Will UFC Leaving SpikeTV help or hurt TNA?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
If you haven't heard UFC have supposedly signed a massive deal, $90 million a year, with Fox which will start once UFC's deal with SpikeTV expires next year. UFC along with TNA were SpikeTV's two biggest brands so with UFC gone this could mean two things.

Positive: TNA is now the most important brand for SpikeTV and that puts them in a fantastic position. SpikeTV can put more money and energy into TNA. They may be looking to fill the gap left by UFC by giving TNA more programming time in the form of a second show.

Negative: There were rumours a few months back that with UFC leaving SpikeTV were going to completely rebrand the network. Rather than focussing on males it will try to draw in all viewers. This would mean that TNA would be on the back burner and not the focus if a rebranding happens.

Do you think this will turn into a positive or negative for TNA?

PegasusKid

Reaction score
I dont see TNA having enough relevance for this to make an impact. I think that Spike should invest more money in it and learn from previous companies mistakes with what they do with the company and perhaps build TNA as a credible threat to WWE but something like that is going to take a long time to do. I think before TNA bring in a second show they should get their first show moving around the country more consistently and draw credible numbers then look at a second. because 2 shows broadcasting out of Universal is kinda stupid imo. But I guess we will have to wait and see.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
It can only be a possitive thing for TNA IMO, fact is their biggest competion on that network is leaving, it might be bad news for the network as a whole, but in the short term at least it will be good news for TNA.

Dademo

Reaction score
Spike's looking to get Bellator to move over to Spike and since their already signed with Viacom I'd expect it. Bellator is up and coming though so TNA should be just fine.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I noticed that in SpikeTV's press release about UFC moving they hyped their shows yet they failed to mention TNA. Slightly odd that they wouldn't mention the highest rated show on the network when they are trying to convince everyone that the channel will be fine without UFC.