Would you agree that this recent Wrestlemania event(WM33) was much better...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Aztecwarrior480

The Artiste
Reaction score
than the last 6 Wrestlemanias?

I honestly think so. From the Hardy Boyz surprise return and victory, intense match between AJ Styles and Shane-O-Mac, to The Undertaker's 2nd Wrestlemania loss and hints of The Undertaker's soon retirement, I'm quite satisfied and impressed with the Wrestlemania 33 event.

Last edited:

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
Absolutely, and probably even further back.

Wrasslemaniac

The Showoff
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Absolutely, hell of an improvement on last year. only part of the show i didn't like was Pitbull. Who really wants to see a musical intermission but then I suppose, gotta let the folks get a bathroom break as some point

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Nah, I personally liked WM 30 better, but hey, it was much better than last year's WM.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I liked mania 30 and 31. I also liked 28 and 25. This one is arguably better.

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
I would say it was better than 32 by a mile. I personally liked 31 myself, but this could beat it. I didn't really enjoy 30 all that much myself so I would rank this higher. 29 was meh while I really liked 28. I would also say this was better than 27. Overall it was a good Mania but I wouldn't personally say it was the best in years. Hardy Boys return made me enjoy it quite a bit more

Aztecwarrior480

The Artiste
Reaction score
I would say it was better than 32 by a mile. I personally liked 31 myself, but this could beat it. I didn't really enjoy 30 all that much myself so I would rank this higher. 29 was meh while I really liked 28. I would also say this was better than 27. Overall it was a good Mania but I wouldn't personally say it was the best in years. Hardy Boys return made me enjoy it quite a bit more
I thought 32 was okay. WM31 on the other hand, I felt is overrated since most of their matches, especially HHH vs Sting(nothing more than an excuse for HHH to bury yet again another WCW talent), were disappointments while matches like The Undertaker vs Bray Wyatt were pointless(no tensions or real purpose behind the match, just a random filler match thrown in for the sake of The Undertaker wrestling a match while working part-time). The Rock and Ronda Rousey segment(the same female MMA fighter who cried and contemplated suicide over one MMA loss for her first time ever and pretends that she never lost to Holly Holm, like a disrespectful sore loser) also felt a little forced and dragged on until sunset so the pointless match between Taker and Bray.

That's just my opinions on the last two Wrestlemanias.

Last edited:

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
30 was bloody glorious due to the Bryan factor alone. Was that the year Cesaro was hugely over also, before he joined up with Heyman?
Yup. Mania 30 was when Cesaro Andréslammed Big Show out of the memorial battle royal to win the giant chocolate André the Giant

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
The last six 'manias...

I have to say I feel as though 30 was better, beyond the fact that D-Bryan won, but also because of Cesaro, Bray vs Cena, the streak ending, the opening segment...As well I say 28 was solid as well and 31 was respectable. But this year's Mania was overall solid.

Then came....He-Man Reigns...

Last edited:

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
30 was bloody glorious due to the Bryan factor alone. Was that the year Cesaro was hugely over also, before he joined up with Heyman?

Indeed it was.

And welcome back, man!

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I was an all round better show than 32...
but...
I still think it was overbooked and the match order was a mess...

Too much time went to Styles/McMahon & HHH/Rollins and not enough
time was given to the ladies of both brands or Orton/Wyatt.

There were a lot of highlights for me which I've covered in a separate
thread...but...for me it still felt a little uneven.

I honestly think the WWE should book Wrestlemania 34 as a 2 day event
and combine it with the NXT TakeOver of that weekend.

Have 2 full days of wrestling with matches from RAW, SmackDown &
NXT on both days. It would give the NXT brand and it performers a great
opportunity for "mainstream" exposure and help the WWE create new stars.

Of course the main reason to do this would be to give each match enough
time for the performers to actually "perform" and not just be given 5 and half
fucking minutes.

No...I'm never getting over that...