World titles to separate again after WrestleMania?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
http://www.cagesideseats.com/2013/1...ember-17-unified-titles-brock-lesnar-wwe-news

The fact that Randy Orton is being referred to as the "WWE World Heavyweight Champion" and is carrying both the WWE and World Heavyweight title belts has led to speculation that the titles will remain as separate entities and will not be truly "unified" into one title. Currently, that does appear to be the plan. The titles are expected to remain together through WrestleMania XXX in April in order to make anyone and anything involved with them more significant. However, at some point after that, they are expected to be separated once again in order to give WWE more title scenes to work with when it comes to stories and pushing talent.

Not surprised in the slightest since they stopped billing Cena v Orton as a "unification match". Orton carrying both doesn't even make him look better, it just looks lame, and highlights the lack of options for the WHC. I can imagine in a few years time doing another half-arsed, spontaneous "unification" match and trying to build it by saying all this shit about the history of the titles. The whole thing is embarrassing.

Punk_Axel_Ziggler_Fan

The Artiste
Reaction score
Yeah, I was expecting something like this to be honest. I do think that having the titles together right now is the best option, as it makes the title look equal and it's stupid having two world titles when they're not even brand specific anymore. But unless they unify the titles into one belt then it's always going to be questioned when the belts are going to be split.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Yeah... I don't buy this.

Triple H pretty much stated directly that the history of the two belts were being combined for good and that it was indeed a unification match and not just a title-for-title bout. They even listed the World Heavyweight Championship as one of their vanquished belts on their website. And if they really wanted to keep the World Heavyweight Championship around in the long run to have more things to revolve a feud or an angle around, then why not keep it around for Wrestlemania XXX?

I'm still thinking after Orton drops the title(s) at Wrestlemania, they'll simply dump the WHC belt and that'll be it. No different than Jericho carrying around both titles till he lost them at WM18 or the unified tag team champions carrying around both sets of titles until they decided to do away with one pair of those.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Yeah... I don't buy this.

Triple H pretty much stated directly that the history of the two belts were being combined for good and that it was indeed a unification match and not just a title-for-title bout. They even listed the World Heavyweight Championship as one of their vanquished belts on their website. And if they really wanted to keep the World Heavyweight Championship around in the long run to have more things to revolve a feud or an angle around, then why not keep it around for Wrestlemania XXX?

I'm still thinking after Orton drops the title(s) at Wrestlemania, they'll simply dump the WHC belt and that'll be it. No different than Jericho carrying around both titles till he lost them at WM18 or the unified tag team champions carrying around both sets of titles until they decided to do away with one pair of those.
Ahhhh WWEF's voice of reason to the rescue

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
I'd carry around two world titles too if I just won them. Makes Orton look better in my opinion since it's both the world titles. I doubt that they're going to break the belts into two again, there's no solid reason to unless they're going to brand split again, and I'm unsure if they have a big enough roster to currently.

Reactions: Testify

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
It had crossed my mind that this wouldn't be permanent since the last time they unified the belts they wound up separated again. Wouldn't surprise me either way.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
If WWE split them at creative it will be a great fail. Up there with Cena vs Rock Once In A Lifetime.

They really do think we are morons.

But as Lockard states thats likely how it will go down.

TheShadowSoulja

Champion
Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me if they kept separated the belts again, but it also wouldn't shock me if they did the same thing they're doing now. I prefer having two world titles, but that's just my opinion. In all honesty, I think they'll separate the belts sometime in 2014, whether it will be after WM 30 is the question.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Yeah, I was expecting something like this to be honest. I do think that having the titles together right now is the best option, as it makes the title look equal and it's stupid having two world titles when they're not even brand specific anymore. But unless they unify the titles into one belt then it's always going to be questioned when the belts are going to be split.

You're back! :yay:

If they go through with this, guess I won't mind all that much. Will love it if the brand split comes back with it... but the real fail comes from the fact that they blew another historic moment. They already tried to play this up as "50 years in the making" and "The first ever time the titles have been combined!" when it wasn't... so when they decide to finally unify these things, are they going to say it was the first time again? Because that would be downright ludicrous.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
I don't see a title split unless there is a brand split again.

It's highly possible, with a lot of the rumors that have surrounded the "power struggle angle" surrounding WMXXX that we could see some sort of split inside of WWE. With the number of guys who are doing little to nothing hanging around the main roster in addition to all of the guys they've brought up (and are rumored to be bringing up) from NXT, it would create a large enough pack of wrestlers to go back to having Raw-exclusive and Smackdown-exclusive shows (I wouldn't call them "Raw" and "Smackdown"; I'd try to come up with something that sounded more permanent...that's just me) again. If you have two different "brands", then you need two different major titles, two different midcard titles, tag titles, female titles, etc., due to the fact that there would be limited (if any) crossovers. The whole reason to unify the titles (which is how they started out billing this thing) was because there was one big group of wrestlers on every show.

Of course, this could just be a rumor to troll the IWC. It's not like WWE would be above such a thing.

wk

Nano

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Website
www.pheed.com
WWE.com/superstars. Yeah, Orton is shown as the WWE World Heavyweight Champion, but the only championship shown is the WWE title... This may be a clue... This can mean they'll get rid of the WH Championship belt or they'll separate them again.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
^That's a Meltzer post if I ever read one.

Reactions: Brad.