Wonder where Kane has been?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
"You likely haven’t thought about it until just now, but Kane hasn’t been seen on WWE television since November of last year, when he decisively won a mini-feud against Luke Harper. He was dealing with some injuries at the time, but there’s a bigger story for why he has stayed off television since then.

According to a report from Sportskeeda, Kane has asked for some extended time off from WWE for two big reasons. The first is that he’s planning on running for mayor of Knox County, which he’s been thinking about for some time. (Yes, they refer to the county administrator as a “Mayor,” it’s fine, don’t worry about it.) He’ll be tossing his hat into the mayoral race in 2018 and we might be looking at the beginning of the political career of noted wrestling libertarian Glenn Jacobs.

The second, and more mundane reason for his departure is that Kane is taking some time to focus on the insurance agency that he runs with his wife. The Jacobs Agency! It’s a real thing! They’ve been in business for a couple years now, and if you live in Knoxville, Tennessee, you can literally buy auto, home, life and RV insurance from Kane. Sportskeeda also notes that the dude’s downside guarantee from WWE is $905,000 a year plus first-class travel, so … you know … he’s doing pretty okay. (And WWE is obviously super okay with not paying him that guarantee while he’s taking extended time off. Everybody wins!)

Jacobs already has a non-Kane Twitter account that he will presumably use to heavily ramp up what is expected to be a Republican bid for Knox County Mayor. You could say the 2018 election season is … heating up."

Source

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
It is so, so weird to see Kane doing this kind of stuff and not being a big red monster, lol.

Good for him though, just goes to show you don't have to be a "wrestling guy" forever though, and can pursue other ventures.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
It is so, so weird to see Kane doing this kind of stuff and not being a big red monster, lol.

Good for him though, just goes to show you don't have to be a "wrestling guy" forever though, and can pursue other ventures.

He is big in to politics and very well educated. It is funny too because not so many years ago, so many people would call wrestlers stupid/uneducated and their fans even dumber.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Glen Jacobs is one of...if not my all time favorite (male) WWE performer...
and while I was disappointed with him not being in Rumble this year (it
would have been his 20th career Rumble match) I'm glad he's had time
off to recover from his injuries and pursue outside career ventures.

No matter what he ends up doing...he'll always be the Big Red Machine
to me.

I'm still kind of hoping that if Daniel Bryan takes some time off when his child is
born that Kane may return as "Corporate Kane" and be the temporary GM.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
When you listen to shoot interviews from basically anyone who was in WWE they all say Glenn Jacobs is the nicest and most intelligent dude on the roster..

I hope Kane does pursue a political career after wrestling. I hope too see him as a Senator or Congressman in the future because he has true libertarian values, which is what more politicians in Washington need, imo.

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
"Jacobs holds a bachelors degree in English literature from Northeast Missouri State University (now Truman State University), as well as a teaching degree. He filled in as a substitute teacher in the St. Louis area after college."

Imagine having Kane as your substitute teacher

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
The first sentence said it all, no one misses the big red dumpster fire. It's best for business.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
No tags? :lol1:

Hell locally dude's been doing PSA's for smoke detectors. Get yours checked! Don't wanna wind up in a fire (your brother causes)!

• Haha
Reactions: Grievous 3D

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I like Kane a lot but when they did the corporate angle it kind of ruined him for me. I hope at this point, he just hangs up his boots and follows his other dreams.