Wrestlers of Past That Could be Successful in WWE Today

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kooldip

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Saw a post with this topic on FB (well, asking who wouldn't make it) and I thought it was a decent question! Which wrestler(s) do you think could easily make it in today's WWE. Or any current promotion (NJPW, ROH, AAA, TNA etc)

I'd go with Brian Pillman, Raven, Taz and/or Bam Bam. Any of those 4 would excel in today's WWE.

Pillman would get over in a second after cutting one promo.

Raven in his prime would be able to have some incredible programs with the likes of Bray and Ambrose. Along with amazing matches with a nice chunk of the roster.

Taz (granted he could do his full moveset) would be a lot of fun to watch, he was such a machine in ECW and got over so well with that audience.

Bam Bam Bigelow is so underrated it's laughable. WWE is all about big men, when one can work with the entire roster, they'll have a spot. Yes, Bam Bam was with WWE in the early 90's, but he had dick all to work with. Now he would have a plethora of talented guys to do the deed with.

What do you guys think?

Honorable mentions: Bobby Heenan (duh), Ted DiBiase Sr., Jake Roberts, Rick Rude, Vader and any of the Horsemen.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Chris Benoit
Eddie Guerrero
Owen Hart

No, I'm not typing these responses to troll the thread. When I think about the biggest shames in wrestling, a big part of it is the fact that these guys (while they would have been a little long in the tooth, they wouldn't be older than NAO or Kane) could have worked some solid programs with guys like Daniel Bryan, John Cena, CM Punk (if he was still around...still could have worked with him before his departure), Dolph Ziggler, Damien Sandow, etc. That's three solid workers who could work the main event along with the guys who are here/have been in the company in recent years.

wk

Reactions: seabs

Nick

Reaction score
Mr. Perfect. The character would fit well and now he could have better talent to work with. Mr. Perfect vs John Cena, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, etc. would be very entertaining.