Would you introduce a cruiser-weight division for 3 hour RAW?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
With RAW having an extra hour something will need to fill up time. Would you perhaps reintroduce the cruiser-weight division and utilize the high-flying talent available to you?

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
It's one way to fill the extra time. I'm not sure I'd do it if I were in charge, but it's a good idea.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
Sure as hell..

Kidd, Gabriel, Hunico, Slater, Sin Cara, Bourne and Barreta..
Add them, and bring back the Cruiserweight title.

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
[size=x-large]YES POLICE

cruiserweight battle royal to determine who the vacant Cruiserweight title will go to!
[/size]​

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Oh definitely. I'd love to see more highflying

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Sure, ala WCW back when NWO was hot there ere guys like Eddie, Jericho, Malenko, Misterio, Juventud, ect tearing it up during the first part of the show.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I'd love to see it personally, but if I were in charge of the company, I don't think I would. The cruiserweight division only really got over in WCW. It never really got over in WWE, which is why they got rid of the title and division altogether.

MarkyMark

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I would MarkyMark for this idea :yay:

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Oh please do!!!

They have the talent to do it, but just don't. Look at how over the X-Division is in TNA despite it being mistreated for years (thanks, Bischoff). If it's just going to be treated as more filler (as it was before) at least it'll be entertaining. If you want to stay within the 225-pound weight limit, even Miz and Truth would fit in there.

But will casuals care? These guys have been nothing but jobbers due to the outdated notion that it's all their good for, but they'd probably give Big Show more promo time if they don't, and nobody wants that. It's worth a shot.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
You can easily make them care. A flurry of consistent good matches = you getting over. Sin Cara was massively over. Kingston is constantly over because of his style.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I'd agree with you (good examples btw), but as Dolph's said it didn't work before.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Meh, clever booking, interesting story-lines and decent length matches is all that's needed. People could drop in and out of the division all the time (the smallish main eventers can anyway). It can also help a lot of stars careers too if used properly. Like the tag-team division - it has so many benefits.