• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WOW: Women of Wrestling relaunch... not even starring Tessa Blanchard anymore, wow

Stellar

Cowgirl Barbie
Assuming that this is true (I do like Fightful as a source, even though SRS has been vocal about being against the recent WOW reboot) it seems as if Jeanie Buss and the rest are going head on with the Tessa controversy. I really don't think that is a good idea. It's just going to push people away even more. We live in a time when people make up their minds on stuff automatically and there isn't much room left to convince anyone to change their minds.

The T-Shirt is one thing but to trying to get the two together isn't a good idea because it will seem like there is alternative motivation. It's better for Tessa to just move on and prove that she isn't what others accuse her of in a different direction. Let things naturally flow instead of pushing it.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Assuming that this is true (I do like Fightful as a source, even though SRS has been vocal about being against the recent WOW reboot) it seems as if Jeanie Buss and the rest are going head on with the Tessa controversy. I really don't think that is a good idea. It's just going to push people away even more. We live in a time when people make up their minds on stuff automatically and there isn't much room left to convince anyone to change their minds.

The T-Shirt is one thing but to trying to get the two together isn't a good idea because it will seem like there is alternative motivation. It's better for Tessa to just move on and prove that she isn't what others accuse her of in a different direction. Let things naturally flow instead of pushing it.

I think its a fair report tbh Sean seemed to think it was a juicier story than me and I I that's where his bias came in for this situation bc this really ain't much at all to me lol

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
I've been saying for a while you can easily make a whole fed out of cancelled wrestlers.
If I was not wanting to jump back into my TNA one, I would probably do it tbh. But I need to really get back on that one. Just can’t be bothered to actually turn my computer on

Deezy

DZ PZ
I think its a fair report tbh Sean seemed to think it was a juicier story than me and I I that's where his bias came in for this situation bc this really ain't much at all to me lol
Sean Ross Sapp being hyperbolic? Shocker.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
I also think Tessa will do fine as the casting director.

There's so many good indie women out there, unless they're doing some exclusive contract bullshit which would be silly, it should be quite hard for her to do that bad lol

But if they wanna he exclusive and their talent can't work for the other upper indies like ROH, NWA, etc. Then we'll end up with a bunch of unknown gimmicky stuff like the last WOW season seemed to be, I'd guess.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH

I honestly am feeling as if hardly anyone was going to fucking watch this beforehand... kinda like the last incarnation of the company where it was just people who will watch any wrestling they see on TV and a handful of hardcore fans. At least now, I can see a pretty decent chunk of people tuning in just to support Tessa, "stick to cancel culture", etc. etc. Like, they aren't going to watch it out of just good faith, they're basically going to watch it to be contrarian for a lack of better word. So, you've still got that casual audience who don't know or don't care about the controversy, plus the crowd of people who are going to watch it just out of spite... it might actually end up being more successful as a result.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
I'd be shocked if it wasn't more successful at first, maybe only if if they just crazy kill it by overspending or something lmao

I'll also be shocked of its any good but from what I saw of last season it will also probably be better too :mj4