Wrestlemania 25....

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CT Styles

everyone says they should bring back Hogan & SCSA but imo doing that at WM would be like saying we dont have anyone on our current roster worthy of putting on a good match so we'll bring back 40 & 50 year olds to show them how its done. Everyone will probz disagree with me but thats my opinion.

EDIT: just a suggestion for a wm25 match HBK vs Taker?? The two Mr. Wrestlemanias arguably, well HBK is.

Airfixx

everyone says they should bring back Hogan & SCSA but imo doing that at WM would be like saying we dont have anyone on our current roster worthy of putting on a good match so we'll bring back 40 & 50 year olds to show them how its done. Everyone will probz disagree with me but thats my opinion.

Can't say I'd be enthralled by the prospect of the match itself between Hogan and... Um.... Well, anybody really, but if they treated it like they did Hogan/Rock (2nd or 3rd tier main event) and the rest of the card is sweet I don't think it would speak at all unfavourably about the state of WWE... I'd be shocked to hell if the wrestling world aren't expecting some kind of legends match on the silver anniversay of the biggest annual wrestling event ever.

CT Styles

^^ Yeah i didn't think of it that way actually lol. It will probably be like the 15th Annivesary RAW but heaps better.

Airfixx

It will probably be like the 15th Annivesary RAW but heaps better.

Ya probably not too far from the truth.... Gonna be one long motherfuckin' night! LOL

I just hope that they'd keep the promo's etc. away from the ring so that we don't get 10-15 mins of wrestling time wasted on entrances every time they want one of the stars to rock the mike. As long as they do this then I think they could just about get away with such an approach without making it seem more like a variety light entertainment TV special than a 'sports' event.

The Rated R CMStar

Here are some things I thing we will see:

WWE Title Match
HHH vs CM Punk

HBK vs Taker

Steve Austin in his retirement match

rosewt01

Reaction score
Website
www.123.co.uk
Favorite Wrestler
abyss
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Undertaker vs Randy Orton
HHH vs Batista
CM Punk vs Jon Cena
CM Punk vs Edge
CM Punk vs Undertaker
lots more....

The Rated R CMStar

Undertaker vs Randy Orton
HHH vs Batista
CM Punk vs Jon Cena
CM Punk vs Edge
CM Punk vs Undertaker
lots more....

Again, it's one thing the matches you would like to see than the matches that have a chance of happening, and to me you putting CM Punk vs Taker and CM Punk vs Cena seemed random

Airfixx

Echo's of WM17 maybe..... Cena turns heel on Taker to end the streak and win gold?

Hometown Kid

Just some WM25 predictions...
MVP vs. SCSA in a farewell style match
HHH vs. Mr. Kennedy(WWE Title)
Shelton Benjamin/Randy Orton/Rey Mysterio/Jeff Hardy/John Morrison/Big Show/AJ Styles??? MITB
Undertaker vs. Batista vs. Edge(World Heavyweight Title)
Elijah Burke vs. Kane(ECW Title)
gimmick/celebrity match...
that's just how I think it'll happen somewhat like that...except for Styles/Burke that's just wishful thinking...

Evil Austin

Ultimate Warrior vs Vince - It was confirmed that UW wanted it ...
Stone Cold to have a match he says it in his home town he wants to but not sure against who ? Maybe HBK , seeing as he is also from the same town ?
HHH vs Punk WWE TITLE
Cena vs Batista ?
Undertaker vs ?
Thats all i see right now.

The Rated R CMStar

UW can talk all he wants, Vince is not giving him that match

ayrton

Reaction score
I predict John Cena vs Ken Kennedy for the wwe title at next year's wrestlemania.Two of the biggest workers in the mic headlining the biggest ppv of the year.so sweet!

ecwrules1994

Reaction score
You know its funny. Yes it will have been 8 years since Houston hosted a Wrestlemania, but you could have maybe hosted it in another city. I dont know which one but you need to mix it up until you dont know of any other cities then you start doing repeats and what not.

Airfixx

They've done MSG 3 times... Sky Dome twice... Why not re-use a venue if it works well?

ecwrules1994

Reaction score
They've done MSG 3 times... Sky Dome twice... Why not re-use a venue if it works well?

I am not saying the Astrodome is a bad venue but I always like a new city every year. Only when your desperate then you start using old host cities for the event.