With HHH now in charge, can the tag division be alive?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
My answer is no.

With Gabriel working babyface at house shows for the past two months, Slater on his own (As seen on Smackdown). Jinder yet to team with Khali and the Tag Champions being literally buried, how can HHH even save the Tag Division?

What would you do to rejuvenate the division? How can it be saved?

Lucky

Reaction score
Well I just read that once the KOW sign their WWE deals that they're bypassing developmental and going straight to the main roster. Combine that with the Usos, the possibly newly re-formed Hart Dynasty, Cody & Ted re-forming, yeah it's possible.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I guess I don't understand the question. HHH isn't the end all in decision making in WWE so he doesn't have the power to just say hey lets make the Tag Team a better division, Vince and others are still very much a part of the process and for whatever reason they've decided for the time being they don't want to invest to much in tag team action. On top of this I've never heard or read anything to suggest that HHH has any love for tag teams so if he were the ultimate decision maker I still don't see him trying to push them.

TheZig

Reaction score
If WWE have any intention on reviving the tag team devision then i think something like a tournament to kick start things is in order with the winners getting a shot at current champions Otunga and McGillicutty, Ofcourse a few teams need reuniting. Although i don't really see this being a big priority for HHH at the moment, Either way i'd include the following teams hypothetically speaking.

The Uso's
The Hart Dynasty
Santino & Kovloff
Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder
Legacy (Rhodes & Dibiase)
Kings of Wrestling (If and when they are brought up)

Here are a few wildcard teams i think could work:

Daniel Bryan & Derrick Bateman
Booker T & Goldust (I'd love this just for the segments)
Drew McIntyre & Mason Ryan

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Whilst HHH might not really be in charge WWE can use this as a way to freshen things up and start caring about the tag team division again. I hope that from now on they start putting more effort into tag teams because that division used to be awesome and I hate how it has been buried for years and years. I don't have high hopes for it though because WWE have hinted at it so many times yet never done anything with it.

The teams Zig listed would be good and they could easily create a couple more teams from FCW or even midcarders on RAW and Smackdown. Or they could do what they are doing with KOW and sign tag teams from the indy circuit. It wouldn't surprise me if the Young Bucks/Generation Me get a developmental deal in the next twelve months. Have four teams on each brand and book title matches on PPVs again.