Would TNA pick up John Cena?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Timmy T

Reaction score
I think this thread is dumb but that sig is totally sweet and or awesome Rell

Beer Money Army

fucking oath they would... Hell if i was competing against WWE... cena quit.. i would hire him.. I hate the cunt.. but he would gain alot of viewers. But i wouldnt give him world championship.. I would make him one of those attraction for the 1st 4-6 months.. Feud with the upper midcarders first.. So those young talents can make a name for themselfs and get acknowledge by the wrestling fans/mainsteam cena fans....

Then get him feuding with the main eventers...

I wouldnt do what WCW did to hogan 1st match bam world title match.. that's just an stupid Move....

My 1st feud with Cena in TNA would be either with Robert Roode or AJ styles or Abyss or Judas mesias.... To start things off..

He doesnt need to Be BAM!! cena/angle or Cena/Joe or Cena/Cage or Cena/Sting straight away.. Cena would start as upper midcard but he would have to work his way up.. Plus the fans would like that and you would gain more viewers in the long run...

Triple H

Reaction score
It would be the smartest decision TNA ever made if they picked up Cena. The fact he has a huge fan base with WWE means they would draw over to watch him on TNA which means TNA would have a better chance of beating the WWE with their ratings. Cena would be smart for buisness. Hate him or Love him but he brings the ratings up.

Switchy

Reaction score
As Peep already mentioned, money is the main factor and TNA doesn't have any money as it is. Once they raise some funds then Cena may join one day but I can only see that being when he's in his 50's and gone from WWE and he'd be like the washed up superstars like Nash. Cena would never leave WWE as long as their the number one wrestling company and they offer him the most money as well as title reigns (which TNa would give him but still, money is the main factor in it imo).

smark101.

Reaction score
all of you guys are crazy...

tna would not pick up cena... the fans in tna hate cena, and would hate him even more if he went there...

it'd be exactly like when bret hart went to wcw. his hype died down drastically because they didn't know how to use him...

tna wouldn't use cena in the way wwe uses him, therefore, his stock would fall drastically. mainly because he's just an average wrestler AT BEST.

Switchy

Reaction score
^^It's technically the truth though. They'd give up the likes of Joe and AJ to raise the funds to be able to affor his wages and I think the only people who would be safe is Booker, Cage and Angle. no offense to TNA I'm sure nearly every fed in the world would love to have Cena just some would go to more drastic measures to get him...

smark101.

Reaction score
^^It's technically the truth though. They'd give up the likes of Joe and AJ to raise the funds to be able to affor his wages and I think the only people who would be safe is Booker, Cage and Angle. no offense to TNA I'm sure nearly every fed in the world would love to have Cena just some would go to more drastic measures to get him...

please... read the last post on page 2 of this thread... then argue with me, if you can.

HHHforever

Reaction score
TNA would give up its entire roster to have John Cena.

I couldn't agree more. Love him or hate him he's a HUGE draw. People would come from all over just to boo him if nothing else. So he'd either draw a massive following and sell merchandise and tickets/PPV's or people would hate him so much they'd draw massive crowds just to boo him and sell PPV's in the hope that he would lose.

gcwflairchop

Reaction score
Sure they would pick up Cena. He's a name and he's young.

And he's not without ability. He just needs to learn how to sell in the ring.

Working with guys like Angle and Joe could help that too.

That being said, he's probably pulling at least a million a year right now. And I don't think TNA is going to pay that kind of dough for anyone.

schuy7

Reaction score
They would pick him in a second, and I belive a Cena vs Joe rivalry would be amazing, all tho I hope Joe would get the better of it, since that I like TNA more than the WWE. And Cena wins to much. And becuase Joe is gonna KILL you.