WWE - 2009 Onwards

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

imported_Eugster

Reaction score
World Wrestling Entertainment
wwe_logo_white.gif

Monday Nights
RawLogo.png

On Screen Talent
General Manager - Vickie Gurrero
Commentators - Michael Cole & Jerry 'The King' Lawler
Backstage Interviewer - Todd Grisham
Ring Anouncer - Lillian Garcia

Roster
Batista
Charlie Hass
Christian
Cody Rhodes
John Cena
JTG
Kane
Kofi Kingston
Mike Knox
Mr. McMahon
Randy Orton
R-Truth
Santino Marella
Shad
Shane McMahon
Shawn Michaels
Sim Snuka
Triple H
Tyson Kidd
Umaga
William Regal

Stable's
Legacy (Randy Orton, Ted DiBiase & Cody Rhodes

Championship's
World Heavyweight Champion - John Cena
Intercontinental Champion - Umaga
Unified WWE Tag Team Champions - The Colons

Tuesday Nights
ECW.png

On Screen Talent
General Manager - Theadore Long
Commentator's - Todd Grisham & Matt Striker
Backstage Interviewer - Eve Torres
Ring Anouncer - Tony Chimel

Roster

DJ Gabriel
Finlay
Goldust
Hornswoggle
Jack Swagger
Jamie Noble
John Morrison
Kung Fu Naki
Mark Henry
Mr. Kennedy
Paul Burchill
Ranjin Singh
Ricky Ortiz
The Great Khali
The Miz
Tommy Dreamer
Vladimir Kozlov

Stable's
Finlay & Hornswoggle
Mark Henry & Tony Atlas

Championship's
ECW Championship - Jack Swagger

Friday Nights
wwf-smackdown-logo.jpg

On Screen Talent
General Manager - Unknown
Commentator's Jim Ross & Unknown
Backstage Interviewer - Eve Torres
Ring Anouncer - Justin Roberts

Roster
Big Show
Carlito
Chavo Gurrero
Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Curt Hawkins
DH Smith
Dolph Ziggler
Edge
Evan Bourne
Ezekiel Jackson
Festus
Hurricane Helms
Jeff Hardy
Jesse
Jimmy Wang Yang
John Cena
Matt Hardy
Montel Vontavious Porter
Primo
Rey Mysterio
Shelton Benjamin
The Brian Kendrick
Undertaker
Zack Ryder

Stable's
The Great Kahli & Ranjin Singh

Championship's
WWE Champion - Triple H
United States Champion - Montel Vontavious Porter

Multi Branded Tag Teams
Cryme Tyme (Shad & JTG)
Jesse & Festus
John Morrison & The Miz
Legacy (Ted DiBiase & Cody Rhodes
The Brian Kendrick & Ezekiel Jackson
The Colons (Carlito & Primo)
Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins

WrestleMania 25
Triple H def. Randy Orton to retain the WWE Championship

John Cena def. Edge & Big Show to win the World Heavyweight Championship

Undertaker def. Shawn Michaels to become 17-0 at WrestleMania

Rey Mysterio def. John Bradshaw Layfield to win the Intercontinental Championship

Matt Hardy def. Jeff Hardy in an Extreme Rules match

Chris Jericho def. Ricky Steamboat, Jimmy Snuka & Roddy Piper (with Ric Flair)

The Colons def. John Morrison and The Miz to unify the Tag Team Championship's in a lumberjack match

CM Punk def. Kane, Mark Henry (with Tony Atlas), Montel Vontavious Porter, Shelton Benjamin, Kofi Kingston, Christian & Finlay (with Hornswoggle)

Monday Night Raw 6/9/2009
Randy Orton came out to the ring and reminds eveyone that Triple H used a sledgehammer illegaly to gain the victory last night. Orton says that last night counted for nothing and that he is owed a rematch by the WWE. He says that there will be a problem if any of the McMahon's try to get in his way of becoming champion. He reminds us of everything he has done to the McMahon's. Maybe he attends a McMahon family outing. He says that he hasn’t seen Linda in a while. Why not introduce himself to the McMahon grandkids.

Mr. McMahon comes out to the ring visably angered at what Randy has said. He tells Orton that he's not getting a rematch. ince says that Randy will get some backlash and it will take place at Backlash. It will be when he is in the ring with Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase. They will face ‘his son-in-law’ Triple H, ‘his son’ Shane McMahon, and Vince McMahon.

Orton claims Vince will hide behind Shane and Hunter while Vice says Orton is terrefied when Rhodes and DiBase aren't behind him. Vice calls Randy a failure. Orton suggests that he and Vice go one on one tonight. Orton says that he might as well have his Wrestlemania moment a day late when he puts Vince down. Randy asks Vince if he wants the match. Vince says that Randy might put him down or put him in a coma, but he has his match.

The Colons def. John Morrison and The Miz to retain the Unified WWE Tag Team Championship's in a lumberjack match

We see Vince in his office and he is getting ready for his match. Shane enters and he says that Backlash is supposed to be a six man tag. Vince says that he knows. He says that he never backs down from a challenge. Vince says that he needs a couple minutes and then he tells Shane that he knows that if Rhodes and DiBiase get involved, Shane has his back. Vince wants Orton.

Dolph Ziggler def. Charlie Hass

Shane McMahon is walking in the back and he sees his brother-in-law in the locker room. Shane says that he was trying to talk some sense into dad. Shane suggests that Hunter talk some sense to dad. Hunter says that he will try.

William Regal def. Goldust

Triple H enters the McOffice and Vince will not listen to anything that Hunter has to say. Hunter says that Vince is the most stubborn and obnoxious SOBs he has ever met but he is proud of Vince. Hunter tells Vince to finish it.

We go to a slide show of Wrestlemania 25th Anniversary.

Legacy are standing in the hallway and they give the same awesome promo they did at Wrestlemania.

Jeff Hardy, CM Punk, Ricky Steamboat, John Cena & Rey Mysterio def. Edge, Big Show, Matt Hardy, Kane & Chris Jericho

We are back and Vickie Guerrero comes out and she is in her wheelchair with Chavo Guerrero. Vickie says that when the board of directors asked her to be the interim General Manager of Raw in addition to the role of General Manager of Smackdown. After Wrestlemania, she would have the opportunity to be the general manager of one show, but not both. Vickie says that with the draft next week, a decision had to be made. Vickie says that she is now the permanent General Manager for Raw. She says that Raw has become stale and stagnant. Vickie says that she will bring a degree of professionalism. Vickie announces that her manager Edge will get a mandatory rematch against John Cena for the title at Backlash. She says that it is her husband’s last chance at regaining his championship. As far as the WWE Championship match goes, the six man tag match will be a title match. If Team McMahon wins, then Triple H keeps the title. If Team Legacy wins, Randy Orton wins the title. Vickie thanks everyone for welcoming her as the General Manager.

Vickie has another announcement to make and it interrupts Cole and Lawler. Vickie says that the match between John Cena and Edge will be a Last Man Standing Match.

Randy Orton def. Mr. McMahon via DQ

Orton was about to punt Vince in the head after an RKO but Shane McMahon made the save causing McMahon to get disquialified. Shane attacks Orton but DiBiase and Rhodes stop Shane’s attack. It turns into a three-on-one attack on Shane. Triple H comes out and he clotheslines Rhodes and punches DiBiase before sending Ted into the ringside barrier.

Hunter and Orton fight in the ring and Hunter with a clothesline. Hunter punches Orton but DiBiase and Rhodes stop Hunter. Orton punches Hunter while Cody holds him. DiBiase hits the Million Dollar Slam on Shane. While Legacy continues the attack, Batista’s music plays and he is back. Batista spears Orton and then he clotheslines DiBiase over the top rope and then he hits a spinebuster on Rhodes. Rhodes escapes before Batista can hit the Batista Bomb, but Hunter sends him back in. Batista hits the Batista Bomb on Rhodes.

Vince gets on the mic and he says that he won’t make it to Backlash, so his replacement is Batista.

WWE Pay Per View Schedule
April 26, 2009 Backlash Dunkin' Donuts Center Providence, Rhode Island[16]
May 17, 2009 Judgment Day Allstate Arena Rosemont, Illinois
June 7, 2009 Extreme Rules New Orleans Arena New Orleans, Louisiana
June 28, 2009 The Great American Bash Arco Arena Sacramento, California
July 26, 2009 Night of Champions Wachovia Center Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
August 23, 2009 SummerSlam Staples Center Los Angeles, California
September 13, 2009 Unforgiven Bell Center Montreal, Quebec
October 4, 2009 No Mercy Mellon Arena Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
October 25, 2009 Cyber Sunday Izod Center East Rutherford, New Jersey
November 22, 2009 Survivor Series Verizon Center Washington, D.C.
Unknown Armageddon Unknown
Unknown No Way Out Unknown
Unknown Royal Rumble Unkown
March 28, 2010 WrestleMania XXVI University of Phoenix Stadium Glendale, Arizona

wwerko619

Reaction score
Well, not much to say yet, but pretty much what is happening right now in WWE lol. Ok, il take a look at your first show, good luck man!

The Anigma

Reaction score
It's WWE. Not much else to comment on.

imported_Eugster

Reaction score
This is quite short only because I want to get to the draft quickly.
ECW 7/4/2009
ECW.png

The same photo package of WrestleMania 25 that aired on Raw air's. Don't Question My Heart plays over the speakers as the cameras scans through the crowd. Todd Grisham and Matt Striker welcome us to the show. Get On Your Knee's hit's the PA interupting Grisham. 'ECW Champion' Jack Swagger walks to the ring getting plenty of heat as he looks through the crowd. He's in a suit, with the ECW championship over his shoulder and, with a microphone in hand.

Jack Swagger: As you all know there was no ECW Championship match at WrestleMania Sunday night. You wanna know why that was the case......it's because there was no one to face me, they were eithar to scared or were already beaten by me.

Huge Heat

Jack Swagger: You can boo all you want, but it dosn't change a thing. In the end of the day I'll still go home ECW Champion and everyone coward in the back will still go home cowards.

Heat

Axeman hits the speakers as Evan Bourne walks onto the ramp to a huge pop. Bourne carries a microphone in hand, as he slides in the ring getting a angry look form Swagger. Bourne walks around Swagger making angryer every second.

Jack Swagger: What do want?

Evan Bourne: I think it's pretty obvious I want that championship hanging over your shoulder. And scene as your complaining that no one will face you, surely you'd be delighted to put you championship on the line....toinght.

Pop

Jack Swagger: I be happy to fight you tonght

Huge Pop

Jack Swagger: But you gotta earn a shot at my title.

Heat

Evan Bourne: I'll earn a shot no problem.

Jack Swagger: You gotta talk to Teddy Long about that.

Swagger rolls out of the ring putting his hands in the air as if to say it's not my fault. Bourne shakes his head at Swagger as the crowd boo Jack. Grisham and Striker talk about The Colons defeating John Morriosn and The Miz before our opening contest begins.

John Morrison (with The Miz) vs. Ricky Ortiz

This was an average match, Morrison dominated most of the match. Ortiz got a some offense in and even tried to hit his finisher but Morriosn russeled out of it. Morrison then hit an enziguri kick before setting himself up in front of the ropes. When Ortiz got to his feet, Morriosn springboarded of the ropes in an attempt to hit a dropkick but Ricky ducked leaving John to crash to the mat. Ortiz picked John up and delivered a german suplex, he got the crowd to rally behind him as he climed to the top rope. Ricky waited for Morrison to stand up before diving off the top rope only to crash to the floor after Morrison rolled out of the way. John then grabed Ortiz's head and hits the Moonlight Driver to pick up the win.
Winner - John Morrison (with The Miz)

Commercial Break

When we come back we can see Evan Bourne entering Teddy Long's office.

Evan Bourne: To put in simply Teddy.....I want a shot at Swagger.

Teddy Long: I though that was why you're here.....Evan I won't just give you a shot, but I will but you in a number one contender's match tonight.

Evan Bourne: That's fine. Who am I beating?

Teddy Long: You are facing.....Mark Henry. Whoever wins will face Jack Swagger at Backlash.

Bourne dosn't look thrilled as he leaves Teddy's office. We switch back to the arena as Todd and Matt plug the number one contender's match.

Tommy Dreamer vs. Tyson Kidd

This was a pretty good match, it was even throught out. Dreamer had the advantage as he whiped Kidd into the cornor, Tommy then ran at Tyson driving his elbow into Kidd's face. Tyson has on his kness as Tommy went to the second rope, Kidd got to his feet only to be hit by a double axe handle. Dreamer then picked Tyson and attempted to deliver the Dreamer Drive but Tyson scrambled out. Kidd then quickly hits a jumping kick to the side of Dreamer's head, kncking him to the floor. Tyson then jumped over the ropes before delivering a springboard elbow to take the win.
Winner - Tyson Kidd

Commercial Break

When we come back Christian can be seen walking into the locker room only to find Hornswoggle rooting through his bag. Christian quickly goes over to him and grabs him by the jacket.

Christian: What the hell are you doing?

Horny dosn't respond but Finlay walks into the picture not looking very happy.

Finlay: Get you hands off my son?

Chrstian realeses Hornswoggle.

Christian: Tell you 'rat' to stay out of my stuff.

Finlay: Did you just cal my son a 'rat'?

Christian: I sure did.

Both men get stand nose to nose

Finlay: Put your hands on my son again and you'll regret it.

Christian gives Finlay and Honrswoggle an angry look before he walks away.

ECW Championship Number One Contender's Match
Evan Bourne vs. Mark Henry (with Tony Atlas)

This was a decent match, Evan showed why they call him 'AirBourne' while Henry showcased his strength. Bourne had the advantage as he kicks the legs of Henry causing the 300 pounder to fall to his knees. Evan quickly jumps over the ropes and when Henry got to his feet, Bourne delivered a springboard dropkick. The crowd rally behind Bourne as he goes to the top rope, he waits for Mark to get up and when he does he dives off the ropes looking for a crossbody, but Henry shows us why they call him 'The World's Strongest Man' by catching Bourne in mid air. Henry then delivers he signature World's Stongest Slam followed by a cover 1, 2, Bourne kicks out just before 3 to the amazment of Henry. Mark then picks Evan up and tries another WSS but Bourne somehow manages to twist it into a DDT. The crowd cheer Bourne as he goes to the top rope, Evan then delivers his signature Shooting Star Press and covers, 1, 2, 3.
Winner - Evan Bourne

Jack Swagger who was doing guest commentary stood up and stared in at Bourne who in turn stared back at him as the show goes off the air.

End Of Show

Quick Results
Evan Bourne def. Mark Henry (with Tony Atlas)
Tyson Kidd def. Tommy Dreamer
John Morrison (with The Miz) def. Ricky Ortiz

The Anigma

Reaction score
Swagger Opening Promo: I thought it started out well with a good reason why there wasn't an ECW Championship Match at WrestleMania 25. The dialogue between Swagger and Bourne wasn't well written. Swagger seemed repetitive--"everyone coward in the back will still go home cowards". It’s a relatively small detail but when reading the promo, it doesn’t sound right. I can't picture Swagger telling Bourne he accepts the challenge so easily but then tell Bourne he has to talk to Long about it. I think it would've made more sense for Swagger to avoid facing Bourne then have Long come out and either force Swagger to defend the title later in the night or put Bourne in a number one contender's match.

Morrison vs. Ortiz- There isn't much to comment on since this was done in such form of a recap. It's nice to see Morrison win though.

Evan Bourne/Teddy Long Segment:
Well, it looks like you went with Long putting Bourne in a number one contender's match but I feel this could've been done earlier at the top of the broadcast. Bourne/Henry doesn't have much potential to be good but we'll see what you can get out of it.

Dreamer vs. Kidd- Again, not much to comment on with the match only being five lines. But it was nice to see Kidd get the victory over Dreamer.

Christian/Finlay Segment: The premise of this segment was on-point but the delivery wasn't solid enough. A Finlay/Christian feud? I think it can work.

Bourne vs. Henry- This wasn't a bad match but again it was relatively short. It was apparent Bourne would be the winner. Swagger/Bourne should be an interesting feud.

Additional Comments/Feedback: This was a mediocre show at best. There were quite a few spelling/grammar errors. Before you post a show, be sure to use spell check. The ideas used in this show had a lot of potential to deliver but since you seemed to have rushed the show, it wasn’t as great as it could’ve been if you would have taken your time with it. There’s no reason to rush through a show. Take your time and think about putting out an overall solid performance with each show. There's a lot of potential with the ideas you have here and I'm looking forward to reading your next show.

The Rated R CMStar

Swagger opening promo: Swagger's lines were a little choppy and kind of repetitive, but I found him on character for the most part of it. As for the ending, in which he sends the ball to T-Lo instead of straightly accepting the challenge or just backing down, I have seen Swagger do it in real life so I am cool with that. I haven't seen many Bourne promos so no comment on him.

Morrison vs Ortiz: I am not too sure on saying "this was an average match". Kinda takes away from wanting to read the rest.

Bourne-T-Lo: A little logic defying promo. The fact that Teddy Long booked Mark Henry against Bourne shows that in fact there were people who wanted to face Swagger at Mania, which contradicts the main premise of Swagger's promo (you know, even though we know that's not the case). I also would want to know why a face GM would book a heel who hasn't exactly been "nice" to him in a Number One Contender's Match.

Dreamer vs Kidd: Even in recap mode you could see the completely squash Dreamer got. Nice to see Kidd winning, but I am not too sure about Dreamer being the one doing the job.

Christian/Finlay promo: Christian became a heel? When? Seeing how this BTB has its backstory in real life, I find it hard to believe that just a few weeks back Christian and Horny were eating cake together (or cookies, I don't quite remember), and now Christian gets mad at Horny. The feud could deliver nonetheless

Henry vs Bourne: The dynamic of big man/small man was in there, even in recap. Nice work and that's exactly the way how I would see a match between those two playing off.

AC: You should have pointed out a lot more the fact that Swagger was in commentary. Also, I know you are trying new things, separating from what WWE does in real life, but you should take into account what WWE has done in the weeks before you set this BTB, because, as in what happened with Christian/Finlay, it defies the logic of it. Some grammar mistakes here and there but nothing that take away from the show itself. This was a promising start.

seX-Power

Swagger Promo: Alright concept with Swagger's motive and about WM 25, he played a good heel though his lines could be off. Evan Bourne was generic but he IS generic, so it was okay. This could be an alright feud, but the promo dwindled down as it finished, with some confusing lines and choppy speech. Anticlimactic.

Morrison/Ortiz- Agree with CMS about saying it was average. If BKB's matches inspired you then I wouldn't be surprised, don't do this again. As for the match, it was average. >_> The right man went over.

Bourne/Long promo: Long looked like a heel here, and Bourne was generic again. Meh. Not good.

Kidd/Dreamer- Short match but it doesn't really matter, glad Kidd went over and looked strong but as CMS said, did Dreamer need to job?

Finlay/Christian promo: Nice tension. Christian looked a bit heelish but maybe just cocky. Could be a good feud, and if you're turning Cage I'm all for it as it could be epic.

Henry/Bourne- Made Henry and the WSS look a little weak, but man did it make Evan Bourne look like serious business. MOTN, you utilized the big and small routine here and it worked.

Alright show, the promos were solid and matches short though to the point. Editing would be adivsed, but the show exceeded expectations.

Paul

Reaction score
Swagger Promo: Not to bad mate. I think it would have been better if it had better tension though.

Morrison/Ortiz - Average match.

Bourne/Long promo: Not to bad, just don't turn Long into heel as it seemed he was then.

Kidd/Dreamer - Well Done on this one.

Finlay/Christian promo: Nice tension. If you are going to tunr Christian heel, it would be better I think.

Henry/Bourne - You use the big and small routine, worked well, well done.

good job

imported_Eugster

Reaction score
I'm just gonna do this week's SD results so I can move onto the draft.

Smackdown 10/4/2009 Results

As Matt Hardy came to the ring, they showed Todd Grisham and JR at the announce table. Matt spoke about unforgettable Wrestlemania moments that took place this past Sunday. He mentioned Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels and their match, but said the greatest Wrestlemania moment of all-time happened when he beat Jeff in an extreme rules match. No hyperbole there, eh Matt? Then again, he’s a heel, so it’s OK. He called Jeff an extreme disappointment for all the fans in the building that night. Matt said he proved to the world that he is the superior Hardy. But what about Milwaukee Brewers SS J.J. Hardy? He’s pretty good. Apparently, Matt is going to try to erase Jeff from WWE. You mean like Chris Benoit? Matt told Jeff for once in his life, make a good decision and come to the ring and apologize to the people for being a disappointment. Matt seems more and more comfortable on the mic every week. Matt also wanted an apology from Jeff for attempting to be his brother. The crowd chanted for Jeff and Matt implored him to come out. Jeff’s music hit and the younger Hardy sauntered out onto the stage.

Jeff, lacking the usual energy he brings, walked to the ring, then chased Matt right out of it. Jeff was holding his lower back as well, still selling the pain from their match. As Matt went up the ramp, interm GM Teddy Long came out. Teddy said that Monday is the WWE Draft and said one or both of them may be leaving Smackdown. Teddy said that, in regards to what Matt said earlier about Jeff leaving tonight in a stretcher, Matt would face Jeff in a Stretcher Match tonight (first time ever on Smackdown).

[Commercial Break]

They showed the photo of Cena with Edge and Big Show on his back from their match at WM, then Grisham plugged that he’d be on “The Cutting Edge†tonight.

Eve Torres was backstage with Kofi Kingston. Apparently, he’s got a match with Show coming up. Eve asked about participating in his first WM. Kofi said he was in awe and wondered how he could shock the world like Shawn Michaels and Razor Ramon did years back. Kofi said while he didn’t win, he can’t be disappointed with the results. He transitioned to plugging his match against Show and said maybe he’d shock the world tonight.

Big Show def. Koffi Kingston

They showed highlights of the Hall-of-Fame Induction Ceremony.

JR plugged the Stretcher Match for later tonight between Matt and Jeff Hardy. It’s the main event.

[Commercial Break]

The Great Khali def. Santino Marella

Grisham said they’d take a look at Undertaker’s streak, now 17-0, next.

[Commercial Break]

Grisham and JR (who Grisham referred to as “Jim,†which was REALLY weird hearing) talked about the HBK vs. Taker match at WM. We got a highlight package of Taker running through 16 Wrestlemania opponents, then adding Michaels to the list.

The Brian Kendrick def. Kung Fu Naki

Edge was already in the ring for “The Cutting Edge.†He said he went into Houston expecting the biggest win of his life. He said his guest is the man who stole the title from him: John Cena. Cena came out (only one of him this time). Cena said he didn’t get the chance on Monday, so he wanted to get this out of the way: “The Champ....is....here!†Edge said Cena always comes out and panders for a reaction. Interestingly, it was mostly positive. Edge said he doesn’t care about the fans. Edge said the World Title is his life, the thing that keeps his heart beating. Edge again accused Cena of stealing the title from him. Cena looked like he wasn’t understanding things. Cena told Edge to get over himself. Edge said Cena ruined his life. Cena seemed bemused by that statement. He said Edge brought him out to talk, so it’s time to talk. Cena ran down their history together and talked about the things they’ve done to each other. Cena said he’s on Edge’s show and Edge should talk about how they are perhaps the greatest rivalry in Sports Entertainment history. But instead, Edge chose to talk about Cena ruining his life. His words seemed to affect Edge. Cena said if that’s all, then they’re done, because Edge is wasting his time.

As Cena started to walk out of the ring, Edge said “I hate you.†Edge said he hats John’s hat, his wristband, his music, his shirt and everything he stands for. Edge said all the stuff between them over the years has exhausted Cena as much as him, and it can’t go on any longer. Edge said it’s finally going to end at Backlash, where one beats the other so badly they can’t get back up. Edge said at the end of the match, he’ll be the one left standing. Cena got in his face and yelled “No!†Crowd chanted for Cena as he kicked a chair out of the way. He said Edge may be a better wrestler, may be smarter, but he’s desperate. Cena said a Last Man Standing Match is based on punishment. Cena said he’s damn sure tougher than Edge. That’s why he said he’ll be the last man standing, and why Edge hates him. He said it’s not the hat, or the wristbands, or the t-shirt (all of which he threw into the crowd). Cena said Edge has always hit him with everything he had, but Cena always got back up. Cena said if Edge wants to end it, end it now. Edge seemed ready for a row and even took his shirt off. He balled up his hand into a fist......but didn’t take the shot. Instead, he turned around and walked out of the ring. Cena got his belt and celebrated. Great, great segment. Don’t know what else to say.

-A reminder that Jeff vs. Matt in a Stretcher Match is still to come tonight.

-But next, Carlito & Primo face Ted Dibiase and Cody Rhodes.

[Commercial Break]

Grisham thanked AC/DC for providing the theme song to Wrestlemania, then they talked about the first-ever unified Tag Champs.

Legacy def. The Colons

After the match, Carlito got beat up even more ‘til Primo broke things up. He got a taste of Dibiase’s Dream Street finisher and Carlito tried to help his brother, but was beaten down again. Then Randy Orton made his way to the ring. He kicked Primo in the chest, then did the same to Carlito. Remember when stuff like this would draw out multiple refs trying to break it up? Now there’s only one ref, and he does nothing. All three members of Legacy raised their arms in success.

[Commercial Break]

-I guess Legacy isn’t done- they were still in the ring and Orton had a mic. He talked about the match at Backlash. Orton reminded everyone that it was he who put Batista on the shelf in the first place, with a kick to the skull. Orton talked about the rules of the match and how the title can switch hands. He said Triple H’s team is full of hotheads and that one of them is bound to get DQ’d or counted out. He said after Backlash, he’d take his rightful place as WWE Champion.

-JR ran down the Backlash card.

-Todd Grisham was on the house mic to explain the rules of a Stretcher Match to the fans. I feel like he’s explaining some event on the old TV show Guts or something.

-Jeff Hardy made his entrance for the main event, which is next.

[Commercial Break]

Matt Hardy def. Jeff Hardy in a stretchar match.

imported_Eugster

Reaction score
Sorry again for the short show. I had it written out but accidently deleted it (don't ask me how).

wwe_draft_article.jpg

We start the show off with a video package of Batista's return last week. After that the Raw opening video plays before going to the arena as pyro erupts from the stage as Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler welcome us to the show as do all the other commentators from all the show.

I wallk Alone as Batista comes to the ring gaining a huge ovation. Batista tells us how all he's been able to think about is what Randy Orton did to him. But that he's not going to complain, however he is going to get his revenge. He call's Orton out, after a minute there is no sign of him so he says that Randy came bring his two minions with him. Rather then Orton, Batista is greated back by Vickie Gurrero who is wheled to the stage by Chavo. Vickie says how dare Batista call Orton out. She tells Dave that if he wants to fight so bad that he can fight The Big Show for one draft pick, latter on tonight. Vickie leaves leaving Batista with a bemused look on his face.

[Commercial Break]

Rey Mysterio
def. Jack Swagger via pinfall after reversing the Gutwrench Poerbomb into a headscissors onto the second rope. Rey then hit the 619 followed by a frog splah to take the win. Mysterio wins Raw one draft pick.

The draft graphic goes through various superstars before stoping on Umaga who has now been darfted to Raw. Umaga comes onto the ramp and does his little routine before we switch to Vickie Gurrero's office.

Randy Orton enters her office and says he's greatfull for her puting Batista against The Big Show. But he tells her he has to come face to face with him sometime, and it may aswell be tonight. Orton leaves Gurrero's office with a big smile on his face.

[Commercial Break]

M.V.P def. William Regal & Finlay via pinfall after he hit the playmaker on Regal while Finlay was out side the ring. Smackdown win one draft pick

The usuall draft graphic shows but his time it stops to reveal Rey Mysterio. He dosn't come out but M.V.P does have a checky grin on his face.

[Commercial Break]

We swicth once again to Vickie Guerrero's office. The latest Smackdown dreaftie Rey Mysterio enters, clearly not yet recovered. Mysterio asks Vickie why she wanted to see him. It dosn't take long before Vickie tells him that she can't afford to loose the Intercontenential Championship. So Rey Mysterio will have to defend against the newest member of the Raw Roster.....Umaga. But rather then complain Mysterio just shakes his head and leaves

Umaga
def. Rey Mysterio via pinfall after a Samoa Sipke to become the new Intercontinentel Champion. Raw win one draft pick.

Umaga takes his new belt and leaves the ring leaving Mysterio lying on the ground being checked by the referee. The draft graphic plays this time stoping on Christian who is the newest member of Raw. Christian comes out geting the odd boo but mostly cheers.

[Commercial Break]

Paul Burchill def. Kofi Kingston via pinfall after he hit the curve stomp. ECW win one draft pick.

The usuall routine shows in the titantron this time stoping on Mr. Kennedy who is now a memeber of ECW. Kennedy walks to the ramp and cheer's to the crowd before looking at Burchill who stares at Kennedy.

We switch to the locker room where Batista is geting ready for his match. Triple H enters and tells Batista good luck in his match and if Orton or any of Legacy interfere then he has his back. Batista thanks but ways he hopes Orton comes down.

[Commercial Break]

Edge def. CM Punk via pinfall after Edge reversed the GTS into a spear. Raw wins one draft pick.

John Cena who was guest commentator entered the ring after the match. Both Edge and Cena stared eachother down. Cena walked away from Edge to the ropes as he watched the draft graphic. The graphic stops only to reveal John Cena as SmackDowns newest member. Cena turns around only to be speared by Edge. Edge angrily stands over Cena and granbs the World Championship and holds it into the air.

[Commercial Break]

When we come back we can see Matt Hardy attacking Jeff Hardy backstage. Matt stmos on Jeff repeatily while he shouts abuse at him. Matt then hits the Twist Of Fate to finish Jeff off. Security intervine and stop Matt continuing the beat down. The medics then check on Hardy as we switch the the arena.

The Colons
def. John Morrison & The Miz &Cryme Tyme via pinfall to after Carlito hit the Backstaber on Miz. SmackDown win one draft pick.

The usuall draft graphic shows but this time stops to reveal Chris Jericho to be the newest member of SmackDown. Jericho walks to the entrance ramp adn looks over the booing crowd.

[Commercial Break]

We return backstage where we can see The Legacy talking but we can't hear them. We then switch back to the arena as the commentators review the night before the main event.

Batista
def. The Big Show via pinfall after a Spinebuster. Raw win one draft pick

After the match while Batista celebrated, Legacy ran to the ring and ambushed 'The Animal'. All three men were beating down on Batista. Randy Orton was ready to hit the RKO when Triple H and Shane McMahon ran to the ring. Legacy fleed the ring as Hunter and Shane were runing down the ramp. All six men stared at eachother, but there atention was quickly turned to titantron as the the final draft pick of the night revealed Triple H to be the newest member of the Raw Roster. Orton looked worried as he walked to the back.

[End Of Show]

Supplemental Draft Results
Raw Get's
R-Truth
Tyson Kidd

ECW Get's
Vladimir Kozlov
The Great Khali
Jamie Noble
Kung Fu Naki
Goldust

SmackDown Get's
Cm Punk
Evan Bourne
Doph Ziggler

imported_Eugster

Reaction score
ECW Preview:

After the draft, I think it is safe to say the ECW won what they were looking for, but lost some kep components to their roster. One of those wrestlers Evan Bourne. With the loss of Evan Bourne, Theodore Long has announced that #1 contendership is officially re opened for all contenders. Long also announced a brand new #1 contenders tournament beginning this week.

Confirmed Card:
ECW Championship #1 Contenders Tournament:

Vladimir Kozlov VS. Great Khali
Finlay VS. Mr. Kennedy

John Morrison/The Miz VS. Jamie Noble/Paul Burchill
Jack Swagger will be in attendance!

imported_Eugster

Reaction score
ECW.png

ECW opens with a video highlighting the draft from the night before and who the ECW acquires. The camera then enters the arena to the typical pyro and then Todd Grisham and Matt Striker make their comments about the recent draft and then run down tonigt's card as well as highlight the #1 Contenders tournament. As Striker and Grisham wrap up their comments Jack Swagger's music thunders over the speakers and the ECW Champion makes his way to the ring.

Jack Swagger climbs into the ring with his cockey smile flashing and the ECW gold slung over his shoulder. He calls for a mic and then begins to speak to boos from throughout the arena.

Swagger: Is that the way you guys welcome your 2 time, 2 time All American, American!? (The crowd unleashes a defening boo) Well whether you guys like me or not doesn't matter because that won't dethrone me as your ECW Champion. Now I here we are having a #1 contender's tournament starting tonight. (Swagger pats his gold and smiles) Well I can guarentee that whoever it is that wins; Khali, finlay, Kennedy, Morrison, you will want to watch your back. Because if anyone thinks they can take this from me then they got another thing coming.

Swagger paces the ring with the gold now being moved to the other shoulder.

Swagger: And when me and my opponent go to Backlash inside this ring, Extreme Rules Style, all hell will break loose and they will see a new side of the All American, American! A side that will make the All American, American Jack Swagger look nice!

Swagger gives a sick grin and then drops the mic pointing to the backstage area and then slitting his neck with his hand in issue of challenge and disrespect to the competitors in the tournament.

Grisham: It seem's as if Swagger is sending a crystal clear message to the eight men participating in this tournament.

Striker: Well if I were any of the eight men I would prepare for quite the match at Backlash even if you are 7 feet tall like Khali, because Extreme Rules! Anything goes baby!

---Commercial Break---

-Match #1-

The Miz/John Morrison VS. Jamie Noble/Paul Burchill

Miz and Noble start using their speeds to counter out of attempted moves. Miz quickly makes a tag to Morrison and Morrison uses his power to take advantage of Noble. Noble attempts numerous escapes, but Morrison keeps Noble in his corner. Miz and Morrison continue applying tags and hitting double team moves. Noble is finally able to make an escape and tag a much favored tag to Burchill. Burchill jumps in and hits numerous clotheslines and then takes Morrison out of the ring. Burchill then beats down on Miz who was hurt by a superkick from Noble. Burchill attempts some close pin attempts, but is unable to take it. The end comes when Burchill tags in Noble. Noble jumps in to finish Miz, but Morrison uses a distraction of trash talking to allow Miz to recover and roll Noble up with the trunks held.

Winners: Miz and Morrison @ 6:56

The camera heads to the backstage as Noble and Burchill chase Miz and Morrison out of the ring. The camera spots Mr. Kennedy in his locker room preparing for his match. Suddenly Finlay walks into his locker room with Hornswoggle wobbling close by.

Finlay: Well, well we meet again Mr. Kennedy! (Kennedy looks up and then down and laughs) What the hell do you find so funny?

Kennedy: (Pats Hornswoggles head) You and your little buddy there have been walking all over ECW and beating everyone up, but the ECW champion himself and now that you get a chance in this tournament to face him you are coming to get in my face and tell me off.

Finlay: What the hell are you babbling on about this time Kennedy? I have been here longer then you and know what ECW needs to succeed and that is a true champion not that 2 time All American Reject or some loudmouth from Green Bay.

Kennedy: Do you honestly think that the ECW fans want some midget and shaleighly swinging bastard as their champion?

Finlay shoves the shaleighly against Kennedy's throat as Kennedy stumbles into his locker. Finlay clinches a fist with his other hand and gets ready to swing when Jack Swagger enters Kennedy's dressing room laughing.

Swagger: Are you two serious? (Finlay lets go of Kennedy and both men turn their attention to Swagger) I am no American Reject Mr. Finlay and Mr. Kennedy if you honestly think you can come over to ECW and try and steal the spotlight, that's not happening. You two men are just trying to look good for the fans, but trust me they are not amused. They are impressed and in love with the two time All Amer...

Kennedy: Would you shut up? We know that you are the two time All american, american, but nobody is listening and nobody cares!

Swagger: (Gets in Kennedy's face and holds the ECW Title up) Well I know a couple of people who care about me, maybe not for good reasons, but they do. And if you care about this title then I'd shut up before you are eating this belt and spitting up your golden oppourtunity in a hospital bed.

Finlay: (Laughs at the comment) Swagger, Kennedy I wish you all the best of luck, but in the end the best man will remain standing!

All 3 men have a stare down as ECW goes to a commercial break.

---Commercial Break---

-Match #2-

ECW Title Tournament Match

Mr. Kennedy VS. Finlay

Well Kennedy is making his introduction Finlay jumps him from behind as the match begins. Finlay takes advantage of this ambush hitting some powerful moves getting some near falls early. Finlay continues the barrage of moves landing clubbing blows in the corner and then dropping him with a huge Samoan Drop. It looks as if Finlay has the match wrapped up, but Kennedy fights back with a poke to the eyes that the ref misses. Kennedy then lands some solid technical wrestling moves that put Finlay in a bad position. Kennedy lands a couple solid suplexs and then feeds off the crowd and climbs to the top rope, but takes to much time as Finlay jumps up with him and Kennedy and Finlay both fight back and forth, but Finlay gains the upper hand and lands a Celtic Cross from the top rope! Finlay is able to slowly get to Mr. Kennedy and gain the pin fall victory.

Winner: Moving on in the ECW Title Tournament... Finlay @ 8:49

Finlay is laying on the ground by Kennedy in great pain as the camera goes backstage. Miz and Morrison are standing in Theodore Long's office and Miz is angry about something.

Miz: I don't understand why I am not allowed to be in the ECW Title Tournament! I mean I have just as good as chance as Morrison in winning the title!

Morrison gives him a questioning look as Long sticks his head into his hands.

Long: Miz we have a lot of talent on this roster and if you didn't get in this time it doesn't mean you will never get a chance.

Miz: Well I feel as if I should get an oppourtunity. I mean I could be half the men on this roster and I beat 2 of them tonight.

Morrison: (Steps forward) What are you trying to say Miz? I did as much work as you did!

Miz: But who gained the pin fall?

Morrison: Who was the one that made the distraction to give you that pin fall victory?

Miz jumps in Morrison's face and pushes him. Morrison grins and then pushes him into the wall, but Long jumps up and holds Morrison back from hitting Miz.

Long: Ok clearly there is something going on between you guys and I think that this can be settled next week in the ECW Title tournament. Just to make the both of you happy!

Miz and Morrison stare each other down and shake on the match as Long dismisses the two of them and ECW goes to a commercial break.

---Commercial Break---

ECW returns to Eva Torres standing in the interview area.

Torres: Hello ladies and gentlmen and my guest at this time is one of the five new members to the ECW roster, Vladimir Kozlov. (Kozlov steps into the picture with his usual disgusted, angry look on his face) Kozlov, tonight you have the daunting task of taking down the 7'3" Great Khali with the oppourtunity of winning the ECW title on the line. Any comments?

Kozlov: Khali, I have seen you fight and in the last couple of week you have only faced cruiserweights, but for the first time in your career you will face a man that can challenge you. I may not be Mark Henry or The Big Show, but I am a different kind of tough. A tough that you have never had to face before.

Torres: What do you think your chances look like tonight?

Kozlov: Very good! I am a man of great strength just like Khali and I am able to go the distance a with a man whos 7' tall or 1000 pounds.

Torres: Do you think that you will for the first time in your young career gain the oppourtunity to fight for a WWE title?

Kozlov: I feel as if this is my best oppourtunity. This is my chance to prove to the world what I can truly do and with a win tonight I will have Swagger shaking in his boots when he sees my sheer power and strength and my true dauning ability in the ring.

As Torres gets ready to ask another question Jack Swagger walks into yet another segment.

Swagger: I hate to interupt yet another segment, but I couldn't help, but hear you say that I will fear you. That I will be shaking in my boots!?

Kozlov: That's damn right Swagger!

Swagger: (Laughs in Kozlov's face) Jack Swagger has never heard the definition of fear and what makes you so damn sure that you are going to win this tournament?

Kozlov: My power and ability out there in that ring. My strength and awareness of that ring. Everything you dont have and aren't good at it.

Swagger and Kozlov begin to stare down as the camera fades out to the ring for the Main Event!

Grisham: It seems as if Swagger interfering in ever segment is set to make them scared or let them know he isn't going to back down.

Striker: But so far none of them have backed down and it look's as if Swagger's plan may come back to bite him in the butt.

-Main Event-

ECW Title tournament

Great Khali VS. Vladimir Kozlov

Kozlov jumps on the attack before the bell rings catching Khali off guard.Kozlov delivers explosive punches and then lands a huge clothesline that takes Khali down. Khali is quick to begn to fight back, but Kozlov continues to hold his own countering Khali's moves and landing weaker ones of his own. Kozlov turns to the ground game locking in submissions t take Khali out, but Khai uses his strength to get out of the submissions. Khali finally gets back into the match with massive punches and headbutts. Khali then drops Kozlov with a huge big boot. Kozlov struggles to get back into the match as the power of Khali is to much. Khali then lines Kozlov up for a Chop, but Kozlov counters out and Khali spins into a huge headbutt to the chest. Kozlov get a near fall off that counter. The match continues with both men exchanging punches and landing numerous weak suplexes until the 10 mintue mark hits and Kozlov counters out of a Khali chokeslam and lands a spinebuster. Kozlov then allows Khali back to his feet and lands a massive headbutt to the center of the chest that knocks the wind out of Khali. Kozlov pins and is able to gain the win!

Winner: And moving on in the ECW Title tournament... Vladimir Kozlov @ 11:06

Kozlov celebrates after his match so proud to take down such a monster. His celebration is interupted by his opponent for next week, Finlay. Finlay points the shalighly at Kozlov and then pulls it across his neck as Kozlov issues Finlay to come down to the ring right now. ECW goes off the air with a star down between the two opponents.

LAURINAITIS33

Reaction score
My review

Opening promo for Swagger is solid as you do a better job then I think he can do in real life. You made him coming off heelish but with a I don't give a shit attitude which is better then a man worried about losing the title.

First match, a good recap but I don't like the finish. If Morrison is in contention for the ECW Title, it might have been better to lose this tag match and build up a potential partnership of Burchill/Noble.

A good confrontation between Swagger, Finlay and Kennedy, It looks as Kennedy is stepping up as the number one challenger really for Swagger even though it's going to be a four man match.

Well I'm wrong with that as Finlay upsets Kennedy in the Tournament. A Celtic Cross from the top rope is devastating move. I was ready to see Finlay use some illegal tactics but was surprised when he won mostly straight up over Kennedy.

A good way to break up Miz and Morrison as I didn't understand Morrison being in the ECW Title hunt at first. I still though think they should have lost at the beginning though and have them argue about that instead.

Kozlov interview. That would have been the most I have seen Kozlov talk at one time. Swagger is all over the place but shouldn't be here too. I don't think you are trying to get Kozlov over as a face so a confrontation from the two to me is worthless.

The Kozlov/Khali match was alright especially for two moreless boring guys. Kozlov picking up the win, I think is good. Having Finlay come out to size up Kozlov sets up next week but after Swagger being everywhere earlier, I'm don't understand why he didn't try some kind of sneak attack to end it. It just seems that would have been the perfect ending to the show with him reigning supreme instead of the Kozlov/Finlay showdown.

Overall, a decent show, Kind of lost why Kennedy didn't beat Finlay as I don't see Swagger losing to either Finlay or Kozlov. You have a good writing style as everything was good but nothing really stood out. That though could be the wrestlers involved too as now any of the are a great wrestler to write for. My best advice is to me maybe get some blood on ECW. There has to be others on RAW and Smackdown going to waste. I would like to see the push end up being Swagger, Kennedy and Morrison as all these guys have great potential in my mind

imported_Eugster

Reaction score
Smackdown! Preview:

Smackdown! comes out of the draft being told they have the strongest roster. After gaining the strength of Rey Mysterio, John Cena, CM Punk and Chris Jericho. All four of these men will be in action as Backlash begins to rear its ugly head for the Smackdown! roster.

Another huge piece of news coming out of the draft show is JBL's return as a commentator and Smackdown! gaining a brand new GM who is rumoured to have a lot of plans for Smackdown! He will be making his first official appearence and begin to pitch his plans.

Confirmed Card:
Jesse/Festus VS. Ezekiel Jackson/The Brian Kendrick
Matt and Jeff Hardy sign there Backlash Contract
The Highlight Reel is back with Mr. MITB as the special guest!
Evan Bourne, Hurricane Helms, Chavo Guerrero, Jimmy Wang Yang and Dolph Ziggler in a Battle Royal!
Shelton Benjamin VS. Carlito w/ Primo
John Cena/Rey Mysterio VS. Edge/MVP