WrestleMania 27: Edge VS Del Rio

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

StageBomb

Reaction score
Goldberg = TNA?

Im not sure if there was already a thread on this, but whats up with these Goldberg/TNA rumors.

Reaction score
Probably about the same thing that's up with every other Goldberg to TNA rumour, which is absolutely nothing. He's not interested in wrestling unless he's being paid more money than he's worth.

Wrestling Station

To make it straight for you guys, Goldberg retired from wrestling and now he is an actor.

phantomgerald

i regret bringing up the rvd to tna thread cause now everyone is linked to tna. tna doesn't need wrestlers. they need time and to get rid of russo

xtremebadass

Finally, I was waiting for a thread like this. If TNA got Goldberg, they would have it made for like 5-7 more years. They have Angle and Joe, throwing Goldberg in there would just make some of the greatest wresltling matches of all time.

Ox Baker

Reaction score
I'll chime in on goldberg.....

Who needs him? Nobody, that's who, especially not TNA. Listen, Goldberg is not a good worker, talk about not selling moves. He gave Bret Hart a severe concussion, knocked himself out against Kronik (anyone else remember that,LOL) and just didn't perform unless he was spearing or jackhammering someone. He botched a lot of spots in wcw and was about as bad in wwe. He needs to stick to his car shows and other stuff they need a "pesona" for cause he can't wrestle worth a crap, even with all the mma he did, just not a fluid performer, check him out on youtube, he's on several of the blooper videos over there.
0720GregValentine.jpg

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Yeah, Goldberg is garbage. He's a one hit wonder. TNA will get nothing out of signing him in the long run.

And the contract would probably be bigger than Angle's. I don't think its a smart move.

This Guy

^^agreed. Goldberg was popular because he was built up well on TV and because people sold for him like there was no tomorrow. Goldberg's time in wrestling has come and past. He was used well in WCW, made a good hit for WCW, but that time is over, you can't recreate it.

Also Goldberg signed a TV deal with Spike which is why he hosts that show (Bullrun, ironically a comercial for it just played as I typed this) He was actually considering TNA, but that has come and gone since they used his name with the whole "who is Christian's consultant angle" he got pissed and walked away from the negotiations. So I'm pretty sure he ain't heading to TNA anytime soon.

3lions

Reaction score
Goldberg was only successful becuase he was allowed to plough through an entire roster. The 'Streak' was a gimmick which helped hide his limited wrestling ability. He had two moves (spear and jackhammer) and then a nunch of power moves which he often botched. Anyone could've been in his position, he just got lucky.

That being said, his time has come and gone. He is no longer a MASSIVE name and his ego (for someone who was only on top for a few years) is MASSIVE and unneeded in a company like TNA. Also, has has caught up with Goldberg and I doubt he would have many good matches in him.

If I were TNA, I wouldn't touch Goldberg with a barge pole ... if he were to sign, then WCW : The Sequel is truely upon us.

X-Pac

Reaction score
Goldberg in TNA, now that would be awesome but I dont think he will ever go to TNA.

imported_Loki

Reaction score
i regret bringing up the rvd to tna thread cause now everyone is linked to tna. tna doesn't need wrestlers. they need time and to get rid of russo

rvd ant going to tna i talked to the guys at wwe niagra falls and they asked about the rvd rumors of going to tna and the big show rumers of going to tna and they said no chance they are still signed for atleast another year each:squall: youve been told kinda sad actually

imported_Loki

Reaction score

rvd ant going to tna i talked to the guys at wwe niagra falls and they asked about the rvd rumors of going to tna and the big show rumers of going to tna and they said no chance they are still signed for atleast another year each:squall: youve been told kinda sad actually

Soulpower

Goldberg has stated in interviews that he has little to no interest in returning to the wrestling ring. And like This Guy said, he wasn't exactly thrilled with TNA dropping his name a couple of weeks back. He's happy and comfortable as an announcer in MMA (and he actually does a good job) and I'm pretty sure he's doing ok financially, so he has no reason to come back anyways.