World Series 2020

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Who is going to win the World Series?

• Los Angeles Dodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tampa Bay Rays

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

Cam!

Wowza
Reaction score
The World Series matchup is finally set. Dodgers vs. Rays. Dodgers in the World Series AGAIN.

Let's go Rays!

Who are you guys rooting for you or who do you think is going to win? :p

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
Rays are past due, finally another Rays fan. I'm sick of ESPN, TBS and others overhyping the Dodgers. Heck this whole post season The Rays have been treated like a fluke and I'm sick of it

Cam!

Wowza
Reaction score
Rays are past due, finally another Rays fan. I'm sick of ESPN, TBS and others overhyping the Dodgers. Heck this whole post season The Rays have been treated like a fluke and I'm sick of it

I became a Rays fan when they drafted David Price, and I ended up sticking with the Rays after he left. Also came to love Longo after the famous Game 162 when they clinched the playoffs.

I wish the Rays would get their own Moneyball movie. They're always at least in the hunt, even though they don't keep any players for more than a few years due to their incredibly low payroll. Longo was the one guy they actually gave a long term deal to, and then they ended up trading him anyways.

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
Wow I forgot about Longoria lol. I kinda miss Fernando Rodney he was a fun closer. Ben Zobrist, Jose Molina, James Shields were pretty cool. I'd love to see a movie about The Rays. I'd doubt we'd see it though the league always puts down Tampa

Cam!

Wowza
Reaction score
Wow I forgot about Longoria lol. I kinda miss Fernando Rodney he was a fun closer. Ben Zobrist, Jose Molina, James Shields were pretty cool. I'd love to see a movie about The Rays. I'd doubt we'd see it though the league always puts down Tampa

Fernando Rodney had that one great year as our closer. I have an autographed card of him somewhere.

Ben Zobrist and his wife are really popular and well known here in Nashville. They've had different events talking at Belmont, Lipscomb, and Trevecca (all Christian universities in Nashville) numerous times.

Do you remember Wil Myers? He was the big prospect that we got back from the James Shields trade. Everyone got super excited about him in his first season, but then the Rays quickly traded him away too.

Anyway, I'd say my favorite player now is Kevin Keirmaier. I have a bobble head of him from a Bowling Green Hot Rods game, which is a minor league affiliate of the Rays. He's also the only guy left from the Joe Maddon era.

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
I forgot about him, remember Will Rhymes he got hit by a pitchand had a late reaction then went to the minors later. I like Keirmaier, I had no idea. I kinda wish Maddon would've syayed until we got a ring lol

Cam!

Wowza
Reaction score
I forgot about him, remember Will Rhymes he got hit by a pitchand had a late reaction then went to the minors later. I like Keirmaier, I had no idea. I kinda wish Maddon would've syayed until we got a ring lol

I do remember that.

I thought Maddon was a mastermind. Wish the Rays would have paid him.

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
I thought the Rays didn't have much money?

Cam!

Wowza
Reaction score
I thought the Rays didn't have much money?

They don't. They're one of the smallest markets. That's why there's always talk about the Rays relocating or at least moving to a stadium in downtown Tampa, instead of where it is in St. Petersburg. This year, their payroll is $28.3 million, which is the third lowest in the league. The Dodgers have two players (Clayton Kershaw and Mookie Betts) who make like $26-27 million on their own. It's a David and Goliath type of matchup really.

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
Sometimes I wish the Rays would play in Orlando. I think tjey played in Disney's World of Sports where The Braves for pre season once

Cam!

Wowza
Reaction score
Sometimes I wish the Rays would play in Orlando. I think tjey played in Disney's World of Sports where The Braves for pre season once

I want them to come to Nashville... Because that's where I live. And Nashville has made some big efforts to get them to come here before. There has been a lot of talk about moving to Nashville or Canada.

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
I never knew that, I heard they might share a stadium with Montreal in a few years. I honestly wouldn't be upset. Tampa/St. Petersburg hasn't been to kind to The Rays

Cam!

Wowza
Reaction score
I never knew that, I heard they might share a stadium with Montreal in a few years. I honestly wouldn't be upset. Tampa/St. Petersburg hasn't been to kind to The Rays

The Trop is literally the shittiest stadium in the MLB, so I agree.

I'd love to see them in Nashville. We ought to have more than a AAA baseball team.

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
Whoah whoah whoa I didn't say that, I actually like Tropicana. My thing is people in Florida heck in the whole MLB fandom don't respect them and it pisses me off after that incredible game on Saturday

Cam!

Wowza
Reaction score
Whoah whoah whoa I didn't say that, I actually like Tropicana. My thing is people in Florida heck in the whole MLB fandom don't respect them and it pisses me off after that incredible game on Saturday

The Trop has always been in a really odd location. We had trouble even finding it when we went to Tampa. It was surrounded by houses, and you could barely see it sticking out from that bridge.

They gotta bring the Rays into downtown if they’re going to stay. Otherwise they will eventually leave.