Wrestling schools

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Let's discuss wrestling schools. A lot of us if not all of us would agree that the correct way to get started in the wrestling business is to seek out a school and get training (Instead of wrestling in backyards and being a yardtard, that is a correct wrestling term btw). There are a lot of academies spread out in the US and in the world. Are there any particular schools that you know of, any you have heard good things about?

I have heard a lot of good things about Truth Martini's school, the house of Truth in Detroit. It has alumni like Zach Gowen, Jimmy Jacobs and the MCMG and all talk positively about it and come back almost weekly to help train the new guys, that means you get some great tips and tricks. It's also affordable, costing around 2 grand.

Have you heard about any good schools? Let's see if we can build a little database for any on site guys who want to become wrestlers.

Nano

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Website
www.pheed.com
I'd personally go to the House of Hardcore dojo, it's a school and I think I read the teacher was Tommy Dreamer

Stopspot

Reaction score
The HOH school hasn't even opened yet. I'd wait on casting judgement on it until we can see the first class of graduates.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Is the New Japan Dojo still open? If so that by a long way, the training was apparently madly intense there.

Stopspot

Reaction score
No idea if the LA dojo is still open but yeah, that would be a great place to train if it is still open.

Kowalski's school would also be good I think. It has produced guys like HHH, Fandango and Sandow.
Also the funking observatory.
And of course. Quackenbush's wrestlefactory.

Stopspot

Reaction score
ROH have their own dojo as well.
CZW has a school as well right?
And Jersey pro as well I believe.

Testify

Bully
Reaction score
Website
i.imgur.com
ZZFMFzs.png

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Team 3D probally trains in Hardcorelogy, crowd controlled presentation, ladder ascension, English, and of course, how to properly use a table.

arianna

The Showoff
Reaction score
I would LOVE to go to WWA4 and that's where i'm going... If it doesn't close before I get there. :notsure:

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Gillberg has his own school, I believe. :gusta: