WS Fantasy Basketball 2013-14

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
So we've agreed to remove TREB. Cool.

Are we doing 12 roster spots or 13?

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Fine with either but I say 13.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Guess I'll make a list too excluding myself and the new guys from WF only cause I haven't seen what they can do yet.

1. Sal - Has been one of the best in this league at utilizing the waiver wire making the most out of his team even if damn near half of it is injured. Good at making trades as well with anybody not just whoever the weak links are.
2. ST - If last year as a indication he'll keep being one of the better drafters in this league. Only a year and a half in this league so won't put him number 1 but has shown enough to be ranked high
3. GA - Would be ranked higher if it wasn't for him holding on to injured players too much. Besides that all around good owner.
4. Chico - Usually ends up having a pretty good draft and has good knowledge. Just think he stands pat too much and by the time he tries to make moves he waited too long.
5. Brandon - Doesn't have a clear strength but doesn't have a clear weakness either
6. IYF - Consistently has a good team just mismanages where he'll end up dealing for some big men but then realizes he left himself with like one guard so ends up having to make another deal right after that one. Him and Brandon could be interchangeable in spots.
7. Notorious - Seems like a solid owner from what I've seen to not rank him lower but haven't seen enough to rank him higher either.
8. Big Red - Seems to know basketball and puts together a good enough squad. Half asses paying attention to the league though it seems as there was times where he didn't set his lineups and did things like hang on to a injured Al Harrington for a long time for no reason. Would probably easily be top 3 in this league if he put more effort into it.
9. PSYCH - Too much bias to players he likes (esp Laker bias) gets in his way as well as his horrible stashing of injured players when it doesn't make sense. If it wasn't for these things he could be a top fantasy owner.
10. Ben - I don't think he's as bad as his records have indicated but besides KIF lends himself to be the victim of trade rape and doesn't really do anything to improve his team. That said I think if he does some research and focus on making moves to build his team rather than go into fuck it mode or I'm not going to make any moves he could be a playoff team.
11. KIF - Not as totally clueless as he was when he first got in the league and expect him to be better this year esp if he takes it more seriously. As it stands now still the biggest least knowledgeable of the bunch and subject to trade rape the most.

Ben

Reaction score
Nice to see everyone agrees that I suck but not as much as KIF

As for roster spots just keep it at whatever it was last year.

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
I think it was fine last year with 13. It isn't exactly a huge deal either way.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
heathslater
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
bambambigelow
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
13 sounds good to me

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score
Guess I'll make a list too excluding myself and the new guys from WF only cause I haven't seen what they can do yet.

1. Sal - Has been one of the best in this league at utilizing the waiver wire making the most out of his team even if damn near half of it is injured. Good at making trades as well with anybody not just whoever the weak links are.
2. ST - If last year as a indication he'll keep being one of the better drafters in this league. Only a year and a half in this league so won't put him number 1 but has shown enough to be ranked high
3. GA - Would be ranked higher if it wasn't for him holding on to injured players too much. Besides that all around good owner.
4. Chico - Usually ends up having a pretty good draft and has good knowledge. Just think he stands pat too much and by the time he tries to make moves he waited too long.
5. Brandon - Doesn't have a clear strength but doesn't have a clear weakness either
6. IYF - Consistently has a good team just mismanages where he'll end up dealing for some big men but then realizes he left himself with like one guard so ends up having to make another deal right after that one. Him and Brandon could be interchangeable in spots.
7. Notorious - Seems like a solid owner from what I've seen to not rank him lower but haven't seen enough to rank him higher either.
8. Big Red - Seems to know basketball and puts together a good enough squad. Half asses paying attention to the league though it seems as there was times where he didn't set his lineups and did things like hang on to a injured Al Harrington for a long time for no reason. Would probably easily be top 3 in this league if he put more effort into it.
9. PSYCH - Too much bias to players he likes (esp Laker bias) gets in his way as well as his horrible stashing of injured players when it doesn't make sense. If it wasn't for these things he could be a top fantasy owner.
10. Ben - I don't think he's as bad as his records have indicated but besides KIF lends himself to be the victim of trade rape and doesn't really do anything to improve his team. That said I think if he does some research and focus on making moves to build his team rather than go into fuck it mode or I'm not going to make any moves he could be a playoff team.
11. KIF - Not as totally clueless as he was when he first got in the league and expect him to be better this year esp if he takes it more seriously. As it stands now still the biggest least knowledgeable of the bunch and subject to trade rape the most.

The dude who dropped Vucevic for Rose and built his team on one rape trade with PSYCH @ #2? C'mon, son.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I mean yeah that was a stupid move but that is about the only stupid move I can think of that he did and I have to him his props to winning the league last year. Same with taking over a team he didn't draft and making it work the year before. If that move would have cost him then I'd feel differently about how I would rank him.

Last edited:

Notorious

Reaction score
I'm winning it all brothers. Embrace it. Accept it. Acknowledge it. Don't torture yourself by thinking you actually have a chance at winning the league. Don't do that to yourself.

Notorious

Reaction score
You're not a leader, you're a follower. You can't win.

kanyeblink.gif