Would you get tired of a long Bryan reign?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Already tired, when will it end...when Triple H comes to his senses and get's back to being the baddest burial artist on the planet...Bury H!

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Just because someone (face or heel) carries the championship for a long time doesn't mean things will get boring, even if it's an underdog babyface like Bryan. As long as they book him in good rivalries and continue to maintain that atmosphere that Bryan could drop the title at any moment, the fans will always be on their toes and interested (just so long as he doesn't keep it for too long... like a year or so, but I doubt anyone honestly expects that to happen.) A three month or so reign wouldn't do justice imo because it'll probably take exactly that length of time just to completely wrap up his programs with HHH, Orton and Batista.... which would basically mean is that if he loses the title after only a few months, he never even gets to defend and retain it against a fresh opponent outside of the three guys whom he already beat the night he became champion. Meh.

I could see Bryan holding it to at least Summerslam, and even into the Fall for a bit after that before dropping it without the fans getting sick of it.

Reactions: Wacokid27

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Give him some new, interesting challengers and good feuds and Bryan will thrive - keep him fighting Triple H, Batista, Orton for the majority of his reign and it'll get really boring. Too short of a reign would be bury his journey to finally get to the title, but too long of a reign (if he retains until WM31, for example) would probably get a bit boring.

Muur

The Artiste
Reaction score
Of course. I'd get bored of any reign eventually, I'm pretty sure of that.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Do I even need to reference the Punk reign in 2012. That was a fucking awful year.

RoyalRaven

Fooqy Booqy Biggest Gamer Winner!
Banned
Reaction score
Aslong as they don't just keep re-hashing Orton/Batista/Trips. He gets to defend against people like Ziggler, Lesnar, Cesaro, Reigns, ETC. it should be fine.

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I'm tired of long reigns period, I remember a time where the WWE title was changed hands like every week, that was like 1999, if we get shit like that again I will keep tuning in, a long Bryan reign would get boring after a while, I'd give this reign 4-5 months before I get tired of it, right now its a good deserved reign.

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
This Kane feud and match will fucking suck, leading to Vince blaming Bryan and taking the title off him well before SummerSlam.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
God why does everyone hate Kane now? He's not the same guy as he was in 2000, but he can put on a good match. If they let him be the big red machine like back then, then we could get a good feud possibly.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
God why does everyone hate Kane now? He's not the same guy as he was in 2000, but he can put on a good match. If they let him be the big red machine like back then, then we could get a good feud possibly.
I particularly don't hate Kane, but he really shouldn't be getting WWE title matches (granted, this will be just filler thus it's fine but it should stop here) or be anywhere near the main event. Based on how Kane has been booked in the last few years and the matches he wrestles these days, it's not putting the mask back on him that's gonna make a difference.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
I particularly don't hate Kane, but he really shouldn't be getting WWE title matches (granted, this will be just filler thus it's fine but it should stop here) or be anywhere near the main event. Based on how Kane has been booked in the last few years and the matches he wrestles these days, it's not putting the mask back on him that's gonna make a difference.
Exactly, it's making him look like a legitimate threat that is missing in his character. They need to have him do the things he did back in 97-06ish. That was the Kane we actually loved, and yes a 46 year old shouldn't be near the main event, but I imagine it's a way for Bryan to get more legitimacy somehow, and to slowly show dissent among the Authority (I call it the Corporation cause it's a fucking ripoff of it, but gotta be proper eh)?

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Exactly, it's making him look like a legitimate threat that is missing in his character. They need to have him do the things he did back in 97-06ish. That was the Kane we actually loved, and yes a 46 year old shouldn't be near the main event, but I imagine it's a way for Bryan to get more legitimacy somehow, and to slowly show dissent among the Authority (I call it the Corporation cause it's a fucking ripoff of it, but gotta be proper eh)?
Yes, good booking would help. My point is that I (particularly) can't be invested into Kane anymore as a serious main eventer after all these years, but for one shot like this it's fine. It's just that lots of people (not you in particular, some people from outside the forums I was discussing the show with) go OMG MASK 2000 KANE IS BACK PUSH HIM. And it's not like that, last time he got the mask back he sucked just as bad lol. I think this could be a fine one-month program if they book it well, but afterwards Kane should go back to the midcard asap.

Reactions: Nero_x3

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Yes, good booking would help. My point is that I (particularly) can't be invested into Kane anymore as a serious main eventer after all these years, but for one shot like this it's fine. It's just that lots of people (not you in particular, some people from outside the forums I was discussing the show with) go OMG MASK 2000 KANE IS BACK PUSH HIM. And it's not like that, last time he got the mask back he sucked just as bad lol. I think this could be a fine one-month program if they book it well, but afterwards Kane should go back to the midcard asap.
Same on my part. Kane shouldn't get the title again, his last hurrah in 2010 was fine by me, but to see him go for it once more I have no problem with, I just can't view him as the most credible challenger out there. Also, I feel you about the idiots who think it works that way. As much as I liked 2000 Kane, just putting the mask back on him does nothing, it's all about booking and character build.

Reactions: Leo C

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Regarding the Kane situation, I actually see this as his last hurrah. He'll get a nice little one-month feud against Bryan, which will end with Kane getting pinned/submitting at Extreme Rules (at least that's my guess). There will likely be a match stip that Kane is fired if he loses or HHH/Steph will fire Kane after he loses (if it's HHH who fires Kane, I'd expect one last "flare of rebellion" with Kane delivering a chokeslam to HHH to a huge pop), after which Kane will retire.

So, I doubt there will be a return to the midcard in the future for Kane. But, a return to "regular life" for him (and a likely position in the House of Representatives) are probably in his near future.

wk

Reactions: seabs