WrestleMania XXVIII News: HBK Reffing HHH-Taker, Cena vs. Rock For The Title?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
- Shawn Michaels is scheduled to be the special referee for the Undertaker vs. Triple H match at WrestleMania. Since Triple H and Shawn Michaels have both failed twice at ending the streak, it lends something to the idea that they could work together to screw Undertaker.

Triple H might put his career on the line against the streak. The Undertaker vs. TripleH match will be promoted as the #2 match on the card, behind Cena vs. Rock.

- John Cena recently mentioned that his match vs. The Rock at WrestleMania would be even bigger if it was for the WWE championship. At the time he made the comments, WWE was strongly considered putting the title on Cena heading into WrestleMania.

The WWE title being on the line would make the match seem bigger and elevate the status of the WWE title. Additionally, if the title wasn't on the line in this match, it doesn't look great that the WWE title match would be billed as the #3 match on the show. That said, WWE is firmly behind Punk as champion and the Rock vs. Cena is already guaranteed to be a huge draw without the belt on the line.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Ugh, HHH vs Taker again. So not looking forward to that. So don't want the title match to involve Rock vs Cena.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
http://wweforums.net/showthread.php?tid=152&action=lastpost

:Laugh:

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
It's a big shame they're not having MITB at mania this year if they're insisting on doing Rock / Cena for the title. Someone like Ziggler could have become a made for life heel if he cashed in on Rock after he won the title. Hopefully it isn't for the title Punk needs that imo.

Taker vs Trips if that happens again I can see the streak ending. I can't see Hunter letting anyone get the better of him twice in a row. If it did happen though the ideal scenario would be Shawn telling Trips it's time to retire and hitting him with SCM into a tombstone then carrying him out to a huge round of applause. Why they are using this for HHH I don't know though he's a big name but he doesn't have a big enough tie to taker to be the 20th match for me.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
If they end the streak, I'd be so pissed. I'd hate HHH for life. Your scenario sounds good, Shawn telling Trips it's time, hits the SCM and then bam Taker tombstones him to win. I don't think Shawn should screw Taker at all, I'm generally scared because HHH's ego is something that will generally be a big factor to Takers streak. I'm already annoyed that HHH looked better than Taker last Mania, and he constantly goes on about it -.-.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Taker was GONE before the match even started, according to sources.
He said he's in much better shape this year :)

Also, the streak will never be broken. I can guarantee you.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Jonathan said:
Taker was GONE before the match even started, according to sources.
He said he's in much better shape this year :)

Also, the streak will never be broken. I can guarantee you.

I really hope you're right but Taker seems to be so old school he's gonna finish on a loss imo. That's if someone will take the streak haven't a few people such as Randy Orton and Kane turned down the win already?

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Vince has said multiple times it will never be beaten.
At WM26 a writer suggested it and Vince basically said never.