping him at bay with right hands. Kennedy tries to intervene, and Cena starts busting him up with his custom haymakers.

As Cena focuses on Triple H yet again, Kennedy looks to attack him from behind, the numbers game catching up on Cena… WHEN PUNK TAKES KENNEDY DOWN WITH A SPRINGBOARD FLYING CLOTHESLINE!!!

Punk bounces back to his feet, but immediately gets snapped with a Dropkick from Orton! As Orton gets back to his feet though… HE GETS SPEARED TO THE CORNER BY CENA!!!

Cena finally gets his hands on Orton!!! Cena hammers away at Orton in the corner, having him trapped, before eventually sending him to the ropes… When Orton comes back, Cena takes him up and over with a Back Body Drop! With Orton down now, Cena goes back to Kennedy, hoisting him up in the air… PROTO BOMB CONNECTS!!!

With a spring in his step, Cena bounces off the ropes… LOOKING FOR THE FIVE KNUCKLE SHUFFLE!!!

TRIPLE H INTERRUPTS WITH THE HARLEY RACE HIGH KNEE!!!

Cena goes down but Triple H immediately drags him in position FOR THE PEDIGREE…

BUT MORRISON NAILS TRIPS WITH A MISSILE DROPKICK FROM THE TOP ROPE!!!

Punk has now recovered, sliding back into the ring, and he notices that Kennedy and Triple H are slumped against the turnbuckles in opposite corners. Punk and Morrison look at each other, nodding, and they both charge into separate corners… STEREO CORNER KNEE STRIKES CONNECT!!!

After connecting on Triple H, Punk takes Triple H out of the corner with a Bulldog! Meanwhile, Morrison drags Kennedy over to where Triple H has been dropped… MORRISON DROPS KENNEDY WITH AN STO ONTO TRIPLE H!!!

As Kennedy and Triple H remain stacked on each other, Cena bounces off the ropes… FIVE KNUCKLE SHUFFLE CONNECTS!!!

The WWE Champion is back up now and Orton stumbles over… AND CENA GETS HIM IN POSITION FOR THE FU!!!

WHEN CODY RHODES AND TED DIBIASE RAN DOWN THE RING AND JUMP UP ONTO THE APRON!!!

Punk and Morrison immediately run to the apron, knocking both interfering intruders off the apron. But when Morrison turns back to the centre of the ring… KENNEDY CATCHES HIM WITH THE MIC CHECK!!!

Meanwhile, Orton has managed to squirm down the back of Cena, and Cena turns around… ORTON CONNECTS WITH THE RKO!!!

Trying to continue the momentum, KENNEDY HOOKS PUNK UP FOR THE MIC CHECK!!!

Punk elbows out of it… PUNK GETS KENNEDY UP AND DRILLS HIM WITH THE GO TO SLEEP!!!

A determined Cody Rhodes jumps back onto the apron again, but Punk knocks him off with a huge Roundhouse Kick! As Punk yells at Cody to stay out of it, Orton comes from behind and throws Punk over the top rope and to the outside. Orton cockily dusts his hands clean in a show of arrogance, before turning… INTO A SPRINGBOARD ENZUIGURI FROM MORRISON!!!

After the big blow, Orton rolls out to the floor, leaving Morrison to turn his attention towards Triple H, who is in pain, leaning against the corner of the ring. He shrugs as if to say Triple H isn’t a threat right now… AND MORRISON EXPLODES WITH A CORKSCREW PLANCHA… TAKING OUT ALL THE COMPETITIORS AND PRICELESS ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE RING!!!

The fans mark out for the big move, but inside of the ring, things aren’t as rosy. Cena has barely recovered from the RKO he received earlier, when Triple H staggers out of the corner… PEDIGREE CONNECTS ON CENA!!!

TRIPLE H WITH THE COVER…1…2…3!!!

Winners: Mr. Kennedy, Randy Orton and Triple H @ 19:12

Boos greet the result of the match as Triple H gets up and stands tall in the middle of the ring. ‘The Game’ celebrates for a few moments, until Morrison slides back into the ring, unsure of exactly what happened. Before he can figure it out… ORTON IS BACK IN AND HE CLOBBERS MORRISON FROM BEHIND!!!

Morrison stumbles and looks set to respond… BUT THEN PRICELESS JOIN ORTON… AND IT’S A THREE ON ONE BEATDOWN ON MORRISON!!!

They’re like rabid dogs, refusing to let up for a second, WHEN PAUL LONDON AND REY MYSTERIO BEGIN RUNNING TOWARDS THE RING!!!

Orton spots them immediately and barks instructions… SO RHODES AND DIABIASE HEAD OFF LONDON AND MYSTERIO ON THE RAMP!!!

Orton continues to put in work on Morrison inside of the ring, whilst on the ramp, Priceless, London and Mysterio battle through the curtain and to the back.

CM Punk slides back into the ring now, and he surprisingly comes to the defence of Morrison. Working as a unit, Punk and Morrison fend off Orton and Triple H with kicks… UNTIL KENNEDY COMES FROM BEHIND WITH A LOW BLOW TO PUNK!!!

As Orton keeps Morrison busy… TRIPLE H POUNCES WITH THE PEDIGREE ON PUNK!!!

It’s now Orton, Triple H and Kennedy against Morrison. The number one contender gives it all, fighting for his life, and he’s initially able to fend off all three adversaries with kicks. After spending a little to long focusing on Triple H and Kennedy though…

MORRISON TURNS INTO AN RKO FROM ORTON!!!

Kennedy and Triple H continue to stomp all over Morrison, as Orton heads to the outside and grabs a hold of his WWE Championship. Once Orton’s back in, Kennedy pulls Morrison up, holding him in place… ORTON NAILS MORRISON IN THE FACE WITH THE TITLE!!!

With a sneer, Orton then sends a message, standing over Morrison and raising the WWE Title above his head. The fans despise this moment, however Triple H nods appraisingly, seemingly impressed with the way things have gone tonight.

Noticing this, and with a tinge of impatience in his tone, Orton blatantly asks ‘The Game’…

“ARE YOU IN… OR OUT”?

All eyes are on Triple H now…

What will his answer be?

But before he can respond…

The show fades to black…

END OF SHOW

WWE Summerslam

August 16th, 2009
Los Angeles, California
Staples Centre

WWE Championship Match:

CM Punk (c) defends against Bryan Danielson

Eight Man Tag Team Match:
Cody Rhodes, Mr. Kennedy, Ted DiBiase Jr. and Triple H vs. John Cena, Kofi Kingston, Paul London and Rey Mysterio​

Stojy

Reaction score
The next post in here will be Summerslam so thought I’d allow anybody who is interested the chance to leave some predictions on our featured matches.

PREDICTIONS CONTEST:

WWE Summerslam

August 16th, 2009
Los Angeles, California
Staples Centre

WWE Championship Match:

CM Punk (c) defends against Bryan Danielson

Eight Man Tag Team Match:
Cody Rhodes, Mr. Kennedy, Ted DiBiase Jr. and Triple H vs. John Cena, Kofi Kingston, Paul London and Rey Mysterio

Bonus Questions:
1. Will Triple H make a decision on joining Legacy tonight?
2. Which featured match will be first to air?
3. Which match will be the longest?
4. Who will gain the fall in the Eight Man Tag Team match?
5. Who will drop the fall in the Eight Man Tag Team match?​