WM Rumor Match With Brock

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
How does it not? You actually need an explanation as to why the feud would be excellent? It's two big stars squaring off who have never squared off before, Batista is a great heel and the people love Lesnar, etc. You can easily build an entertaining rivalry between them if you wanted as long as Batista was around for enough dates to properly do so.

The only thing wrong with Batista's run the last time was that he wasn't brought back as a heel (or brought back with the intention of turning him heel shortly after) from the get-go. Otherwise, his run was just fine. He won the Rumble over Daniel Bryan, drew massive heat, put Bryan over, reformed Evolution to put The Shield over, was supposed to put Bryan over one-on-one at Payback but refused and so helped put The Shield over for a second straight time instead, and then left. Don't know what more could be expected from him given the circumstances (the funny thing is, if he had gotten over as a face when he returned, he would have won the championship and ended up being the one to drop it to Lesnar at Summerslam instead of either Cena or Bryan, but that's a different story.)

My only issues is that Batista returning only to put Brock over in one quick program before leaving again might shrink some of the impact out of it. if Batista were around for a short while prior to the feud getting underway and Lesnar was the one to step up and beat his ass out of the company and send him away again, that would be better. But it is what it is.
Did you even read my whole post?

2 big stars? I can think of lots of big stars that I'd much rather see fight Brock as well as other fans I'm sure.

Regardless of what caused his bad run, it was bad. Very bad. Sure he could come back as a heel and it could be better. But he's coming back from like 4 straight losses and a lousy run. It makes him going against Brock look like a fucking joke.

Not against Batista coming back in some capacity, but to have him fight Brock wouod be silly.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Did you even read my whole post?

2 big stars? I can think of lots of big stars that I'd much rather see fight Brock as well as other fans I'm sure.

Regardless of what caused his bad run, it was bad. Very bad. Sure he could come back as a heel and it could be better. But he's coming back from like 4 straight losses and a lousy run. It makes him going against Brock look like a fucking joke.

Not against Batista coming back in some capacity, but to have him fight Brock wouod be silly.

His run was just fine. I mean, he returns and puts people over despite everyone's original contention with him being that he was just waltzing in from Hollywood and taking a pivotal spot from someone in the main event, and yet you still find a reason to complain? :pity2: Their original plans to have Batista run with the title for a good 4-5 months were axed in favor of Bryan, so from there, it's purely a matter of timing and convenience as to what Batista does if he decides to stick around. He's still a big enough star that he's not gonna just drop down the card and put over some midcard geek, so you have to look at what the big angles were that were transpiring on the show at the time. And those were Bryan's rise to the top and The Shield rebelling against The Authority, and thus that's how they ended up utilizing his heel character post-Mania. The Shield vs Evolution was a dream match of sorts that people had been wanting to see since 2013 too, so that was another reason to book it.

I'm also not insinuating that Batista is the absolute perfect opponent for Brock next year, for the record, more the other way around. There are a couple of other people Lesnar could have an interesting program with (Roman Reigns being the clear choice given they have unfinished business stemming from last year), but I can't think of any other person that I would rather see Batista fight than Brock if Big Dave did decide to make a return.