WRESTLE KINGDOM II Partial Card

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
From Puroresufan

NJPW "WRESTLE KINGDOM II IN TOKYO DOME", 1/4/08 (WPW/PPV)
Tokyo Dome

1. Manabu Nakanishi vs. Abyss
2. IWGP Tag Team Title: Giant Bernard & Travis Tomko (c) vs. Rick Steiner & Scott Steiner
3. IWGP 3rd Belt: Kurt Angle (c) vs. Yuji Nagata
4. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs. Winner of Nakamura/Makabe (12/9)

Both IWGP Heavyweight Titles will be defended at the Tokyo Dome on January 4th, when New Japan runs "WRESTLE KINGDOM II IN TOKYO DOME". After TNA failed to suggest a suitable challenger, Hiroshi Tanahashi will make his V2 defense of the "official" IWGP Heavyweight Title against the winner of Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Togi Makabe, which is set for the 12/9 Nagoya show. Many believe a brand new "Big 4" system of Tanahashi, Nakamura, Makabe, and Goto has begun in New Japan, the four headlining many shows and being put in the leadership roles, and whatever match takes place on January 4th will continue the new generation revolution. The long awaited dream match of Yuji Nagata vs. Kurt Angle will also take place as Nagata attempts to pry back the IWGP 3rd Belt from the man who defeated Brock Lesnar for it. This match between friends is likely to be the biggest feature of the Dome show. Nagata said that quite simply Kurt Angle is the strongest pro wrestler he has ever had to face in his life, and this will be his ultimate challenge. And in the other match announced today, monsters from two continents collide as Manabu Nakanishi goes to war with TNA savage, Abyss. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Champion, Taguchi, said he wants to defeat Wataru Inoue in his next defense on 12/9 and defend against a TNA X Division wrestler on January 4th.

Well the card for the TNA vs NJPW event is pretty interesting although the Kurt vs Nagata is a no brainer cause NJPW wanted their belt back but still should be a solid match. The Bernard/Tomko vs The Steiners is surely gonna be a classic and I can't wait till the finalized card is announced.

What do you guys think?

vickymania

Reaction score
the card looks good with lots of TNA stars having matches..steiner brother's and Angle's match should be good to watch..are these matches aired live anywhere on the net??

Reaction score
Man I am so excited for this. I wish it would come to ppv in the Usa. But it will probably only come out in japan bummer!:unsure: