Wrestler in Line for Major Push?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Going from tweener to face or heel isn't a full on turn either way. Since a tweener operates in the grey. A tweener picking sides is just that, picking sides.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Nope. He was a tweener before when he just did handicap matches, then he became babyface and then turned him full on heel, I believe.

I wouldn't really count him going from 'tweener' to baby face as an official turn from one alignment to another in this case. He didn't really change his character at all when he went from squashing jobbers to feuding with Punk and the like. He was pretty much a baby face.

I'm surprised they're turning him back, though. This bully gimmick seems entertaining, especially with the WWE touting their "Don't Be A Bully - Be A Star" campaign. It's funny to think about Ryback giving a promo about how he thinks the campaign is a bunch of shit and that people should stand up for themselves instead of whining about being bullied (the idea being that Ryback feels no one he picks on will dare to stand up to him.)

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Nope. He was a tweener before when he just did handicap matches, then he became babyface and then turned him full on heel, I believe.

No way. He was a face. He was a face until his promo crying about how mean Cena was for not helping him.

I'll continue saying it until someone listens to me, Austin Aries is the ONLY tweener on either WWE or TNA's roster in 2013.

Reactions: Aids Johnson

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
No way. He was a face. He was a face until his promo crying about how mean Cena was for not helping him.

I'll continue saying it until someone listens to me, Austin Aries is the ONLY tweener on either WWE or TNA's roster in 2013.
Once Cena AA'd teh rock brah, attacking anuver face = tweener cos Austin did it.

Reactions: Swift

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
I remember a couple months ago or so, EVERYONE was considered a tweener :pity1:

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score

Was Aries even a tweener? Seemed pretty heel for most of the year.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Every once in a while he cuts promos where TNA is clearly sending a message to anyone paying attention: Aries is a tweener.

He can work the crowd both ways within the same promo. He is the best, really.

T.R.I.C

Jobber
Reaction score
WWE needs more face people at the moment, not heels. Though I'd rather have Ryback on Smackdown as the top heel compared to Del Rio.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
While I'm not sure how they go about turning his current character face, this is not a bad idea. Ryback is not working out as a heel, that much is certain. For most of his face run, he was over with the crowd and getting solid pops. I know he wasn't popular with most of the IWC (because, of course, he can't wrestle), but he was pretty popular with most of the crowds he performed before.

The biggest problem with face Ryback was that he ran into heel Punk and the Shield during a time when neither one could be beaten (even if it meant...*gasp*...cheating) and his character, which had been unstoppable, was suddenly stopped in its tracks.

wk

Reactions: Aids Johnson

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Ziggler
Punk
Bryan
Adr?
Ryback

Probably a few others I'm missing out. Felt like everyone and their mother was a TWEiN3R.