Wrestling move query.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
The attacker stands side-to-side with his victim, both standing up and facing the same direction. The victim is lifted into the air, and the attacker falls backwards, with both landing flat on their backs.

Is this an inverted side slam? Or something else?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: This probably should be in the General Wrestling section.

Airfixx

Bit hard to be sure.... Who uses the move? ...Maybe post a clip.

newmie

Reaction score
!'m thinking you're talking about a Back Drop, it has many variations so I'm guessing you are talking about one of them. There is one where the opponent is lifted into the air, into almost a seated position practically on the shoulder of the attacker... The Dynamite Kid, Chris Benoit and Dean Malenko did that move the best, but many wrestlers do it. But then there is just a back drop where the opponent is basically lifter over the shoulder of the attacker and both men land on there backs..

Hope this helps :)

The Rated R CMStar

It could also be a belly to back suplex depending on the way the wrestler's wrap his arms around his opponent

noumenon

You're absolutely right...I'm an ass.....Belly to back. Back body is when you bend down and throw the other person over you.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Belly to back would imply that you're behind your opponent, not side to side, and this has ultimately been argued as a version of a German suplex instead. Side to side would definitely be a back body drop.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
^^Owned.

The back drop is the one you described, Seventh Reason. A belly to back is sort of like a sideways German suplex (why they can't call it a belly to side suplex, I don't know).

And of course the back body drop, as clarified by noumenon, is when the attacker is bent over and the victim is lifted over their shoulders and falls backwards (every time the Pedigree is reversed).

Reaction score
Looks like it Nou - repped.

Sort of like the Angle Slam lift, but instead of the 90 degree shift, both wrestlers swing straight backwards.

noumenon

Yup. You've got belly to back...belly to belly...overhead belly to belly...german...ect ect ect.

And it still is used quite often... it's just pretty much a filler move so you probably don't notice it. If I remember correctly Cena used it on Jericho last week and Jericho took a pretty hard bump off it.