WS Fantasy Basketball 2014-15

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Showtime

Reaction score
nice to have you back, cwalker. disappointing that you couldnt draft your own team though.

phx made the WOAT upset pick btw. :D

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Seth and Demarr gonna carry me back to the finals.

Now I just gotta find a decent source for boards and hope Brook makes it through the season.
Yeah that 2nd part is gonna be a miracle lol.

Damnit though only need a damn free throw to win and couldn't even get that smh. Recap will come tomorrow afternoon probably.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
nice to have you back, cwalker. disappointing that you couldnt draft your own team though.

phx made the WOAT upset pick btw. :D
Yeah I already put it out there couldn't change it so oh well.

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
ga cant do math :lmao

6 FGM, 2 3PTM, 8 FTM= 22 points, not 20.

35 FGM, 20 FGM, 6 3pTM= 96 points, not 60.

i think that's where you screwed up with your "modest" numbers.

i did the same thing last year when i was missing my top guys, but your team isnt remotely close to mine in a lot of categories.

I am missing the best player in all of fantasy basketball and the best white player West of the Mississippi River.

Please kill yourself. If I had a full squad you'd be fucking raped, kid.

Reactions: shutupchico

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
idk where the sunday night recap is but im disappointed its not up yet

Showtime

Reaction score
man, it's like last season when i was missing westbrook, vucevic, jrue, martin, and basically all my top picks and you called it excuses. not so fun being on the other side, is it, GA?

and may you have the best player in fantasy basketball, but i currently have the best team. DEAL WITH IT.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

shutupchico

Reaction score
ga vs st is like the new psych vs sal. not as funny, but still entertaining.

Showtime

Reaction score
just so we're clear, ga is psych. smurf cant even do math and actually traded lawson for diaw. :lebron2:

shutupchico

Reaction score
start the season out with a w. how u finish has a lot to do with how u start. week 1 win, week 23, win.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
heathslater
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
bambambigelow
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
It took me 12 weeks to get a win last season, starting this one out right.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
heathslater
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
bambambigelow
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Fuck, I have like 3 or 4 players on my team just not clicking right now, but I know they will be given the time, so can't drop them. At least they're not injured.

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
just so we're clear, ga is psych. smurf cant even do math and actually traded lawson for diaw. :lebron2:

I'm not gonna total fgm and ftm to get accurate point totals that's too much work. And I was drinking....

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Week 1 recap: The GA curse is real
Run N Gun vs Profreshional:
This matchup ended up being one of 2 ties this week ending 7-7. Ended up being as close as can be since Run N Gun on Sunday fell short 1 rebound of winning the match up 7-6 or 2 rebounds short of winning 8-6. The last time there was a tie in the season opener was Run N Gun vs The Cavern in the lockout shorten season in 2010-2011.

MVP of the matchup: Isiah Thomas
Biggest letdown: Russell Westbrook getting injured
Best move: Run N Gun picking up Perry Jones
Worst move: Run N Gun drops Perry Jones/Profreshional not dropping Felton

Downtown chuckers vs The Love Show: Had the Love show set their lineups the whole week we would be talking about a victory for The Love Show but instead the chuckers get the 8-6 win. A few things have swung in The Chuckers favor already in the young such as Durant and Westbrook going down means Ibaka is now the best player currently in OKC. As well as Rondo who was supposed to miss possibly weeks of the season was ready to go at the opener.
MVP of the matchup: John Wall
Biggest letdown: IYF not setting his lineups
Best move: chuckers drop Mason Plumlee
Worst move: Love show leaves Kevin Love on the bench

Aidan’s Swag Team vs Formidable – H20b: This one was between a newcomer from last year and a new comer this year and Formidable seemed to live up to his team name. Biggest reason for his victory? Anthony Davis who has clearly been the best player in fantasy this past week and probably will end the season that way. The 10-4 win was the 2nd largest margin of victory in week 1.
MVP of the matchup: Anthony Davis
Biggest letdown: Lebron James disappointing homecoming
Best move: Formidable picks up Andre Roberson
Worst move: Lack of waiver moves by Aid.

Mamba Maybe vs OLADIPO: This ended up being the 2nd tie of the week which makes it the first week ever in the league’s history that two ties happened in the opening week. PSYCH’S squad was carried on the strength of his dynamic duo of big men in Marc Gasol and Z-Bo. Brandon’s duo of bigs were even better with Boogie and Vucevic who averaged a combined 41.4 ppg and 28 rebs per game this past week.

MVP of the matchup: Cousins/Marc Gasol
Biggest letdown: JJ Reddick who could have single handedly won the matchup for Mamba Maybe if his 3point shot fell more.
Best move: OLADIPO picks up Tony Wroten
Worst move: Mamba Maybe doesn’t drop Nick Young sooner.

FREAKS AND GREEKS vs OLLLLAADDDDIPPO: This marks the end of Notorious 20 week winning streak and the loss comes to the team that was one of the hottest teams in the final weeks of the season. This might not be the worst thing in the world for Notorious as his team last year started the season with a loss and ended up winning the championship. FREAKS AND GREEKS record in the last 8 games of last year went 6-2 and the last loss of the season interestingly enough came from OLLLLAADDDDIPO.
MVP of the matchup: James Harden
Biggest letdown: Oladipo gets hurt before the start of the season.
Best move: Notorious picks up Perry Jones
Worst move: Notorious doesn’t make more than 1 waiver move.

1999 Knicks vs Ga’s Fractured Feet: The most lopsided matchup of the week came about from 1999 Knicks having a good team but GA having a very banged up team to say the least. Missing not only his best player but one of the best players in fantasy GA was already in trouble. The other injuries that came besides that one just made the tough task even tougher and he never really had a chance against a team that has Dirk, Chris Paul and Blake Griffin.
MVP of the matchup: CP3 and Blake
Biggest letdown: KD is injured
Best move: ST drops Green as Tucker returns from suspension
Worst move: Dropping Amare for Courtney Lee who ended up being injured.

2nd Time’s The Charm vs Nash Of The Titans: Unique matchup situation here as the owner of the team ended up changing mid matchup and that team ended up winning. Was seeming like Nash Of The Titans were going to make their debut in the league starting off with a victory but that ended up not being the case in a narrow 7-5 defeat where both 3ptm and pts were tied categories.
MVP of the matchup: Steph Curry
Biggest letdown: Original owner of the now named 2nd time’s the charm wasn’t active
Best move: Dropping Steve Nash
Worst move: Nash of the titans not setting their lineup with the exception of a few days.

Shaqtin a fool moments of the week: PHX predicts 1999 Knicks will lose to GA’s Fractured Feet
GA’s attempt at doing math
Run N Gun drops Perry Jones the same day Westbrook gets hurt and goes off
The Love show leaves Kevin Love on the bench in his first game of the year.

MVP of the thread: GA & Showtime
Post of the week: “Is this the line to LOL @PSYCH? Don't worry dude, Kupchak might not totally botch the 4th pick or whatever next year. Gotta go, Byron Scott's yelling at me to shoot a 19 ft jumper for some reason.” – SAL
Stat of the week – Less turnovers = loss?: The top 5 teams who had the least amount of turnovers Aidan’s Swag Team, Profreshional, GA’s Fractured Feet, Nash of the Titans and The Love Show all came out of week 1 without a victory whether it be because of a tie or loss.
GM Of The Week: FORMIDABLE h20b

Predictions for week 2:
Downtown chuckers: 8 vs OLLLLAADDDDIPOO: 5
Aidan’s Swag Team: 4 1999 Knicks: 10
Mamba Maybe: 8 vs FORMIDABLE h20b: 6
FREAKS AND GREEKS: 9 Ga’s Fractured Feet: 4
Profreshional: 6 Nash of the Titans: 8
OLADIPO: 9 vs 2nd Time’s The Charm: 5

5 Stat predictions of the week:
OLADIPO’s team will lead the week in rebounding again
Downtown chuckers will have the top FG%
Mamba maybe’s will score 500 points