Wrestling Smarks 2023-24 NHL Fantasy Hockey Discussion Thread (SEASON FINISHED)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
I won't be able to do this, sorry

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Did you need my email for the league invite?

No, I shouldn't if you click the link in the previous post or the original one on the first post. If you're having issues, then you can DM me your email here or on Discord for it. :)

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Welcome to the league!

Reminder: The Draft is Currently Scheduled For Saturday October 7th at 6pm EST. The Draft Order will be determined by the site one hour before the draft. It will also be snake style, so each round the order is reversed. Here's hoping whoever gets first overall won't have their first pick (Likely McDavid) go on pace for a record breaking season before his body completely breaks down near the end of the regular season due to a Franchise's incomitance. Yes, I am still bitter about that for the Fantasy Baseball league, fuck you, Angels.

If you can't make it, then let me know, and we can discuss changing the time so that we can get as many people able to live-draft as possible. Regardless, I want it to be done over the weekend. If we can't find a perfect time, then I suggest trying to rank your draft on the site so that auto-draft can help you draft your team as close to what you want as possible. Plus you can always trade with people or sign free agents afterwards.

We are still accepting new members. There's two empty slots currently set on the default listing, but I can add and remove slots. Ideally, by Friday I want to lock the league in place. To me, it doesn't matter if it is an 8 person league, 10, 12, whatever.

We're doing Rotisserie style, meaning we don't need to worry about weekly match-ups, but get points throughout the season. Each slot has 82 games, so you are only really going need to adjust your line-ups for Goaltenders if they aren't starting, or if someone's injured or over/under performing. A little less stressful I imagine.

Rosters will be 22 players with 17 starters (9 forwards, 5 defensemen, 1 Utility, two goaltenders). The max numbers of goaltenders you can draft is four.

For points, I'm open to changing things with people's input, but currently I have these 14 categories:

SkatersGoaltenders
GoalsWins
AssistsSaves
Plus/MinusShutouts
Power Play PointsGoals Against Average
Short Handed PointsSave Percentage
Shots on Goal
Hits
Blocked Shots
Game-Winning Goals

I have current opted against using Points since Goals and assists already likely result in high points. I also wanted to give some benefit to defensive/physical players with Hits and Blocked shots. I considered Penalty minutes, but decided against it for the moment since technically penalties are often a detriment to your team.

Goaltenders I put five I think that works well. Your team wins, you get points, making saves also works along with stopping a lot of them. And Shutouts and Game-Winning Goals are rewarding players who are clutch. I have no problem adding or removing stuff.

In the end, I hope everyone enjoys the year and even if your team is under performing, I hope this is a great chance for hockey fans, old and new, to keep up with the league this year, maybe find some new favourite players, and compete in a friendly competition for bragging rights.

Can't wait until the puck drops!

@Frankensteiner
@THEDEVILHIMSELF
@Kairi HoHo
@#Waddles (Grapes)
@Mitch Buchannon
@The Doominator
@Alice Trooper

ice-hockey.gif

THEDEVILHIMSELF

Better Than You and You Know It
Reaction score
Are we doing rotisserie or Head to Head, because each require a diffrent draft stratgey

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Are we doing rotisserie or Head to Head, because each require a diffrent draft stratgey

Rotisserie. I'm doing that since the league did that the past two years with Jeff as GM and it has generally worked out apart from the COVID season having so many cancellations where we lost motivation part-way through, haha.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Rotisserie. I'm doing that since the league did that the past two years with Jeff as GM and it has generally worked out apart from the COVID season having so many cancellations where we lost motivation part-way through, haha.
that was such a rough season

#Waddles

- Retired Vet -
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Lace 'em up punks. This duck is going for gold. See y'all on the ice.

Reactions: Rosie

#Waddles

- Retired Vet -
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
We're doing Rotisserie style, meaning we don't need to worry about weekly match-ups, but get points throughout the season. Each slot has 82 games, so you are only really going need to adjust your line-ups for Goaltenders if they aren't starting, or if someone's injured or over/under performing. A little less stressful I imagine.
I totally forgot that this was a type of scoring. At first I thought Sky Tiger was cooking for us all.

• Haha
Reactions: Storm Trooper

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I totally forgot that this was a type of scoring. At first I thought Sky Tiger was cooking for us all.

...Good thing I just ate or else I'd be hungry, haha.

• Haha
Reactions: #Waddles

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I deleted the two empty slots before I forget in case nobody else wants to join. That way the draft can go ahead without it going "BUT WHERE ARE THE OTHER TWO TEAMS COACHES!?"

If anyone wants to join, like @Chris (Genuinely, if you want to join just through pure interest, I'm all for it, you're invited) or anyone else, you can just send a message here and I'll add the spot for you. :)

Reactions: #Waddles and Chris

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen