Will WWE panic and give Cena the strap?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
It's inevitable that he'll be feuding with Punk for the title, I have this horrible feeling that Cena - because it's been a FULL YEAR without the title - is going to win it to boost those ratings. We've all noticed how child friendly he's been recently, after two great feuds with Rock and Brock (all be it Brock's was small and ended horribly).

Reactions: Matt

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
This is what i expect to happen. Cena's grown on me so i kind of want him as champion :/ would they do a face vs face? If they dont, who do you think will turn heel Punk or Cena? I'd expect punk but I'd want cena.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Cena's grown on you? I understand why if we were talking about this a few months back, but now? He was awesome in his feud with Rock and Brock, but he has been god awful since imo. The star wars promo - come on?

Anyway, Punk will be the one who turns heel IF they do indeed do a heel turn between them. Cena won't.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Of course it'll happen, those idiots don't know what to do, so they just go into Cena mode every 6 months or so, because they're not able to build any other stars. Have someone beat Cena cleanly or something, build a new guy. I'll accept him winning the title if he feuds with Bryan and drops the strap to him, but we all know that won't happen because Super Cena overcomes everything and everyone... I'm sick of Cena.

Reactions: Crayo

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
i :gusta: cena

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Why don't they have Punk drop the title to Bryan at MITB? With an AJ swerve. Then Bryan can feud with Cena and retain the title at Summerslam. :yay:

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
The fact that someone who spends as much time on this forum as SantinoUS/Ariana is still a real Cena mark and think him holding the belt is good astounds me. Kudos for sticking to your (In my opinion bad) taste

Victoria Justice

Champion
Reaction score
Stopspot said:
The fact that someone who spends as much time on this forum as SantinoUS/Ariana is still a real Cena mark and think him holding the belt is good astounds me. Kudos for sticking to your (In my opinion bad) taste

Thanks sir

army_george

Jobber
Reaction score
i know its not going to happen but cena could have one of the greatest turncoats of all time
i mean think how much of a reaction hogans got and his storyline barely made sense
cena could have the GOAT turncoat and be top heel in a single week
got to admit he could put alot of stars over as a heel instead of his current superman faggotry

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
They most likely will, and I don't think it's entirely a bad thing. Cena is always gonna be on top as long as he's the face of the company (belt or no belt) and Punk below him, so really, giving Cena the belt changes nothing as far as he and Punk's status on the card. The only difference is, at least the world title will be in the main event again. And really, most of the feuds that Punk has had since being world champion could have easily taken place without the WWE Title being present. His feud with Jericho, for example, was all about being the best in the world (though I know a world title could definitely play into that) and about Jericho trying to turn him into an alcoholic. It could have worked without a WWE Title. Not a whole lot will be changing. My only disappointment is that I was hoping for someone other than just Cena getting to be the one to finally dethrone Punk, but oh well. (Then again, there's nothing that states that Cena will be winning for sure, so who knows.)

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I think they will, but I'm not worried. He's booked as champ anyway, that belt's only losing credibility when the spotlight's not on the champ at all.

What worries me is the way they're going to play this up as a big deal. "After nearly one full year without the WWE Championship, John Cena reclaims his spot at the top!", like it'll be this great redemption story and that it'll be refreshing and different now that he's the champion again, when no fans will believe it. Just like they did at Extreme Rules last year, except less idiotic because it wasn't right after the long-overdue Christian... thing.

Reactions: Hannah Bee