WrestleMania matches that deserved to be for the title

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
There were certain matches and storylines that were of the caliber of title matches.

I will start with this one...

Stone Cold vs Bret Hart WrestleMania 13

This match had a badass intense story.

It was one of the storylines that helped launched the Attitude Era by exposing Vince as the owner.

I loved it

What are your choices

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Mr. Perfect vs. Big Bossman for Perfect's Intercontinental Championship at Wrestlemania VII. It ended in an inconclusive finish when Bossman gave Perfect pinned him with his Sidewalk Slam and Hennig kicked out at the count of two. Haku & Barbarian stormed the ring and attacked Bossman which ended in a disqualification finish. Since it was for Perfect's title and it was on WWE's biggest pay-per-view, there should've been a pinfall finish.

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Razor Ramon vs. Jeff Jarrett for Jeff's Intercontinental Championship at Wrestlemania XI. Jarrett had defeated Ramon to win the I-C Gold and this was the long-awaited rematch. Ramon pinning Jarrett to win the Intercontinental Championship would've been the silver lining in what was a terrible Wrestlemania XI card. Instead, the match ended in an unsatisfying disqualification win for The Bad Guy.

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Razor Ramon vs. Jeff Jarrett for Jeff's Intercontinental Championship at Wrestlemania XI. Jarrett had defeated Ramon to win the I-C Gold and this was the long-awaited rematch. Ramon pinning Jarrett to win the Intercontinental Championship would've been the silver lining in what was a terrible Wrestlemania XI card. Instead, the match ended in an unsatisfying disqualification win for The Bad Guy.
Hold on friend we're talking about matches that weren't title matches but deserved to be

Last edited:

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Strike Force vs. The Brainbusters at Wrestlemania V could've had Tag team title potential. Both teams were very good workers. Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard had also defeated Demolition to win the tag team titles.

Reactions: Deadmanforever97

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Doink & Dink vs. Bam Bam Bigelow & Luna Vachon at Wrestlemania X. This match should have been for the WWE Tag team titles but it wasn't. So much build-up to this heated rivalry but all we got was a intergender tag match. If only Vince had commonsense at the time, he should've put the tag team gold around the waists of Doink and his sidekick Dink and have them defend the titles against Bam Bam and Luna. Now, THAT would've been a Wrestlemania we would've been clamoring to see.

Last edited:

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
If they were on the same roster at the time HBK vs Angle could have been a world title classic

I liked how they both gave it everything they had. To me this this is the match that put Kurt on Shawn's level at that time...

I believe this match deserved a world title

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Triple H vs. Goldust at Wrestlemania 13 could've been for the Intercontinental title. Both wrestlers held the I-C Championship the previous year and both were on the same Survivor Series '96 team. The match itself wasn't that bad but was overshadowed by Bret Hart vs. Stone Cold. It would've made sense to have them compete for the I-C Championship as the I-C title match on the card between The Rock and Sultan stunk and was met with a chorus line of fans chanting, "Rocky sucks!"

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Triple H vs. Goldust at Wrestlemania 13 could've been for the Intercontinental title. Both wrestlers held the I-C Championship the previous year and both were on the same Survivor Series '96 team. The match itself wasn't that bad but was overshadowed by Bret Hart vs. Stone Cold. It would've made sense to have them compete for the I-C Championship as the I-C title match on the card between The Rock and Sultan stunk and was met with a chorus line of fans chanting, "Rocky sucks!"
To be honest I think every match at WM13 was overshadowed by Stone Cold vs Bret Hart

WM 19 Jericho vs HBK could have been either for World Title or IC Title. It started a great storyline where they were talking about Y2J following in HBK footsteps, rest is history.

I say that was a great story and nice match to follow it up

Crash

Reaction score
I am of the belief that some matches don't have to be for the title to be important, actually adding the title sometimes would make them feel less important. Just 2 wrestlers going to war because they hate each other or want to prove something tells a way better story than having it for the title just for the hell of it.

Last edited:

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
I am of the belief that some matches don't have to be for the title to be important, actually adding the title sometimes would make them feel less important. Just 2 wrestlers going to war because they hate each other or want to prove something tells a way better story than having it for the title just for the hell of it.
That is true and practically the idea of the match. But the Title is like the Kaioken technique from dbz it amplifies ones power.

So i guess the the title amplifies the power of the match

Reactions: Crash

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
The Rockers vs. Haku & The Barbarian. Wrestlemania VII. Haku was a former tag team champion with Andre the Giant as The Colossal Connection. He was the workhorse of the team as Andre was injured and immobile. The Barbarian was one-half of the Powers of Pain. So both of these wrestlers had tag team experience. Rockers also had a very good match with The Brainbusters on Saturday Night's Main Event. They're quick, popular with the ladies, and electrified the crowd as an opening act.

This match easily could've been for the tag team titles.