• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WOW: Women of Wrestling relaunch... not even starring Tessa Blanchard anymore, wow

Deezy

DZ PZ
FB1_vwyXIAEVR9s

Look who's casting more people.

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Don't mean to bump an old thread, but I happened to think of this company as it is kind of gimmicky like Chikara was and on the website looking around, because I have thought about reviewing it. I thought they had done their new season and all, but nah. Anyways, they have their roster on the site, unless it is just the old one and haven't updated it, but when you go to training it has Selina Majors aka Bambi is the Head Trainer with Tessa being the assistant trainer listed, which is interesting.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Don't mean to bump an old thread, but I happened to think of this company as it is kind of gimmicky like Chikara was and on the website looking around, because I have thought about reviewing it. I thought they had done their new season and all, but nah. Anyways, they have their roster on the site, unless it is just the old one and haven't updated it, but when you go to training it has Selina Majors aka Bambi is the Head Trainer with Tessa being the assistant trainer listed, which is interesting.

We're a cool forum, bumping old threads is not only allowed but encouraged. Never understood why it was such a big deal in other places :lol

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
We're a cool forum, bumping old threads is not only allowed but encouraged. Never understood why it was such a big deal in other places :lol
Usually, the rule was like a year old and onward it is froward upon, and that is fine. I just know everyone came in here said their things and left, and I know people may get notified from this thread and be like "the fuck?"

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS

WOW Talent Claim Tessa Blanchard Had A Falling Out With WOW

It seems as if WOW Women of Wrestling is already facing issues, if people in the company are to be believed.

Via sources that work for WOW in a talent capacity, Fightful has been informed of allegations of issues surrounding Tessa Blanchard and WOW, after the brand looked to serve as a rehabilitation project for her. After Blanchard deactivated her social media, Fightful was told WOW sources that there has been a bit of a fallout between the two sides. We do not know her status for this week's WOW tapings, but that will likely paint a broader picture.
The issue within verifying the information is that many of the people who work for WOW have signed non-disclosure agreements and fear backlash from the company or Blanchard when speaking out. Based on those we've spoken to, many within WOW seem to think both have more power within wrestling than they actually do.

One source alleges that in a class in mid-April, Blanchard cut a promo on wrestler Samantha Sage, who is known as Americana. We're told that the promo saw Blanchard "tear apart" Sage, leading to many trainees speaking up. Per the source, acting classes were canceled from that point until further notice. At least one trainee was told that Blanchard would be less involved moving forward, but that's hardly confirmed. We reached out to Sage but didn't hear back.

Another source indicated that Tessa Blanchard is no longer in charge of training talent, and Selina Majors has been brought back to handle that moving forward. Another anonymous source said "If you are a fan of Tessa, you'd better learn Spanish," implying that she would have to work in Mexico.
The 26-year old Blanchard has wrestled only one match in the last two years, which was to drop the Warrior Wrestling Title to Kylie Rae in the fall of 2020.

One former WOW star speculated as far as saying that they believe Tessa is gone from the company, but we haven't confirmed as much. We reached out to WOW in an official capacity weeks ago, but haven't heard back.
There was a major shift in the plans for WOW last fall, which will tell you more about in the coming days.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Seems like regardless of Tessa's status, there's for sure a lack of communication if some talent aren't even sure if she's still involved

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Yeah that part makes sense and I'm keeping it in mind but seems to be genuine confusion from the sources that said stuff too
yeah I mean I agree with you as this promotion has been a little shade from the start when it comes to communication and the likes even with the public

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Wonder how bad(not bad as in terrible promo) it has to be for someone to get in trouble for a promo :lol like, what did she say??