• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Overall, did you enjoy Wrestlemania 2?

• Yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wrasslemaniac

The Showoff
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
I'm looking for some thoughts, opinions, etc on Wrestlemania 2 for the next episode of the Wrasslemania Podcast (which reviews all Wrestlemanias).

What did you think about WM2 overall?
What did you think about the multiple city idea? Did it work?
Was it "celeb overload"?
What do you think about the card?
What did you like most/least about it?
If you had to rate it out of 10 (for our 10 count rating part), what rating would you give it?

any comments are greatly appreciated and will be read out in our next episode, coming soon

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
You know, I think I mostly enjoyed WrestleMania 2 because this was around the time I started watching Wrestling. I recall seeing something on television when King Kong Bundy attacked Hulk Hogan and I was pretty curious to know what happened next. But honestly, if I wasn't 10 years old at the time, I wouldn't have enjoyed it.

But if you're still looking for answers, I'm more than happy to assist.

Overall it was a pretty lousy show. But again, it was one of my first exposures to wrestling so it seemed really neat to me.

The multiple city thing didn't work. I recall being really confused about it as a kid. This ties into the next question about celebrity overload. There was too much going on at once. And not enough of it was wrestling. Even as a new and very young wrestling fan, I had zero interest in the celebrities. Well, I did like Elvira but anyone with sense likes Elvira.

The card was really weak. Even in retrospect, knowing as much as I did about the wrestlers, it was weak. Including all those NFL guys in the battle royal was pretty crappy. Ad the cage match between Bundy and Hogan was awful. If it wasn't for Bobby Heenan, the whole thing would have been a waste.

The thing I liked most about it was Bobby Heenan. That man worked hard even when given crap to work with. He tried harder than anyone to sell that main event cage match.

The thing I liked least was Roddy Piper losing to Mr. T. Especially because Roddy Piper was a Golden Gloves boxing champion and Mr. T had no real boxing experience. So having Piper make a mistake and bodyslam T was stupid.

I would give it a two for Bobby Heenan and Andre the Giant and Elvira. Didn't care about anything else.

Reactions: Wrasslemaniac