WrestleMania XL: Behind the Curtain

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Butters

That's Me!
Reaction score
so they were planning rock/roman and still had cody win the rumble? idiots.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
so they were planning rock/roman and still had cody win the rumble? idiots.

The story changed a lot the first few weeks but everyone seems to have settled on before the Punk injury the plan was Cody gets written off and can't challenge Roman so Rock steps in even though Cody won the rumble (this still makes 0 sense to me why couldn't rock win rumble). But when Punk got hurt they were gonna pivot to Cody/Seth which led to that disastrous SmackDown segment

Butters

That's Me!
Reaction score
I guess Cody getting "injured" and choosing the rock as his replacement is better than what we originally were seeing but yeah, just have The Rock show up at 30 and win. hell even have someone else win and say they aren't waiting for mania and they want their title shot at EC and lose then have The Rock show up to build Mania. still not great but better than what they were going to do.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'm perfectly happy with what ended up happening now, but yeah it felt like they made it so much more complicated than they needed to when Punk was right there as the other challenger and someone people would have easily accepted and liked winning in his first match back. Obviously, they'd still have the injury after, but it's odd he didn't just win to me and I get why everyone thought Punk may have called the audible himself when he knew he was hurt.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
The uncertainty in the days that followed that SmackDown segment and into that awesome press conference were pretty magical though.

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
I'm perfectly happy with what ended up happening now, but yeah it felt like they made it so much more complicated than they needed to when Punk was right there as the other challenger and someone people would have easily accepted and liked winning in his first match back. Obviously, they'd still have the injury after, but it's odd he didn't just win to me and I get why everyone thought Punk may have called the audible himself when he knew he was hurt.
WWE making a Wrestlemania story extremely over complicated for no reason? noooooooooooooooooooooooooo, surely not.