Would Bret Hart forgive HBK? Induct him in to the HOF?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
The following are some excerpts from a new interview with Bret "The Hitman" Hart, from SkySports.com:

On Forgiving Shawn Michaels: “For me I don’t really have much issue with it anymore,” Hart said. “If you asked me that up until probably about a year ago I’d have probably said something different. But I’ve cooled off a bit now. I don’t want to carry it around anymore. If he wanted to apologize I would accept it. I’d move on but I wouldn’t forget it.”

On Inducting HBK Into WWE
Hall Of Fame: “Maybe if he wants to make himself feel better about it he should have the guts to pick up the phone and apologize,” Hart said. “Then we’ll see after that.”

Well now all there is for Shawn to call him up and apologize and we will see what happens from there. Pretty cool this story comes up while it was being talked about here earlier and such.

Anyway my source is WZ.

MikeRaw

Shit man, I'm a massive Bret fan, and like him more than HBK, but I don't like how Bret is just sittin gon his ass waiting for HBK to come to him and apoligize. He could pick up the phone just as easily.

Travis40

Why in the hell would Shawn apologize for Bret being a whiny bitch, and not wanting to drop the belt in his country. That's like Randy Orton saying he doesn't want to drop the belt because there's a show in Buffalo, and he's an American. Fuck Bret Hart, he's just a whiny little bitch, and has to realize that he was wrong.

MikeRaw

Why in the hell would Shawn apologize for Bret being a whiny bitch, and not wanting to drop the belt in his country. That's like Randy Orton saying he doesn't want to drop the belt because there's a show in Buffalo, and he's an American. Fuck Bret Hart, he's just a whiny little bitch, and has to realize that he was wrong.

Hey, chill man. I agree, and I as one of the first to point it out, that he needs to apoligize as well. BUT, Shawn did some huge shit, to many people, even other than Bret, that made it easy for a guy like Bret to not want to drop the belt to him. It wasn't as much about Canada as it was about not wanting to drop it to Shawn. As I said in the other thread though (in the Street Fight) lol @ both of them for being 12 years later, and still being bitter. Even if I do like both guys.

Great One

I could have sworn HBK has already apologised to him... I'm like 90% sure on that. He's said it in some form before, so I dunno. And I don't really think Shawn is bitter at all.. is he?

Airfixx

Shawn is blatantly not bitter about it... I mean, why would he be? What's he got to feel bitter about?

Bret's the one that tarnished his legacy with WWE (and ultimately his career).

@ Mike: HBK & Vince have both repeatedly refered to Bret cisting his issue as not wanting to drop the strap on home turf.... What makes you so determined to refute such an idea?

The Rated R CMStar

HBK has apologized...to everybody as to what he did during his run before the injury. He has never denied he was a bastard.

Funny part is that in that interview he says he is already over the Montreal Screwjob.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
There's a huge difference in meaning between saying you're sorry in the media and saying sorry to someone personally.

Klide

i dont see why really but^ you do have a point about the media and some one personally only time will tell

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Shit man, I'm a massive Bret fan, and like him more than HBK, but I don't like how Bret is just sittin gon his ass waiting for HBK to come to him and apoligize. He could pick up the phone just as easily.

Maybe I'm miss-understanding what you mean, but you really don't mean that you want Bret to call HBK so that HBK can apoligize to him?

If you had a relative or a close friend that had passed away, and one of your good friends talked about them, disrespecting you and them, would you call them and tell them to apoigize?

If you and a friend of yours created the Fountain of Youth, or a pill or something similar to it, and he toke all the credit, got all the money, while you got nothing. Eventually lost your job, your wife, soon to become homeless, would you call him and ask him to apoligize to you for taking all the credit for everything?

Reaction score
Bret Hart is just plain wrong and tasteless to be the one to HBK. The only one's who could really induct him are Flair, HHH, or any member of the Kliq, or Jose Lothario. Having a person whom you have bad blood with is just tacky.

I think for how holier-than-thou Bret always tried to act in the biz, this just showed him to be one of the biggest hypocrites and crybabies in wrestling history. If you really honor the traditions and customs of the biz, as Bret insists he did/does, you do the job. You do what the man paying you asks. You be professional, be respectful and curteous. Bret made it clear from the get-go that he wasn't going to do what was asked of him, because he was thought as a hero in his homeland and that suggests a diva attitude. Vince basically was stuck in a shit hole and pretty much handled the situation as professionally as the cut-throat industry allows. Bret could have easily taken the belt down south and thrown it in the garbage like Madusa did years before on Nitro. 3 million dollars a year would make any honorable wrestler do anything. I think Bret left Vince with no other choice.

As far as Micheals being involved, I really don't think he needs to apologize to Bret personally. He was just doing his job, and that was to protect the company he worked for. You don't see security guards apologizing to crooks who try to rip their stores when they're gettin arrested, Micheals was just doing some possible loss prevention. He was just doing business since Bret didn't want to. If it were the old times, Bret wouldn't've had a choice, he'd either drop it to whom the promoter wanted him to or the promoter would but a hooker in there to legit take it from him. And the Harris Bros. wanted to legit beat the shit out of Hart for being such a diva, so things really could have ended worse for Bret.

This Guy

^^ah another thing for us to debate (we will see if it gets that far)

1st Point you made is that it would be tasteless for Bret to induct HBK? I'm not sure how its tasteless. I agree there are better choices (Nash, Triple H, Flair, Lothario, Jericho even) but if HBK wants Bret to induct him as a way of showing that all of this bull crap from 1997 is behind them both why is that tastless. If HBK asks and Bret accepts and they can stand on a stage together and shake hands I think thats a class act on both men's part.

2nd point, I agree, Bret didn't want to do buisness. And although that was wrong Vince still had the final say. Bret didn't have creative control in his contract. Vince could have said, tough your dropping the belt tonight, but no he agreed with Bret and said we will do run ins and a double dq. So at that point Vince lied because he didn't have the grapefruits to tell Bret no.

3rd point the apology. Bret isnt asking for an apology about Shawn being involved, just as he never asked or got one from Vince. Vince apologized face to face man to man to Bret for lying to him. Vince told Bret, he isn't sorry for what he did because he still feels it was the right outcome but he is sorry for how it happened and that he lied to Bret. This is really all Bret would be looking for from Shawn. If you watch Wrestling with Shadows, Bret was in the locker room after the match and Shawn was there in the room too, and Bret asks Shawn, "did you know Vince was going to do this?" and Shawn says "no, I had no idea" meanwhile Bret's then wife Julie is in the hallway giving the gears to Hunter who also his proclaiming his innocence. Did you know that even Triple H has now apologized face to face to Bret for lying. Triple H has gone on record saying it was his idea to screw Bret and he stands behind that decision. But he apologized to Bret for lying to him about being in on it. Again you never hear Bret rip on Vince or Triple H. Why because they admitted that they lied to him. Shawn has as well but only publicly. So from Bret's view its just for show to make Shawn look like the good guy. Bret is looking for Shawn to apologize for lying to him face to face that is all.

So I think Bret is owed a personal apology on this issue from Shawn...however I am not saying I don't believe that Bret doesn't owe apologies to Vince or Shawn for not doing buisness properly and just agreeing to drop the belt on the way out. (though from what I've heard he has apologized to Vince for spitting on him and punching him)

Reaction score
I could have sworn HBK has already apologised to him... I'm like 90% sure on that. He's said it in some form before, so I dunno. And I don't really think Shawn is bitter at all.. is he?

Shawn is blatantly not bitter about it... I mean, why would he be? What's he got to feel bitter about?

Bret's the one that tarnished his legacy with WWE (and ultimately his career).

@ Mike: HBK & Vince have both repeatedly refered to Bret cisting his issue as not wanting to drop the strap on home turf.... What makes you so determined to refute such an idea?

Shawn has BEEN over this. Forgiveness is a gift of wisdom, it's time Bret remembered that. I bet you that if HBK called Bret up right now to apologize that Bret is still so bitter that he'd still not let it go.And you thought us chicks knew how to hold a grudge.

Kaedon

Reaction score
I don’t want to carry it around anymore.

“Maybe if he wants to make himself feel better about it he should have the guts to pick up the phone and apologize,”

Im over it, NO IM NOT, YES I AM!

JimmyD

Reaction score
Im over it, NO IM NOT, YES I AM!

To be fair Kae, that second quote was in response to the seperate question of whether he would induct HBK into the HoF. If I was Bret, that suggestion would have irked me too, regardless of how willing I was to let it go.