Wrestling Federation X

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

Rate the WrestleMania Day 11-WrestleMania X8

WrestleMania III came off with an 83, tying it with WrestleMania XII for 5th place. Next up is one of my favorite WrestleMania’s…WrestleMania X8
WM18.jpg

WrestleMania X8 took place on March 17,2002 at the SkyDome in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

Results

WWF Intercontinental Championship
RVD def. William Regal

WWF European Championship
DDP def. Christian

WWF Hardcore Championship
Maven fought Goldust to a no contest

Spike Dudley pinned Maven backstage

Hurricane pinned Spike Dudley backstage

Kurt Angle def. Kane

Street Fight
Undertaker def. Ric Flair

Edge def. Booker T

Mighty Molly pinned the Hurricane backstage

Steve Austin def. Scott Hall

WWF Tag Team Championship
Billy and Chuck def. APA, Hardy Boyz, and the Dudley Boyz

Christian pinned Mighty Molly backstage

The Rock def. Hulk Hogan

WWF Women’s Championship
Jazz def. Lita and Trish Stratus

Maven pinned Christian backstage

WWF Undisputed Championship
Triple H def. Chris Jericho

Guest Appearances by Drowning Pool and Saliva.

I give this Mania 10/10, this is by far my favorite WrestleMania, up and down the card it was stacked.

BrotherBruti

Reaction score
On the Undercard of the Original Grandaddy of Them
8/10.

An odd show held at a time when the company on the whole was in decline but there was some good stuff. I personally loved the Undertaker/Flair match, an old school brawl done properly. Hogan/Rock was incredible to watch, Nostalgia can be damn powerful at times.

But a lot of it seemed pointless at the time, Booker/Edge and Angle/Kane seemed to be thrown together from nothing and Austin/Hall seemed like part one of a story that never went anywhere. And Jericho/HHH seemed like a mid card afterthought compared to Hogan/Rock. The true stars in wrestling were obvious that night and none of them had the name Helmsley.

Soulpower

9/10... RVD and Regal kicked off the event which was a sign of things to come. Kurt Angle and Kane had a better match than I think anyone expected, Taker and Flair was great and I marked out when Arn ANderson came out and did the Spinebuster on Taker. Austin vs Hall was decent, Rock vs Hogan was what it was, and HHH vs Jericho although everyone knew Hunter would win, was still a good match.

Montana

10/10

I actually purchased this dvd the day it came out. I agree at the time some matches like edge vs booker didnt have the feel of greatness, but i think its important for mania to have matches like that so 5 years later like today we see a main event caliber matchup on the undercard. (this year is lacking) I think its cool. Every match was good except the womens and hardcore championships.

circle

Reaction score
9.5/10 - the only reason it did not get a perfect score was the austin vs. scott hall match. That was brutal

Wrestling Station

8/10 It was a very good one. WMX8 had some decent matches, the best i think was the Undertaker vs Ric Flair....was great.

Reaction score
This was another okay event with a couple of decent matches and a classic Wrestlemania moment in the Hogan/Rock bout.

What's with all the high scores for these events? Why don't we just stop right now and say 'All Wrestlemania's are incredible!' and throw objectivity out of the window? We might as well if people are going to give unworthy marks to average shows. It kind of defeats the object of this.

7/10

Montana

This was another okay event with a couple of decent matches and a classic Wrestlemania moment in the Hogan/Rock bout.

What's with all the high scores for these events? Why don't we just stop right now and say 'All Wrestlemania's are incredible!' and throw objectivity out of the window? We might as well if people are going to give unworthy marks to average shows. It kind of defeats the object of this.

7/10

IF its one of the best ppvs ive ever seen why wouldnt it not get a ten? Im rating these compared to wrestling ppvs in general.

What are you comparing it to? Your own personal taste. Their will never be a perfect ppv if that was the case.

Reaction score
I'm not just talking about this event but the whole Wrestlemania voting altogether. If half of the shows rated were called No Way Out or Judgement Day they'd be sixes and sevens but because it's Wrestlemania nines and tens are thrown around carelessly. There is no objectivity, just excitable overrating. People were voting WM3 massively higher than it was worth. It was an event with two decent matches and a big body slam and people even said that the card was mostly filler then scored it a nine?! WTF!? People are mostly scoring by nature of them just being Wrestlemania.

I rated this a seven because I thought it was okay. WM17 was a lot better in my opinion but if you loved WM18 then good for you, I just think it's off that every Wrestlemania gets star treatment. If WM9 comes out with 80+ then this list will truly be pointless.

xtremebadass

okay enough, there is a new Rate the WrestleMania up, so why would you reply to this if the new one is up, it really gets difficult having to go back and calculate it, so in the future, dont reply to an old Rate the WrestleMania thank you

KaneMM

Reaction score
Out Of Character: I'll be posting the new shows whenever, they could be posted 2 weeks apart or a day apart, doesn't matter. My matches will be in review form, like a quick small paragraph explaining how the match ended and high spots. I'll be doing one show called Ignition.

200px-WFX_Wrestling.png

Backstory: In 2011 the WWE started to become a bit repetitive, with the same feuds being recycled and the same superstars having matches and everything became stale. So the WWE decided to take it's first ever Summer Hiatus, taking June, July and the beginning of August off, because they'll have plenty of time to think up some new and exciting feuds and also people would maybe forget the past feuds and get excited for the new ones and they were also hoping that new fans would start watching because now they can watch from the beginning. They quickly realized this was a mistake. Some wrestlers quit immediately, while others quit after the hiatus. With hardly any wrestlers and none of the fans wanting to watch, the WWE had put itself out of business. Then billionaire Michael Markowitz decided to capitalize and decided to make his own company, Wrestling Federation X or WFX for short.

Show Name: Monday Night Ignition. (not only going to post on mondays, just a name)

Superstars of Ignition:

Blue=Face
Red=Heel

Randy Orton
John Cena
Kane
Chris Jericho

Christain
Jack Swagger
Evan Bourne
Kofi Kingston
The Miz
John Morrison
Jeff Hardy
Matt Hardy
Mr Kennedy
Rey Mysterio
Sin Cara

CM Punk
Cody Rhodes
Drew Mcintyre

Zack Ryder
R-Truth
Daniel Bryan
AJ Styles
Dolph Ziggler

Sheamus
Vladimir Kozlov
Big Show

Backstage Interviewer: Todd Grisham

Championships:

WFX Champion: Randy Orton

newxredmid-1.jpg

United States Championship: A.J Styles

zkm7_byb-1.jpg

Pay Per Views: (will be after about every 4 Ignitions)

No Rules, No Limits(Extreme Rules)
OverLoad(Normal PPV)
Reach for the Case(Money in the Bank)
PowerSurge(Normal PPV)
X-Mania(Wrestlemania Type)
Bound for Glory(Normal PPV)
Revolution(Normal PPV)

TheGShow

Reaction score
I like your ideas in the backstory and they really tied me in. Looking foward for your next shows and PPVs to see what you do. I also like the choice of color and fonts, makes it easier to read.

So far, 10/10