WWE '12

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Castiel

Reaction score
Alright I just bought the game a couple of days ago and so far I'm enjoying it.

But can someone please tell me what the meaning of WWE Universe is? Does the game just book cards for you and allow you to wrestle the matches/simulate them? Is there any storyliones featured within it, or do you just wrestle the matches?

Also, do you not get to choose what road you take to WrestleMania? Like, is the villain story always the story you start out with, with the United Kingdom stable and jazz or is there a way to select which one you want to use?

And finally, I wish this had GM mode! Back on 2007 and I think 2008, that game mode was AWESOME!

Universe is like if you want to play and match and something can happen at the end and surprise you, creating feuds and such. I enjoy it. GM Mode ruled.

Reactions: 1 person

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
So there are storylines and it's not just matches with no meaning?

Castiel

Reaction score
Indeed, if you have a match with Cena vs Orton and after the match Orton refuses to shake Cena's hand then next week you could see him attack Cena during his entrance or something and blah blah blah there's a storyline.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
This is good info, cause I didn't see the point. And in a follow up question, how do I integrate my created stories into gameplay? I haven't created one yet, but I'd like to know how to use it before I create it...

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
I am now starting to enjoy this. I have finally gotten my created guy a title shot. Of course Punk and myself are no longer friends since I attacked Punk for some odd reason. But at TLC I will get a shot.

Since Cas seems to know so much. Is there any way to have title matches on Raw or SD?

Castiel

Reaction score
Just select your champions when you edit the match that's scheduled, choose a champ and the option should come up for you to press X or something to make the match a title match.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
Gotcha. Thanks sweetheart. :)

<3 u

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
John Cena hasn't appeared on a program other than Superstars for the past 3 months. Even then it hasn't been weekly. :lol:

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I beat Christian with Big Zeke in WWE Universe and now he's the number one contender for the world title... on top of that he's already Intercontinental Champion and ECW Champion...

So I gave Henry the ECW Title, and now, since I'm actually interested in seeing what might happen if Jackson wins the title, I'm going to have to get him to drop the IC title and become the no.1 contender again...

Which makes me think, I don't really like that beating someone who is in the rankings automatically gives you their spot. I though it would just make Jackson move up, be he just replaced Christian entirely, and I thought that was a little sucky.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
What I don't like about the rankings is it seems the same people are up there by default. Sin Cara and Tyson Kidd have been one and two in the IC title scene for awhile now. And it seems they are constantly going back and forth for the belt with no one ever taking over their spots. Same thing goes for the tag titles. It is always the Road Warriors and Demolition 1 and 2 unless one or the other has the belt. Then Santino and Kozlov are up there.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Just use someone and defeat Kidd or Cara yourself, and then they'll drop down into obscurity and you can go on about your business.

Also, some things have already begun to make no sense and I'm only three weeks in. I was wrestling on Superstars with Michael McG, and I defeated Evan Bourne with Brock Lesnar jumped me. The first issue was that Lesnar returned on Superstars, the second was that it was against McG, and the third was that following the next match, McG came out and jumped one of those competitors, so I don't know what the game is trying to build towards. And assuming everyone else already knows, I'd ask that no one tell me.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
That is the weird thing for me. They aren't actually building towards anything I don't think. And I have tried that with beating Kidd and Sin Cara. They are not dropping into obscurity, they just stay up there no matter how many times they are beat.

I think I am going to try to do the create my own storyline in Universe. So that I can make some sense of all this non sense.

One cool thing happened to me earlier. I injured Punk in an Iron Man match and he has been out of action for a month now.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
And no Sheamus is injured after a tag match with myself and R-Truth against Barrett and Sheamus.

The news feed says: "Sheamus has been injured. The doctors have concluded recovery is hopeless. I wonder if this will be the end of his career."

About time, we have been facing these guys for the past two months. <,<

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
So you'bve created a wrestler to use throughout the WWE Universe? I didn't really think about doing that, but I do intend on introducing some new made up guys whenever my game progresses. I'm going to wait a few months into it though.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I'm going to modify Justin Gabriel in the WWE Universe and turn him into a total metalhead. I think I'm going to move "Under and Over It" to my HDD and make it his theme song in the game. Yes... it shall be most excellent.