Wrestlers' contracts

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

dstebbins

Reaction score
A lot of wrestlers ask for releases on their contracts from the company. Why do they have to ASK them? Can't they just quit? Can't they just give Vince a DX chop and say "I got two words for ya! I QUIT!"

Is there a liquidation fee in their contracts or something? EDIT: If so, how much is the liquidation fee?

Reaction score
Yeah if you sign the contract to Vince then your his bitch basically and if you don't like it tough and if you quit well you awe him money.

dstebbins

Reaction score
They sign contracts to keep them from doing that

This guy was absolutely no help, because a contract can always be breached. In fact, if you breach a contract, you're safe from punitive damages, because it's your right to breach a contract if you feel it's in your best interest to do so.

And phantomgerald, I do know what a contract is. In fact, can you tell me what specific performance is, and why it's never awarded in an employment contract?

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

my quitting words would be fuck you, not i quit, but whatever floats your boat

Enigma22

Reaction score
they dont just say "i quit" because they dont just wanna say fuck u basically. they want to leave on good terms in case they ever wanna come back. they can just quit i think if they want to...

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

ye i understand that they dont want to burn their bridges ..... but the sight of christian cage telling mcmahon fuck you would be hilarious

dstebbins

Reaction score
Well, it's easy to prevent that from happening, though. Like I said in the original post, just put a liquidation fee in the contract, such as the cancellation fee in a cell phone contract. The only limitation to this is that it has to be reasonable. You can't charge someone a million dollars for being three minutes late, even if they do so just to give you a hard time.

What I was asking was does Vince or Dixie do that? And if so, how much is it?

Reaction score
A contract guarantees employment and wages. Everything else is customized for the business and/or individual. The first post was the correct and succint one. No one wants to be sued. Even though it would bode well for TNA. Imagine, the guy who so desperately wanted to be in TNA he took a lawsuit. All news is good news.