World Wrestling Federation ~ It's a way of life

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Evil Austin

World Wrestling Federation | It’s a way of life
Summerslam 2000

SS2000.jpg

The thirteenth annual Summerslam event, came onto the air on the seventeenth of August 2000 in North Carolina in which was to be quite possibly the most anticipated Summerslam event in history; with ten huge matchups in one evening, it was going to be a night to remember, and that’s exactly what it was. The night began with a six man tag team contest, between the team of Right to Censor (The Goodfather, Steven Richards, and Bull Buchanan) and Too Cool (Rikishi, Scotty 2 Hotty, and Grandmaster Sexay). Too Cool gained the early advantage, but The Goodfather retaliated by hitting a Big Boot on Sexay. Right to Censor continued with the advantage until midway into the match, when Richards attempted a aerial technique. Sexay, however, crotched Richards on the top turnbuckle and Superplexed him. Hotty was then tagged into the match, where he attempted to deliver a Worm to no avail, as Richards delivered a superkick on Hotty before pinning him to win the match. The next match was the encounter of Road Dogg and X-Pac. Both men fought back and forth in the beginning of the match, but Dogg gained the advantage after countering an X-Factor into a powerbomb. Although Dogg had the advantage, X-Pac retaliated by successfully hitting a low blow and another X-Factor into a pinfall and winning the match. After the match, Road Dogg hit X-Pac with a pumphandle slam and performed some crotch chops.

The third match was an Intercontinental Championship Intergender Tag Team match between the team of Trish Stratus and Val Venis against the team of Chyna and the defending champion, Eddie Guerrero. In this match, the wrestler who gained the first pinfall would become the Intercontinental Champion. Guerrero and Chyna gained the early advantage in the match, but as Guerrero attempted a Hurricanrana, Venis countered it into a powerbomb. As the men tagged in the women, Chyna delivered a Military Press Slam on Stratus into a pinfall, winning the match for the team of herself and Guerrero. Due to pre-match stipulations, Chyna became the new Intercontinental Champion. [ Due to me not wishing to use women in my Be Te Bee’ I am reluctant to continue with her as the champion, for now it shall be vacated] The next match was the encounter of Jerry Lawler and Tazz. The match began as Tazz gained the advantage, but Lawler retaliated by delivering a piledriver on Tazz. As Tazz recuperated, he applied the Tazzmission on Lawler; in desperation, Jim Ross, the commentating partner of Lawler, hit Tazz with a glass jar, breaking it over his head and allowing Lawler to pin Tazz for the win.

The fifth match was a Hardcore Championship match between Steve Blackman and the defending champion, Shane McMahon. Blackman had the advantage over McMahon midway into the match, until Test and Albert interfered on McMahon's behalf by double teaming Blackman. Nevertheless, Blackman retaliated as he hit both men with a kendo stick, which allowed McMahon to attempt an escape from the ring. Blackman then chased McMahon until both men were on a high steel structure, which was a part of the stage set. Blackman then hit McMahon with a kendo stick three times, causing him to fall from the steel structure onto the arena concrete floor. After the fall, Blackman performed an Elbow drop and got a pinfall to win the match and the Hardcore Championship. The next match was a Two out of three falls match between Chris Benoit and Chris Jericho. In the midst of the action, Jericho attempted a Lionsault, which Benoit countered into a Crippler Crossface, forcing Jericho to submit and winning the first fall. After the first fall, Benoit retained the advantage, but after he delivered two Belly to Belly suplexes, Jericho countered a third one into the Walls of Jericho, forcing Benoit to submit and allowing Jericho to win his first fall (the second fall in the match). As Benoit and Jericho fought back and forth, Benoit countered a Cradle by Jericho into one of his own, and he pinned Jericho by holding on to the ring ropes for leverage to win his second fall (the third fall overall) and the match.

The seventh match was the first-ever Triple-Threat Tag Team Tables, Ladders, and Chairs match for the Tag Team Championship between the team of the Hardy Boyz (Matt and Jeff Hardy), Edge and Christian, and the Dudley Boyz (Bubba Ray and D-Von Dudley). The Dudley Boyz gained an advantage in the match when they delivered a 3-D on Christian through a table. Jeff Hardy then attempted a Swanton Bomb on Bubba through a table, but it backfired when Bubba moved and Jeff went through the table. Subsequently, Edge and Christian knocked Bubba off of a ladder outside of the ring, through four double-stacked tables. Lita, the associate of the Hardy Boyz, then came down to the ring, pushing Edge and Christian off a ladder. This allowed Matt to climb a ladder to retrieve the championship belts, but D-Von pushed the ladder, resulting in Matt falling at ringside through two double-stacked tables. D-Von then climbed another ladder, along with Jeff, but Edge and Christian knocked the ladder over,leaving Jeff hanging on the belt, but eventually hit with a ladder by Christian, allowing Edge and Christian to climb another ladder and retrieve the championship belts to retain the Tag Team Championship. The next match was a Stinkface match between The Kat and Terri. After back and forth action between the two women, The Kat gained the advantage after she performed a powerslam on Terri and then threw Terri into the turnbuckle and delivered a Stinkface on her for the win. The final match on the undercard was the encounter of Kane and The Undertaker. Before the match began, Kane attacked The Undertaker on the ring aisle. Kane then attempted to attack The Undertaker with the steel ring steps, but The Undertaker retaliated by avoiding the attack. Kane then performed a low blow on The Undertaker, who retaliated by delivering a Spear and ripping Kane's mask off, which resulted in Kane exiting the ring to the backstage area, ending the match with no winner.

The main event was a WWF Championship Triple-Threat match between Triple H, Kurt Angle, and the defending champion, The Rock. Before The Rock made his entrance, Angle and Triple H fought at ringside, with Triple H delivering a Pedigree on Angle on the commentator's announce table, which broke prematurely, resulting in Angle being injured. After the incident, The Rock made his entrance down to the ring. He wrestled Triple H as Angle was attended by EMTs, who transported Angle backstage. Stephanie McMahon then came down to the ring and attempted to interfere by hitting The Rock with the WWF Championship belt. She accidentally hit Triple H, however, which resulted in Triple H ordering McMahon to the backstage area. Angle returned to the ring midway through the match, alongside McMahon, and attacked Triple H. As Triple H recuperated, Angle called McMahon to give him a sledgehammer, but Angle and Triple H brawled over the sledgehammer, resulting in Triple H accidentally hitting McMahon. This situation allowed The Rock to throw Angle over the top rope onto ringside and deliver a People's Elbow on Triple H into a pinfall to win the match and retain the WWF Championship.​

logo_WWF.jpg

logo_WWF-Raw2.jpg
logo_WWF-SD.jpg

| World Wrestling Federation Employees |

| Staff |

Owner ~ Vincent K. McMahon
Commissioner ~ Mick Foley
Backstage Interview ~ Raw ~ Lillian Garcia
Backstage Interview ~ Smackdown! ~ Michael Cole
Commentating Booth ~ Raw & Smackdown! ~ Jerry Lawler
Commentating Booth ~ Raw & Smackdown! ~ Jim Ross

| Hall of Champions |

WWF Champion ~ The Rock
Intercontinental Champion ~ Vacated
WWF Tag Team Champions ~ Edge and Christian
Hardcore Champion ~ Steve Blackman

| Male Roster |

Albert
Big Show – [Injured]
Bubba Ray Dudley
Bradshaw
Chris Benoit
Chris Jericho
Christian
D-Von Dudley
Dean Malenko
Edge
Eddie Guerrero
Faarooq
Grandmaster Sexay
Hardcore Holly
Jeff Hardy
Kane
Kurt Angle - [Ankle injury after Summerslam]
Matt Hardy
Mark Henry
Perry Saturn
Rikishi
Road Dogg
Scotty 2 Hotty
Steve Blackman
Steven Richards
Stone Cold Steve Austin – [Run over a year ago, still hasn’t appeared]
Spike Dudley
Tazz
Tajiri
Test
The Godfather
The Rock
The Undertaker
Triple H
William Regal
X Pac

| Upcoming Pay Per View |
Unforgiven ~ 24th September 2000 ~ Philadelphia Pennsylvania

Unforgiven_2000.jpg

------------------

Thanks for visiting, just so you guys know, this was a time where I just began to watch wrestling and I feel it has tons of potential even the running over Austin part was very flawwed on the WWF's part, I mean that storyline didn't go anywhere for Austin or Rikishi and it could have been given to someone who would have utalized it to become a huge heel main eventer for years to come, I already have the first Raw written. Enjoy.​

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
I know nothing about this time zone, but I know you can pull off some good storylines when you put your mind to it. Good Luck and I hope you can pull something great off. The Summerslam results gave me some insight into this which was good.

Andrew~Walker

Reaction score
You know I was a major fan of when you did the WWF 99 btb and i am still a major fan of this time period. I am really looking forward to the little changes you make that really turn it epic like when you brought Harlem Heat in the last one. I will be reading and I look for really great things.

The Rated R CMStar

Thank God you got rid of Chyna. The results gave us an insight on what happened (lol, Captain Obvious), but you get what I mean. Nice to see you're back and I'll be reviewing to see where you go with this.

Evil Austin

logo_WWF-Raw2.jpg

Raw is War | August 28th 2000 | Providence Rode Island
*** Preview ***

Intercontinental Title

Last night, former WWF Intercontinental, Womens and WWF Diva, Chyna won an interpromotional tag team bout' involving Eddie, her boyfriend, Trish and Val Venis. As a result, the Intercontinental title was lifted from her, as no female may hold that championship. As a result, WWF Commissioner Mick Foley, announced that a tournament will be held in the weeks leading into Unforgiven to crown a new Intercontinental Champion! How it will work? starting this week on Raw, there will be matches involving eight superstars, when these matches are over and there are only two superstars left, throughout the course of three weeks, these two will go at it at Unforgiven for the vacated title. This week on Raw we will have some of the four first round matchups and we will find out who is moving up in the tournament. Stay tunned.​

Tazz...Tazz...Tazz

For weeks now, since this debut in the WWF, Tazz the self proclaimed one man thug, the intimidating thug from Brooklyn New York has been on a mission to take out superstars one by one until he is top dog in the company. Which lead him to WWF Legend, Color Commentator Jerry Lawler. Jerry a former champion in his own right, had to take a ear full from Tazz for weeks until he accepted a match with him at Summerslam. Tazz, would go as far as smashing a car window with a led pipe with JR in the back seat, almost sending glass into his eye and blinding him.

During their match, Lawler picked up the victory in one of Tazz's only WWF losses to date, with the aid of Good Ol' JR when JR left the commentating table and came in, smackind Tazz in the back of the head with a glass jar. Getting his sweet revenge. Tazz is sure going to be pissed and, well, I can't give any more insight or preview into what may happen on Raw because to be honest anything can happen, Tazz is an explosive dude and nothing will stand in his way... especially with JR and King in the commentating table all night, in the open and Tazz ready to pounce.​

Austin? Rode Island 3:16?!

That's right, Stone Cold Steve Austin! Word on the street is, that he is cleared to be in the ring.... or has been since Backlash! Then the question rolls into mind, why hasn't he shown up? Has he quit on the company? Why has he chosen to keep quiet for the past three and a half months since Backlash where he has fully healed from his hit and run assault a year ago exactly. Well, we may get some answers here on Raw because some reports are telling us that Austin's truck has pulled up into the Raw parking lot the night before and he may just go into the ring to speak his mind.​

Well....It's the Big Show

Seven feet, five hundred pounds, Big Show. A monstrous being, yet he too much like Austin has had some time off, hasn't been heard from since about Wrestlemania time and we may too get some update on his whereabouts here tonight​

Kurt Angle's Condition

Kurt Angle last night suffered an ankle injury due to a pedigree through the announce tables and the table breaking early, Angle has seen the WWF Doctors and they will inform us on how he is going and how long we expect Angle to be on the bench. All Angle news will be revealed in the open tonight.​

Main Event situation

With Angle out and possible Austin/Big Show arriving what does this mark for the WWF Champion the Rock? What does this mean for the Main Event situation? The Rock isn't a man to back down, and neither will the WWF fans at home, they will be right there watching Raw as we find out what is next for The Great one and his Championship on the road to Unforgiven!​

Tables Ladders and Chairs Aftermath

Tables Ladders and Chairs, the most brutal of tag team match Summerslam has seen to date, Edge and Christian well, they smell like smoke because they have been through fire. And as champions, they will look to celebrate their win over the Hardys and Dudleys and come out and poke fun as usual, this Raw will showcase Edge and Christian's victory celebration, yet keep in mind their adversaries are in the building so this may get out of hand and in a hurry.​

Undertaker/Kane Saga

Undertaker vs. Kane last night ended prematurely, due to Kane leaving after his mask was taken right from his face in the middle of the match. Kane has not been seen or heard from since, while the Undertaker has seen hanging the mask in his locker room on a hook, as a trophy, a remembrance to what Kane once was. It is unaware if Kane is here this evening yet, we are certain that the Undertaker is, what is going to happen next in the saga between these two brothers only time can tell.​

~Confirmed Matchups~
First Round IC Tourny | Eddie Guerrero V Test
First Round IC Torny | Mark Henry V William Regal
Acolytes V I.R.S. (The Goodfather & Steven Richards)
Tazz V Scotty 2 Hotty​

All this and more, Raw. {which I have written and finished} :p All comments are to be returned within a day. Thanks for dropping by.

Andrew~Walker

Reaction score
Interesting preview. I like how you vacated the IC title from Chyna and the tournament will be pretty good. You are really good at surprises so I am thinking some surprise entrant into the tournament.

I remember the Tazz feud with Lawler and Ross. It kinda fizzeled away and made me lose interest but I hope you can switch it up to make it a little more itneresting.

Austin and Show would be nice additions with Angle going out with injury. Show has never been a major major player and I always hope that someone can make him meet the potential he should get.

There are a lot of ways you take the TLC feuds and I am interested to see where you take it. maybe even try and fix another team int here somehow.

The Kane/Taker feud was dragging a lot by this time as I recall and I was begging for them to move on. BUt maybe you can give it a new twist although I don't know how many blockbusters you canhave with those two in the ring and out.

Should be a good show and I will def be reviewing since I was a major mark during this time and I love the twists you give your btbs.

Evil Austin

logo_WWF-Raw2.jpg

Monday Night Raw is War| August 28th 2000 | Providence Rode Island

As the show comes onto the air, a Summerslam preview is shown, highlighting the momentous events that took place last night. Once the commentating team of Jim Ross and Jerry the King Lawler, introduced us to the card tonight and the run-down of the show, the music of Triple H had hit! The game, the multi time WWF Champion, made his way out to the ring. Triple H was showered with a deafening amount of cheers; they love him, and have his back with whatever he does, including injuring Kurt Angle last night. A video package is shown of that very incident, of a before match encounter between Kurt Angle and Triple H, Triple H in a prologue to their triple threat match, managed to Pedigree Kurt Angle through the announce tables, yet in a turn of events, Kurt broke his knee cap keeping him on the side lines. The commentators announce that we will hear on Kurt’s condition later on in the broadcast, but for now Triple H asks for a microphone and requests that the crowd quiet down, so he may express what he has to say.

Triple H opens his promo, with a statement stating that he is not sorry that he injured Kurt Angle, and that in-fact, he is actually glad that he put Kurt Angle on the bench, he continued on, protesting that Kurt Angle stuck his nose in business that was not his, he tried to interfere in his marriage between Stephanie and himself, and as a result, the cerebral assassin put him out! {Pop} Triple H then went on to change subject, and told the reigning WWF Champion, The Rock that he is on a mission to hold what is rightfully his once again and it is only a matter of time before he is the champion, that the Rock is on borrowed time.The Rock then made his entrance, the Rock got a bigger pop then Triple H, and between the two is the favorite, The Rock went on to say that he knows that he and HHH have unfinished business, and have to settle the score and he would love to do it, The Rock told Triple H that he would love to get into the ring with him, he has no problem with doing so, yet reminds him that every other time we did step into the ring that he came out the victor, trying to get into the head of Triple H; unfortunately, it didn’t seem to work and instead Mick Foley came onto the entrance ramp before fists could be thrown. Mick Foley, the WWF Commissioner told them that he runs the place around here, and that he makes the decisions, Foley said that he would too love to see another bout’ between Triple H and the Rock, and he will make it official for tonight’s main event, right here in Providence Rode Island – {getting a cheap pop as usual}. The Rock and Triple H began to eye each other as the show came to its first commercial break of the evening. As the show returns from its break’, the theme music of non other then the ever so intimidating, Tazz- Tazz made his entrance, with the towel upon his head, and stormed down to the ring, furious over what transpired last night. The commentating table of Lawler and Jim Ross, commented on how dominant the guy is, Lawler cracked a few jokes about him and Brooklyn, and how he beat him last night, at Summerslam, with the aid of Good Ol’ JR. Tazz eyed them two, for a moment pointing at them and telling them that this isn’t over! He was then interrupted by his opponent for this evening’s music, and it was none other than Scotty 2 Hotty! Scotty came into the ring with high energy, and the crowd was heavily behind him, Scotty, eventually entered the ring and stood opposite Tazz who had his arms crossed ready to take someone’s head off and unleash his frustration. The Bell rang.

The Bell sounded, and Scotty charged at Tazz, who was caught off guard with a hard forearm. Tazz as a result staggered back to the ring ropes, Scotty, grabbed Tazz’s arm and attempted to Irish Whip him at the opposing ring ropes however Tazz’s overpowering strength reversed it and used his arm to pull Scotty towards him, Tazz then hugged Scotty and at the ropes sent him flying over to the crowd barricade! With a over head Belly to Belly suplex! Scotty thrived in tremendous pain as he laid there near the fans. Tazz, confident in his work, casually, stepped out of the ring, and began to mock Scotty 2 Hotty, he slapped him in the back of the head as he was on all four’ and then began to scream at him telling him things like ‘You’re nothing!’ & ‘You’re just another victim of the human suplex machine!’ Tazz received heat as a result, and lots of it but he didn’t give a dam’ he grabbed Scotty by the head and threw him at the steel ring steps, the thud could have been heard up in the nose bleed section’ of the crowd. Tazz then rolled into the ring, and soon after back out, to break up the referees ten count. Tazz was making a statement, and sending a message to anyone in the locker-room, that he was gunning for the top! Scotty 2 Hotty then attempted to crawl away, he crawled back to the corner, Tazz walked up to him and in a turn of events, got a kick to the mid section, Scotty used the aid of the ring ropes on either side of him to get to a vertical base and began pummeling his opponent with numerous rights and lefts, leaving Tazz on spaghetti legs, Scotty then swung back and attempted a hard clothesline, to take Tazz down but Tazz wisely, ducked underneath the arm of Scotty and from behind grabbed him in a Full Nelson position and sent him flying with a modified release German Suplex! Scotty was folded up like an accordion and this wasn’t going well for him.

Tazz could very well have ended this matchup right now, and he knew that, but it wasn’t about just winning it was about sending a message to everyone in the back’ Tazz inflicted further punishment on Scotty 2 Hotty. Tazz rolled Scotty onto his stomach, and then went down to his knees, grabbed his head and wrapped his legs around his chest, holding him in a Tazz-Mission, a modified version which was aided with a grapevine. Scotty tried his hardest not to tap but it was inevitable, he could no longer take the pain, and did tap out. The referee ended this matchup via Submission.
As the broadcast returned from another break, the camera moved backstage, where Commissioner Mick Foley, was freely strolling about’ backstage, and was confronted by backstage, interviewee – Lillian Garcia. Lillian asked him for a moment of his time, and said she had a question for him. Foley looked at her, then at the camera and told her to shoot’. Lillian asked the former WWF Champion, what is the verdict on the vacated Intercontinental title, and who will be crowned the champion? - - Mick Foley, thought for a moment, and then answered “I thought about this one, all night, and I think I have come up with a fair solution for all.” {pop} “What I have planned for the upcoming weeks leading into our next PPV, Unforgiven is an eight man tournament, which will feature eight of the best superstars in the WWF today.” {Pop} “And the final two left, will face off at the event for the vacated title.” Foley continues walking along as the commentators hype up the tournament. The commentating corner of Jim Ross and Jerry The King Lawler then tell the crowd here in Rode Island, that we have Kurt Angle hooked via Satellite from his home in Pennsylvania where coincidently Unforgiven is going to be held! Kurt Angle is on the ‘Titon-Tron’ as Jim Ross is scheduled to interview him. Jim Ross asks him on his condition, and how long he thinks he will be out of action for - - Kurt Angle replies with the exact words the WWF Doctors told him, and that he will be out for at least three months and won’t be able to wrestle before. Kurt Angle didn’t’ wait for the next question, instead took this opportunity to address Triple H and the remarks he made earlier in the evening. Kurt Angle stated that he better watch his back, and not The Rock or the WWF Title, because the second that he is cleared he is going to be on the hunt for him, and that he will break Triple H’s ankle with his Ankle Lock and make him tap, he then reminded Triple H of his accomplishments and said that even though he isn’t scheduled to compete he may very well be at Unforgiven down the road from his home, he then ended the satellite conversation, with a loud Woooo like he often does and the interview ceases. Latino Heat’s music hits and the former Intercontinental Champion, Eddie Guerrero appears on the entrance ramp, he gets a respectable pop reaction from the crowd, Eddie enters the ring and stretches, ready for a first round match of Mick Foley’s Intercontinental title tournament leading into Unforgiven. Minutes later on, the opponent, for Eddie Guerrero music hits and it was revealed to be the large and dominant 6ft 10, Test! Test entered the ring via stepping over the top rope and these two bulls locked horns.

This matchup began with a collar elbow tie up between Eddie and Test, Test overpowers Guerrero and forces him to retreat back into the corner, pushing him against the turnbuckles. Eddie, the crafty ring veteran moves his head under the top rope and holds his hands up, calling for a time out. The referee stepped in between both competitors and as a result this gave Eddie the opportunity to rake Test in the eye and come out of the corner with a dropkick to take the big man down. Eddie ran at the ropes behind Test and on the rebound took a groggy Test down, with a hard bull dog to the mat. Eddie covered him quickly attempting to pick up a victory, early on in the matchup but Test kicked out almost instantly. Eddie grabbed Test by the head and slowly, brought him up to his feet, he held onto his left arm and twisted it, pulling it down and elbowing it, making Test go down to one knee before Eddie brought him back up, elbowed him a few more times and attempted to take him down with a version of a Side Russian Leg Sweep, however Test managed to elbow Eddie in the side of the head, and make him hold his forehead and stagger back. Test turned around, charged at Eddie and almost took his head off with a thunderous, big boot to the head, inflicting further damage to the skull. Eddie fell to the mat, Test rolled him onto his back and covered him for the pin fall; but the third generation superstar was smart enough to put his leg up onto the bottom ring rope and the count ceased. Test stood up, raised his arm at the crowd gaining heat, he then yanked a hand full of Guerrero’s long hair and helped him up to his feet, he threw him at the ropes and leant forward in hope for a back body drop, Eddie put the brakes on, and on the rebound summersulted over Test and grabbed his feet, pulled him in for a sunset flip! Eddie got a near two count for his efforts. Eddie and Test respectively were up to their feet at the same time, Test came towards Eddie who kicked him in the mid section and grabbed his head, brought him to the turnbuckles and began to give him rights and lefts in the corner. Moments later on, Test switched positions with Eddie Guerrero and then lifted his giant boot into his face and began to choke Eddie out, as the referee counted to five, Test utilized the entire five count and held onto it as long as he could before being disqualified. Eddie, in desperation for air, fell to the mat onto his knees; Test however had far more important things on his mind as he spotted the reigning Hardcore Champion, Steve Blackman! Coming down the aisle holding a Kendo Stick! The commentating team reminded the fans that Test and Albert beat Steve Blackman up in a Hardcore match a few Raw episodes ago. Blackman didn’t enter the ring yet his distraction was effective enough to give Eddie the time to recuperate and when Test turned around, and the referee was distracted trying to get Blackman to turn around and go back, Eddie low blowed! Test in the goin! Test fall down instantly and Eddie hooked the leg for the pin fall; the referee did turn around and Eddie received the three count, advancing in the tournament heading into Unforgiven for the Intercontinental Title. After a quick moment or two for Jim Ross and Lawler to plug the sponsors for Raw, that being Skittles and the new WWF Smackdown! Video game for PS1- we are treated with a video package, highlighting the career of non other then the seven foot tall five hundred pound, Big Show. Big Show was shown, chokeslaming the likes of Stone Cold, The Undertaker, Triple H, The Rock and many other superstars, even coming second in this year’s Royal Rumble, then a quick WCW package was shown of his time spent there and him being the champion before a voice over saying, Returning to Action soon! The crowd gave the Big Show a decent reaction after not hearing from him for a few months.

Soon afterwards, a backstage promo was held in the lockeroom of the reigning tag team champions, Edge and Christian- Christian and Edge had party hats on, and were drinking lemonade, they were celebrating their win last night in the first ever Tables Ladders and Chairs match involving the Hardy Boys and the Dudley Boys! Edge and Christian posed for the camera a bit before discussion on how cool it is, and how awesome it was to win last night at Summerslam. They then left the room, as the camera men followed them; Edge stopped by a backstage worker and reminded him that he is one half of the tag champs, not him. Edge for that got some heat, when Edge and Christian respectively turned the corner they were jumped by Jeff and Matt hardy! When the Hardy Boys came onto the scene the crowd were on their feet, with Edge and Christian down, Jeff and Matt began to stomp away at them before leaving. Moments later on, the music of the former WWF Tag Team Champions, the Acolytes had been played. The Acolytes got a great reaction; the team of Bradshaw and Faarooq came down to the ring and were ready for tag team action. Their opponents, the team of Steven Richards and the Goodfather, better known as the I.R.S came down to ringside as the tag team bout’ got underway instantly.Faarooq and Steven began this matchup off respectively for their teams, they locked up, Faarooq overpowered Steven with ease kneeing him in the sternum and then Irish Whipping him hard into the neutral turnbuckle, chest first Steven hit the turnbuckles before coming back on spaghetti legs, on the rebound Faarooq elbowed Steven Richards in the kidneys in the lower back which brought him instantly down to one knee, Faarooq grabbed hold of Steven Richards from behind and picked him up and slammed him with a back body drop onto the canvas. Faarooq currently, with the advantage grabbed Steven Richards by the head, and moved him slowly over to his turnbuckles, tagging in his team-partner Bradshaw. Bradshaw came into the ring, as Faarooq held onto Richards from behind, Bradshaw ran at the ropes and on the rebound, attempted a big boot-however in a turn of events, Steven Richards ducked out of harms-way’ and Bradshaw accidently took out Faarooq, Faarooq as a result fell out of the ring through the middle rope and to the outside. Steven Richards began to crawl over to his corner and as Bradshaw was checking on his partner, he tagged in the Goodfather! The Goodfather came into the match with intentions to take out Bradshaw and that’s exactly what he did. The Goodfather, blindsided his opponent as he was distracted by a laid out Faarooq, and clotheslined him against the turnbuckles squashing him in the corner like a pancake. The Goodfather’ then grabbed Bradshaw by the arm, moved him towards the center of the ring and kicked him in the mid section; he backed up against the ropes and on the rebound took Bradshaw down with a hard boot to the side of the head. Bradshaw fell down to the mat as the Goodfather covered him for a quick pin fall. 1………2… however Bradshaw was able to get the shoulder up and off of the canvas.

The Goodfather then ran at the ropes and on the rebound leaped into the air and came crashing down onto Bradshaw with a hard leg drop. The Goodfather then grabbed Bradshaw by the leg and dragged him over to his corner where he tagged Steven Richards back into the match, utilizing the five second rule; Steven Richards and the Goodfather together began stomping away at Bradshaw. At the four count, the Goodfather moved over to his turnbuckles innocently, as Steven Richards moved behind Bradshaw who was slowly getting to his knees, Steven Richards climbed onto Bradshaw’s back and applied a tight sleeper hold onto him. Bradshaw began to swing into the air trying to nail a shot onto Steven Richards but to no avail as Bradshaw slowly began to lose consciousness and moved down to one knee and began to fade away slowly, but surely. The referee moved over to Bradshaw and lifted his right arm up; he dropped it, no sign of life. Yet a second time, no sign of life, however as the the referee came to do the same thing for a third and last time, Faarooq ran into the ring from behind Steven Richards and ran at the ropes, in the last moment then came on the rebound and tackled Steven down, the Goodfather stepped over the top rope and into the match to make the save.

Faarooq ducked underneath a clothesline attempt by the Goodfather and at that point of time, lifted him up and slammed him down for a viscous spine buster, Faarooq kicked the Goodfather out of the ring and went out after him to make sure he would no longer be of a nuisance in this bout’ meanwhile as Steven Richards slowly on spaghetti legs began to get to a vertical base, Bradshaw ran at the ring ropes and on the rebound took him back down with a devastating clothesline from hell! Steven did a 360 flip in the air before landing on the mat, and Bradshaw picked up the win for his team. This bout was over.
After a quick commercial break, the backstage interviewer, Lillian Garcia was backstage with the Rock. Rock who interrupted Lillian, cracking a joke about pie and how irresistible The Rock is. The camera then focused on the Great one as he spoke a few words about the main event for this evening and the situation between Kurt Angle and Triple H. He told both of them that he doesn’t give a monkeys ass who is next in line for the title, and weather Kurt Angle turns up or not at Unforgiven. He got a pop but as of tonight he will take Triple H down to know you’re Roll Boulevard, hand that right on Jabronni drive and check him into the Smackdown! Hotel. The Rock left the camera scene.

Instantly afterwards, Undertaker was seen pacing backstage into the commissioner’s office of Mick Foley, the casual, laid back officer Foley, who doesn’t really have an office yet a stand with a few of his favorite games and air horns. Undertaker isn’t here to play games as he storms in with intentions, he interrupts Foley who was about to ask him what is he here for, and screams at him. Undertaker then demands Kane right now! The crowd gave him a pop as they want to witness it, Foley however had to be the bearer of bad news and informed the dead man that Kane was not in the building and hasn’t been seen since Summerslam, Undertaker then told him to make the match for Smackdown! Foley nodded his head, and Undertaker left with the following words, If Kane doesn’t show up, someone’s goanna get it! Jim Ross and Lawler try to figure out what that means and who he is talking about, while the next matchup gets underway. The music of William Regal had played as the fighter from England, came down to the ring, ready for another first round match in the Intercontinental title tournament. His opponent however, was revealed to be no pushover. Mark Henry’s music played in the P.A system and the crowd gave him a pop as the self proclaimed world’s strongest man came down to the ring ready for action. The second bout for the Intercontinental title tournament kicked off with a shoulder block by Mark Henry as Regal charged at him, Henry laughed as Regal sprang up to his feet and acted as if it was ‘cool’ and nothing had happened, he backed into the corner as Henry came up to him and gave him a few shots on the mid section, he grabbed his arm and threw him at the opposing turnbuckles back first, Henry ran right at the opposing corner and pancaked him, squashed him against the ring ropes. Regal went down to his knees in a hurry. Regal was grabbed by the upper body and tried to retaliate with some shots to Henry however he was not fazed and instead Henry kneed him in the mid section and then wrapped his arms tightly around Regal’s chest as he lent forward, lifted him up and sent him crashing down with a gut buster like suplex. Henry covered William Regal for the pin fall; the referee slid down to make the count, 1………..2… Regal got the shoulder up, Henry wasn’t pleased, he then backed up at the ropes and attempted to drop a knee into the face of Regal but Regal moved out of the way in the last moment, Regal got up to his feet with the aid of the ring ropes and began to capitalize on this opportunity, he began to brawl with Henry as he was on his knees and pummeled him with clubbing shots, rights and lefts. Henry then showed his strength by pushing Regal back at the ropes from his knees, Regal on the rebound with momentum behind him dropkicked Henry onto his back and covered him, Henry kicked out instantly with authority chucking him high up in the air.

Regal was the first one to his feet, and would try his hardest to stop Henry from getting to his; he dropped hard elbows onto the lower back of Henry before attempting to apply a Regal Stretch, an STF like maneuver. As Regal held onto the leg of Henry, Henry’s strength was too overwhelming that he just kicked Regal away like a bad habit and sent him flying through the middle rope, Regal was sent to the outside and ultimately knocked the side of his head on the announce tables possibly giving himself a concussion. Regal was out for the ten count and wasn’t moving, Henry was declared the winner.
After the bout’ Henry asked for the microphone, he demanded respect around here and if he wouldn’t get it, he would take it. Henry reminded everyone of his accolades and him being the World’s strongest man and that no one is stronger than he is. He went on to warn Eddie Guerrero and any other man back there participating in the Intercontinental Tournament that, this tournament is his to win. Henry then pointed at Regal who was being helped to his feet by trainers and officials and told the crowd that he was a lucky man here tonight, and if he would have stayed in the ring any longer he would have left here in a stretcher. Henry got some heat for this comments however then went on to leave the ring during the commercial break.

At that point of time Michael Cole was backstage in the parking lot, he told everyone as the camera zoomed in on him that Stone Cold Steve Austin is rumored to be arriving any moment. The crowd gave him a huge pop, as Austin hasn’t been seen or heard from since last year, Cole said that he has been waiting here all night for him, but he is beginning to think it may just be a rumor and it may not be true as the night is almost over. The mic’ then gets sent back to the commentators as the main event is being introduced. At that point of time the theme music of Triple H’ – My Time had played, Triple H got a great face reaction as he stepped out of the curtains and made his way down to the ring. He did his traditional fountain’ spitting of the water at the ring apron before actually entering the ring, moments later on, the Rock’s music ‘If ya’ Smell, what the Rock is cooking?’ plays and he gets an even bigger reaction from the crowd in Rode Island. The commentators went onto mention that the Rock and Triple H have been in the ring with each other numerous times before and know each other inside and out, and that this match is sure to deliver. The main event matchup, which is not for the WWF Championship gets underway with the Rock and Triple H circling the ring, Triple H is the first one to make contact when he moves towards his nemesis and locks up with him, he asks for a test of strength. Both men gradually, cautiously, move their hands towards each other and go to lock up but Triple H then shows why he is the cerebral assassin and takes this opportunity to poke The Great One in the eye. The Rock holds his eye for a moment as Triple H kicks him in the mid section and throws him at the ring ropes. The Rock on the rebound was taken down with a hard running, high knee lift to the jaw. The Rock attempted to get back up to his feet but Triple H came down to him and sat on him, then forced him to cover up as he tried to nail some hard shots in. Triple H then rolled off of the Rock and backed up against the ropes, he attempted to drop a high knee on the WWF Champion but the Rock kipped’ up to his feet and they met eye to eye’ The Rock stared him down and then began to pummel him against the ropes with devastating rights and lefts.The Rock then taunted his opponent for a moment, licking his palm before giving him one last shot to the jaw over the top rope and sending him to the outside of the ring. The Rock however didn’t wait for him to get back into the ring and went out after him, Triple H began to crawl away as The Rock was on the prowl after him, chasing him around the outside of the ring before Triple H rolled into the ring to break up the ten count. The Rock came in after him as Triple H backed up into the turnbuckles, The Rock shoulder blocked his opponent a couple of times before Irish Whipping him at the opposing turnbuckles.

Triple H put the brakes on and threw Rock at the turnbuckle, Rock then with his back against the corner, was clotheslined against them by Triple H. Triple H then moved up to the second ring rope to pummel him with hard shots to the forhead as The Rock was taken down, the crowd counted along with Triple H. He got to nine before the referee forced him to stop, The Rock however moved underneath Triple H and clubbed him from behind before lifting him up in the Electric Chair position and slamming him down to the middle of the ring. The Rock covered Triple H for the pin fall; 1..........2..... but Triple H got the shoulder up and off of the canvas. The Rock slowly got up to his feet and looked around, he went for the people's elbow! The Rock took the elbow pads of his off and threw them to the crowd, he went from side to side before nailing the devistating electrifying move on Triple H! At that point of time the glass shattered and Austin was seen, The Rock was in shock, like he saw a ghost, he was distracted as Triple H rolled out of the ring and to the outside.

Triple H left the ring and left the area out of harms way and he was soon to be forgotten about as the Rock groggily stood there in the middle of the ring all sweaty and worn out as Austin entered the ring! Austin was not pleased one bit, he told everyone to quiet down as he has something to say. They followed his orders as Austin grabbed a microphone. Austin told them that for one whole year he was watching that tape, that footage of him being run over, he could have came back months ago to wrestle but he didn't want to! Why? because he was waiting until he found out who it was, until he could get his revenge. Austin got a pop, but The Rock was still confused on what he has to do with this all, Austin told them to roll the footage. The footage was shown of Austin in the back area one year ago and being run over by a mysterious car and driver at the time, Austin then told them that he couldn't figure out who it was but he did manage to zoom in and get the number plate of the vehicle. {loud pop}. Austin then eyed the Rock and told him that the car was his! The Rock wasn't sure if he was joking or if he was serious. The Rock then said, pleading and trying to reason with the rattle snake that he doesn't know who ran him over and he had nothing to do with it, The Rock told him that on that very night he was in the main event and was getting ready for his match he couldn't have done that, and couldn't have ran him over. Austin eyed The Rock as the show went off the air!

Fade Too Black!

----
Quick Results
----

Tazz Def. Scotty 2 Hotty via Submission
Eddie Guerrero Def. Test via distraction by Hardcore Champion, Steve Blackman
Acolytes Def. The I.R.S via Clothesline from Hell
Mark Henry Def. William Regal via count out
The Rock vs. Triple H – No Contest

-----
Unforgiven
-----

Unforgiven ~ 24th September 2000 ~ Philadelphia Pennsylvania

|~ Currently no matches announced ~|

-----------------
Please note, this was one of the first times I ever tried to do recapped style work, so if it isn’t that great I totally understand, I am not feeling it myself and will most likely not continue with recapped work and go back into full.

Andrew~Walker

Reaction score
Opening Promo: So Triple H vs Rock right after an amazing Triple threat the night before. I think you could hav drawn out the match between HHH and Rock until next PPV but there is no way this match is gonna end clean in my opinion but we will see by the end of the night.

Tazz vs. Scotty 2 Hotty: really building Tazz as an impact player but against scotty I don't think tazz made much of an impact. A lot of power and humiliation stuff by Tazz on Scotty. I would have liked more interaction with JR and King than him just focusing on scotty. Also a few of the moves have names and you just tried calling them as you saw them. Might wanna look up a few of the moves like the Overhead Full nelson Suplex and the rear Naked Choke.

IC tournament: the way it was announced made it seem like it didnt even matter. foley might as well said he was going out for coffee. This should have been a very big annoucnement since it is for the IC title and it was underplayed completely. Didn't like the fact that you amde your 2nd most important title seem worthless.

Angle Interview: Well you kinda gave it away that Angle is going to be at Unforgiven since it is in his home town and you annoucned that even before Angle was asked a question. The interview was ok and sounded like Angle until he ended with a Woooo. That's Flair. I never remeber Angle ending his promos with Woooo.

Eddie Guerrero vs. Test: A very good back and forth match and you had Eddie very in character with his lying and cheating ways while still retaining his face status. The build between these two about who would advance was really good. Then Blackman comes down and causes Test to lose focus. I would have liked a better finish but you did build that feud with T&A and Blackman so we will see how that goes.

Edge and Christian Promo: This was really lame. Lemonade really? i remember the E&C from back then and lemonade is just horrible. You could have done something better with the promo and Hardyz attacking them was interesting I guess.

Acolytes vs Right To Censor or as apparently known in this btb as IRS: ok you got the name of the faction entirely wrong so i couldbarely get into this match knowing you didn't even get the name of your own faction right haha. anyways, moving on. It was a very action packed match and everyone was very in character for the wrestlers involved. I loved seeing Acolytes coming out on top.

rock interview: this kind of writing style really takes away from the hands down best promo guy in the business. Nothing to report here other than nothing exciting.

Undertaker/Foley: So the feud continues and possibly Kane and Taker on Friday but I doubt it. We wills ee what happens and hopefully it is something that makes this feud interesting again.

Regal vs. Henry: Decent match and told the story of big man vs technical wrestler. The match went as i thought it would. regal doing all he can to keep henry down on the mat but the ending was very disappointing. Regal giving himself a concussion by hitting his head on the annoucne table and Henry wins by count out? Very very weak ending.

Henry Promo: how can henry demand respect when he just won by count out? And a stretcher really? talk about over selling. Made 0 sense and was a waste.

Rock vs HHH: very good match up between the two and the back and forth action was nice. Weird seeing an electric chair in the match but it was going good. than austin came. I knew the match wouldn't have a clean finish lol. So after all the build up for Austin he comes back and just has suspicsion and no stunenrs no nothing just a staredown. What a disappointing end to a decent show.

Overall Rating 5/10

The Rated R CMStar

The first thing I notice is the style of writing. Not sure it's the best way, as in general it makes reading the show much harder and it really takes away from the promo.

For the opening, I am pretty sure Triple H was a heel at 2000, so not sure how he became a face. Can't really tell if they were in character or not as you just told us in general what they said, but it doesn't seem that way. Foley started here what in my opinion was just a lackluster role in the entire show.

The rest of the show was alright. The matches do seem to be better in this format despite what it does to the promos, so I have no problem with them. Tazz was established in his match altough a think this could have been made as Tazz paying more attention to the announce team and just rapidly squashing Scotty without paying much attention to him. Eddie winning was alright. Regal vs Henry was fine until the ending and the main event was indeed a nice back and forth match. I do agree with the booking of this match instead of saving it for Unforgiven, as that's how WWF booked back in the day, big matches for Raw.

There were some mistakes that really took away from the show. First off, a WCW video package of The Big Show? This is 2000, so it means WCW still exists and WWF haven't bough their library. The IRS mistake had me thinking if I was wrong or missing something, and the E & C promo was just bad in general. You could have done better with this.

The ending of the show with Austin's return: It is good because it leaves a cliffhanger on what Austin will be doing and plants the seeds for future interactions with The Rock about it. However, in general, how he acted isn't much like Austin as Austin would have returned first with Stunners to everybody and then explain himself. Besides, this return is something I would have hyped way more and probably saved it for Unforgiven.

There are a few things I am probably missing in this review but it is because I don't think they played a big role. Taker vs Kane was advanced but it was more of a premice for what will happen on Smackdown, Henry's storyline was started altough I think it was rather weak. He should have attacked the hurt William Regal or something else than be proud of the count out victory.

The Angle interview was all kinds of wrong as you didn't save anything for a swerve and just went all out, and the ending Woo was just wrong. Foley was lackluster the entire show imo.

Beer

You kept switching tenses all the way through the show, which made it hella hard to read. Pissed me off. I'll edit with review when I get time tonight.

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
Whoa, you know I enjoy reading your work. You had my favorite match of all time in the opening post. I just cant however, read the RAW. Its way too long. I'll try to read, and review, but no promises. The BTB does look above average though.

Beer

Okay, not the best to begin with. Fairly sure Triple H was a heel in 2000. All men in this promo were very out of character too. Not sure if Triple H vs. The Rock is the smartest thing to do so soon. You could build this to become a much better rivalry.

The matches throughout the show were the best thing you did. Pretty good psychology in most of the matches, showing that you can in fact do BTB well sometime. However, I do think they were in between the normal recapped style matches. You usually either have quite long ones, highlighting almost everything that goes on, or you have short ones, highlighting very little, and more often than not, highlighting just the ending. Your matches however seemed to be in between these two. It was quite weird to read and I'm not a fan.

The mistakes in spelling/grammar throughout the show ruined the promos for me. They were out of character and the style of writing was just too damn hard to get used to. It brought a lot of confusion to the table as to who said what and stuffeh.

K, overall the show was all right. There were good point but the bad outweighed the good, imho. Try proofreading everything you do, separate your shows better and overall take more time over things.

4/10.

Evil Austin

oie_smackdownold.gif

Last Monday on Raw, we saw the return of non other then Stone Cold Steve Austin. Stone Cold interupted the main event match between Triple H and the WWF Champion, The Rock to rain on the Rock's parade and tell him that the car that he was run over by last year was his. The Rock claimed to have nothing to do with it, claimed to have no earthly idea as to what he is talking about. Tonight a match is signed between Stone Cold and The Rock, this match is however not for the WWF Championship. The main event for Smackdown! this week is sure to be explosive as Austin is getting into the ring and locking horns for the first time in a year with a man who he knows very well. Will we even get more light shed on the driver this week or any information? stay tunned to find out.

Last week, former ECW Champion, Tazz came off an impressive victory over former tag team champion, Scotty 2 Hotty, Tazz was dominant throughout the entire matchup and sent a message to Jerry Lawler and Jim Ross telling them that he will get his pay-back. Will Tazz pounce this week? Will we see a repeat off a fortnight ago where Tazz jumped JR in the parking lot and almost took out his eye?

Speaking of being jumped, WWF Tag Team Champions, Edge and Christian were jumped last week by the Hardy Boys, Jeff and Matt have a scheduled match against the Dudleys this week and the winner will most likely get a rematch against Edge and Christian at Unforgiven. Edge and Christian will be at commentary and chances are they will be doing more then calling the action.

The Intercontinental title tournament saw Mark Henry and Eddie Guerrero advance respectively, on Smackdown! we will have the last two round 1 bouts' involving four great competiters, Chris Jericho, Dean Malenko, Rikishi & Bradshaw. Whoever comes out on top will be one step closer to heading into Unforgiven for the coveted, vacated, IC Title.

The Big Show also made his presence felt last week, a preview of the giant was shown and with a short message saying. Coming Soon. When exactly is soon? It could very well be Smackdown!

Undertaker and Kane have battled through cages, through fire, through just about any sort of match capable of sanctioning under the WWF law. Undertaker and Kane just can't seem to have enough of each other, however ever since Kane had his mask ripped off of his face at Summerslam, he hasn't been seen or heard from. Undertaker wants answers and wants them at Smackdown! He even said to Foley on Raw that if Kane doesn't show up on the show that someone is going to pay big time. Who is this someone? and what is going to happen next in the Kane/Taker saga?

Kurt Angle told WWF viewers on Raw that he may be out for two too three months but even though he may not wrestle, there is a large possibility that he may just turn up at Unforgiven to send a message to Triple H who he has unfinished business with. Unforgiven is in his home state and he has vowed to break the Game's ankle. What is going to go down here on Smackdown? will we get a reply from the Game over his remarks?

Last week on Raw, Steve Blackman costed Test the first round match against Eddie Guerrero, making the distraction. This was due to the fact two Raw shows ago that he and Albert beat down on him during a match with Shane McMahon. Test is scheduled to face off against Blackman in Hardcore style rules for Blackman's Hardcore title, will the martial arts expert come out on top again or will the near seven footer be too much for him to handle?

All this and more from WWF Smackdown! Live from Las Vegas, Nevada- Thursday 31st August 2000

| Confirmed Card |
~ Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. The Rock - Non title
~ Intercontinental title tournament | Chris Jericho vs. Bradshaw
~ Intercontinental title tournament | Dean Malenko vs. Rikishi
~ Hardcore title match | Test vs. Steve Blackman
~ Hardy Boys vs. Dudley Boys; E&C at commentary

The Rated R CMStar

NOW you're just throwing together main events for the sake of doing so. HHH vs Rock and now Stone Cold vs The Rock, now that's just bad booking. This match better not happen.

I notice once again you mention another company in the preview, hyping Tazz as a former ECW Champion. Don't like it, again, you're in 2000, company war is still in full motion.

And for being injured, Kurt Angle is certainly being kept rather active imo.

Beer

Austing vs. The Rock should be done on VERY rare occasions at the top PPVs. Not a normal show. Bad, move was bad.