WS Fantasy Basketball 2013-14

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Congrats Notorious pretty impressive to carry on a long winning streak like that into a title. Will have the last recap of the season up tomorrow that will have a summery on each team's season.

Showtime

Reaction score
Noto was lucky that he beat me. I had the best team every week, but that one. I hope I'm not cursed with injuries again next year. :(

Seriously though, congrats to both of you guys. I'm glad the new guy did so well(lol at those smurfs who weresaying he should be replaced: i.e. chico, phx, etc) and Noto's team definitely dominated all season with that win streak so he did kind of earn that tiebreaker win.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Noto was lucky that he beat me. I had the best team every week, but that one. I hope I'm not cursed with injuries again next year. :(

Seriously though, congrats to both of you guys. I'm glad the new guy did so well(lol at those smurfs who weresaying he should be replaced: i.e. chico, phx, etc) and Noto's team definitely dominated all season with that win streak so he did kind of earn that tiebreaker win.
When did I say he should be replaced? Esp considering I'm the one who got him in the league so that wouldn't have made any sense.

Showtime

Reaction score
pretty sure you agreed with chico when he said it because he wasnt being active in the thread....

if im wrong then i apologize.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I think you're thinking about aid when he was mia and we were talking about replacing him.

shutupchico

Reaction score
yea i think i did say that. never saw him posting in the thread, that's why. he did get a little active down the stretch though, and also made the finals, so kudos to him for that. we do need to bring in a couple shit talkers next year though.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Yeah just lost it when the site was doing maintenance I'll have it up today.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
End of season Recap
Finals recap:
Drummond (1) vs Better Than you (3)
In what was the closest WS fantasy league finals in history we witnessed the first ever tie in the finals. Notorious won because back in week 6 he defeated CWalker in their only matchup in the season proving that every game truly does matter as you never know what implications it may have down the line. CWalker's mind boggling flub in leaving Kyrie Irving on the bench ended up being the difference as otherwise we would be hailing him as the champion after his first year in the league. Instead Notorious ends the season on a all time record 20 week win streak including the playoffs as the WS 2013-2014 league winner.
-------------------------
Season End Summary:
DRUMMOND

In the best turnaround in league history Notorious went from a 10th place team in his first year in the league to a 20 week winning streak to the title. He only made one trade all season which ended up being a key one where he traded for Lance Stevenson who had a break out year this year. His big men Kevin Love Andre Drummond having a break out year along with Blake Griffin having a great all around year were the biggest keys to success as he ended up initially and in hindsight having one of the best drafts in the league. He will head into the next season as the hunted instead of being totally under the radar and will look to keep his all time winning streak going while looking to repeat.
Best & Worst move of the season:
Best:
Bought into the Drummond hype
Worst: Holding on to Ben Mclemore for so long.
Sleeper player: Lance Stephenson

Better Than You
Almost couldn't ask for a better first season in the league than the one CWalker had. Ends up entering the playoffs as the 3rd seed and makes it to the finals but couldn't win it all. He made 2 trades on the year neither really you could say he won but in the end he got far regardless. Unlike the guy above him his biggest reason for success was guards as Isiah Thomas has a break out year, Ellis was solid all year with his new team and Kyrie had a good year as well. He will enter next season with actual expectations now unlike this year where no one knew what to expect.
Best:
Drafts Isiah Thomas
Worst: Left Kyrie Irving on the bench in the finals
Sleeper Player: Markieff Morris

OLADIPO + The BIG 3
Pretty much spending the whole year as a middle of the pack team he ended up almost making the finals for the first time. The highlight of his season coming in a upset victory over 3 time league champ Run N Gun. He seemed to have it in the bag to make it to the finals after leading over CWalker's squad most of the playoff matchup but barely lost. Despite not making the finals Brandon had a very solid year considering come playoff time he wasn't thought of as one of the teams who were going to do much after being riddle with key injuries through out the season.
Best:
Dumping KG on PSYCH
Worst: Drafting Al Horford
Sleeper player: Oladipo

PSYCH
Coming off a season where he made the finals it seemed very possible that it would happen again after being one of the better teams in the league all year on the strength of young star in the making Anthony Davis and fantasy dynamo when healthy which he has been most of the year Kyle Lowry. He ended up falling short however against the eventual champion in a very very close matchup. He has been one of the leagues more consistent good teams who seems to be on the verge of eventually winning it all but this year just wasn't the year. No telling how his season would have gone has it not been for some key happenings such as trading Cousins for Kobe Bryant. He will look to try to take the next step next year and not only make the finals but this time win it all.
Best:
Drafting Anthony Davis
Worst: Trading for Kobe
Sleeper player: Jared Sullinger

1999 Knicks
Came into the season as the defending champion with high expectations to do it once again but the season didn't exactly pan out that way. The story of his season seemed to be injury after injury. He did have the fortune of having the probable MVP of the league on his team in Kevin Durant but not even he alone could carry the banged up team past the 1st round in the playoffs. He did do enough to help carry the team into the playoffs however after it seemed like the team might miss them. His 1st season in the league was a surprise taking over a pre existing team and making it a playoff team. Then the following year won the whole league so this year was certainly a let down. Not to mention he had a bet with PSYCH that put his spot in the league in question.
Best:
Drafting Durant
Worst: Drafting Jrue Holiday
Sleeper player: Brandon Knight

Run N Gun
Looking to recapture the crown after a let down of a season after 3 straight championships looked to be on a good pace to do so but it ended up being the 2nd straight year of 1st round elimination. The team uncharacteristically didn't make any trades on the year until late in the season. Being content seemed be the reason for a steady regular season run as one of the top teams all year but may have been costly as it didn't work out in the end losing to Brandon's squad. The team will go into next year looking to break the horrible streak of 2 straight one and done seasons to try and prove the Run N Gun brand isn't a thing of the past.
Best:
Drafting Goran Dragic
Worst: OJ Mayo
Sleeper player: Eric Bledsoe

MAMBA¯\_(ツ)_/¯LESS??
PSYCH wasted no time this year making noise in the league early in the season and not for the right reasons. His first trade resulted in a rare occurrence which was a vetoed trade. After many questionable decisions part way through the season things started coming around for him especially after he did the unthinkable and traded Kobe Bryant. Went into this years playoffs exceeding expectations of everyone thinking he was going to be one of the leagues worst teams. However his love for Kobe Bryant were one of the reasons why it was less than eventful post season for the team. Not putting up a fight at all ended the season on a ugly note. If he were to ever not let his Laker love get in the way it could be skies the limit for him but may never happen.
Best:
Trading Kobe for Cousins
Worst: Picking a crippled Kobe Bryant up going into the playoffs
Sleeper player: Taj Gibson

downtown chuckers
Outside of the first year of the league where he finished 13th he has made the playoffs every year and has a final appearance to his name. However it has been all one and done ever since that final appearance. He spent most of the year this year as one of the better teams in the league led by his prized big man Al Jefferson who had a stellar season. The chuckers came very close to ending the streak of 1st round eliminations but couldn't pull it through. He has been one of the leagues best gms in terms of the draft and key waiver pick ups here and there but you have to wonder will he be the league's Dan Marino or will he make it to the finals again as soon as next season?
Best:
Drafting Al Jefferson
Worst: Not making more waiver moves in the playoffs
Sleeper player: Channing Frye

That Harden Beard
IYF has been one of the most consistent league owners in the league always having a good team and never missing the playoffs...well until this year. He seemed like he was going to get in the playoffs yet again but as the season went on it became less likely. This was one of the teams that probably should have made moves at the deadline and made more waiver moves to make a push but just didn't. He will look to get back on track to his playoff ways next season.
Best:
Getting Deandre Jordan late in the draft
Worst: Not making enough moves
Sleeper player: Deandre Jordan

David's Dying Wish
In a season which was billed as his last as commish it ended up not being the type of going away party he expected missing the playoffs for the first time since the 2009-2010 season. He was coming off 3 straight years of being the 1, 2 and 4 seed so to finish outside looking in is very much disappointing. After drafting Kobe and playing on PSYCH's Kobe love it seemed like he was going to have yet another good season but injuries and just things going plain wrong through out the season that didn't exactly pan out. Now going into the next year as just a team owner and not commish he will have to go back to the drawing board as to how he will go back to being a top team.
Best:
Drafting Kobe to trade him to PSYCH
Worst: Trading LMA at the time that he did.
Sleeper player: Gerald Green

JOB SQUAD
Last year after years of losing he finally got into the playoffs and started the season at 4-2 this year so things were looking up until he ended up dropping 5 in a row after that and then in the middle of the playoff race dropped 4 in a row to finish the year. Making bad moves had been the weakness of this team but not really making any moves at all this year made have been costly. Larry Sanders not delivering on his hype coming into the year and Brook Lopez going down with a season ending injury were huge blows as to why this team didn't make the playoffs.
Best:
Drafting Demar Derozan
Worst: Drafting Larry Sanders that high
Sleeper player: Derozan

Aidan's Swag Team
A new comer to the league no one knew what to expect so having a below average season in his first season isn't exactly a let down. Seemed to have a promising team with the rookie MCW coming out to start the season blazing and having a team with guys like Derrick Rose, Ryan Anderson, Paul George, Hibbert and at the time a primed for fantasy success after a strong end to last season Tobias Harris. Derrick Rose though started the season bad and ended up getting a season ending injury yet again while Harris never ended up living up to his promise and Anderson's season was cut short as well. Season just simply did not work out for Aid but no telling how well he could do next season if he returns to the league.
Best:
Picking up Ariza
Worst: Taking Rose over guys like Wall and LMA.
Sleeper: MCW

King of kings
Another new comer to the league with no expectations who you can't help but think should have had a much better season than he did after ending the season at 4-1 in the final 5 weeks. He learned a hard lesson in fantasy which is to not hang on to too many injured players at once esp if your team cannot hold up strong enough until those players are back. Had he not hung on to injured players all year this team could have very well been a playoff team but we will never know.
Best:
Drafting Joakim Noah
Worst: Hanging on to Javale Mcgee
Sleeper: Robin Lopez

I Have Hakeem
Early in the season it seemed like we had a cinderella story brewing after being one of the teams worst teams in the league was seemingly turning it around starting the season at 4-1. Then Chris Paul went down with a injury and he never recovered after that not to mention a big trade with chico which put the nail int he coffin ending the season as one of the league's worst yet again. Despite this it seems very possible that he will have a true turn around season very soon as he didn't make anywhere near as many bad moves as he did in the past.
Best:
Drafting Afflalo
Worst: The trade with chico
Sleeper: Afflalo

Last edited:

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Sorry, I totally fell off the face of the Earth but I knew I didn't make the playoffs. If time persists I'll join again next season and try to refrain from that lemon seller Chico.

Congrats to Notorious, I suppose.

shutupchico

Reaction score
season of tremendous recaps capped off by best one yet. they're not going unappreciated. i like the marino comparison. right now you're right. chico and marino are about equal, next year i overtake him.