Wrestle Mania 17 Review

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

KyleFitta

Reaction score
Hey, guys its y2jericho22 here to do an another old school review. Today i will be doing WM 17. So lets get started.

1st Match Chris Jericho vs. William Regal decent opener nothing outstanding in this one. Jericho comming out got the Texans hot already. They had a decent fued comming into the match and they deliverd just that a decent match. Jericho pulled out the W in this won to retain (**)

2nd match APA and Tazz vs. Right To Censor Not much to say about this one what you really exspect looking at who you have in the ring this match didnt last long and not much to say about that (* )

3rd match Triple-Threat Match for the WWF Hardcore Championship: Raven (c) vs. Big Show vs. Kane this is one of thoese matches where people really overrate it alot there was nothing great about this match at all they did stuff basiclly anyone else could do nothing more then decent brawling and this isnt "hardcore" wrestling at all (* 1/2)

4th match European Title: Test vs. Eddie Guerrero: E.G really put the carrying boots on in this one decent match nothing great nothing bad just there (** 1/4)

5th match Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit ahh now we are picking up a tad great match by these two great tech. wrestling shown in this one by both men then as heyman put it angle turned it into a "brawl" any way this is a match you really what to see not there best match but a great one with great even action throwout the match and great storytelling by these to superstars (**** 1/4)

6th match Women's Title: Ivory vs. Chyna whats there to say least it was short (1/4*)

7th match Vince McMahon vs. Shane McMahon good story going into it good brawling and good story telling by these two got me into this match a little goofy booking at times but didnt really affect this match plus we got a CAT FIGHT! CAT FIGHT! (***)

Tag Team Titles: TLC II: The Dudley Boyz vs. The Hardy Boyz vs. Edge & Christian great great great match in this one. One hell of a performence will go down as one of the best matches in WM history. This match had great spots at great times and never got to spotty (take notice tna) all and alll this match was awesome (**** 3/4) MOTN

Gimmick Battle Royal WOW I spoke to soon about MOTN this had great storytelling great chain wrestling great spots everything you want in a wrestling match this had best match ive ever seen more over steamboat vs flair (*****) just kidding it sucked DUD

Triple H vs. The Undertaker good match from these two the story of the match was that these two hated each other and deliver in a fun brawling that went into the crowd. good effort from these two and one of taker's better matches to this point (*** 1/2)

WWF Title: The Rock vs. Steve Austin: outstanding match with austin turing heel in his hometown in one of the most shocking swerves in history of wrestling great match with good counter wrestling and good nere falls to get the crowd really into to this tons of people didnt know what was going to happen and were all very shock to see the austin heel turn **** 1/2

Final thoughts: this ppv started off like a wm 2 ppv but then kick it up with angle v benoit and after that some great other matches. This ppv is very hard to rate for me because you do have a lot of great matches but you also have bad matches and acouple really bad matches so minus the fact of the bad there was to much good on this show and i will give it a 9.25/10 and a big big thumbs up and the best WM ever. and here's to you

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I'll disagree with your rating for the gimmick battle royale. It was never going to be an actual wrestling match, it was supposed to be fun. Which it quite easily was. And tbh I'll take a gimmick battle royale over a Diva's pillow fight match or whatever any day.

Personally, I'd throw it probably two stars just for the entertainment/nostalgia factors alone.

The Rated R CMStar

I disagree with your rating for the main event. It was a good match, but not outstanding. Glorified brawl that only picked up when Rock fired up and started selling up big time.

Also, the heel turn was pretty lousy on that night. Booked perfectly, but it didnt work nicely, as Texas continued cheering Austin.

Only on the next Raw when he got the chance to cut a promo people started booing him

Beer Money Army

i disagree with your reviews..TLC was no where near a ****3/4 it was good but it ****...

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Hey, guys its y2jericho22 here to do an another old school review. Today i will be doing WM 17. So lets get started.

1st Match Chris Jericho vs. William Regal decent opener nothing outstanding in this one. Jericho comming out got the Texans hot already. They had a decent fued comming into the match and they deliverd just that a decent match. Jericho pulled out the W in this won to retain (**)

2nd match APA and Tazz vs. Right To Censor Not much to say about this one what you really exspect looking at who you have in the ring this match didnt last long and not much to say about that (* )

3rd match Triple-Threat Match for the WWF Hardcore Championship: Raven (c) vs. Big Show vs. Kane this is one of thoese matches where people really overrate it alot there was nothing great about this match at all they did stuff basiclly anyone else could do nothing more then decent brawling and this isnt "hardcore" wrestling at all (* 1/2)

4th match European Title: Test vs. Eddie Guerrero: E.G really put the carrying boots on in this one decent match nothing great nothing bad just there (** 1/4)

5th match Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit ahh now we are picking up a tad great match by these two great tech. wrestling shown in this one by both men then as heyman put it angle turned it into a "brawl" any way this is a match you really what to see not there best match but a great one with great even action throwout the match and great storytelling by these to superstars (**** 1/4)

6th match Women's Title: Ivory vs. Chyna whats there to say least it was short (1/4*)

7th match Vince McMahon vs. Shane McMahon good story going into it good brawling and good story telling by these two got me into this match a little goofy booking at times but didnt really affect this match plus we got a CAT FIGHT! CAT FIGHT! (***)

Tag Team Titles: TLC II: The Dudley Boyz vs. The Hardy Boyz vs. Edge & Christian great great great match in this one. One hell of a performence will go down as one of the best matches in WM history. This match had great spots at great times and never got to spotty (take notice tna) all and alll this match was awesome (**** 3/4) MOTN

Gimmick Battle Royal WOW I spoke to soon about MOTN this had great storytelling great chain wrestling great spots everything you want in a wrestling match this had best match ive ever seen more over steamboat vs flair (*****) just kidding it sucked DUD

Triple H vs. The Undertaker good match from these two the story of the match was that these two hated each other and deliver in a fun brawling that went into the crowd. good effort from these two and one of taker's better matches to this point (*** 1/2)

WWF Title: The Rock vs. Steve Austin: outstanding match with austin turing heel in his hometown in one of the most shocking swerves in history of wrestling great match with good counter wrestling and good nere falls to get the crowd really into to this tons of people didnt know what was going to happen and were all very shock to see the austin heel turn **** 1/2

Final thoughts: this ppv started off like a wm 2 ppv but then kick it up with angle v benoit and after that some great other matches. This ppv is very hard to rate for me because you do have a lot of great matches but you also have bad matches and acouple really bad matches so minus the fact of the bad there was to much good on this show and i will give it a 9.25/10 and a big big thumbs up and the best WM ever. and here's to you

And breath.

Seriously, I think your ratings were way off. The fact that you gave the show a 9.25/10 when only one match got above that rating seems to be a tad off.

KyleFitta

Reaction score
Im sorry guys i havent seen this event in a while so It was really hard to rate matches i saw about a year ago but Im glad to see your voicing statements