WWE 1st Quarter 2016 Financial Results- Discussion Thread.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CycLoNe_

Jobber
Reaction score
WWE will announce it's 1st quarter 2016 financial results at 11:00 E.T tomorrow, 10 May 2016. In many ways, the upcoming results would be very significant and indicative of WWE's financial health giving us a clear overview on the extent of their International expansion with the WWE Network and whether it has strengthened it's case of becoming the single most dominant parameter while discussing WWE's finances. It will give us an indication as to whether T.V Ratings command as much relevance in the contemporary scenario as they did, let's say 10 years back or so.

Below are the WWE network numbers specifically availing the service at the time of WM 32:

Zondwbu.png

A breakdown of WWE's various revenue streams and their comparison with previous years' earnings:

c3l3A5m.png

DqEoWCj.png

7JbTU51.png

eJdg9gw.png

DTEawq7.png

HffKXdY.png

xNHzPz5.png

Note the drastic increase in Network revenue which is still in it's global infancy. I personally expect it to be the No.1 revenue generation stream in less than 5 years. T.V as a medium is becoming obsolete year by year and the lowering TV ratings are hardly resulting to be representative of the wider worldwide interest in the product. I think a rethink on whether it is still the primary parameter of the company's health is long overdue.

CycLoNe_

Jobber
Reaction score
The reports are out. Note that the quarter DID NOT cover WrestleMania like the previous year.

Excerpts:

BjKCIjm.png

J4ECDOa.png

ufFUetE.png

SQv8FMG.png

Full report: WWE® Reports Strong First-Quarter 2016 Results | Business Wire

Impressive results seeing how the revenue is almost as much as the corresponding last year's quarter's despite having WM in the second quarter this time.

Last edited:

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
WWE Network will never be the #1 streaming service in the world other Netflix or a couple others. You can get that fantasy our of your head right now.

CycLoNe_

Jobber
Reaction score
WWE Network will never be the #1 streaming service in the world other Netflix or a couple others. You can get that fantasy our of your head right now.

I never said that it can practically be the #1 streaming service in the world. Netflix is not even an apt comparison as the programming offered on both platforms is hardly comparable. What I implied is that in the near future it has the capability of becoming the primary revenue source for the WWE. The network is still in it's global infancy and far from achieving it's ceiling, yet it has raked up some pretty respectable numbers already. On the other hand, T.V as a medium is becoming obsolete day by day and the Internet/Network is bound to be the host of all WWE programming in the intermediate future including RAW and Smackdown. In that context, it's imperative to gauge how the Network is performing. TV Ratings have been falling for the past 10 years now and yet WWE has been signing record TV deals every time. The standard of viewership on TV is truly a function of the age/time/environment we're living in.