WrestlingSmarks Weekly Update

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Hey everyone

This will hopefully be a weekly thread where we, the staff, let you know about everything that is happening on the forum to keep you up to date.

WWE RAW
RAW is tomorrow so be sure to get involved in the LIVE discussion that we hold every week. It is normally a lot of fun and the more people involved the better it gets. WWE RAW Discussion Thread

WWE Hell In A Cell
The PPV is one week away so head over to the Hell In A Cell PPV section and post your thoughts on each match thread and the PPV in general. Also keep an eye on the Prediction League and post your predictions in the HIAC thread that will be created later this week.

Wrestler Of The Week
A relatively recent addition to the forum is the Wrestler of the Week. Each week, on monday, staff will post a thread for a wrestler, past or present, that we think would be an interesting subject to discuss, members can then discuss everything about that wrestler's career. If you have any suggestions for who you want to be WOTW then head to this THREAD. P.S. This week Mick Foley will be WOTW

Tournament
We are currently in the middle of our latest tournament, Greatest Womens Wrestler of All Time. Head to the polls and vote and leave your thoughts on who you think is the best of all time.

A note to say that the ability to leave negative reputation has been removed. I have never been a fan of it as I don't see the point in handing out negative points like that. If you don't like someone's post then either ignore it or respond in a civil and respectful manner. I have also set it up so that users can now see a reputation tab in their user profiles where they can see a record of all the reputation comments that they have received. To view it simple click the My Profile tab at the top right hand corner of the page and then once you are viewing your profile click the Reputation tab.

That is all for now and it should be back next week with a new update on what has happened in the past week on the forum.

Thanks for reading

Reactions: 2 people

Pete

Reaction score
Hey everyone

This will hopefully be a weekly thread where we, the staff, let you know about everything that is happening on the forum to keep you up to date.

WWE RAW
RAW is tomorrow so be sure to get involved in the LIVE discussion that we hold every week. It is normally a lot of fun and the more people involved the better it gets. WWE RAW Discussion Thread

WWE Hell In A Cell
The PPV is one week away so head over to the Hell In A Cell PPV section and post your thoughts on each match thread and the PPV in general. Also keep an eye on the Prediction League and post your predictions in the HIAC thread that will be created later this week.

Wrestler Of The Week
A relatively recent addition to the forum is the Wrestler of the Week. Each week, on monday, staff will post a thread for a wrestler, past or present, that we think would be an interesting subject to discuss, members can then discuss everything about that wrestler's career. If you have any suggestions for who you want to be WOTW then head to this THREAD. P.S. This week Mick Foley will be WOTW

Tournament
We are currently in the middle of our latest tournament, Greatest Womens Wrestler of All Time. Head to the polls and vote and leave your thoughts on who you think is the best of all time.

A note to say that the ability to leave negative reputation has been removed. I have never been a fan of it as I don't see the point in handing out negative points like that. If you don't like someone's post then either ignore it or respond in a civil and respectful manner. I have also set it up so that users can now see a reputation tab in their user profiles where they can see a record of all the reputation comments that they have received. To view it simple click the My Profile tab at the top right hand corner of the page and then once you are viewing your profile click the Reputation tab.

That is all for now and it should be back next week with a new update on what has happened in the past week on the forum.

Thanks for reading

Don't you mean that they have GIVEN? Because we could already see the ones we'd won... Anyway, no need to do away with the red-reps. I kinda enjoy being WS's reddest non-banned member :D And a nice little red rep is a nice lump of coal in someone's stocking when they're being a douche.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Agreed with the reputation thing. I even suggested that on WCF.

Glad someone else finally acknowledges how pointless and immature the whole red rep thing is.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Why have the rep system at all?

We have the like system. If we can't red rep why green rep why not just have likes?

Also I don't know if it was intended but by having a Reputation Tab everyone can see why you got Repped.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Not a fan of red reps getting removed, and to be fair, it would have never even been a problem if someone who will remain nameless didn't whine to Troy when someone red repped him. Everyone else is mature enough to not make a big deal about something so pointless and trivial. Prime red-repped me a couple days ago as a joke, I thought it was funny. Pete got red-repped into oblivion and he didn't care.

Reactions: 1 person

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Don't you mean that they have GIVEN? Because we could already see the ones we'd won... Anyway, no need to do away with the red-reps. I kinda enjoy being WS's reddest non-banned member :D And a nice little red rep is a nice lump of coal in someone's stocking when they're being a douche.

No, I meant received. Before you could only see it when someone repped you, now you can see it whenever you want.

Why have the rep system at all?

We have the like system. If we can't red rep why green rep why not just have likes?.

The rep system is a VB mainstay whereas the Like button was only added as a modification because of how popular Facebook is. No issue with having both.

Not a fan of red reps getting removed, and to be fair, it would have never even been a problem if someone who will remain nameless didn't whine to Troy when someone red repped him. Everyone else is mature enough to not make a big deal about something so pointless and trivial. Prime red-repped me a couple days ago as a joke, I thought it was funny. Pete got red-repped into oblivion and he didn't care.

I like how people try to read my mind. I have disliked red rep forever, I have never liked it. In fact I didn't even bother with a rep system before the merge because I saw no point. I removed red rep because I didn't like it.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score

Can we bring red reps back just red rep this douche?

Honestly, I don't care so much, but when I pointlessly get red repped, it kind of irritates me. Glad it's gone so some of these fucks don't feel the need to get all pissy.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Troy you have always been able to see rep in the settings area I believe unless it's just a mod thing?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Troy you have always been able to see rep in the settings area I believe unless it's just a mod thing?

It was only set up for mods and smods I believe. I have no made it available to everyone, before not even I could see it.

Ben

Reaction score
The default setting is only being able to see rep in your USER CP/Setting Tab.

The way it is set now is where everyone can see Reps no longer private.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I pretty much only use likes to show my approval, very rarely have I had to neg someone for tarding out.

How come guy #2 up there has minus rep anyway, guy isn't that bad.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I pretty much only use likes to show my approval, very rarely have I had to neg someone for tarding out.

How come guy #2 up there has minus rep anyway, guy isn't that bad.

It's 'cause his rep wasn't ever that high because not many people use reps much anyway, and then Fab red-repped him, and since his reputation power is like 400 (because his rep is so high) it took it down a shit ton.

Aniking

Reaction score
Happy with the neg rep removal. I find the whole rep system pointless too if you can just like somebody's post, but if it's a VB mainstay then I'm fine with it staying. I don't see the enjoyment in giving somebody a neg rep when they make a post you dislike. If you don't like it then quote it and comment why as long as it stays on topic, or move it to a VM or PM. Simple.

Pete

Reaction score

I didn't want to bring the forum that shall remain nameless up here, but we never had a problem with it there.

Can we bring red reps back just red rep this douche?

Honestly, I don't care so much, but when I pointlessly get red repped, it kind of irritates me. Glad it's gone so some of these fucks don't feel the need to get all pissy.

Dude, I hate having to sound like my least favourite person in the webverse, but THIS IS NOT ABOUT YOU. When did I ever red-rep you? Yeah. And as for being pissy, thy pot doth calleth thy kettle dark-coloured...

Last edited:

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I didn't want to bring the forum that shall remain nameless up here, but we never had a problem with it there.

Dude, I hate having to sound like my least favourite person in the webverse, but THIS IS NOT ABOUT YOU. When did I ever red-rep you? Yeah. And as for being pissy, thy pot doth calleth thy kettle dark-coloured...

I see that's your favourite saying. It's not really creative, come up with something original there bud. And I never mentioned anything about you red repping me? I merely said you were a douche, because you are. You literally reply to everybody acting like your opinion is the only one that matters in the music section. You say someone sucks, and then try to explain to people who happen to like that someone why they suck. Kind of annoying bro. You keep saying that catchy little catchphrase of yours, even though you're a huge hypocrite yourself! Fuck off with your bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.