• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Would you watch this?

dstebbins

Reaction score
Suppose there was a wrestling show that delivered its product exclusively online. Suppose they did this to free themselves from the contractual nuances of a cable network schedule (time limit, censorship, etc.). Suppose they allowed you through stream their show either live, or taped (of course, software is installed in the file that prevent you from fast-forwarding through commercials).

If you saw an advertisement for this, would you watch it at least one time to see what it was like, and then watch the show in the future based on your satisfaction of the first show? Or would the fact that it's exclusively online scare you away from it?

dstebbins

Reaction score
Neither do I, but some people would be turned off by the internet-only thing for some reason, though they never explain why.

PeepShow

Yeah, why not. It wouldnt hurt....lol

And if people enjoyed it, Im sure over time they would switch to TV to actual gain a profit maybe....

4lkz

Reaction score
Yeah, im all for something new, and this would really gain my intrest. If it was any good, I would continue to watch.

dstebbins

Reaction score
If it's free, then I'm in! lol

No, seriously, I would to see what it's like. You planning on doing something?

Actually, yes. I'm a business major in college, and one of the first assignments I was given was an essay on what my dream business would have been. The topic of my essay: A wrestling promotion.:emoticon:

Great One

Depends sololey on the company, nothing to do with the internet. If they had decent star power and big names I would definitely check it out.

Y2Jasmine

Reaction score
I would definitely watch just because theyre are so many moves that are not allowed by either the networks or just the company in general. Star power is not really an issue because if youve got good talent on your roster they can build themselves into big names. Everybody starts out as a nobody. Anyone remember Flex Kavana? But I would continue watching if I liked what I saw.

Bradders

Reaction score
That would be an awesome idea, WWE should do this with HEAT or something like that, I know they have 24/7 so its the same concept I guess.