WrestleMania Will this be Undertaker's last match?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Do you think Undertaker retires after WM 33?

• Yes

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 50.0%

• Total voters

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
tenor.gif

As we all know, the man is getting old. While I think it would have been best to either retire after losing the streak to Brock or ya know, beating Brock and maybe one more person then retiring... Keeping the streak in tact - here we are and he is taking on Reigns. If Roman does go over... Could this mean it is Undertaker's last match? I feel like if he goes out on a loss and is able to put Roman over as a legit heel it would be worth it. Maybe have Roman "retire" him. Just having him win another match makes no sense. In makes even less sense to piss away the heat he can pass on to someone else. Like when they had Brock end the streak.. There was heat for sure but Brock didn't need it. Roman... He needs all he can get to establish his future. Why not allow Undertaker to be the one to put him over with the crowd as a heel once and for all?

Do you think this match at Wrestlemania 33 will be Undertaker's last match?

tumblr_o561a4udDe1ub8y6bo1_500.gif

Reactions: Grievous 3D

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
:hhh4:I hate to say this...It's ringing in my brain just thinking about this situation that we have upon us......I understand that WWE could use Taker to put Roman over as a real deal legit heel I get that.....BUT you are talking to a diehard Undertaker fan I do not want my favorite wrestler to go out on a lost and DAMN FUCKING WELL NOT TO ROMAN WHACK ASS REIGNS.....ITS UNETHICAL IT'S MINDBLOWING THAT THEY WOULD EVEN CONSIDER THIS.... I HOPE TAKER MAKES ROMAN PAY FOR HIS BLASPHEMY.....LONG LIVE THE TAKER MAY HE NEVER RETIRE!

Reactions: Smg and Solid Snake

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
:hhh4:I hate to say this...It's ringing in my brain just thinking about this situation that we have upon us......I understand that WWE could use Taker to put Roman over as a real deal legit heel I get that.....BUT you are talking to a diehard Undertaker fan I do not want my favorite wrestler to go out on a lost and DAMN FUCKING WELL NOT TO ROMAN WHACK ASS REIGNS.....ITS UNETHICAL IT'S MINDBLOWING THAT THEY WOULD EVEN CONSIDER THIS.... I HOPE TAKER MAKES ROMAN PAY FOR HIS BLASPHEMY.....LONG LIVE THE TAKER MAY HE NEVER RETIRE!

This is why I have a feeling they might do it... Undertaker fans, like his true fans LOVE him. To see Roman of all people beat him, well... It just screams HEAT.

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
This is why I have a feeling they might do it... Undertaker fans, like his true fans LOVE him. To see Roman of all people beat him, well... It just screams HEAT.
I would literally have to take some type of action if this occurs.. I will sit down and hand write a letter that would never be read by Vince voicing my dislike and concerns regarding the matter....or maybe someone would have to die :hmm:either way some form of ACTION will be taken.... Taker's legacy is Sacred to a Undertaker fan it would be a smack in the face to lose to RR and at WM of all places ???? WTF VINCE WTF I just sort of got over Brock beating the streak....Paul Bearer is turning in his grave as we speak at the thought of Roman Reigns Vs The Phenom :mad2:(I Know Paul.....I know)

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I would literally have to take some type of action if this occurs.. I will sit down and hand write a letter that would never be read by Vince voicing my dislike and concerns regarding the matter....or maybe someone would have to die :hmm:either way some form of ACTION will be taken.... Taker's legacy is Sacred to a Undertaker fan it would be a smack in the face to lose to RR and at WM of all places ???? WTF VINCE WTF I just sort of got over Brock beating the streak....Paul Bearer is turning in his grave as we speak at the thought of Roman Reigns Vs The Phenom :mad2:(I Know Paul.....I know)

As far as I am concerned, Vince screwed Taker's legacy when Brock won. At this point, what is there to lose? I am not a big Taker fan but I am still mad about Brock being the "1 in 21"

e0iqqj.gif

mania27.gif

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Yes...

He is in desperate need of hip surgery and once he has that done he won't wrestle again.

The fans wanted Taker/Cena...but Vince wanted Taker/Roman and as we know...Vince gets what
he wants because its his company and fuck the fans who actually care about the product..

Honestly...after seeing Taker at the Rumble...I think it is time for him to retire...and while the guy
is one of the greatest WWE performers ever...not even he will be-able to get Roman "over"

Reactions: The Phenom

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
and while the guy
is one of the greatest WWE performers ever...not even he will be-able to get Roman "over"

Dropping them pipe bombs like...
Pipe-Bomb-cm-punk-29763174-500-225.gif

But yea, I have to say I agree. He is in poor condition. He knows it, we all know it. I would rather see this be his last match, win or lose, and retire now before he ends up needing even more surgeries.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Please don't compare me to Punk...I take that as an insult...lol
He is in poor condition. He knows it, we all know it. I would rather see this be his last match, win or lose, and retire now before he ends up needing even more surgeries.
I think its important for wrestlers to retire at the right time...because
there is nothing sadder than watching an "old" performer stumble
around the ring ruining their legacy and tainting the memories you
have of them.

Case & Point: Ric Flair in TNA & Hulk Hogan after Wrestlemania 18...

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Yes this will be his last. Taker is gonna pass the torch to Reigns. It's his destiny

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Taker could squeeze out another WM but I think chances are, this will be the last match. He should go away, then come back at WM 34 and do some official retiring thing with just a segment.

That's how I'd book it. Make it more than just 'he retired after a loss'.

Reactions: Solid Snake

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Yes, I think this'll be his last Mania. Hopefully Reigns is positioned as a heel or turns heel during the actual match.

All I know is that the fans are already seeing him as a heel, so you can't really position Taker as the heel here. The fans won't buy it.

Reigns is going to get massive heat for retiring The Deadman anyway, so they might as well capitalize on it and turn him.

Reactions: The Phenom

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Given his showing at the Royal Rumble the other month and the hip surgery that he needs to undergo, I guess him retiring this year sounds logical...however it's the undertaker we are talking about and his retirement has been an ongoing discussion for... how many years now?

Anyway, I am going to go on a limb here and say no, he doesn't retire this year and predict he shall do so next year in New Orleans, probably in a match against Cena. Come to thino of it, it would be quite surreal him ending his career in New Orleans, the city where his WM streak also ended...