• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wrestler Rating Series #6 - Seth Rollins

How would you rate Rollins as an overall wrestler on a scale 1-10?

Results are only viewable after voting.

white crow

The Serbian Butcher
Hotshot
giphy.gif

In my opinion the far best Shield member. He has such refreshing in-ring skills for this bullshit era. Kind of looks like a lite version of Shawn Michaels. His moveset fits his presence and persona really well and he can always put on an awesome ppv match. I would say that he still hasn’t reach his full potential and is developing rapidly. A good technical wrestler judging by today’s standards.

When it comes to other factors, his charisma is good but, just like every Shield member, he has to work on his mic skills. He’s not that bad in that aspect but he has to improve a lot more since he is getting a big push(deserved imo). In charisma point of view, I would say he has connected with the crowd in a quite good way even though some of the smarks hate him. When he enters the ring there is a lot of heat, everyone loudly reacts to him in some way. It’s WWE’s mistake for not having him more as a heel, he’s much better with that image and it seems that most of the people prefer it as well.

My overall grade for Seth is 7/10. A lot above average, but he’s still inferior to some current and past wrestlers even though he’s in top 5 WWE. If he continues like this he will probably become an upfront 8.
As always, cast a vote in the poll and if you want tell us your take on Rollins in a comment.

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
8/10

Some of his matches have been snooze fests (e.g. Ambrose match at the end of last year) and not all of his promos work ("I love this business" is cringe), but I agree that he is the best member of The Shield.

His antics outside of the ring aren't a good look and he basically lettings the smarks shit all over him. But I don't take that stuff into account when rating him as a wrestler.

Doxo

Moist Nephew
8/10. He's great-amazing in the ring and great on the mic, but there's just something about him doesn't really click with me. It's like he doesn't really have character, he's too white meat. What is his personality? Doesn't back down? There's a reason people look back while pride on slimy heel Seth, a Seth with dimension

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
giphy.gif

In my opinion the far best Shield member. He has such refreshing in-ring skills for this bullshit era. Kind of looks like a lite version of Shawn Michaels. His moveset fits his presence and persona really well and he can always put on an awesome ppv match. I would say that he still hasn’t reach his full potential and is developing rapidly. A good technical wrestler judging by today’s standards.

When it comes to other factors, his charisma is good but, just like every Shield member, he has to work on his mic skills. He’s not that bad in that aspect but he has to improve a lot more since he is getting a big push(deserved imo). In charisma point of view, I would say he has connected with the crowd in a quite good way even though some of the smarks hate him. When he enters the ring there is a lot of heat, everyone loudly reacts to him in some way. It’s WWE’s mistake for not having him more as a heel, he’s much better with that image and it seems that most of the people prefer it as well.

My overall grade for Seth is 7/10. A lot above average, but he’s still inferior to some current and past wrestlers even though he’s in top 5 WWE. If he continues like this he will probably become an upfront 8.
As always, cast a vote in the poll and if you want tell us your take on Rollins in a comment.

7/10

Agreed. Rollins is good in the ring, but I feel for the most part, he lacks nearly everything else. He’s better as a heel, even though he does all face-like moves, and his voice sounds like a dying bird.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
I like Seth when he's wrestling energetic, high quality matches against skilled opponents...
and since I joined I've basically been stating he should be "The Guy" instead of that other
former Shield member.

Well...it kind of happened...

To bad I stopped caring before then.

Also I know Seth has a bad reputation for injuring other workers...but I would like to think
they were just unlucky accidents & not caused by his own incompetence.

DualShock

Jobber
Seth puts on solid matches that doesn't stand out but what I like about him is when he gets to a point (similar to Hogan's "hulking up" or Shamrock's "zone") where it's time to end the match he has this passion where he doesn't care if ge gets injured, he's on fire. Similar to his promos, most are meh but when he cut's promos that are " personal" he has this passion no one has on the roster. I ignore the awkward segments with Becky Lynch and give him 7/10